Other The First Crush

mediae

i'm on top of the world hey! (he / she / they)
Oh boy.

How did this happen?

This isn't even meant to happen to me. I didn't think it was possible. We'd only met once, so there was no time to form a platonic connection.

Right?

But when she helped me put on my VR Headset, and walked me through Beat Saber, I fell harder than I thought was possible.

Actually, that's not quite true.

She sat down next to me whilst we sung along to the music, talking to each other about our favourites of those songs. Her voice was.. nice.

I'd only think back later how odd and off topic that thought was.

I can remember the event perfectly? How? I have absolutely no clue. I never usually can. It's usually just blurred places and small details, jumbled into one.

But that event? I can remember the soft carpeted floor, the dark room, lit only with fairy lights. They shone in her dark eyes, forming reflected galaxies that could keep me star spotting forever and ever.

Okay, but come on. She, with her beautiful dark curls, framing her picturesque face, couldn't like me right? Or even have the possibility to.

So what did I do? I asked.

Subtly, of course. If she wasn't, this was a Christian event, so if she wasn't, I still wanted to stay friends.

But she nodded, then pointed excitedly and I said. "Yeah. Me too."

I don't think it'd be possible to measure the size of my grin.

She was a lesbian. How hadn't I noticed before?

She had Doc Martens and a lesbian flag made of beads on a paper clip.

Man, I am stupid.

But I'm a Non-binary person. Did she still like those?

"Mhm! Just not massively masculine people."

I still had a chance.

We traded numbers, but it'll be while before I can see her again.

But I'll be counting every second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back