• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The fireman and the policeman

Jeffery frowns and gets out. He had already dropped Lyla off and his moms. She didn’t need to be apart of this. He goes up to the door with her and holds her close.

The officer nods and hits it down. “Well keep in touch.” He tells him.

Max held him and went inside taking a deep breath trying to keep herself collected and calm as they went inside

Norman nodded a bit looking over at Max as she came in "Max, god please tell me you've heard from her?!"

-2 months-
Max sat at Jeff's place checking over her finale projects before she submitted them to a magazine hoping they would get published in the next issue. She picked up phone as it rang smiling as she heard Jeff's voice "Hey baby whats up?" She asked knowing he was still on the job.

Norman sat at the doctors office waiting patiently with Dehlilia smiling as she played with the toys on the floor quietly. It was her annual check up right now so he had the day off thankfully. He had been doing his best to get info on the case with Chleo but since it had become personal he had been taken off of it. However he knew he was onto something as he looked at all the info he was privvy to from when he was on the case.

Jeffery smiles a little. “Nothing much. I just missed you.” He murmurs softly and runs a hand through his hair. “How are you?” He asks soflty and bites his lip softly. “I also wanted to ask a favor.”

Dehlila sits on his lap and plays with a toy. She giggles and grins up at him. She looks up when she hears the doctor call them back and smiles at her dad.

Max gave a soft smile "Im good babe, whats the favor?" She asked softly closing her computer as she finished with it getting up to go find something to drink

Norman smiled happily at her and put the toy back with the others before he went into the back with doctor "She has been doing pretty good doc. Ear aches seem to be nonexistent, sometimes she wakes up from naps with them but she is usually better within a few minutes."

Jeffery bites his lip. “My mom isn’t feeling well so she can’t pick Lyla up from daycare. I was wondering if there’s could?” He asks softly. He hated asking her to do this, knowing how she was with Lyla. Lyla adored Max but he knew Max was still iffy about it all.

The doctor nods and smiles. “That’s good to hear.” He murmurs and starts to check her over. “With that news and how she’s looking now, we’re pretty confident she can have the surgery to get her hearing back.” He murmurs softly. “I’m pretty confident she could get at least partial hearing back.

Max gave a small nod "Oh I hope she feels better." She said biting her lip hard at his question "Oh um....yeah sure that shouldnt be a problem." She told him confidently. She had grown to like Lyla, she did like the girl but she didnt want to be her mother.

Norman looked at him in shock smiling wide "Seriously? Wow thats amazing." He said quietly looking down at his daughter "Would our insurance cover it?"

Jeffery grins and nods. “Thank you so much. I owe you big time babe.” He murmurs and smiles. “I should be home early tonight, so I’ll see you then.” He murmurs softly and smiles. “I love you.”

The doctor smiles and nods. “You would just have a hundred dollar copay but everything else will be covered.” He assures him.

Max gave a small smile "I love you too babe." She murmured before she got ready and went to pick up Lyla from play school.

Norman looked relieved and smiled wide "Thats amazing." He saif happily looking at Dehlila and signed happy to her.

Jeffery smiles and goes back to work.

Lyla play with some of her friends and giggles. She looks up when she sees Max come in to pick her up and grins. “Mommy!” She exclaims and runs over, hugging her legs.

The doctor or smiles and hands him the paperwork to read over abut the producer and they get it scheduled for two days from now. He leaves him to it.

Max went wide eyed and took a deep breath patting her back gently "Hi Lyla..." she said softly feeling very uneasy when her teacher came over and asked Lyla who she was

Norman leaves with Dehlila and sighs heavily sitting in the car looking at his phone letting tears fall as he saw the picture of Chleo holding Dehlila when she was first born "God I wish you were here." He whispered

Lyla smiles and looks up at her teacher. “My mommy.” She tells her and grins up at Max. “Where grandma?” She asks softly.

Dehlila babbles in the backseat and cuddles with one of Chleo shirts Norman had given her to calm her down when Chleo first went missing. She now drug it around everywhere like a security blanket. She really missed her mom.

Max gave an uneasy smile and looked at Lyla "She wasnt feeling good, Lyla we talked about this, Im daddy's friend remember?" She said softly after her teacher had excused herself to go see the other kids and Max made her way out with Lyla.

Norman gave a soft smile at Dehlila and watched as she clutched the shirt close giving a heavy sigh. He had to find her, he just had to.

Lyla frowns a little and holds her hand. “But you love daddy like mommy did so you’re my mommy too.” She murmurs and smiles at her with an adorable grin.

One of Norman’s friend in the department calls him up and bites his lip. “Norman it’s David. They found a lead on Chleo.” He tells him. He had been keeping Norman as updates as they could. “Someone says they saw the car she was taken in. They’re looking for it now.” He lets him know.

Max frowned some and shook her head getting her in the car "I do love your daddy, I love him very very much but sweetheart Im not your mommy okay? I'm Max so please just call me that." She said softly and calmly hoping this would just be a small slip up and Lyla would just go back to calling her Max.

Norman answered the phone and went wide eyed "Whats the car? Damn it David whats the car?!" He yelled getting more upset by the moment

Lyla frowns and looks down. She nods a little and holds her teddy bear toher chest and looks away from Max,upset. All her friends had mommy’s and she wanted one too.

David frowns. “Norman you know you’re off the case. I can’t tell you that. I just wanted to keep you updated. They aren’t sure this is even gonna lead anywhere significant.” He murmurs and glances around the room.

Max gave a heavy sigh and closed the door getting in and turning on the car starting to drive off with the radio lightly playing in the background not hearing it was Lyla's favorite song.

Norman frowned more gripping his steering wheel hard "But you dont fucking know that damn it! This could be the one good lead!"

Lyla bears the song softly and looks at Max. “Can you turn it up.” She asks softly.

David sighs. “Norman I can’t. I’ll let you know if it leads to anything.” He hangs up.

Max hums softly completely in her own head and focusing on driving that she couldnt even heat Lyla ask the question

Norman hung up wanting to hear no more of it then started his drive home glancing at Dehlila in the back as she started to nod off

Lyla frowns when she ignores her and starts crying. “I want daddy!” She screams.

Dehlila dozes off and holds onto the shirt. She smiles in her sleep and nuzzles into the short more.

Lyla starts crying and throwing a fit. “I want daddy!” She screams again and throws her bear at the back of the passenger seat. She screams and cries.

Max went wide eyed and pulled over turning to look at her "Lyla whats wrong? Why are you acting like this?!" She asked taking a deep breath feeling a little scared. She had never been with a kid this long alone and had an incident such as this, she had no clue how to handle this

Lyla whimpers and just her bottom lip out in a pout. “You’re mean!” She snaps and sniffles. She whines and makes grabby hands at her teddy bear she threw. She wanted her daddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back