• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The fireman and the policeman

Jeffery runs a hand through his hair and sighs. He needed to pick up a few things for his house and a bottle of wine for the party tonight. He wasn’t looking forward to the blind date attatched to the party but he was still gonna go. He liked Norman and Chleo so he was gonna put up with it.

Chleo smiles at Norman and wraps her arms around him as he was finishing making lunch for the party. “I can’t wait.” She murmurs skftly and lays her head agaisnt his back. “I’m gonna be exhausted being a host all night though.” She laughs soflty.

Max roamed around the store trying to get groceries for herself giving a soft sigh groaning when she couldn't reach the top shelf for some bread. She even tried climbing the shelf but her damn height killed her sometimes. She huffed and looked around biting her lip when she saw a tall guy grabbing a bottle of wine near her "Excuse me? I'm so sorry to bother you but um could you possibly help me get something down from the shelves?" She asked biting her lip hooing this guy would be nice.

Norman smiled softly and ran his hands down Chleo's ever growing bump smiling widely at her as he held her from behind "Its going to go great babe, don't you worry." He murmured kissing her temple gently "Oh I invited Jeff last minute by the way, he needs to get out and I think he and your sister might get along well." He murmured softly. He had promised to stop setting Max up on blind dates since she yelled at him the last time about how awful the officer was, but he wanted his friend and sister in law to be happy and he could really see them getting along well.

Jeffery looks over at the girl and smiles a little at her. Wow she was cute. He nods a little and grabs the bread she was trying to reach. “Here you go.” He murmurs and smiles at her. “I’m Jeffery by the way, I go by Jeff though.” He murmurs softly.

Chleo smiles and places a hand on her bump. She glances a table him and shakes her head. “Well you’re dealing with Max when she gets upset.” She tells him and smiles. She knew he was just trying to help, so she wasn’t angry at him for this. She rubs her bump a little. “I still can’t beliebe we have a little one on the way.”

Max blushed a light pink as he flashed her a gorgeous dimple smile which she returned quickly. She had always had a thing for men with great smiles. He was very handsome to her as well, built up but not jacked to the nines, dark brown hair and eyes to match. He was a dream boat to her for sure "I'm Maxine, but everyone calls me Max. Its very nice to meet you Jeffrey." She said softly as she stuck her hand out to shake his.

Norman chuckled some and gave a shrug "She'll be fine, I mean Mike wasn't that bad! He just asked how old she was and her weight." He explained before he started to laugh again at the memory. He smiled softly at her bump and gave a happy nod "2 more months babe, 2 more months." He said happily before glancing at the time raising an eyebrow "Hey aren't you supposed to be meeting your sister for baby shower shit at one?"

Jeffery smiles and nods. “It’s nice to meet you.” He shakes her hand and watches her. “This May be foreword but would you wanna get dinner sometime?” He asks soflty. There was just something about her. She was beautiful.

Kat shakes her head. “You don’t ask a woman that!” She exclaims and smiles at him. “You are never setting her up with officers again.” She murmurs and kisses his cheek. She glances at the time. “Shit.” She mutters and waffles over to get her shoes and purse. “Babe can you help me get my shoes on?” She calls and sits on the couch carefully.

Max felt her cheeks heat up more as her smile widened and gave him a small nod "Yes...I would um...I would like that a lot." She said softly before she reached out and wrote her phone number on his rough hand. She was never this forward or shy around a man, but for some reason she felt he was different in some way. She felt her phone go off and gasped seeing the time as she pulled it out "Oh my I am late!" She exclaimed shaking her head some "Thats my number, just call me and we can figure everything out. Ive gotta run to help my sister with baby shower things. Bye!" He said in a rush before she hurried down the isle so she could check out.

Norman smiled and gave a small chuckle. He always found it adorable that she needed his help with putting shoes on "Alright babe I'll drop you off okay? Can Max bring you back here?" He asked knowing she really shouldnt be driving due to the size of her stomach and just as a precaution to anything.

Jeffery chuckles and nods. He watches her run off and looks down at the number. He quickly puts it in his phone before it rubbed off and headsto check out. He sighs softly and smiles. He couldn’t believe how forward he had been with her. He smiles and heads back to day care to pick up his daughter and take her home.

Chleo smiles and nods. “Yeah I’m sure she can.” She murmurs soflty. “She has to come over here anyway.” She murmurd and stands up once he puts her shoes on. “Thanks babe.” She murmurs and kisses him softly. “I love you.” She murmurs and smiles at him.

Lyla smiled happily seeing her dad at the door "Daddy!!!" She squealed running up and hugging his legs tight. The 3 year old stared up at her dad in awe and giggled softly "Daddy I still go to grandma's?" she asked

Max got to the coffee shop in time thankfully findinf her sister already sat down "Hey! Sorry I'm late, I was at the store." She said giving a small laugh as she sat down checking her phone real quick to make sure she hadn't missed any calls or texts

Jeffery smiles and scoops the little girl up. “Hey princess.” She murmurs softly and kisses her nose. “Yeah you’re gonna spend the night with her baby.” He murmurs softly. He gets her in her car seat and buckled up before heading to his moms.

Chleo smiles and shakes her head. “It’s okay. I just got here too.” She murmurs softly and smiles at her. She sips her drink and watches her. “You look happy.” She murmurs and giggles. “Anything happen I should know about?”

Lyla smiled happily and clapped her hands "Yay!!" She squealed "Daddy I ave fun at scool!" She said happily before she started to babble on in gibberish.

Max laughed softly and bit her lip "Well I met a guy...well I wouldn't say met met, but he asked me to dinner..he was so handsome Chleo. I literally just asked him to get some bread from the top shelf." She explained some how beyond excited to see this man that she barely knew.

Jeffery smiles as he listens to her. God he loved his little girl so much. “I’m glad sweetie.” He murmurs and gets to his moms house. He gets her out and heads inside. “Mom, were here.” He calls and puts Sylvia down.

Chleo giggles softly and shakes her head. “Wow.” She murmurs soflty. “I think your luck with men might be changing.” She giggles and rubs her bump softly as she feel a kick. She rubs the spot gently and sighs softly. “This little ones a little kicker.” She murmurs and shakes her head. “Just be careful on this date.” She murmurd softly.

Lyla smiled and ran to her grandma when she saw her "Grandma!!" she squealed holding her tight before she ran back to Jeff "Bye bye Daddy!" she said reaching up and puckering her lips wanting to give him a kiss goodbye.

Max gave a small laugh shaking her head softly "I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, he might not even call me." she said giving a soft smile seeing her sister pregnant "I'm happy for you, by the way I'm not going to get bombarded with another blind date again am I?" she asked raising an eyebrow knowing how Norman liked to surprise her with these blind dates.

Jeffery chuckles and picks her up. He kisses her softly and rubs her back softly. “You be good for grandma okay sweet pea.” He murmurd and kisses her forehead. He ruffles her hair and sets her down. He kisses his moms cheek and heads out to go out the grocery’s up and get ready for the party.

Chleo smiles and looks down at her belly. She still couldn’t believe this was her life sometimes. It was so different than what she had before Norman. She never would have imagined being happy and starting a family. She looks back at her sister and bites her lip. “He’s a really great guy Max. He’s Norman’s best friend. I’ve meet him before.” She murmurs and bites her lip. “Just give it a shot.”

Lyla smiled happily and kissed his cheek before she went off to play.
Norman called up Jeffrey a little while later giving a small smile "Hey man you still good for tonight?" he asked wanting to know he wouldn't bail out again like the last time he tried to play match maker.

Max rolled her eyes and shook her head "I swear if he is as rude as the last guy I'm leaving." she muttered crossing her arms a bit "So what do you want for this baby shower so I can get the supplies." she said wanting her sister to have a good baby shower. She had never been one for children at all but if her sister was happy with this then she would be happy for her.

Jeffery sighs softly as he puts the grocery’s away. “Yeah yeah I’m coming. Can’t back out now that moms got Lyla.” He murmurs and sits down on the couch. “Why do you insist on setting me up though?”

Chleo smiles and nods. “Well we aren’t doing pink and blue.” She makes a face. “I can’t stand that. Plus we don’t know the gender yet. We wanted to keep it a surprise.” She murmurs softly and watches him. “I was thinking the theme could be grey and lilac.” She murmurs softly.

Norman chuckled some "Because you need someone man, you've barely been out since Crystal, its been 3 years man. I really think this one is a good one, cross my heart man." he said really just wanting his friend to be happy with someone again. Ever since his fiancee died at child birth he could tell how lonely he was.

Max nodded some and took the notes down "Ooo that could work maybe throw some light greens in there too." she said giving a soft smile "So what are you hoping for? Boy or girl?" she asked taking a few more notes down about what she would need to buy and from where.

Jeffery sighs softly. “Fine fine. I’ll be there.” He murmurs and decides against telling him about the girl. He’d only push him on the matter. “I’ll see you tonight. You better not be making Chleo do all the work.” He teases.

Chleo smiles and nods. “Yeah.” She murmurs and leans back. “A girl.” She murmurs softly and smiles. “I wanna name her Delilah Maxine Reedus.” She murmurs and looks at her sister, biting her lip softly.

Norman shook his head giving another laugh "No no I'm helping too." he said chuckling a bit "Don't worry man, this will be a good one I can tell." he said before he said his goodbyes and hung up getting the last few things they needed for the party.

Max nodded some not quite catching it "Thats a nice- wait Maxine?" she asked looking at her sister in shock feeling tears prick her eyes "You want to name her after me? My awful name?" she asked half jokingly. She had always not cared for Maxine, its why she went by Max, but the fact her sister wanted to name her child after her made her heart swell with happiness.

Jeffery sighs and shakes his head. He gets up and goes to take a shower and change. He sighs softly and deiced to put in some effort for Norman's sake.

Chleo giggles and nods. "Yeah, I do. I already talked to Norman about it and he loves the idea. If its a boy his middle name will be just Max." She murmurs softly and smiles at her. "And we were hoping you'd agree to be their Godmother as well." She asks softly and bites her lip. "I know you don't really care for kids but we trust you in case something happens." She murmurs softly.

Max bit her lip hard and gave a small nod "If it was anyone else I would say no, but for you guys I'd be honored." she said softly before she hugged her sister tight rubbing her bump some as they pulled away "Well little person, you got a kick ass aunt here for you." she said giving a small laugh. They sat there for about another thirty minutes and finally as evening rolled around the party had started and was in full swing however Max still had yet to meet her blind date, not that she was complaining though, she had a serious lack of trust in Norman's sense of men for her as of late.

Norman sipped his drink happily as he kept an arm around his wife's shoulder chatting it up with some of their friends. The party was in full swing a good 30 to 40 people already there and that wasn't everyone. He frowned some though when he had still yet to see Jeff anywhere around, he wondered if he stood him up yet again or maybe he was just late. He didn't want Max thinking the guy she was to meet was going to be a douche to her.

Jeffery sighs softly as he finally parks near their house. He had been considering not showing up. He was sure the girl wouldn't mind. He sighs and heads inside, looking around for Norman. He slides between people, apologizing as he went. He sighs softly and makes it to the kitchen, setting down the wine. He glances around again for Norman and frowns when he can't seem to catch glimpse of him.

Chleo smiles and lays her head against Norman's shoulder, chatting with their friends. She rubs her belly softly and endures the endless array of people wanting to touch her bump. She wasn't really fond of people doing it, but she didn't want to be rude. She excuses herself after a bit though and kisses Norman's cheek. She needed some fresh air for a bit and heads out to their back patio.

Max sighed heavily and frowned making her way to the back patio for some air giving a smile as she saw her sister "Chleo! I hate your husband!" she said going over to her shaking her head some "Pretty sure whoever he set me up with stood me up." she murmured giving a heavy sigh "Guess my luck with men is kinda shitty still." she muttered sipping her drink lightly as she sat down next to her sister

Norman kissed Chleo's cheek as she stepped out and smirked seeing the tall figure of his best friend walking around "Jeff!" he yelled waving him over when he got his attention "There you are man! I've been looking for you!" he said clapping a hand on his shoulder "She should be around here, I think she was wearing a black sun dress, got long brown hair." he said hoping he would be able to find her. Norman however was starting to feel his drinks and didn't even think to give his friend the name of the girl before he wandered off.

Chleo looks at her sister. "Aww give him a chance. Maybe he's stuck in traffic." She murmurs and shrugs a little. She lays her head on her sister's shoulder and sighs softly. "Why did I agree to a party when I'm ready to burst." She mutters and shakes her head a little. She glances up at her and giggles softly. "Go make another loop for the guy, he's tall with shaggy brown hair. He'll probably be hanging around Norman if he's here." She murmurs softly and sits up.

Jeffery nods and watches him leave. That was pretty vague but there couldn't be that many girls that fit that description. He sighs softly and circles back around the party again. He ends up in the living room by the patio door and scans the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back