• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern π“𝐇𝐄 π…πˆππ€π‹ π–πˆππ“π„π‘ β€” 𝐨𝐨𝐜 𝐭𝐑𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝.

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Kovacs Kovacs hehe hello hello my love; i'm expecting some gawjus characters!!
Your wish is my command. And likewise >:-) Keepin' my eyes peeled for them edits on your gorgeous goth girl WIP cs πŸ‘ and lmfao yessssssss Pedro Pascal is a national treasure. I absolutely loved him in Narcos - hell, that show is a national treasure too. I literally couldn't stop myself from binge watching the whole thing and just cause you mentioned it I might rewatch it again πŸ’€ Reason #28373 to go off and procrastinate from uni work

im resisting the urge to throw a few down at once, gonna go with one before i get your beautiful delicious lore down pat. i love THEM ALL, and miss ophelia 😩
throw em down. THROW 'EM DOWN VAL.

so I may of added another three placeholders - including a certain character from the interest check! I'll probably have more, but more as a keepsake for future side-characters. depending on how much time I have will depend on how many get full cs. we will see. I'm excited to see some swanky characters!!
Hell yeah >:-) Speaking of side characters, I wanted to ask how detailed does a side character's cs need to be?

Your wish is my command. And likewise >:-) Keepin' my eyes peeled for them edits on your gorgeous goth girl WIP cs πŸ‘ and lmfao yessssssss Pedro Pascal is a national treasure. I absolutely loved him in Narcos - hell, that show is a national treasure too. I literally couldn't stop myself from binge watching the whole thing and just cause you mentioned it I might rewatch it again πŸ’€ Reason #28373 to go off and procrastinate from uni work

throw em down. THROW 'EM DOWN VAL.

Hell yeah >:-) Speaking of side characters, I wanted to ask how detailed does a side character's cs need to be?
now that is a good question! side characters aren't meant to be roleplayed if that makes sense? obviously we usually write in third-person but through the perspective of that character (I know there is a term for it but too lazy to look it up). so up to you in terms of detail! can be as simple as the basics and just a general blurb of who they are! they are more to compliment your main character/s and the story.

Hi all. Dropped off two little placeholders, though only one of those two shall make it into a full CS and the other will poof. There can only be one. I just don't know which one is the one just yet. πŸ˜‚ I'll give it a good deep thought tomorrow on who gets fleshed out and such. Tonight I sleep!

L
ol waaait. I just realized that both fcs were in once upon a time and that was a complete accident. I can’t with myself right now.

Last edited:
i just saw this and i am so excited!!! lfgi

so my first character, alex, is up! definitely doesn't deserve anything that is about to happen, she is such a gem. just gotta work on her history mainly but alas I must attend to other matters.
frank will probably follow next! he shouldn't take me too long, like alex I have a solid concept already.

idiot idiot hey dear!! just a quick q-- for backstories. is the outbreak sort of pocketed rn? it's mentioned in the interest check that there's not a big disaster scenario just yet (i think, unless i'm not reading right). Would it be safe to say that there is either a handful of cases for some people to deal with or a whole 'oblivious because christmas season' outbreak beneath everyone's noses that reaches the boiling point as the rp starts.

in shorter words because i only know how to talk around something, are we able to put some amount of interaction with the infection/the undead leading up to the rp starting? or should backstories not include what's happening currently in campton falls?

idiot idiot hey dear!! just a quick q-- for backstories. is the outbreak sort of pocketed rn? it's mentioned in the interest check that there's not a big disaster scenario just yet (i think, unless i'm not reading right). Would it be safe to say that there is either a handful of cases for some people to deal with or a whole 'oblivious because christmas season' outbreak beneath everyone's noses that reaches the boiling point as the rp starts.

in shorter words because i only know how to talk around something, are we able to put some amount of interaction with the infection/the undead leading up to the rp starting? or should backstories not include what's happening currently in campton falls?
oh lovely question! I've been meaning to put a story or two in the lore but got distracted by my characters hehe. I've got a podcast transcript and news article in the works!

I think you've hit the nail on the head! while there is definitely a handful of cases that have been both documented and exposed to the public, the government have done a good job at keeping them buried with other stories (this sounds so close to real life lmao?). so unless your character is a conspiracy nut they probably haven't heard much. and even if they did, we hear about death everyday yet barely remember it the next day.

in terms of campton falls, there has no reported cases of "odd" behaviour. which will be explained how it seemingly just appeared throughout the roleplay hehe. the roleplay will begin just as normal - the first post almost acting as a slice-of-life roleplay to establish our characters and getting you thinking and writing in their perspective. after that though, all hell will break loose.

now in terms of cases OUTSIDE of campton falls. while I don't want every single character having experience with the infection, it is possible they could of know someone, heard stuff or even had direct experience (albeit brief). in the end, your character's experience will most likely be disregarded if they were sharing it. if you or anyone else plan to include this, which is perfectly fine, to just keep it in line with the infection lore written so far. as I've said, most of it is hush hush to keep the character's on their toes. for example, does blood to blood contact cause infection? how long does it take? can you survive a bite? do the dead reanimate? well those questions are you guys to discover hehe ;-)

in other news, alexandria is DONE (hopefully). she is obviously of inuit descent and this is my first time creating a character in this realm so if you have any constructive criticism please do share! while I've done my research, it is entirely possible I've slipped up.

idiot idiot

holy cow thank you so much quick response!! this helps so much with stuff!!

and i love alexandria!! in general also i LOVE what you've done with campton falls and having a history of inuit relations being positive enough to keep the culture alive there. I did some research in my class for an assignment on indigenous claims for land and their fights for autonomy in canada, came across the NunatuKavut people in eastern can/labrador and quebec area. The early French settlers there had the kind of relationship that campton does with the inuit there, so I honestly love to see it.

hi ! I just wanted to drop in and say everyone so far looks absolutely lovely, I'm heading to sleep now but got some basics up before that :)

i'm very excited for this! i was wondering if you have a total character limit in mind for how many you'll be accepting? :-) idiot idiot

also I realise we've got two franks in the rp right now, mine is an old character of mine and I'll probably end up changing his name, just wanted to get a placeholder up!

revamping an old character. been wanting to work on writing for him and this seems like the rp for it! super excited about all these characters. ^^

will hopefully have a wip up soon.

hello hello! just posted some placeholders, connor as always brings the amazing quality writing & i couldn't resist ehehe
hopefully will get my chars done in a bit! everyone's characters look awesome so far

My cartel boss is pretty much ready! Now I might add my second character's placeholder :3

All the characters look awesome, the hype is real!

i'm very excited for this! i was wondering if you have a total character limit in mind for how many you'll be accepting? :-) idiot idiot

also I realise we've got two franks in the rp right now, mine is an old character of mine and I'll probably end up changing his name, just wanted to get a placeholder up!
well considering all the apps and depending on how many are actually going to be completed, it seems the roster for accepted players will be around 10? I'll see, because I'm doing it on player basis not characters - so if you get accepted all the characters you created will be involved!
hello hello! just posted some placeholders, connor as always brings the amazing quality writing & i couldn't resist ehehe
hopefully will get my chars done in a bit! everyone's characters look awesome so far
stoppp you're too kind :'-)

I'll get back to writing some things soon, just doing a few things!

i think i finished sam? i may trickle in more stuff or edit some things as info comes up, but for now i think... solid.

i'm loving all the placeholders and characters! i dunno if I'm gonna make anymore just yet, based on how many there are up rn!! but I can't wait to see what comes out!!!

n e w l o r e . . .
has been posted in the lore thread hehe! by the way, loving the characters so far AHHHHHHHH.

Oh, we have a deadline now πŸ‘€
That gives me plenty of time to completely overhaul my character after I realised there was a lot of overlap between mine and some others, so that's a relief

lesson learned. don't make a lot of progress on an edited post and accidentally click away from it. post that baby in workshop, in a new post, and let it save as you go. i am BIG dumb people. Dx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back