• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fight for Freedom: Mïrarl

Ayrenn

Ayrenn sighed as she walked the hallways of the palace at Atos, The royal family were expecting herself and her brother.
It seemed their father had written ahead confirming their attendance to swear their oaths. Wearing a gown that had been approved by her mother, Ayrenn broke her train of thought as she looked to her twin brother. Seeing him nervous seemed to calm her somewhat.

tumblr_nerorgPxPF1slec19o4_250.gif

Softly holding her brother's arm as they walked, she spoke gently to him.

"It will be fine brother, the only ones who know are both of us"

She had said, knowing that her brothers preference regarding a bedmate was not seen in a good light in most parts. Hence his nerves, as if someone would find out. As they approached the double doors to the main throne room, the nerves bubbled back up. What if something were to happen. What if they were held as hostage.

Shaking her head, she waited for their sign to enter the hall and face the entire Royal family.

Vyncent Thamas Teasen’athem

Atos, Mïrarl
a9f0171c5c8c8179d886e65ebc37e3a8.jpg

snape-hp-photo-severus-snape-8304850-jpg.303363
Vyncent paced the palace hall as he awaited the arrival of their guests. He'd been alerted of their arrival as soon as they entered the castle grounds. Despite the guards positioned in the large hall, the only sound that could be heard was the prince's own footsteps echoing as he walked back and forth. As a second sets of footsteps approached from one of the side doors, Vyncent looked up to see Minister Silverfall approaching.

"Have you alerted the queen of their arrival?" the older man asked, noticing a distinct lack of Illyrelus's presence.

"I see no reason for the king's wife to be present," the prince abruptly replied.

"I would advise that I take the two guests to the dining hall and provide them with refreshments." The minister's voice was as stern as always. "Your father is due to return anytime today and I'm sure he would appreciate being present to formally welcome them."

"Your advice has been noted, but I will act against it," Vyncent replied. One of the guards approached the two men and alerted him that the Telvanni siblings had arrived. "Then let them enter," he ordered the guard. He stepped away from the minister and stood a short distance from the doors to greet the guests.

Vyncent stood tall; presenting himself as a strong and commanding figure. "Welcome, Lord and Lady Telvanni," he flatly greeted the siblings. As he allowed his eyes to focus on Ayrenn, he couldn't help but notice just how beautiful she was. This was a pleasant surprise for the otherwise uninterested prince.

Miss Lusamine Miss Lusamine
Mentioned: WickedDreams WickedDreams

Last edited:

Gery Willowcrest

untitled_by_lizardlywizard-d9p9vdc-jpg.307100

Gery couldn't help but smile to himself as he noticed Aria blush and send a playful glance his way. This trip was turning out to be quite the pleasant escape for him. Whilst he couldn't forget what was waiting for him back in his village, and what had happened to Horace, this was the breath of fresh air he needed. He folded his arms and leaned against the edge of the bar. When she turned back to face him, he flashed her a warm and charming smile.

"Thank you, miss," he said, gratefully accepting the drink of ale from her. He took a long drink, having underestimated just how much he'd needed it. He placed the drink down as Aria told him Garret would be out of town for a few days. The smile left his face as his mind became occupied with trying to think of what he should do next. He'd taken enough of a risk leaving his friends behind just this once and he'd genuinely believed he would find Garret on this single visit. "No need to apologise..." he trailed off, seemingly distracted by the news.

Gery had expected to spend the evening telling Garret all about what was going on back in Wrenlow. He'd been looking forward to speaking with a neutral party - one who wasn't already affected and afraid of Kane. He'd been certain he could have talked Garret and his men into returning to the village with him to help drive out Wrenlow's tormentors. But he wasn't here and Gery had at least a full night to spend in Sephrespa.

"It is a great shame that Garret is away. My village and I desperately need his help. I've even paid to spend the night in Sephrespa, in a nearby inn." He drank more of the ale and realised the lady wouldn't want to hear about the troubles of some small and insignificant village outside of the capital. He smiled to Aria and glanced around the tavern before fixing his focus back on her. "So, tell me. What is there for a man to do around here? I'd hate for this to be a wasted journey."

Miracleist Miracleist

Ayrenn Telvanni
fa8d54f44eb012be012500f8ce2fe15a.gif

Ayrenn went silent when they were introduced, She had readied herself to introduce herself to the entire
royal family but she found herself quietened when she saw it was the prince on his own she went silent.
She had never seen the prince before and a soft blush danced across her cheeks. It was her brother who broke
the quiet by bowing as expected.

Quickly following suit, Ayrenn curtseyed and gave a soft response.

"Thank you for welcoming us your grace"

She said softly, still blushing like she was some naive maiden. It was not normal for her to be so tongue tied around
anyone. She knew what to say and do at all times but for some reason the crown prince left her unsure of herself.

She did not even hear the offer of refreshments and a chance to rest. She came out of her wanderings as her brother accepted the request from the steward who had been standing to the side.

Interaction:
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Atos, Mïrarl
a9f0171c5c8c8179d886e65ebc37e3a8-jpg.314665

Vyncent clasped his hands together behind his back as he watched the two guests bow and curtsey, respectfully. A smirk crossed his face as Ayrenn thanked him and then proceeded to blush. It was a somewhat familiar sight to him, to see his visitors ,or even servants, blush upon meeting him. Despite generally keeping himself away from most people, he was receptive enough to know they reacted in such a way because they were either humbled to meet royalty or they thought him attractive. Sometimes both. Vyncent wasn't one to be distracted by such trivial details. Love and romance were not things that fit into his journey for power. Whether he liked it or not, his path was to be chosen for him and he would wed the woman his father, the king, chooses.

Then he looked to Ayrenn again and he could feel his acceptance for his father's decision beginning to crack slightly. She was truly beautiful.

Minister Silverfalll saw the distraction in the prince's eyes and immediately recognised the cause. "Come," he addressed the two guests, cutting straight through the silent tension. "Walk with His Highness and me to the dining hall for some light refreshments," he suggested. The clergyman made a point of positioning himself between Vyncent and Ayrenn. "You have picked a good time to visit the castle," he addressed the two guests. "The Queen of Raeyllis, Prince Vyncent's betrothed, is expected to arrive at the castle over the next day or so. You must ensure you stay for the festivities and glorious banquet," the stern man's voice suggested. Vyncent caught the older man's eye for a brief moment and sent the coldest glare to the man. He knew Silverfall had sensed what was going through Vyncent's head and had purposely mentioned Mai'vryn to put a stop to it on the spot.

As they entered the guest dining hall, the four of them were seated to one end of the narrow table. The prince and the minister sat next to each other, with Silverfall facing Ayrenn and Vyncent facing her brother. Vyncent knew the clergyman was putting himself in the way and soon enough the prince would dismiss him from their company. For now, he would humour the man, even if he could feel his own irritation building.

"Were your parents too busy to represent House Telvanni and grace my family with their presence?" he coldly asked Ayrenn. He fell silent as a servant began pouring some drinks for the four and placing a selection of sandwiches in the centre of the table. Realising he was aiming his irritation at the wrong person, his features softened slightly as he held eye-contact with Ayrenn. "I suppose the real question I should be asking is: how was your journey?"

32977d4d08fbf81bbf1fa96098ca0f9b.png

Aria, the picture of empathetic concern. She would know. After all, she too was in dire need of help at one point in her life. She glanced in the direction of the old tavern owner, nodding gratefully to his cheery grin – though it was still directed the way of the men at the table, now drunk on his combined flattery and refills. Putting on a comforting smile, she refilled his glass. Small nods to his words with the occasional affirmative grunt. “Mmm hm,” she rested her hands down on the counter.

Her curiosity was now piqued, even with his vague desire for help. She had no doubt that anyone who really needed Garret was likely looking for some muscle. But a village too? Her mind was promptly wandering. Perhaps the cruel lord bearing down upon his humble people; perhaps a roving band of brigands taking all that they could. Little flights of fantasy that Aria was a little guilty about. More so when he changed the subject.

Still, a question was asked and she felt too bad to burden him with probing.

“Well, Sephrespa’s the capital for good reason. You can do virtually anything with enough coin.”

She lets loose a melodious giggle at stating the obvious – it went without saying anything that one could do nearly anything with enough capital. Composing herself, she continued,” Or if you prefer to be more conservative – this stretch outside the tavern here has the cheapest anything.”

She considered speaking of the lewder places of interest. Then she saw his pure and handsome features; perhaps she would not defile that on her watch.

“Hm. Or well, I’m here. I’d love to hear more about the outside world!”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

tumblr_inline_o1otigBTkg1rifr4k_500.gif

Ayrenn Telvanni
Atos, Mïrarl
Ayrenn nodded when the clergyman made the offer of refreshments. Moving with the group, her brother on her other side Ayrenn noticed the subtle movements and the veiled mention of the upcoming nuptials she knew what was going on, Politics. Based on the Princes reaction to the statement he seemed annoyed by the mention. Nodding along solemnly she decided to go through the dance the clergyman was leading her on.

"Of course it makes sense now my lord, The Reach lands saw a big request for fresh food to be delivered into the capital, we just did not know the reason. We tend not to ask our kings reasonings, we just follow what he asks of us"

With a smile intending to be gentle, the sharpness in her eyes said otherwise. Despite being shaken by the prince, she would not back down from this duel.

"The Queen of Raeyllis, a fine match I do agree my lord. But does that mean she gives up the title of her home land to come here?, or are we to lose our Prince and Heir for him to become King in another land"
When they all sat down, her brother remaining silent. He knew well enough that when she played this game to stay well out of it. With a smile that was in no way warm, she waited for a reply to come from the clergyman, only to be shocked when the Prince made his rather cold remark.

Making an effort not to react, her poise was her weapon. If she showed weakness or shock she lost control. Hearing his apologies, she nodded.

"It is fine your Grace, Im sure things must be hectic around the Capital right now. As I explained before we knew something was happening in the city since the increase of trade for the food my home provides, we just did not know why. It is because of this that my parents have not come themselves.

They want to make sure our lands keep up with the increased need"

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Last edited:

Atos, Mïrarl

Vyncent was studying Ayrenn's face throughout their exchanges and he could see there was something behind her beauty. Most young women he met were quite simple and hollow beneath their exterior, but this one was different. He could see she had a mind of her own and he was surprised to find himself drawn to that as he always imagined the only woman he'd want in his life would be a submissive one.

"Now, now, Lady Telvanni..." he began, as she began speaking on how the marriage would change things. He briefly glanced to the Minister and displayed an expression that suggested the older man should keep silent. He then looked back to his guest with a thin smile. "Let us not get caught up in the intricacies of something which may not even come to light. I'd hate to get the kingdom's hopes up by giving them excitement at the prospect of a royal wedding." He then shuffled forward in his seat. "Though I myself am quite fond of the beauty Mirarl has to offer and that's where my preference lies. Nothing can quite compare to this land and its people."

"I think it's perfectly realistic to expect a lavish royal wedding soon," the minister interjected, with a smirk. He believed Vyncent was a man who preferred to think rather than feel, so the prince would eventually come around to the idea, especially as he would have little choice in it. The minister would make a point of having the king's ear about this as soon as possible.

"The Capital is grateful for hardworking people, such as your family. I've received no complaints about the food we've had provided, so trade with yourselves will continue and perhaps only grow," Vyncent said, choosing to ignore Silverfall. He sat up straight and sipped some of the wine he'd been given. "Remind me. How long do you intend on staying with us, Lady Telvanni? I can ensure both of you have available two of our finer guest rooms," he told the two siblings.

Gery Willowcrest

Gery smiled to Aria as she spoke about the things he could do whilst in Sephrespa. He wasn't on board with any ideas which involved spending more money than was needed, but he heard her out regardless. He was interested in seeing the sights the capital had to offer. He was even more interested in speaking to and learning more about new people. He enjoyed listening to the lives and histories of others.

"The outside world might not be as impressive or intriguing as you expect," he began. "I believe I never caught your name. Would it be too forward of me to ask your name?" he asked her, ever the gentleman.

Gery made himself more comfortable as he decided he was going to remain seated at the bar so he could continue speaking with Aria. " My part of the outside world is a small village, Wrenlow, in Nosea. It's the kind of place where everyone living there knows each other well and look out for one another. Whilst I like Sephrespa, my village is quieter and more personal, with nature and beauty as far as the eye can see. There's too many buildings in this capital." He smiled to her, showing it was only a desperate comparison of their homes. "Unfortunately, my village has been abandoned by those in power and we're at the mercy of criminals, and even Nosea's Lord Omarson himself. I came here to seek out Garret as I believe he can help us. I'm sure it's clear to see I'm no warrior like our friend Garret is." Gery sighed and for a moment looked down to his hands. He probably shouldn't be offloading his troubles on this young lady but it felt a little better to offload his troubles to someone who wasn't also affected by them. She may have now pieced together the cause of his swollen lip. "There's a man leading the gang of thugs who has killed people close to me and is threatening to do more. I've tried to stand up to him, but I'm severely outnumbered."

Gery looked to Aria and faintly smiled. "I do apologise. Whilst I'm sure you're no stranger to hearing others spilling out their troubles, I expect they're not always as grim as mine." He leaned back a little. "Tell me about your life here," he suggested.

Miracleist Miracleist

Aria was silently sceptical about Gery’s dismissal of the outside world. Her mind wandered to the many books she read. Flights of fantasies returned to her, taking hold of her as she stood in the tavern. The dimly-lit tavern like a mysterious cave, the stretch outside like the dangerous wilderness. Aria only smiled as she regarded Gery; how jaded was the man to think the way he did? Or could she, perhaps, be naïve? The latter thought left a sour taste in her mouth, making her shuffle uncomfortably, nearly leading her to miss the rest of what Gery had said.

“Ari'arsi'aruhi'a, at your service,” Aria said, giving him an elegant curtsey.

She always did love seeing the reaction of others when she provided her full name. “Or, Aria,” she added, laughing. Feeling more at ease now with the tavern owner taking care of the other patrons, Aria allowed herself a glass of honeyed water (secretly) as she listened to the man pour out his woes. It quickly became apparent how the swollen lip came to be, and though a sympathetic face was put on Aria, she found herself more curious about the “Lord Omarson” he mentioned. Her eyes wandered to the men, now loud and tipsy; just earlier they had talked about the same “Lord Omarson”.

She considered telling him about it, but he changed the subject quickly. Oh, sweetie, Aria mused. “Ah, now, now, a lady has her secrets now,” Aria shot him a playful wink. “Besides, since you brought up Lord Omarson, it happened that the same man was just the subject of a recent conversation.”

She hesitated briefly, then gestured over to the table of four. One already had his head on the table and the other three were laughing about some joke someone cracked.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Ayrenn Telvanni
Atos, Mïrarl
latest

Ayrenn gave a soft smile to Vyncent as he spoke and answered when he questioned how long she would be in the capital.
"We will be here for a few weeks at least, the journey took longer than we suspected it would"

Taking a drink from her goblet, letting the news sink in. Whenever a journey was made from the Reach lands it was for an extended amount of time.

"Of course, despite my parents not getting the opportunity to travel my Grandmother will be coming to the capital of course, she remembers being friends with your grandmother"

Ayrenn explained, knowing full well her grandmother would be more than a match for the steward who was getting on her nerves if she was being honest.

Her brother cleared his throat and stood.

"I really should get some practice in the training yard, I have been rather lax with my blade while travelling and I really should get some work in"

Loren got up from the table and place and firm, but friendly hand on the steward and with a voice dripping in cheer he spoke to the steward

"Could you possibly guide me to the training yard?, ive not had a chance to familiarise myself with the castle layout"

Loren more or less guided the steward from the hall under the pretense of needing a guide. Looking back he threw a cheeky grin before leaving with the steward being more or less pushed in front of him

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Atos, Mïrarl

Vyncent smiled when Ayrenn informed him she expected to be there for at least a few weeks. "Well, isn't that just wonderful. It will give you plenty of time to explore the castle grounds and become acquainted with the people here. I'd quite like to learn more about House Telvanni as well," he noted before taking another sip of his wine. "Your grandmother intends to join us too? We will ensure a room is prepared for her arrival. Perhaps she can discuss the old times, with Minister Silverfall. He can't get enough of the past," he added, with a teasing grin in the religious man's direction.

When Loren got up and requested Silverfall helped guide him to the training yard, Vyncent glanced to Ayrenn and faintly smiled. Then it seemed to be less of a request and more of an order as Loren practically pushed the man out of the room. "Yes, the Minister will be more than happy to give you a tour of the grounds. Use him for as long as you need to," he remarked.

Once the two other men had left, Vyncent looked back to Ayrenn with curiosity. "I must thank your brother later. My way of removing the Minister would have caused more of a scene," he half-joked. His face then turned more serious as he realised he was now alone with Ayrenn. This kind of one-on-one interaction was rare for him. "Does it not bother you to be alone with me? I'm fully aware of the rumours about me which circulate freely around Mirarl. They're all true, you know. I'm selfish and arrogant," he remarked. It was difficult to tell if he was being serious or not as his face showed no emotion either way. "People need to be kept in line somehow and many people only respond appropriately to an authoritative commander." He'd had the choice to give in to what his deeper feelings told him or behave the way he often did, clearly he chose the latter for this exchange.

Gery Willowcrest

Gery's eyes widened as Aria gave him her full name. He instantly hoped he would be able to remember it or at least manage to get away with not needing to repeat it to her. When she then gave him a shorter name he could use, he allowed her to see his relief, along with a humoured smile. "Aria it is," he confirmed. "A pleasure to meet you."

When Aria mentioned that a group of four men had recently been discussing Lord Omarson, Gery looked to the table she had gestured towards. He observed them for a time before looking back to Aria with a concerned expression on his face. "Did you hear what kind of things they were saying about Lord Omarson?" he asked, his voice lowered. "The Lord is a dangerous man who supports dangerous gangs for his own profit. If they are associated with him, then I must presume they too are dangerous," he suspiciously noted. None of the men seemed familiar to him. They certainly hadn't been part of any group that had previously accompanied Kane whilst he terrorised the village. But this didn't stop Gery from fearing the worst. As his mind wandered, there was also a growing worry that Kane himself could be present in Sephrespa. The twisted man had mentioned he would be away for a couple of days. What if he too had travelled to the capital?

"Aria, would you happen to have seen or heard of a man named Kane? Thin face, unshaven, cold eyes..." he began, before realising he could be describing a million men. "Well, I don't believe a physical description would be needed as his ruthless and cruel personality who separate him from most men..." He stopped himself and took another drink. "My apologies, Aria. Thoughts of Lord Omarson and Kane have set me on edge. I believe this tavern would not attract such fiendish men."

Miracleist Miracleist

Ayrenn Telvanni
Atos, Mïrarl

tumblr_inline_omcsu5GPzw1u8oyzz_250.gif

Ayrenn gave a grin in response to Vyncents remarks about her house and the Minister. Taking a drink she nodded to the princes invite for a walk in the gardens sometime. "The minister does seem to like looking backwards does he ever look to the future, beyond wedding planning"

Giving a teasing grin, she put her goblet down. Listening to the princes question, her face remained neutral. Of course she heard of how the prince was, courtly politics was always played around the known world. She also knew how the prince felt about his step-mother. Letting him finish, she took a drink again before speaking.

"I'll not lie your Grace, the rumours do go around. I will not sit here and insult us both by acting the flatterer and try to say I have not heard them. But at the same time I will not hold them to my own opinion. As my grandmother says, people who form opinions before meeting someone are fools and oafs"

Putting her goblet down she looked you straight in the eye.
"Brute authority has its uses but there's also the subtle approach. The best way to get things done is to have people do it for you so that its not even known that you got it done"

Gently dabbing her mouth with a napkin, she went quiet allowing the prince the chance to absorb her response

Misty Gray Misty Gray .

It went as Aria had expected, and on a face as handsome as Gery’s it was a sight to behold. Aria already had the day marked down as one of the best in a good long while. Though, she was certainly starting to question her decision to tell him about the four men. Granted, they were mostly too drunk at this point to put up any effective resistance, but Gery seemed convinced that they would be dangerous nonetheless. Aria only kept silent, without the Good Garret, it would not do to offend anyone. Still, she felt a little bad for the man before her seeing how his brows creased and the worry wrote itself on his once-pleasant face.

Aria took a few more sips from her glass, glancing at the tavern owner then darting away quickly. His glare and disapproving head shaking was a barb that would prick at her side later – of that she had no doubt. Taking more generous sips, she set the glass down as Gery finally broke his silence with a query about a some ‘Kane’. She folded her arms on her chest as she searched her memory to no avail – a fortunate detail. Gery answered for her as he shifted away from the topic with an unneeded apology.

“Oh, now now, this tavern attracts everyone, even fiends – like you, you handsome fiend,” Aria teased, mischievous glint in her eye.

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Atos, Mïrarl

Vyncent smirked. "No, I do believe the Minister is grounded in ages of the past. I recommend you try to avoid joining him for prayer at any point. Once you do, he will have you join him every morning, as I must," he warned her. "He's very set in his ways and perceives himself to have more authority than he does."

When Ayrenn answered his question honestly, he was pleased. Whilst he commanded respect and loyalty from those in the castle, it still irked him when women only told him what they wanted to hear out of some belief it would gain his admiration. Sometimes, it was just nice to hear the truth.

"I don't know, Lady Telvanni, I quite enjoy brute authority. Subtlety I find too tedious and false. No, I'd much rather not leave things open for interpretation on that front. The staff and servants here need to know exactly where they stand, and that is below myself. They are here to be commanded and I to command. The moment I cease making that clear is the moment I open things up to misinterpretation and chaos," he told her. He folded his arms and looked her in the eyes to see how she would take such a response.

Gery Willowcrest

Gery watched Aria as she glanced to the tavern owner and he managed to pick up on the disapproval the man seemed to send back to her. Before thinking about whether to comment on it, he returned to the conversation at hand. He chuckled as she teased him, briefly looking down to his glass as he tried to compose himself. He hadn't travelled to the capital to have fun and socialise, but seeing as his reasons for doing so had hit some complications, why not?

"Oh, so you think I'm a handsome fiend?" As he grinned, he too had a mischievous glint in his eye. "Is that why the owner of this establishment keeps sending you disapproving looks? Does he think I'm here to lead you astray?" In a way, he was glad George hadn't joined him in the tavern as he would not doubt have been resigned to sitting with the young man in the corner mulling over their troubles back at the village. Instead, Gery was able to have the reprieve he felt was owed to him.

"It's a shame you're working. You could have taken me out for a night-time tour and whilst I showed you my fiendish ways," he told Aria. "But if your shift is not due to end any time soon, I could go for another drink of that fine ale," he requested.

Miracleist Miracleist

Ayrenn Telvanni
Atos, Mirarl
tumblr_n6fvepxdqA1twqp77o3_250.gif

Ayrenn nodded, looking thoughtful for a moment as she contemplated your response. She thanked the gods that you had not thought to treat her as a daft girl as many men tended to do. It was like a game of chess, this back and forth they were having.

Popping a grape into her mouth, she gave you a wicked grin as she replied
"That is why the approach must come together as a pair. One to be brutally upfront and honest, then the other to use flowery, soft words to soften the blow while maintaining the fear and respect"

She finished eating and drank from her goblet before speaking once more.
"Besides, a soft response with a veiled threat can be just as effective your Grace"
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back