• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fhi'Rhax Chronicles

With curiousity, the Yellow clad Wizard watched the pair navigate the Bazaar. His fellow councillors words resonated with him, as Helman passed the stall of weapons and armour but it was the puzzling pile of clothing that garnered his attention.

It could provide some answers as to what went on, or if untelling at least a disguise per chance. A useful tool when dealing with any survivors, skeletal or otherwise.

Stroking his thick, coarse beard he offered his suggestion.

3. Investigate the pile of clothing

"The dwarf lacks a weapon, an ill idea in an unknown place," The red and black robes of the mage shifted as moved, raising his hand once more. "It would be best if he attempted to rectify this."

1. Investigate the Weapons and Armor Stall

"Touch not articles of the dead so easily," said the masked, darkly robed wizard as he made a warning gesture. His voice was rather firm and strong despite his mute nature from before. He instead indicates a desire to address the skeleton. "Not until introductions and permissions be made."

4. Investigate the Fancy Skeleton behind a Stall

"Now that sound interesting !" The purple witch perked up. "Playing it safe all the time is such a bore !" She let out a dramatic sigh while reclining in her seat. "Why not take a bit of risk for once ?" She leaned on the table. "Let's go say hi to Mister skeleton." The witch smiled dangerously.

The elf tilts their head. "Nothing should be touched until those that reside here have been consulted. It's common courtesy."

4. Investigate the skeleton

“Speak, and learn.”

(This was a much harder decision imo, one and three were very tempting. I swear I am not just always picking four!)

Vote:

Investigate the Fancy Skeleton behind the stall- 4 Votes

Investigate the weapons and armor stall- 1 Vote
Investigate the pile of clothing- 1 Vote

Perhaps it would be wise to consult with the only actual denizen of this place that he was exploring before he began rummaging through its ruins. Perhaps this figure would know the locations of traps and treasures. Oh! And most certainly a lits of other dangers. That could make the most sense.

Otherwise, what else would a friendly seeming skeleton be doing here behind a stall.

Right?

Helman motioned to Kale.

"Let's go talk to that fancy looking skeleton over there. Maybe it knows something about this place?"

A non commital grunt emerged from Kale. Once again, he isn't exactly the most talkative. But at least he knew that if something went wrong, it would be very helpful to have him in a fight. A stone Golem is a powerful ally to possess.

The skeleton seemed to be one of a human origin. Its frame certainly wasn't that of a stocky build. So definitely not a native of this city. But where could he have come from? He's defiantly animated, so some kind of magic was involved. Maybe he'd know something of the city.

The skeleton spoke in a deep, almost seductive and smooth voice.

"Salutations, my friend. It's not often that I get visitors here at this shop of mine. At least not since the city was abandoned. I was almost considering closing it for good before you arrived."

The skeleton gave a sigh.

"But that is neither here nor there. My name is Desmond DiClawe the 4th and I welcome you to my Wonderporium Outlet where you can get wonderous things on the cheap."

He moved his head in such a way that he was probably trying to wink, even though he didn't seem to have any eyelids.

"Hmm. I see." Helman was both at a loss for how to proceed and intrigued by this concept. "Well, what sort of goods do you have for sale?

"Why, I'm very glad that you asked, my young dwarven friend."

Desmond clapped his skeletal hands and then a bunch of items appeared on the table before the duo. Each clearly labeled with a price.

First, there was a rope attached to a grappling hook listed at 5 Silver.

Then there was a Red Health Potion listed at 25 Gold.

There was also a Dwarven Runed Smithing Hammer listed at 30 Gold.

And finally, there was a Chain Shirt listed at 25 Gold.

Checking his own pockets, he had exactly 30 Gold on him. Which meant he could get that really nice Smithing Hammer. With that, he knew that he could forge really nice things. He wasn't sure what those runes did, but they must help out with the forging process.

However, those other items could be nice in his quest to explore this place.

Also, maybe he should ask some questions while he is here with Desmond.

CHOICE:

1. Ask Desmond Questions and then buy items- List what Helman should buy
2. Just buy items and then move on- List what items Helma should buy.
3. Ask questions without buying anything.
4. Don't by anything and go back to exploring the bazaar.​

The yellow Wizard certainly had questions of his own for the skeleton, Desmond, so why wouldn't the young Helman.

And there was no doubt in the Wizards mind as to what item the stocky Smith should buy. Like a sword to a Knight, the Smithing Hammer was the soundest choice. With it, Helman could become who he needed to be.

There was no hesitation as the Wizard spoke.

1. Ask Desmond Questions and then buy the Smithing Hammer

The elf nods. "Agreed. The hammer is the best choice. He can make all the armor he needs with it, I'm sure." They chuckle. "Besides, there's nothing saying he can't come back here later, let him get something to create beautiful things."

"My my, I didn't know my fellow members valued art so much !" The purple witch chuckled. "Don't worry I too I'm a patron of the art." She smiled and took a sip of her beverage. "Let's chat a bit with Desmond and buy that hammer. The poor fellow could use some kindness !" She gestured and casted her vote.

"Such a hammer will likely not be found again, the dwarf should ensure that it will be his," the mage of fire narrows his eyes slightly and leans forward. "But questions must be asked, this skeleton must know something about what has happened here."

1.Ask Desmond Questions and then buy the Smithing Hammer

“An author should not be without their pen.”

1. Ask Desmond Questions and then buy items- Dwarven Runed Smithing Hammer

Vote:

Ask Desmond Questions and then buy items- List what Helman should buy- 5 Votes

He should ask Desmond some questions. Yes. That makes sense. At least after he bought that sweet, sweet hammer. Not only is that practically a steal for that price, but he could make wonderous things with such a tool of a craftsman. At least, he would definitely be an envy of many another blacksmith for it.

Helman smiled at Desmond as he pointed a thick, stubby finger at the Dwarven Runed Smithing Hammer.

"I'd like the hammer please."

Desmond appeared to give off an aura of happiness and being pleased. At least, that's what Helman believed was so. "Ah yes. Good choice, my boy. A very good choice indeed. That'll be 30 Gold Coins."

The skeleton held out his hand as the young dwarf poured the contents of his coin purse into it. Desmond glanced at his palm, closed it and placed it behind the counter in a swift series of movements of one who has done that many times before. Chances are his "eyes" were keen enough to know that Helman had handed him the correct amount.

With not another word, Desmond handed him the hammer carefully.

Helman felt the craftsman tool in his grip. It had a solid grip with almost perfect finger holds. It would be difficult for it to simply fall out of ones hand while being held tightly. He even gave it a few "practice" swings. It was balanced smoothly. It could be used in combat, if needed. Though only as a last resort as a tool such as this could be irreparably damaged if used improperly.

"Say Desmond. I'd like to ask you some questions about this place. Would that be alright?"

The shopkeep leaned forward as he slowly began to put away the other items that he had had for sale.

"Of course, of course. Anything for a customer. Here at The Wonderporium, whether at an outlet or a main store, we always strive to keep our customers happy and coming back to use for all their shopping needs. What would you like to know?"

Helman smiled. "Well, for starters, what is this place?"

"Ah, yes. You would be wondering that, what with it being abandoned for all these years. This is the Thaig of Al Judore. It was once a shining city filled with devotees of the Goddess, Solareanet. She was a goddess of the Sun and Flames. Back then, this mountain had been an active volcano. Part of their rituals involved sacrifices to ensure that the volcano remained active. A small collective of individuals did not agree with this way to worship the goddess and so they set out to sabotage the ritual. They crafted huge Stone Golems to block the flow of the magma and redirect it so that the leaders of the city would not have access to the heat or lava pits. This angered the leader of the city who had begun to sense the treachery and began to purge the city which resulted in a civil war. In the end, most either died or fled from this place, believing it to be cursed. But for me, it was just another location of one of my shops. I can tell you that my sales never recovered from that civil war."

Helman looked mesmerized at the given tale. It was amazing to hear about such history from one that was at least around duirng that time. Perhaps he could find out even more from this skeleton.

CHOICE:

1. Ask about more history of the Thaig of Al Judore
2. Ask about some of the landmarks that you have already seen in the city.
3. Ask about Desmond's own history.
4. Stop asking question and go back to exploring.​

Holding the brim of his hat, the yellow wizard closed his eyes as he forged a connection between Helman and himself. With the boy bewitched by the skeletons story, other questions were bubbling to the surface of his mind. Pulling his hat over his eyes, the wizard prodded the dwarf subtly towards his suggestion.

The purple witch leaned on the table as Desmond told the dwarf what happened. "Mister skeleton is becoming more and more intriguing !" She exclaimed. "He could be a very good ally to have. Let's be social and ask him more about himself" She smiled. "We already know the nature of this place. It isn't as dangerous as we thought." She gestured dismissively and casted her vote.

3. Ask about Desmond's own history.

"I am curious as to what happened to the people of this land, the dwarf should ask to learn more," the mage of fire's eyes lit with an inner fire of curiosity.

“I agree, blood sacrifice is not to be taken lightly.” The voice spoke with a cold certainty of experience. “It is a disgusting art.”

The elf sighs. "Much as I would love to learn more of Desmond, he is not our chosen hero. We must learn what in this place might threaten him." They state, leaning back.

Vote:

Ask about more history of the Thaig of Al Judore- 2 Votes
Ask about some of the landmarks that you have already seen in the city.- 2 Votes

Ask about Desmond's own history.- 1 Vote

Desmond was fiddling around with some sort of strange device as Helman seemed to be debating what he should ask the friendly skeletal merchant. As he was doing so, locked in a sort of indecision between two options that seemed equally important for him to get to know, Kale decided at this moment to speak up.

In his gravely voice, Kale spoke, "What is the history of this place? You spoke of the Goddess and the sacrifices. But there is more to this place than that, correct?"

The skeletal merchant slightly cocked his head as he heard these words.

"Yes. Yes, my friends. There is much more to this Thaig of Al Judore. Now gather round and I shall tell you more of this place."

He waited until the duo had actually moved slightly closer before causing a puff of purple smoke and images to appear before them. The images looked like a smaller version of the city, but instead of being an empty husk, it was a hustle and bustle of activity.

"Al Judore was a crown jewel of Dwarven kind during the Age of Reclamation for those that knew of it. The dwarves had all been refugees from the time that Gargantu had terrorized the lands. Many of them had come from the Fallen Lands themselves, before they had been called that. Their original homes destroyed, they knew that they would make their home here in this mountain. With an active volcano, they would have plenty of magma to forge not only a great city, but also weapons, armor and artwork that would last many ages. They would be kept safe in this place, far from all the politicking that plagued other dwarven lands.

The goods that left this place were the envy of many other Lands, not just their own fellow dwarven ones. But, there was an issue that began to come about. The Volcano began to wane. It was soon to die out. And without the magma from the volcano, they would not be able to make their great crafts. Communing with the Gods, the Goddess Solareant of the Sun and Flames gave them an offer. Should they make regular sacrifices of Flesh and Blood, she would keep the Volcano active. The greedy among them did not hesitate and so the Ritual of Sacrifice had begun.

It went on for many years until the people had enough, sabotaging the Volcano flow as I'd previously said with the Giant Stone Golems and causing the civil war. In such a war, there could truly be no victors as brother fought brother and sister fought sister. And the survivors fled.

Since then, my sales in this place have become non existent. I'll probably close it soon and focus on my other shops. I hope that you've enjoyed my tale of this place and that you use that hammer well."

Helman gave a slight bow of his head.

"Yes. It was certainly an interesting story. I'll have to be especially careful around this place if there was a civil war. Who knows what sort of traps would still linger around for me to stumble into. But now I must be off. My window of exploration runs short. Thank you for the tale and the hammer."

CHOICE:
1. Investigate the large Red Ruby Statue at the center of the city
2. Enter the Dwarven Temple
3. Investigate the Barracks or Armory
4. Investigate the Pile of Clothing in the Bazaar​

The upsidedown dragon skull hovered; an unholy throne in darkness. Crimson fabric covered every inch of the seated figure; the cloth rippled and whispered away in a rhythm all its own. A crown made of writhing ghostly visages silently screamed, swirling and whirling around the hooded figure's head. Where a face should be, only a hollow of impenetrable black remained. The only semblance of life was the small purple winged thing upon the figure's shoulder.

She held her barbed tail in one hand, and with the other, she cupped it to a leaf-shaped ear. Bobble-head leaned into the void neath the cowl of the seated figure. Suddenly lavender eyes popped wide.

A twirl. A giggle. A deliciously wicked grin. A sweetened yet raspy dirge was her voice,
"Master has chosen... There is much to glean from their ways of accepting Flesh and Blood ..."

---

2. Enter the Dwarven Temple

---

The purple witch rolled her eyes at her confreres and said. "And you wonder why we have the reputation of being boring !" She signed in mock annoyance. "Fine, let's do something useful. The dwarf need a weapon." She stated. "We wouldn't want to waste that brand new hammer ! Do we ?" The witch said and casted her vote.

3. Investigate the Barracks or Armory

The Yellow Wizard rummaged in his deep pockets, pulling from them a pair of well used leather gloves. With only a minor struggle he slipped his hands into the tan hand guards.

Clenching his hands as if he too prepared himself for his own work, he cast his vote for the place most fitting Helman's hammer.

3. Investigate the Barracks or Armoury

Last edited:
The elf shakes their head. "Stay away from places of violence. I'd much rather look at the statue than test what restless dead may remain."

1. Investigate the large Red Ruby Statue at the center of the city

Shame this died, it was fun. I thought I missed a vote but turned out there was no update. I kept checking here for a while to see if there was anything new. Ah well I can at least get my vote in now. Got the motivation to, and well better late then never!

“A proud city that slaughtered itself at the slightest hint of decay. How disappointing.” The voice from the shadows spoke, hoarse and contemptuous. “Our champion is best served by good steel, to purge the horrors he shall face.”

3. Investigate the Barracks or Armoury

Users who are viewing this thread

Back