• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The FAYZ (reboot) (always open)

slim slim Couple quick questions!

I'm thinking of making a main character, but having a side play a part as well (the main's sibling - showing up in posts and interacting, but limited insight into thoughts). 1) Is that allowed? 2) Do I need to make two sheets, or just the one for my main?
This is completely up to you. The main character requires a sheet but for the side since its the sister and only will come around for certain instances I won't require a CS. Just describe her in a post (how she looks, acts, etc) so she's not some weird, unknown character coming in lol.
I'm also considering having both the main and side to be normal humans, but maybe developing abilities at some point down the road. Is that okay, and is there anything extra I should be aware of regarding that? I haven't read the books in years, so I may easily miss something.
I havent read the books in a while too so that's why the rp strays from the book a little so no worries. What I do remember about powers is that some don't show it until after the FAYZ so its possible for them to gain them once triggered by an event. So, they can belive theyre human and then have a brush with death and typical powers showing to save them scenario happens.

Regarding appearances... Are written descriptions okay, or strictly photographs? I could probably find a photo if necessary, but I prefer written descriptions myself.
I really prefer photos over anything but if you can't find anything then I'll allow a written description. You can even throw in a picture and then also a written description like some people tend to do.
Plot-wise, where is this happening in relation to the books? I think I made it about halfway through the third or fourth, so I may need some catching up if those events are canon.
Also, are there any significant recent events we should be aware of in writing bios and starter posts? Large meetings, extra-significant conflicts, shortages, etc?
I'm still thinking about this myself, lol. Basically, the roleplay will be operating in episodes, so episode one will be like "ok this is the setting, the poof happened, how is your character reacting?" I will be nudging Coates Academy kids into Paradiso Beach as well in the first episode or the second so then there will be tensions, and basically just nudging certain events into play that go along with the book. Some events from the book wont happen, so I would probably stop using events from around the fourth book or even before that and go down my own path since I'm aware with this group of OC's, new events will resurface and deviate from the book's plot. This is where I will be creating non-canon events.

slim slim Couple quick questions!

I'm thinking of making a main character, but having a side play a part as well (the main's sibling - showing up in posts and interacting, but limited insight into thoughts). 1) Is that allowed? 2) Do I need to make two sheets, or just the one for my main?
I'm also considering having both the main and side to be normal humans, but maybe developing abilities at some point down the road. Is that okay, and is there anything extra I should be aware of regarding that? I haven't read the books in years, so I may easily miss something.
Regarding appearances... Are written descriptions okay, or strictly photographs? I could probably find a photo if necessary, but I prefer written descriptions myself.

Plot-wise, where is this happening in relation to the books? I think I made it about halfway through the third or fourth, so I may need some catching up if those events are canon.
Also, are there any significant recent events we should be aware of in writing bios and starter posts? Large meetings, extra-significant conflicts, shortages, etc?
According to slim, its just after everyone poofed. The people 18 and above mind u

Alright, I've been brainstorming about a character today and am about to begin filling out the sheet. I will look for a photograph as you requested, but I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with any faceclaim sources. Do you have any suggestions for where to find pictures that actually look like normal people, but aren't like ripped off a social media page or something? (x

Alright, I've been brainstorming about a character today and am about to begin filling out the sheet. I will look for a photograph as you requested, but I'm afraid I'm not really familiar with any faceclaim sources. Do you have any suggestions for where to find pictures that actually look like normal people, but aren't like ripped off a social media page or something? (x

I also have a similar request! I'm 90% sure I know what i want to do for my characters, but finding faceclaims is hard af

I also have a similar request! I'm 90% sure I know what i want to do for my characters, but finding faceclaims is hard af
Pinterest is the best place honestly. You just look up models and specific traits and if you click one it’ll give you a bunch of other suggestions of similar models and it’s great. I use it for my realistic role plays as well as fantasy because it has great art of characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back