• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The FAYZ (reboot) (always open)

slim

destroyer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
THE FAYZ
scroll down

enter at your own risk.

The setting is a small coastal town in California called Paridiso Beach and many years ago there was a problem with the nuclear plant. Some say a meteor hit the nuclear plant many years back and waste got out but the officials said they fixed it and all that so it was forgotten. Many years later (present time) our characters wake up and find out everyone over 18 is gone and there's is a giant opaque wall that entirely surrounds the town of Paridiso Beach and some of the surrounding area around it. Kids start showing abilities, animals mutate, "disturbed" kids from a reform school a few miles away from the town start playing a power game with the Paridisians and so on. The bigger threat is the creature that formed from the nuclear waste and is using kids from the reform school, Coates Academy, to influence others to enact its will and a few others.
This creature, referred to as "It" has been trying to gain strength to free itself from the deep hole its contained in ever since it first "awoke" from the meteor and nuclear waste it was exposed to. However, when it gave out the smallest hint of rearing it's head, a 5-year-old autistic boy named Petey who gained powers as well as other children unknowingly in the town actually created the giant unsurpassable bubble to keep it in and the adults were removed. No one knows why since Petey can't communicate but some starting thinking it was because the kids were the ones who showed abilities and therefore might be able to stop the creature before it has the power to free itself and destroy the world.

Abilities in this rp are based on "bars," a system that came into place in the FAYZ. The highest bar one can have is a 5 and the only person who has it is Petey. 4 bars come next and only two people have it, the leaders of Coates and the town. 3 bars can have a variety of abilities as well and I will make a list. There is only one 2 bar and their ability is reading others bar level with a touch. 1 bars are regular humans. No two characters can share the same ability.

There will be a lot of deaths so make sure you notify me if you want your character to stay alive in the CS. You can make a short CS for characters intended to die so it's interesting and I will creat OC NPS as well.
The rp will progress in episodes and there will be major events that happen as well that may affect certain characters in ways you may not like but I will certainly be all ears if you want something changed.

If I see this roleplay has a serious group I will be throwing lots and lots of details to make it as immersive as possible. It is based on an amazing series so please check it out!

This rp has a lot of events that will make it quite interesting and hopefully it can get started soon!

Feel free to ask any questions but I have rebooted this roleplay so many times and have it ruined by certain people with really...weird ideas so if my replies are mostly "no" and you can feel my annoyance I apologize in advance but I want this roleplay to be successful for once, lol.

The setting is a small coastal town in California called Paridiso Beach and many years ago there was a problem with the nuclear plant. Some say a meteor hit the nuclear plant many years back and waste got out but the officials said they fixed it and all that so it was forgotten. Many years later (present time) our characters wake up and find out everyone over 18 is gone and there's is a giant opaque wall that entirely surrounds the town of Paridiso Beach and some of the surrounding area around it. Kids start showing abilities, animals mutate, "disturbed" kids from a reform school a few miles away from the town start playing a power game with the Paridisians and so on. The bigger threat is the creature that formed from the nuclear waste and is using kids from the reform school, Coates Academy, to influence others to enact its will and a few others.
This creature, referred to as "It" has been trying to gain strength to free itself from the deep hole its contained in ever since it first "awoke" from the meteor and nuclear waste it was exposed to. However, when it gave out the smallest hint of rearing it's head, a 5-year-old autistic boy named Petey who gained powers as well as other children unknowingly in the town actually created the giant unsurpassable bubble to keep it in and the adults were removed. No one knows why since Petey can't communicate but some starting thinking it was because the kids were the ones who showed abilities and therefore might be able to stop the creature before it has the power to free itself and destroy the world.

Abilities in this rp are based on "bars," a system that came into place in the FAYZ. The highest bar one can have is a 5 and the only person who has it is Petey. 4 bars come next and only two people have it, the leaders of Coates and the town. 3 bars can have a variety of abilities as well and I will make a list. There is only one 2 bar and their ability is reading others bar level with a touch. 1 bars are regular humans. No two characters can share the same ability.

There will be a lot of deaths so make sure you notify me if you want your character to stay alive in the CS. You can make a short CS for characters intended to die so it's interesting and I will creat OC NPS as well.
The rp will progress in episodes and there will be major events that happen as well that may affect certain characters in ways you may not like but I will certainly be all ears if you want something changed.

If I see this roleplay has a serious group I will be throwing lots and lots of details to make it as immersive as possible. It is based on an amazing series so please check it out!

This rp has a lot of events that will make it quite interesting and hopefully it can get started soon!

Feel free to ask any questions but I have rebooted this roleplay so many times and have it ruined by certain people with really...weird ideas so if my replies are mostly "no" and you can feel my annoyance I apologize in advance but I want this roleplay to be successful for once, lol.

Tentative interest from me. It's been a long time since I've read these books, but I remember them being pretty interesting. I'll wait and see what happens for a bit, but I might be visiting. May I ask some questions first?

I second the above; will this be canon, OC, or mixed? Also, will normal old one-bars or two be alright, or do you plan on this being a little more powerful?
I recall the books being pretty dark, involving death and adult themes with children. How do you plan on dealing with sensitive content/ what limits, if any, will be set?

I have actually not been able to find the other books beside the first one.

Interested! Though I will admit I don't know anything about the books, assuming because it's not in Fandom there's a chance I may understand stuff without knowing canon? Either way I'm interested if you'll accept someone without canon/book knowledge. Also now I have a new book series/book I want to read so either way thanks.

Interested! Though I will admit I don't know anything about the books, assuming because it's not in Fandom there's a chance I may understand stuff without knowing canon? Either way I'm interested if you'll accept someone without canon/book knowledge. Also now I have a new book series/book I want to read so either way thanks.
Tentative interest from me. It's been a long time since I've read these books, but I remember them being pretty interesting. I'll wait and see what happens for a bit, but I might be visiting. May I ask some questions first?

I second the above; will this be canon, OC, or mixed? Also, will normal old one-bars or two be alright, or do you plan on this being a little more powerful?

Is this full of OC or are there Canon characters in there.
So the first time I attempted doing this roleplay I tried to base it around the book too much and got frustrated when things didn't go like the book. So now I think the best plan of action is keeping the main goal, to defeat the monster but keep the setting free for your characters to kind of stray from the main plot. Basically, you are completely free to make OC's, I encouraged it the first time and will continue to do so. You don't need knowledge of the book since this will be different from the events that happened due to the mixture of OC's and of course, roleplaying style and your own ideas that may evolve this roleplay into something completely different. I will include details from the book like the animal mutations, locations, problems the characters faced (like hunger), etc. As for the question about one and two bars, I will keep one bars as complete humans since humans do still exist in this world and everyone running around with powers is rather boring. I fully expect everyone to be powered since it's more interesting, so I will make human NPC's to balance it out. As for two bars, I will allow them to have abilities outside of reading others. Of course, they can't be very powerful but that's to be expected.

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 this is my interest check but you don't like playing teen characters so If you want to join I can make u some weird anomaly so ur like a 35 year old man or whatever char u want among children lmao

shadowz1995 shadowz1995 this is my interest check but you don't like playing teen characters so If you want to join I can make u some weird anomaly so ur like a 35 year old man or whatever char u want among children lmao
Hahahaha okay um, Im sure I can come up with something.

The oldest they can be is 18 yeah? I think Ill recreate raspy boi but younger lol

heck I guess we do have enough people to generate a cs. I’ll get to it when I’m off work

I'm somewhat interested!
Would it be alright to have a character intended to die as a secondary character to one intended to survive the game? You said something along those lines in the intro; I just wanted to make sure.

I'm somewhat interested!
Would it be alright to have a character intended to die as a secondary character to one intended to survive the game? You said something along those lines in the intro; I just wanted to make sure.
Yep, that’s completely fine.

So I'm a bit confused about the different power levels. Is there a difference between what abilities a 2 bar can have and what a 3 bar can? And just how strong is a 4 bar?

So I'm a bit confused about the different power levels. Is there a difference between what abilities a 2 bar can have and what a 3 bar can? And just how strong is a 4 bar?
I will be going over it in detail once I get the lore done with but for now there is a difference. It’s just rating scale so there’s are differences between bars with 5 being the strongest and 1 being the weakest. I’ll provide examples and all that but that’s the overall idea.

Very interested!

Hopefully the fact that I have yet to finish the series won't hinder me in the roleplay.
Its such a good series and I stil love it. The character sheet is up but I need to finish the lore and whatnot before characters can get started but I’ll be done with that soon

Ok so Lore is up, you're free to make characters :)))

slim slim Couple quick questions!

I'm thinking of making a main character, but having a side play a part as well (the main's sibling - showing up in posts and interacting, but limited insight into thoughts). 1) Is that allowed? 2) Do I need to make two sheets, or just the one for my main?
I'm also considering having both the main and side to be normal humans, but maybe developing abilities at some point down the road. Is that okay, and is there anything extra I should be aware of regarding that? I haven't read the books in years, so I may easily miss something.
Regarding appearances... Are written descriptions okay, or strictly photographs? I could probably find a photo if necessary, but I prefer written descriptions myself.

Plot-wise, where is this happening in relation to the books? I think I made it about halfway through the third or fourth, so I may need some catching up if those events are canon.
Also, are there any significant recent events we should be aware of in writing bios and starter posts? Large meetings, extra-significant conflicts, shortages, etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back