• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fated Ones [REBOOT][IC][CLOSED]

Raku

Four Thousand Club

The day began as any other in Havendale. It was rather foggy in the early hours of the morning, but the fog soon lifted to expose sunny, clear skies. Armac had taken to an early hunt, but came up empty handed after a few hours of stalking in the forest around his home. It was the second day in a row he came home without any hunt. It confused him more than it did concern him. Why was game so scarce in the last couple of days? Were they migrating? It was hardly likely, but still a possibility. Was something spooking them out of the area? He could only theorize at the moment.

He ventured down into town for something to eat. He found a meal at the tavern. The bartender had recognized him as did Armac. It was an old friend he served besides in the Royal Army. The man had lost an eye, therefor he was released on similar terms as Armac. They struck up a conversation and caught up for some time before Armac said farewell and left. The next place he found himself was near the town's guards' barracks. He often went there to tell the younger soldiers war stories, and today was no different.

Today it was a tale of the Battle of Amsburg Forest. It was a rather well known fight between the Kingdom of Xaria and the Kingdom of Tarmi. The battle itself took 3 weeks to conclude. The reason why it was so well known was because of the feats of Xarian archers, one of them being Armac. Rangers were sent ahead of the rest of the Royal Army to not only scout, but prepare positions to ambush their enemy. Unfortunately, the Tarmian military advanced earlier than Xaria had anticipated. The archers made it to their positions, but to there dismay, the rest of the Royal Army was not notified about the Tarmian advance. For three days, around 150 rangers held the Tarmian front of 1000 strong to a stalemate by using stealth and surprise to their advantage. The Tarmian side of the story was different however. Any soldiers that survived till the end of the battle claimed that they were attacked by the forest itself. It was a great day for Xaria, and it was a story Armac loved to tell.

Links
OoC - The Fated Ones [REBOOT][OOC][CLOSED]

CS - The Fated Ones [REBOOT][CS][CLOSED]

Sir Alexander Löwe
The day was like any other. Rising at dawn, completing his rigorous military stand-to, before breakfast and a continuation of exercises within the barracks grounds. By late morning, he'd polished his weapons and equipment, repaired the buckles on his armour and washed himself down in the freezing waters of the baths. Wearing only his gambeson, a dark navy piece of attire which reached mid-thigh, and breeches in addition to big hobnail boots, Alexander's frame was a dark shadow of intimidation. Hair still damp from his in-keeping with hygiene, the knight had dragged it back into a low pony-tail with a leather strip. Inevitably, pieces of locks falling forward to cup his jaw and cheekbones in a gracious frame of his blond mane.

Alexander had been moved from one barracks to another and thrown amongst the rabble of city guards and plain soldiers; which was better than paying for a tavern. It had everything one would need and the knight wasn't so bothered about rubbing shoulders with commoners. In fact, it was quite pleasant, for most of them seemed to have a wicked sense of humour and knowledge of how to have a good night out. He freely admitted that perhaps he wasn't as faithful to religion as others in his family had been, indulging in alcohol and women more than once. But since when had that determined a man's capability to fight? An occasional lapse of airs and graces was good for the soul.

Rubbing a bare, calloused palm over his thick, unshaven stubble caused a unique brushing sound against the rough skin, till he itched his cheek and stared down at the parchment scrunched in his fist. Smoothing it out against his chest before folding the paper up, and shoving it into the pouch on the back of his belt with an expression somewhere between irritation and relief. "Bloody arses." He uttered, practically spitting the cuss; throwing aside the filthy words meant for ears that were a long while away by the time he'd received the message.

With a long, self-asserted stride, he made his way over toward the more sociable area of the garrison. Getting himself one of the ales which had little alcohol content - brewed only to make it safe for drinking, and weak enough to stop the men from keeling over on duty. It just meant soldiers were damn hard to beat in a drinking match. Alex was among them on that front. Listening in on the stories being swapped back and forth, Löwe let out a rough bark of laughter. "Half of these are exaggerated, the other half are rumours. What have I told you wee babbies about glorifying war? You'll shit yourselves the moment you're up on that field." Holding his tankard in one hand, the other in his pocket, Alex took a long sip. "Mm, you, stranger - aren't helping this lot be heroes. More like idiots, desiring things they ain't seen." His comments were somewhere between jovial camaraderie and venomous warnings. He didn't like writing letters home, he didn't like sending messengers home because their families were only illiterate peasants; he didn't like how the scent of rotting flesh and it's moulded touch slipped through his fingers and burst when you prodded their bloating corpses for identification.

"Aye, you missed your chance to marry a sweet gal, half of you. Half of you got people to support. For the former bunch, you marry that bleedin' minx before she makes your life hell." He aimed a half-grin, of straight, pearly white teeth, knocking back the rest of his beverage.

Asha Craven
As the sun rose over the city, a man lay on his bed, peacefully sleeping on his elegant bed in his lavish room. Well, he looks asleep at first glance yet, upon closer inspection, one would see that this man would sleep til eternity, his eyes never to open again. Whether it's his face as pale as death or the bloody gash on his neck, there's no doubt that the man would indeed never wake up from his sleep. On the man's still chest lay a single feather, a crow's feather to be exact, a memento left by the perpetrator.

On the other side of a city, a woman dressed in black exited from an abandoned building, a coin purse filled with gold coins in her hand as she left the premises. A grin present on her face as she hid the purse in her satchel, giddy about the gold she's earned. A big reward for a relatively easy kill. Who knew a bitter rival would pay well to kill a wealthy merchant who just so happens to be bedding the wife of said rival?

Best of all, she even nabbed herself a bonus in form of a pretty locket, a trinket stripped straight from the corpse of the adulterous wife. It was a beautiful little thing made of pure silver embedded with little diamonds, making it quite a beauty to look at. It was a good thing that the bitter man included the adulterous woman in the hit list. It'd be a shame to leave such a beautiful thing on a slutty wench who can't keep her legs closed.

As the sun shone brighter in the sky, Asha moved from the shadier part of the city towards the part worth visiting. While the shady part has a nice atmosphere, it has nothing nice to offer her other than dangerous substances and even more dangerous wenches. Besides, her stomach was grumbling and looking for something to eat. So lest it starts devouring itself, Asha looked for something good to eat.

Asha passed by the barracks on the way to getting good food. She saw a man, presumably the commander of the barracks, going a tirade on the soldiers about the war and glorifying it and marrying women and something something make your life hell. Asha instinctively tuned it out and made her presence thinner as she passed by. While there's no way in hell some greenhorn soldiers in this backwater city even hope to catch her, there's no need to flaunt herself needlessly. Besides, she was really getting hungry.

"Give me a breakfast for two for a girl of one barkeep!" Asha called out as she entered her favorite tavern. The food's good and the ale's better, there's nothing more that she could ask for. Asha generously placed a single gold coin at the counter, way more than the price for a breakfast. "Keep the rest, I'm in a good mood today." She said with a wink as she headed towards the nearest table, still admiring the locket in her hand.

Mentioned: idalie idalie

LUCY WHITE
As the morning sun began to rise a lone figure wrapped in a cloak stumbled her way through one of the towns alleyways. A hand darted out from beneath their cloak to steady themselves against a nearby wall `as the figure began to sway, before finally crashing down onto the stone road. The figure remained there, unmoving and seemingly unbreathing as the sun continued to rise. A small amount of time had passes before a man armed with a small dagger slowly made his way over to the body. He appeared to be very cautious as he slowly reached out and peeled the cloak away from the body, revealing the face of a youngish girl with brown hair. As he removed more of the cloak his eyes lit up as he saw the coin pouch tied to her belt. He hastily began to untie the pouch from the body before pouring it's contents out into his hands. He began to laugh at his good fortune as he turned around and began to count out the coins. It was too bad that he decided to turn around, or else he might have noticed his victim slowly getting up from her prone position. Or the axe head that came crushing down on the back of his skull.

Lucy sighed as she wiped the blood off of her axe on the guys clothes. After a night of fun and drink Lucy was feeling the effects of her hangover pounding on the inside of her skull. So when she decided to take a walk to get some air it wasn't really that surprising that this guy thought that she would be an easy target. She really didn't want to go through the trouble of explaining to the guards why she had to kill that guy so she lured him though one of the town's shadier alleyways before doing him in. She collected her coins back from the man as well taking his knife and adding his measly amount of coins to her own before she set off in the direction of the tavern.

It was her turn to go into town to purchase the list of supplies that her father had provided. She wasn't expected back for two more days so she decided to have some fun before she had to return. The walk back to the tavern was more peaceful than she thought it would be, mostly due to the fact that her axes were now on full display after she had ditched her cloak. The local street rat population was made up mostly of weak cowards who couldn't fight their way out of a cloth sack if need be, so any sign of experience usually kept them away. Well except for the really desperate ones, but they usually were caught or killed before they could cause any real damage.

The comforting smell of ale and bread assaulted Lucy's nose as she entered the tavern. She usually frequented this place when it was her turn for supplies and as such always made sure to get a room when she could. She strolled up to the counter and placed a few copper coins on the counter from her purse. "Give me some bread and stew, and add a cup of ale while you're at it." After the man at the counter took her coins Lucy turned and took a seat at one of the empty tables. Kicking her feet up onto the table she looked around before her eyes zeroed in onto a rather good looking locket in the hands of a woman dressed in black. "That's a nice looking locket. A gift from your lover?" she asked.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse

Asha Craven
Asha looked up as her admiration of her newest acquisition was interuppted by a girl’s voice. Asha raised her head to look at the girl, her head tilted a little bit to the side. The girl was no one exceptional, better than average but no one she recognizes at a glance. So, this girl is no one she needs to be wary of, otherwise she’d surely recognize the girl. Though, despite being no one spectacular, the girl’s no one to scoff at to. Being an assassin for most of her life, Asha can recognize those who has killed, and this girl definitely has. So, this girl is no big threat to her but she’d at least be able to last longer than most. Well, there’s no harm in being nice, especially since she was getting bored.

“Well, you can say that.” She said with a soft, husky chuckle. She’s not lying, not entirely. It did come from a lover, just no hers. “It’s beautiful isn’t it? The silver and diamonds have a nice shine to it, it’s beautifully made as well.” She said with a grin as she closed her hand over the locket. “Oh my, how could I forget my manners. My name is Asha, Asha Craven. It is a pleasure to meet such a beautiful girl as yourself.” She said with a smile, offering the girl her hand. The one without the locket of course. As for Asha offering her name, it didn’t matter to her, not really. How stupid would it be to use her real name when doing jobs as an assassin? So this girl would be none the wiser even if she told the girl her name.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Last edited:
Olivia Mason

A young woman, with eyes of the most vibrant shades of blue, sat upon a hard wooden bench, her trousers soaking up the damp morning dew as she watched the sunrise. It wasn't long before the darkness surrendered to the light. A gloved hand stretched towards the sky. 'Under the sun, we are all the same,' she thought, and she let the soft amber glow of the sun pour through her fingers and onto her upturned face. The sun itself had barely risen, and the town had the subdued quiet of dawn. Not many people took the time of day to savour the persimmon sky or the rays that radiated from the golden orb as pretty as any fresco.

Lowering her hand, Olivia turned her gaze towards the cane that rested on her lap. Her fingers ghosted over the finely carved wood, tracing the golden vines that encircled its handle in an almost gentle manner. Firmly grasping the hilt, she stood up from her seat, using the stave as a means of support as she did so. With a slight stagger to her steps, a faint limp to her her strides, the farmhand slowly made her way back to the inn she had been staying at these past few days, just as the streets began to flood with people once more as the day officially began.

Sir Alexander Löwe
Before he had much of a chance to sit himself down, one of the younger guards clad in dull steel approached. "Sir Löwe? The butchers are at each other's throats again. Something about poisoning or sabotage. Although they're holding cleavers. Which - y'know - you sorted them out last." Sucking the air through his teeth awkwardly, the armoured boy beamed; only for Alexander to turn towards him with a deadpan expression. "It's my day off. Just go up, knock the sods out and drag them back inside to their wives."
"W-Well- you see - we tried - and -" The guard gave a heavy sigh. "Beauford lost a few fingers. Couple really." Alex, somewhat unsure whether to laugh or seem concerned, slowly nodded. "So you're saying that as a trained guard of the realm, you're inept and need me - a Knight of the King - to sort it out." His brow arched extravagantly.
And the guard only shrugged in response. "I mean, it'd be helpful. The captains busy with reports from the slum."
"I think you mean the whores," Alexander muttered, clearing his throat. "Alright, but this doesn't go without payment. Guess who earned themselves the joy of my tab?" The young 'uns face paled. "You're not serious! Come on, Sir, all I'm askin' is-"
"Fine, I'll say half." The Knight shot back in wake of the guard acknowledging the fact Alexander was quite the drinker. Especially on the weekends. Perhaps not the best thing to be known for, but as a military man you didn't cry, you didn't talk; you drank.

Coming to an agreement, Alexander set out. The last time he'd faced the butcher's infighting, he'd been in armour. And a frightening thing that was. Now equipped only with his family blade and gambeson, Löwe was out to confront big men with big knives. Brilliant. He really did have lady luck on his side. Through the cobbled streets, following in the footsteps of his younger associate, it wasn't hard to locate the conflict. One bleeding from a nasty gash on the cheek, the other with a bad cut across his bicep. And on the floor - two fingers rolled. One index, the other half of a middle. Beaufords - he only hoped it hadn't been the fellow's sword hand.

"Alright! ALRIGHT - Enough of this!" Alexander bellowed, shouldering his way through the crowd of onlookers. Squaring himself up, Alexander scoldingly glared at each man. "Second time in a week-" Halfway through is lecture, both butchers shared a glance. Waltzing up without so much of a word to uppercut the Knight, pulling a fist into the side of his face and nose. That'd be a bruise. Letting himself drop he dove past the two of them and spent the next ten minutes pummeling them or trying to hand out life advice. In the end, it was happy enough; delivering two unconscious husbands to their wives. If not for Alex's split lip and bruised cheek he'd call it a success.

Over and done with, he made a small stumble down the street, wandering into the nearest tavern for some relief. It was there, he collapsed into a stool in front of the bar, resting his palm on the counter. "The strongest ale you have. I don't care what it is, but if you water it down-" The threat lingered, wiping at the crimson droplets which had begun swelling on the open cut on his mouth. "And a cold flannel wouldn't hurt if you could spare it." He glanced back for barely a second to survey his surroundings. Not the usual haunts he frequented. Boy - he didn't even know what the place was called. Not the best move on his part, but anything to dull the throbbing ache of his unfortunate injuries was more important. Snatching up the tankard as soon as it hit the wood.

Raku Raku CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Ineptitude Ineptitude

The younger guardsmen appeared intrigued by Armac's tale of the Battle of Amsburg Forest. Their wide-eyed expression towards the end of his story told him that they hadn't heard of it, or that they were amazed to have met one of the archers that fought in it. One of them, a long, blonde haired boy, spoke first. "Wait, you are actually one of the archers that served during that battle?" he asked, clearly in disbelief. Armac chuckled. "Indeed I am" he replied. The two boys looked at each other, still boasting the same wide eyes. The blonde guard blinked a few times in surprise. "It-It's an honor, sir. My father spoke of you archers as kin to legends" the boy spoke, but before Armac could respond, the other guard piped in. "Hold. If you are a ranger for the Royal Army, why are you here and not in your garrison?" the other asked. Armac promptly rose his hand. "This is why. My finger had been dismembered by a blade not too long ago. My commander felt it would hinder the effectiveness of I and of the entire troop, so I was released. I personally feel it was an act of pure idiocy. The injury has little impact on my performance. His loss I suppose" Armac said.

His attention was then pulled by shouts. He turned his head towards the yelling. His eyes fell upon the sources. Two butchers, armed with cleavers, bickering about sabotage of the others business. They had already lashed at each other a few times. Armac shook his head in disappointment. They were clients of his. He'd prefer they fight with their offers, not their utensils. He turned back to face the two guardsmen. "Well, this is where I say farewell. I can't let business slip as I watch" he told the two. They nodded and waved goodbye as he walked towards the brawl. As he approached the fight, he noticed another armored guard escorting a man to the butchers. The man was rather large. He surely towered over Armac and at least had 50 pounds on him as well. Armac slowed down to a halt to see what this man would do. He was surprised to see the man engage the two butchers, eventually knocking both unconscious, but not without wounds of his own. They were hardly anything. A cut lip and a darkened cheek was all. Saved Armac the hustle. Although the man hadn't directly done anything for him, Armac felt the need to thank him for keeping those butchers alive. They were two buyers he wouldn't have to loose.

He followed the man to the tavern he had fled to, clearly looking for something to relieve the pain of his wounds. His order was no surprise. Armac took the seat next to the man. He waved to his friend that attended the bar and fetched the man his ale, signaling that he didn't need anything himself. "Thanks for that" he told the man, turning his head to look at him. Armac placed his hands on the counter and crossed them. Getting a closer look at the man, he could determine that he was a knight. The gambeson along with the sword were his clues. He mustn't have been local however, as he would certainly be in armor. Possibly he was a man of the military.

idalie idalie

Sir Alexander Löwe
As the stool creaked beside him under the weight of another man, Alex turned his gaze to seek who it was. Tankard grasped tight in his hand, momentarily tipping his head up and damn near emptying the wooden mug - wincing partially as it touched his tender lip. Only when putting it down, did the Knight twist to face Armac. "Nothing to thank." He remarked, shrugging in question. Although his eyes narrowed in recognition. "You're that archer boy - putting stories in heads. Shouldn't get them excited. I already had a go at you for it." Alexander remarked with a scolding air to his words.

He'd always despised stories; not the ones with Red Riding Hood, but the ones that told boys it was better to die in battle than living a happily ever after. He'd never had much of a choice, with his position holding far more than a tradition but honour to the family name. Of course, there were those who thirsted for it. Knowing bloodlust as an old friend, and sweet lover - but it'd been a complicated relationship where Alex was concerned. When he began fighting, there was no stopping it. Yet one lost so much soul doing the work of war, in the name of a thousand things. Gods, Kings, Men. As if they had them under their fingers as beasts. And even beasts were more loyal and upstanding than men.

If there was nothing left to fight for, what did you fight for? It buzzed in his skull, knocking from one side to another as he tried wrenching answers. All that remained was faith. Without that he'd of hung himself from the stable rafters a long time ago.

As the flannel hit the side, cold and damp, Löwe nodded his thanks, taking it up to press against the hot, swelling bruise on his cheekbone. "My thanks." He commented, using the cloth to dab his lip with a slight wince. Only then, did the Knight return his attention back to the archer. Holding out one large, roughened palm. Covered in nicks and scratches from fighting, gathered over time. Nails trimmed short and surprisingly clean for a fighter. "Names Alexander Löwe, Knight of the realm. Or so they tell me. Pleasures mine, -" He motioned for the rangers name.

Raku Raku

LUCY WHITE

"Asha huh? Name's Lucy, and sorry but you're not my type. I like my women with a bit more weight on their chests." Lucy took her hands and made a pushing up motion in front of her own chest, ignoring Asha's outstretched hand. Although she was a bit lacking in certain departments according to Lucy, there was no mistaking that she was interesting. She stood out like a sore thumb wearing all black, although she had never seen the girl before strangely enough. The girl had a certain air about her that she couldn't quite place, although something that she could place was that this woman was dangerous. She reminded Lucy of a flytrap, enticing wandering flies in and killing them before they could realize their impending doom. She would have to keep an eye on this woman, that was for sure.

A loaf of bread and stew were set on the side of Lucy's table along with a flagon of ale as she took her feet off of the table. Grabbing the loaf of bread she tore a large portion of it off and devoured it, then washed it down with a large drink of ale. Her eyes then focused onto Asha's hand which held that beautiful looking locket. "So what brings you to a tavern like this? With a lover rich enough to give you that locket wouldn't you be enjoying a fine glass of wine in his manor?"

Asha Craven
Asha raised her eyebrows at Lucy's words. Apparently, the woman thought that Asha had been flirting with her. 'Well, it's fine. She's not bad looking and I'm in a good mood today, so a little flirting won't do me any harm.' Asha thought to herself as a suggestive smile appeared on her face. "Well, maybe I'm just the type who looks small with her clothes on. You never know." Asha said in a husky voice, winking naughtily at Lucy.

Asha's no stranger to flirtation and seduction, it comes with the job really. As an assassin and a thief, Asha's willing to use every tool she has in her arsenal, and she has long since proven that men, and some women, tended to be stupider and more gullible when a beautiful lady such as herself is seducing them. Then, depending on the job, a clean slice here or a quick swipe there and the job is done.

Asha nodded her thanks to the server as her own two portions arrived at the table. "Well, my lover, as you refer to him, has a prior engagement he had to attend to and won't be returning for a very long time." Asha said with a soft smile as she took a bite out of her meal, albeit more slowly and properly than Lucy. "And as for the tavern, let's just say that I like the ambience. What about you, what's a girl like you doing in a place like this?" She said, slipping the necklace onto her neck as she continued eating.

Armac internally winced at the man's remarks, but his expression did not change from a blank one. Armac was hardly a boy. He had left boyhood years ago. Secondly, the man called his tales "stories". He would go on to give the man a lengthy lecture on how his "stories" were whole history lessons on their own, but he held back the urge. At least the man made himself seem somewhat humble by turning down Armac's thanks. He shifted his attention to the eye-patched barkeep as he handed him a flannel for his cheek. Armac took the moment to analyze the man a tad further. His hands were scarred and callused, an indicator that he has seen his fair share of work and combat, but his nails were trimmed well. Odd for a warrior. Next was his sword and gambeson. They didn't appear to be of standard issue. They looked unique, possibly his family's. The man had to have been a knight.

The man had then turned his attention back to Armac, holding out one hand and introduced himself as Alexander Löwe, a knight of the realm. His hands were considerably larger than Armac's, but only a bit more battle-worn. Armac extended his four and a half fingered hand to grasp Alex's firmly. "Armac Ormon, former Archer of the realm" he said. Oh how he hated saying that, "former". If it were up to him, he'd still be in service, not sitting here in this tavern. He couldn't complain too much however. At least he was speaking with a man that could relate to the things he spoke of.
idalie idalie

LUCY WHITE

"
Well maybe you should come to my room later and I can see if that's true or not." Despite the obvious invitation to her room Lucy probably wouldn't follow through on that offer. "If only I didn't have this feeling about her, then I would rock her world" Taking another sip of her ale she stretched her arms behind her back until they cracked before answering Asha's question. "As for me, well It's my turn to purchase supplies for my family. We live in a small cabin a bit out east. Usually we produce everything we need but then some fuckwit bandits tried to raid us. We killed a few of them and drove the rest off, but not before they hit our food storage. Lost almost our entire storage so we needed to buy some more." Of course Lucy wasn't about to tell her where her family actually lived, nor was she about to mention how they were technically bandits, but what she didn't know wouldn't come back to haunt her later.

Lucy took the spoon that the server had left her and began to eat her stew. "Now that I think about it, she said that her lover would be gone for a long time. And the way she was admiring that locket, and the fact that she's wearing all black......" she paused for a few seconds before her mind came to a shocking conclusion "she's a black widow!" Her father had explained what a black widow was when he had a run in with one in his early days. They were people who married into wealth who then killed their lovers and made it look like an accident to gain their wealth. "Okay yeah, definitely dodged an arrow on this one." She thought as she became more tense.

Asha Craven
Asha chuckled upon hearing Lucy’s words. “Well.” Asha said in a tone that sounds like seductive purring. “Seeing as my, ah, lover’s not home right now, I may just take you up on your offer.” Asha said, seductively batting her eyelashes at Lucy and biting her lower lip softly. Though Asha is just playing around with the girl, she may do just as she says. The girl is certainly pretty, and besides, Asha’s not opposed to a bit of carnal delight every now and then. Though, to be honest, most of the people she’s slept with are also killed by her after a while.

Asha just smiled as she listened to Lucy talk. “My, you and your family must certainly be strong then.” Asha said, a hint of praise in her voice. Whether it’s genuine or mocking remains to be seen. “To be able to kill and repel a band of them is no easy feat, color me impressed. I must say that I am interested in how you manage to do it, are you perhaps a soldier? Maybe someone in your family is?” Asha said a bit teasingly. To be honest, Asha doesn’t really care about that, but a few small talk tend to lower a person’s guard. Though, it would seem that it wasn’t working. Asha could see it in Lucy’s eyes, she was uneasy and perhaps even afraid. Asha recognizes that look, she’s seen it in the eyes of her targets. Maybe Lucy’s realized something was off? Is it possible that Lucy knows, or at leasts suspects, what she is? Well, no matter. Asha would let it be, who knows, it may lead to some interesting events?

Olivia Mason
It wasn't long before Olivia's eyes caught sight of a familiar building emerge from the horizon, eliciting a soft smile to form on her lips. Hurrying her pace, she pushed open the structure's wooden doors, revealing it's interior for all to see. The strong smell of liquor and freshly cooked food assaulted her senses the second she stepped foot into the establishment, a comforting scent she had grown accustomed to during her stay in Havendale. The Twin Crew was an inn near the entrance of town, and was riddled daily with travelers much like Olivia herself. Today was not an exception, as the hostelry was bustling with all sorts of people from all walks of life conversing, eating and drinking with one another as though they had known each other for a long, long time.

"Well, if it isn't Olivia Mason." A smooth, velvety voice rose above the clamor as one of the barmaids casually approached the young farmhand, balancing an impressive number of tankards and platters on both hands. "Let me guess, you've been admiring the sunrise again, haven't you?" She asked, wearing a teasing grin.

"It wouldn't be the first time, Roberta." The aforementioned ducked her head at the attention, spying shyly at the older woman from under thick eyelashes as a bashful smile tugged at her lips.

"I thought I told you to call me Bobbi." The now-named Bobbi scowled at the mention of her full name, though aside from mild annoyance there wasn't any actual malice in the act. "Honestly, Roberta makes me sound like an old woman." She scoffed at the mere thought, before beaming brightly at the petite female. "So, are you looking to get some breakfast?" She inquired, sounding almost hopeful in the way she spoke.

Olivia nodded faintly in agreement, taking a seat at a small, empty table as Bobbi disappeared into the crowd, saying that she'd be back with her order in due time. Leaning back into her seat, she allowed for her vibrant blue eyes to roam across the inn's interior and its inhabitants. This wasn't exactly your normal kind of establishment, if you couldn't already tell. There were men and women chatting back and forth at a mile a minute to anyone within speaking distance with no regard to the class or wealth of the others. It was almost eerie. At these tables, it was as if labels were stripped away and all that was left, were people. Large, small, young, old, female, male, rich or poor, none of it mattered in the face of these people's hunger, and certainly not in the presence of quality alcohol and cuisine.

LUCY WHITE
Lucy felt her heart start to beat a little faster at Asha's actions and she quickly had to remind herself not to fall for it. "I can't get comfortable around her. No matter how beautiful her eyes are, or how soft her lips look, or how great her che- NO! Bad Lucy, bad!" She tore her eyes away and focused on a particularly interesting stain on the wall behind her. "It was mostly my father and my brother who did all of the work. My dad used to be an archer and my brother isn't too bad with a bow either. Me and my sister called out targets and kept any stragglers off of them. I guess when they realized that they couldn't just overrun us they cut their losses and fled. Although now that I think about it it's pretty uncommon for bandits to hit us. The woods usually keep us hidden enough that someone couldn't just see it from the edges, so it's not like they could have seen us and planned for it." Lucy explained as she finished her bread.

"Don't mean to sound rude but I best be going. I met with a merchant who agreed to meet me here so we could discuss a purchase. They should be here by now actually." Lucy said as she pushed out her seat and stood up. She didn't know if Asha had noticed the flaw in her lie, but right now she wanted to at least put another person between her and Asha. "Damn her and her sexy face" she thought as she turned and pretended to look for the supposed merchant. Her eyes settled on a lone woman with a cane sitting at another table. Walking over to the table the woman sat at she pulled out a chair and took a seat, making sure that her back was facing Asha. "Took you long enough to get here, was wondering if you would actually show. So about those carrots, how's about five silver pieces for your supply?" She asked while resting her head in her hand. As soon as she finished however she quickly mouthed 'Please help, play along' to the girl while shooting her a pleading look.

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse , Ineptitude Ineptitude

(Sorry for the late post, work and school just had a handicap match against me with steel chairs)

Olivia Mason
Olivia blinked once, before allowing an even smile to spread across her lips. "Make that seven pieces and you have yourself a deal." She easily went along with the woman's request, going as far as to offer a gloved hand in order to seal the transaction.

Electric blue eyes stared into the baby blue orbs of the lady that had approached her with a inquisitive gleam, silently asking exactly what the entire charade was for. Olivia had never been one for deceit, finding honesty to be plenty more favorable compared to trickery, but she wasn't unfamiliar with the act. One could even say that she was adept in committing the feat, a necessity of sorts in a world riddled with danger in every corner. Although, the deed always did leave a foul taste in her mouth immediately afterwards. This woman, however, came to her for help, and she never could refuse someone asking for her aid. A weakness of hers that she could never hope to overcome, not in her wildest dreams.

Mentioned: Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Asha Craven
Asha grinned as she listened to Lucy’s story. She wasn’t really interested in th story and was instead watching Lucy herself. She was really flustered and was trying not to stare too much at Asha, instead she was seemingly interested in a spot on the wall. Asha just smiled, leaning forward as Lucy continued to talk. “Your father and brother must truly be amazing archers to have killed those bandits.” She said with a smile, her voice dripping with seduction and charm. She could hardly suppress a giggle as Lucy hurriedly ate her bread and fled using the merchant she was going to meet as an excuse. Asha could tell that the girl was lying, but she found no need to call Lucy out on her bluff. “See you later.” Asha said, blowing a kiss in Lucy’s direction.

Once Lucy sat across another girl, the merchant according to Lucy. It as then that Asha realized that Lucy had never told her which room she was staying in nor if she was staying in this establishment. A wicked grin soread across her face as she rose from her table, her food only half eaten, and sashayed towards Lucy and her companion. Asha draped herself over Lucy, pressing her chest to Lucy’s back as she draped her arms over the woman. “Say, you never told me where you were staying in.” Asha whispered as she pressed her lips against Lucy’s ear. “Hopefully it just slipped your mind, otherwise I might mistake it for you trying to ditch me. And we don’t want that to happen, do we? After all, there’s so much I could show you.” Asha continued to whisper, her voice becoming more and more seductive. To put a nail on the coffin Asha softly blew air into Lucy’s ear, her soft lips touching Lucy’s ear.

“You could even bring your friend along if you want.” She said, a bit louder this time as she winked the Lucy’s companion. “My name is Asha Craven, and it would be a pleasure to be acquainted with a woman such as yourself.” She greetd the other woman, her body still draped over Lucy.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Ineptitude Ineptitude

Olivia Mason
Olivia stared long and hard, her gaze alternating between the two women as she tried to make sense of what was happening in front of her. 'Oh. Oh!' Her cheeks soon flushed a bright red, as the pieces finally clicked into place. Averting her eyes, she offered Asha a polite smile as she lowered her previously outstretched hand.

"My name is Mason. Olivia Mason." The farmhand introduced herself, red suffusing her face despite her mind's protests as fluttering fingers came up to brush a strand of hair behind her ear. "The pleasure is all mine, Asha." She added, her chin tucked near her chest as she looked at the woman demurely from under thick eyelashes.

Olivia then swiftly turned her brilliant blue eyes away from the older women in favor of scanning the crowd, looking for the waitress that would grant her some form of reprieve from the awkwardness of the situation. Unfortunately, however, it seemed that her order has yet to be completed, leaving her completely at the mercy of the two females. Resigning herself to her fate with a sigh of defeat, she turned her attention back towards the two females with a nervous, unsure, and confused smile across her lips.

Mentioned: CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Sir Alexander Löwe
"Former?" Alexander cocked his brow, pulling away from the handshake after sufficient time had passed. "Honourable discharge I hope?" The Knight commented with a light overtone of humour. Somewhat loosening his stance towards the archer; shoulders once hunched with tension now seemed to sag under the otherworldly weight of life. Things that had transpired, things still yet to come. And the present? A deafening silence which reminded him of both, as if a calm before the storm. Being behind the lines was both a blessing and a curse, perhaps the biggest reason he bordered on alcoholism. Something to do when the lull of the city got to you, with it's ever trickling stream of activity and repetitive regime. Nothing changed apart from the coloured ribbons which laced girls hair.

"If I was another man, I'd want to take an early retirement and do travelling mercenary work. Set up a nice farm somewhere." Alex tapped the bar, beckoning for another tankard. As it slid across the wood, he wrapped his large palm around it and brought the mug to his lips - setting it down with care. "People who work the land seem so very content knowing there is little to live up to." Löwe let out a laugh, the deep and rumbling kind that emphasised the depth of his voice. Using his spare hand, he drew it along his bearded jaw, removing the rag from his cheek to fold it into a neat square. Flickering his gaze across to his newfound acquaintance, "The unfortunate aspect of humanity, is we're all hopeless romantics. Our imaginations are too big for this reality; the cruellest thing the Gods ever did was giving us hope."

He fell silent, inhaling rather suddenly after a good minute or two. "But now is not the time for debating philosophy. Mr Ormon, was it?"

Raku Raku

LUCY WHITE
Lucy breathed a sigh of relief as the woman played along with her ploy. She mouthed a quick thank you to the blue eyed woman before she replied "Seven silver pieces? I can do six and a few copper pieces at best. Surely you don't get that many people offering to buy your entire stock of carrots on a daily basis." Before she could try and convey why she was doing this Lucy felt a sudden and pleasant feeling on her back as two arms draped around her shoulders. She instantly went stiff and a bit red in the face as that damn temptress placed her lips against her ear. "Gods give me str-" Her mind went blank as Asha lightly blew into her ear, causing a lecherous smile to appear on her face. "I would never dream of leaving a girl like you unsatisfied. My room is the third on the right up the stairs." Lucy leaned back into Asha's embrace as she inhaled deeply through her nose, taking in her pleasant scent.

Lucy's face went as red as a beet as Asha suggested that the blue eyed woman join them later that night. "No/YES!" Her mind screamed simultaneously as the woman looked between the two of them before it finally dawned on her what Asha meant. She blushed enough that Lucy thought she would pass out from all of the blood rushing to her face before she quickly looked away from them. The woman introduced herself as Olivia as she shyly brushed a small strand of hair behind her ears. "M-my name is Lucy White. I'm sure the three of us could get along quite nicely." Lucy stammered as her heart began to speed up. "At this point I probably wouldn't care if I might die. This would be so worth it"

Olivia looked away from Asha, maybe hoping to find something else to focus on like Lucy had tried. Hopefully she would be more successful than her attempt, as the reason for her averted gaze was currently being pressed into her back. When it seemed apparent that Olivia couldn't find what she was looking for she resigned herself to her fate as she offered a nervous smile to the two of them. A rational part of Lucy's brain tried to chime in that this woman was still very dangerous, however her libido had long since taken control as she tried to give Olivia an apologetic look as if saying "Didn't mean for this to happen, but now that it is why not go with it?"

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse , Ineptitude Ineptitude

Armac nodded in confirmation when Alex said 'former' with a questioning tone. It was something he hated admitting. What he loved about being a military man wasn't the glory of the title or the fighting. It was the fact that he got to see the world in the process. He was native to Havendale, so nothing was new. When he was in service, he went else where, and in some cases, other lands. Alex hadn't said he was retired yet, so Armac envied him in a way. He next presumed it was honorable discharge. It may have been honorable on records, but it felt all but honorable to Armac. He should have lost an arm like his grandfather had, then he would consider it honorable discharge.

Alex continued to speak of what he dreamed to be. He said he'd do become a mercenary for some time before settling down on a farm. He motioned for another drink, and as he did the barkeep looked to Armac. He just waved him off. He wasn't a drinker, never had been, never saw himself becoming one. He saw what alcohol could do to men. After drinking too much of it, one could become addicted to it. Armac has seen once great men reduced to hollow shells of their former selves by their craving for the intoxicating beverage. Besides, he didn't like the taste of most ales the tavern sold. Alex then drew into what sounded rather philosophical. He spoke of how the farmer looked so happy knowing that there was not much to their lives. That was something that had intrigued Armac sometimes. How could you be fine when you know that no one will remember you? That you'll be forgotten, as if you never existed. But Armac was never one for philosophy. If people had their own way of life, let them live it. Alex's next words were of philosophic nature as well, but these meant a bit more. He was right, wanting the world to be your own fantasy, your imagination, was indeed the cruelest thing the Gods have done.

After a silence fell and Alex spoke one last time, as if they shared that thought, was that it was not the time to philosophize, Armac said, "Indeed. I am not a man of philosophy, I am a man of action. Spending too much time on how to live life leaves little time for one to actually live".
idalie idalie

Asha Craven
Asah could feel that Lucy was starting to relax and Asha took this to mean that the girl was no longer wary of her, or at least was less wary of her. Asha lets go of Lucy and sat beside her but not before softly caressing the girl's back. Asha wanted to lower Lucy's guard way down, and even though she's just doing this on a whim, she has a tendency to do everything wholeheartedly and all the way, be it assassinating someone or flirting with a pair of beautiful ladies. Besides, she's not sure how long she'll stay in this city, so being with a pair of ladies while being here can't hurt too much. Being an assassin can get pretty lonely from time to time.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Olivia. And as Miss Lucy has said, I am very sure we'll get along nicely, very, very nicely." Asha said with a grin as she addressed Olivia. As much as she loved teasing Lucy, Asha is afraid to say that Olivia looks far more fun to tease. Just looking at the furiously blushing girl is tickling Asha's sadistic side from seeing such a submissive and innocent girl. "So, if it's not too much to ask, what do you do Miss Olivia? Unless you really are a merchant like Miss Lucy claims?" Asha asked, chuckling as she did so.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Ineptitude Ineptitude (Sorry for the short post)

Olivia Mason
"Well, she isn't exactly wrong..." Olivia's voice was soft yet lyrical, akin to wind chimes in a spring breeze as she nervously fiddled with the hem of her shirt, her blue eyes turned towards the floor. "I'm what you would call a vintner." She said, her rosy pink lips pulled into an unsure smile as her eyes flickered towards the two women. "A maker and seller of wine, if you weren't already aware." The farmhand was quick to clarify, snapping her gaze away as she flushed an even brighter shade of red.

Olivia could feel the heat growing in her cheeks. By now they must be beyond an attractive rosiness. They must be marking her out as a social incompetent. She felt as if all her insecurities were written boldly across her face and there was nowhere to hide. As her anxieties mounted they became a circle, like a song stuck on repeat. She suddenly felt awkward, demure, and coy; even going as far as attempting to hide her rosy features behind her slim fingers. The copper haired woman could feel their stares boring into her head, and she seemed to shrivel under their gaze.

Mentioned: CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Lucy White
As Asha removed herself from Lucy's back she felt a slight bit of concern, however that was eased as she soon took the seat next to her. As she asked Olivia if she was a merchant as Lucy had claimed. She looked away from Asha while nervously chuckling, unsure as to why she had used such a flimsy excuse in the first place, but more unsure to why she told that lie in the first place. She was always straight forward with people and spoke her mind, so why did it seem so hard to do so around this woman? The rational side of her brain once again tried to remind her as to why she had tried to leave her before, but once again it was squashed by the rising heat inside of her. "It's probably just my imagination" she thought as she returned her gaze to the table.

When Olivia answered her voice was so soft that Lucy almost had trouble hearing her. It was like talking to a shy child in the sense that she seemed unsure if they would accept her answer of if they would press for more. "Wine you say? Do you perhaps have some with you? I would love to purchase some if you do." She offered as she leaned forward and rested her chin in her hand. As she looked anywhere but where Asha and her were, fiddled with the hem of her shirt and tried to hide herself behind her fingers a thought came to Lucy's mind. "My gods she is about as innocent as a child. How is it that someone hasn't already taken advantage of her?"

CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse , Ineptitude Ineptitude (apologies for the delay)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back