• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
"Nina-chan, we're finally here," Midori said as the gates of Kusagakure appeared at the distance. The gates were extremely tall, reaching 150 feet towards the sky. Midori couldn't help but give out a low whistle at the impressive sight of the gates.

He wondered, "How didn't we see this earlier? This really is a Village hidden in the Grass." While they were slowly walking towards the village's gates, he turned to Nina. "Nina-chan, thank you for everything earlier," he smiled cheerfully "You were really awesome back there!"

Nina felt a lot better as they got closer and closer to the village. She was excited to visit somewhere new and wanted to forget about what happened. She figured a couple days of rest in the village might help as well.

Nina looked towards Midori as he spoke up. She smiled and blushed lightly at the compliment. She didn’t think she was that great, but apparently she was awesome. “Oh uhm... I-It was nothing really.” She spoke softly. “I-I'm just glad we’re both okay.” She told him. They finally crossed the gates and Nina’s smile grew wider as she took in the sights of Kusagakure.

"Woah, don't you think this is amazing?" Midori said as he tugged on Nina's hand, beckoning her to look at the view. The village had houses scattered in an organized way, giving the village a nice and home-y view. The mountain at the end towered over the village, protecting it with its staggering height. Midori saw the various villagers working and talking. He saw children running around and play around the grass.

1575743423960.png
(tbh, it looks amazing XD. credits to Fallen Blades Wiki)​

Nina smiled and nodded in agreement. It was such a beautiful and peaceful place. She had been traveling for while and it was nice to be in a village again. She couldn’t wait to stay in the inn and sleep in a real bed instead of on the ground. She also wanted to restock on her food supply and get some sweets. She was really craving something sweet.

She beckoned Midori to follow her and the two started to explore. Looking at all the sights of the village. There were a few small shops and places to eat. “So... is there anything you want to do or see?” She asked.

Midori silently looked around the village as he pondered over what he wants to do next. His body ached with each movement he made, making him notice how much pain he actually is in. The adrenaline from their fight earlier was finally going away, letting him feel the pain from the various cuts and wounds he had earlier. "I think we should go to somewhere where we can both get our wounds treated. Did you get hurt by the fight earlier?" Midori asked.

Nina blinked and look down at the wounds covering her body. She had completely forgot all about them. With the fight and all, she was just happy to get out of there and into safety. Not to mention she killed someone, which she usually tries to avoid doing at all costs. She was still pretty shaken by it all, but now that Midori pointed it out, she started to notice the pain.

She sighed and looked around, “You’re right... lets find a place to treat our wounds, then maybe find an inn so we can rest for a bit.” She suggested. After a few minutes of walking Nina spotted a small hospital. She pointed it out and lead her new friend there with her.

When they arrived near the hospital, it seemed to tower over them. The hospital was a four story tall building with a large kanji for 'hospital' at the top of the building. Midori whistled as they enter through the doors, surprised by the size of Kusagakure's hospital. The hospitals at his village were nothing compared to theirs. Their hospitals were more like clinics, small tents put up for healing people.

As they walked through the marbled hallway, they arrive at a counter with a young Iryō-nin behind the desk. The Iryō-nin looked up as he noticed the duo coming towards him. "Hello there! How may I help you?" He asked.

Nina looked at the man and gave a shy smile and she tried to think of how to word their situation. “H-Hello, my friend and I were traveling and we Uh... r-ran into some trouble out in the forest.” She told him with a bit of nervousness in her voice. “W-We got a little hurt while we were out there and were hoping to get our wounds looked at.” As she said this, she brought up her arms to show the Iryō-nin.

She gave him another nervous smile as he looked at them both. She hoped he wouldn’t question them too much. After a moment he nodded, had them sign a paper before telling them to have a seat. “Someone will be with you shortly.” He said with a smile. Nina thanked him and began walking to the seating area. She sighed, hoping this wouldn’t take too long.

Midori followed the man's instruction and followed Nina towards the seating area. He took a seat besides Nina while still holding onto her hand. After realizing this, he quickly took away his hands and set them on his lap. He blushed hard, embarrassed because of his actions. He thought about how long he held her hand and how soft it felt. He shook his head, trying to banish the blush from his face and his embarrassment.

Midori turned towards Nina and asked, "Nina? Can you train me after all this?" He looked away for a moment, trying to find the next words for his request. "After all, you've been trained right? You have experience as a ninja?" He fiddled his fingers while staring intently at the tiled floor, "It would be great if you taught me how to fight properly and all..."

Nina sat patiently, waiting for a doctor or nurse or someone to check on her so they could get out of there. Nina didn’t really like hospitals. She had completely forgot that Midori and her were still holding hands. She didn’t notice until he suddenly pulled his hand away. A little quickly too. She glanced at him but he was looking away. She hoped she didn’t do anything wrong. Maybe she held his hand too long? She has be so caught up with everything else and forgot.

She was pulled from her thoughts however when Midori spoke to her. He stared at the floor as he asked her to train him. He didn’t see her eyes grow wide and nervousness appear on her face. “I-I’ve never r-really trained anyone before...” she mumbled out. She turned away, just looking at a blank wall. “I-I have been trained and I’ve had some experience but... it felt so long ago. I j-just never felt like I was cut out to be a ninja.” She admitted. She thought about it for a moment, she was nervous but she would try to help her new friend. Before she could agree however, her name was called. They were ready to see her.

Midori smiled as he nodded towards a Medic going towards the duo. "I guess they'll treat you now. I'll wait here for you." Midori said as he slipped back into a confortable sitting pose on his chair. He felt a bit of excitement and anticipation for after they were treated. If Nina taught her a few basics of Ninjutsu or any chakra related stuff, he was sure to get good at protecting himself and others.

The Medic arrived in front of the duo and asked, "I presume both of you were wounded just recently?" His eyes glazed over the various cuts and scratches that littered the bodies of both of his patients. He sighed as he called for Nina and beckoned her to follow him to a nearby, empty room.

Nina just nodded at the medic to answer his question. She hoped he wouldn’t ask for too much detail. She got up and gave Midori a soft smile. “I’ll see you soon.” She told him before leaving with the Medic. After a few minutes a medic came for him as well.

Nina followed the man to the empty room and he asked her to take a seat. She complied but still remained very quiet. He started to look her over and treat her wounds. “Could you tell me what happened exactly?” He asked. There it was. She knew it was coming but she didn’t want it to. “W-Well um... we were a-attacked in the forest by some bandits...” she said with a quiet, nervous voice.

The Medic nodded while tending on Nina's wounds. "It is not my place to pry, but I suggest that you report this to the Ninja Force after both of you are treated. There have been many bandit attacks these days, any information that we could get is welcome," he said after he finished wrapping a medical gauze over her healed wounds.

"I suggest that you rest for a while and let your wounds heal. Call your friend, I have to tend to his wounds next." The man said while he opened the door and beckoned her to call her companion.

She listened to his words and thought about it. It probably was a good idea to report what happened. It might help prevent it happening to someone else, someone who might not be able to defend themselves. If it helps other in the future then why not.

She got up after the medic finished and walked towards the door. She thanked him and bowed politely before walking out. She made her way back to Midori and sat down. “Uhm, it’s your turn.” She told him, giving him a soft smile.

Midori nodded and stood up from his seat. "I'll come back in a jiffy!" he said while sprinting towards the direction Nina came from. Upon reaching the room's entrance, he knocked twice and waited for the Medic.

The Medic opened the door and beckoned Midori to enter the room. He guided him to sit on one of the examination beds and quickly grabbed his medical kit. He set to work on Midori's wounds, following the procedure he did earlier on Nina. He disinfected the cuts, gave Midori a cold compress bag for his bruises, and bandaged his wounds. "This ought to do it," the Medic said while finishing his job. "Next time, be careful. When you see another bandit company, run away and alert the authorities. Got it?" The Medic scolded Midori.

Midori smiled while scratching his head, "Got it sir! Thank you for treating us!" He bowed then quickly went out of the room and towards Nina.

Nina waited patiently for her friend to return. Once she saw him exit the room she quickly stood up from her seat, not really wanting to stay much longer. She waited for him to catch up before they walked out of the building together.

They walked for a few moments in silence before Nina spoke up. “I-I hope your wounds are okay...” she said quietly. “I-I think we should take his advice and tell some authorities what happened to us out there. He said i-it’s been happening a lot lately.” She sighed. She hoped that after, they could rest for a bit. She wondered if there was a hot spring in this village. She wouldn’t mind that right about now.

Midori grinned as he walked along the road with Nina. "You don't need to worry about me. Look! I can still do this!" He said as he flexed off both of his arms, trying to reassure Nina that he is still active. He quickly relaxed his arms and brought it down as he realized how absurd he must have looked.

They continued to wander aimlessly for a few moments while Nina explained to him about what the Medical Nin told her earlier. After Nina finished her explanation, Midori nodded and frowned. "I agree that we should," he said while he stopped in his tracks and he faced her. "Nina-chan, thank you for saving my life! If it wasn't for you, I'd be somewhere in a ditch rotting already." He thanked her while bowing deeply.

Nina was slightly surprised by his sudden gratitude for her. She wasn’t really expecting it and she wasn’t sure how to feel. She felt happy of course, but she wasn’t really ever shown this sort of kindness or gratitude before. She put her hands up and gave him a reassuring smile. “I-It’s okay, really. I’m s-sure you would have done that same thing for me.” She told him.

She made him stand up straight again sighed softly. “I wasn’t gonna leave you out there like that... not after the kindness you already showed me.” She smiled at him again, hoping they could just move on from the whole thing. It wasn’t the first time she’s run into bandits while traveling, but she could usually make a get away without having to kill. She didn’t like thinking about it.

Midori blushed a bit after he realized how weird he must have looked after apologizing loudly at the middle of the road. He glanced around and noticed a few people giggling at his expense. He set his head down as they continued down the road, trying to hide his face from Nina and the other people. "Just so you know, I'll try my best to pay back your kindness," he whispered.

He quickly straightened his back and forced his head to face the road, lest he accidentally bump against someone. "Now that we're here in Kusagakure," he changed the subject. "What would you like to do, Nina-chan?" He asked.

Nina followed him down the road, fidgeting with her hands a bit. “Y-You really don’t have to do that. You’ve done enough.” She mumbled, not really sure he had heard her.

Once he changed the subject a small smile appeared on her face. “W-Well... first I’d like to check into the inn and relax for a bit. Then maybe explore the village. See what Kusagakurehas to offer.” She started getting excited. She loved exploring a new place or village. She loved seeing how different they were from other places. “I hope they have a sweet shop around here.” She admitted. One thing Midori had yet to learn was that Nina loved sweets. Mostly desserts.

Midori grinned, excited for what they're going to experience in this village. His stomach growled, echoing through the road. Embarrassed, he quickly covered his stomach and said, "Oops, I guess I'm a little hungry after everything we just went through." He stopped at the side and swiveled his bag into his arms. He threw open undid its bindings and scoured through his belongings, looking for his food bag. After a few moments of looking for it, he stopped and sighed.

"Nina-chan, I think I dropped my food bag at the forest," he said. He frowned for a bit, mourning the lost of his mother's sweet buns. Midori huffed and turned towards his companion, "Nina-chan, do you mind if we go to a sweet shop first? We can replenish our food supplies and then rest at an inn."

Nina glanced at him for a moment and nodded. She was sort of hungry too. So much was going on today she didn’t really think about eating. She could also refill on food as well since she had none at all. She perked up at the mention of the sweet shop however. She suddenly felt better than she had all day. “Okay! Let’s go!” She grabbed Midori by the hand and practically dragged him down the street in search for the shop.

After wandering for a few minutes a certain shop caught Nina’s eye. They had found one and she quickly pulled her new friend inside with her. A smile grew on her face as she looked at all the different sweets. Candy, cakes and pastries were all around the shop. Nina looked at everything excitedly. Her day just got way better.

Midori looked around the sweet shop, eyeing all the sweet goodies the shop has to offer. His stomach gleefully growled at the possibility of it being filled. Midori smiled in embarrassment as he followed Nina while she looked at the sweets and desserts. He noticed how enthusiastic she was while looking at the sweets, the wide smile that plastered her face and her energetic response earlier at the mention of sweet shops made her look cute.

The shopkeeper, a big burly man wearing a tiny apron and a hairnet over his bald head, grinned as he glazed his eyes over the two kids roaming around his shop. "Good day, little kids! What would you like to have?" His voice boomed through the shop, almost throwing Midori off-balance.

Nina looked at the man strangely. She was so distracted by the sweets she didn’t even notice him at first. Also “little kids”? She was young but definitely not a little kid. She didn’t think much of it though and the smile did not disappear from her face. She waved off the odd mans actions and greeted him nicely. Giving a sweet hello and a wave.

She kept looking around before checking her bag for money. She only had so much left so she had to choose her goodies wisely. However, it was almost impossible for her to choose. Everything looked so good. She eventually settled on a few different fruit pastries and some cakes and candy for later or when she craved something sweet.

Midori looked at the direction of the voice and stood back in shock upon seeing a big, burly figure which towered over him. He gulped and weakly said, "Hello there mister shopkeeper..." He asked the shopkeeper, "I'm trying to find some sweet food which could easily fill me up. Do you have any suggestions?"

The big man raised an eyebrow and brought his hand up to massage his beard. "You could buy a pack of Daifuku or Dango. Both are pretty cheap and can last you a week, if you know how to ration it."

Midori looked at the shop's selection of sweet. His eyes glazed over the various sweets before stopping at two food samples which were labled as Daifuku and Dango respectively. Both looked really delicious and plump which made him slightly hungrier. He turned towards Nina and clenched her hand lightly to get her attention, "I'll buy a pack of Daifuku and Dango. What do you want to buy?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back