• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

JackDoggo

The Doggo-er
The Fated Meeting
This roleplay is set on the Naruto-verse after the Third Shinobi World War and during the Yondaime Hokage's reign.
View attachment 633524
The roleplay will closely follow the main events of the anime but it will not greatly affect the Original Characters of the roleplayers. The basic premise of this roleplay is to see what happens when two adventurous souls bravely travel the world and learn more about themselves as they go through life's challenges.

~STARTER POST~

JOUNREY.jpg

Matsuyo Midori stared at the breathtaking scene in front of him. Thick clouds hugged the huge mountains from the distance, forming a godly image. The moon hung from the tip of a mountain, which made it look like the character "人". Midori smiled as he took in the fresh air of nature. He took out his map and scanned through the border between Iwagakure and Kusagakure.
KusagakureMap.png
"So after trekking the mountains, there will be a river which will pass by a farm." He looked up from the map and found the river cutting through the rocky landscape. "I guess I found my route," he said as he followed the river's path.

XGhostieWolfX XGhostieWolfX

Nina sighed happily as she came to a small clearing. She gently set down her bag and pulled out her map. She stared at it for several moments with a concentrated look on her face. “Hmm... I guess I should be about here.” She pointed to a spot with her finger then looked around more.

She’s always wanted to travel and see new things. She loved being outdoors. She never got to travel too much, there was so many places she wanted to go and to see. She finally got her chance and she took it quick. She liked being on her own but this was her first time traveling on her own. She was happy for the most part but the map she had was a little confusing.

As she examined the map for a few more moments she closed it and got ready to go again. She found that she was right on the boarder between the land of fire and the land of grass, there was also a river not too far, a perfect place to rest for awhile.

RIVERSIDE.jpg
The river gushed rapidly as Midori walked alongside it. He trekked through the path beside the river. He pulled out his map for the hundredth time and checked his current location. "So this will lead into the village in a few hours..." he scratched his head and raised his eyebrow. The 2-hour walk following the river took most of his remaining energy. The demanding hike through the mountains of Iwagakure before that walk made him sweaty and turned his breathing raggedy and unfocused.

"I should take a rest," he said. He looked up from the map and squinted his eyes. He scanned through the area with sharpened focus. After a few minutes of searching, he found a tree with a conveniently shaped hole in its trunks. "There! I'll rest for the night and continue tomorrow at sunrise," he decided. He walked towards the and put down his Komebukuro (Rice Bag) inside the hollowed tree. He laid on the tree's floor and rested his head on his bag, his heavy lidded eyes closing in satisfaction.​

As Nina finally made it to the river she sighed with relief and happiness. The area was quite beautiful. A perfect place to relax. She walked closer to the river and set down her bag gently on the grass. She crouched down close to the water and dunked a finger in, then more of her hand. The water was pretty cold but she didn’t mind too much, not after traveling in the sun all day.

She pulled her hand out of the water and sat still for a moment. A gentle breeze blew by and Nina felt something strange. She felt like there was a presence near by, like she wasn’t alone. She took a quick glance around but saw nothing. Maybe she was just imagining it. It had been a long day after all. She leaned back, resting her hands on the soft grass behind her. She figured she could stay here for a bit and relax. She was in no hurry and the river was soothing.

Midori sprang up from his resting place as he heard a hard thud outside his surroundings. He glared at the entrance of the hollowed tree, examining the dark environment. Night slowly took over the day, as evidenced by the darkness in the sky creeping over the forest. "What was that?" he said as he crawled towards the hollowed exit of his makeshift shelter.

As he viewed the distant river in front of him, he noticed a humanoid figure laying down beside the river. The dark shadows of the trees made it hard for him to see the figure's features. Not wanting to risk it, he turned back and sneaked towards his tree. As he sneaked towards the hollowed entrance of the tree, he tripped on a branch and fell on the rocky ground. "Damn!" his curse echoed throughout the forest.

Nina watched as stars slowly appeared in the sky as the sun left. She felt exhausted after a long day of travel and she felt the soothing sounds of the river slowly killing her to sleep. She didn’t want to move. Looks like it’s going to be the ground tonight.

Just as sleep was about to take her she suddenly heard some noises then a voice. She shot up quickly, now sure that she wasn’t alone. She quickly pulled out a kunai just in case. It was dark but she knew someone was hiding amongst the trees. She wanted to stay silent and sneak away but her nerves over took her. “W-Who’s there?” She called out, trying to sound at least a little tough. “I know you’re out there!”

Midori relaxed a bit when he heard a girl's voice. The sight of the shadowy figure earlier made his nerves crawl in fear. He stood up as he patted away the grass and dirt from his pants. After he finished, he turned around to face the girl.

He bowed and said, "I am sorry for intruding! I will take my leave now." He turned back and walked towards his tree. Judging from the tone of her voice, he concluded that maybe she was annoyed or scared of him.

Nina didn’t take her eyes off him the entire time. She watched him closely, holding her weapon shakily. She wasn’t trying not to appear so scared and nervous but her body just wasn’t listening to her. She relaxed slightly when he apologized and turned to leave, but she still kept her guard up.

What was he doing out here by himself? What if there were more near by. She took her eyes off him for a moment to glance around for any signs of others, but there didn’t seem to be anything. She slowly lowered her weapon and sighed. “I-It’s okay... sorry for freaking out.” She said in a quiet, shy tone, not sure if he heard her.

Midori stopped in his tracks as he heard her quiet apology. Maybe she was like him? Maybe she's also traveling? Picking up his rice bag, he turned around and faced her direction.

"Hey! I am going to a village not far from here," he said.

As he faced the girl, he started to notice the features of the girl. The first detail that caught his attention was the girl's deep, purple eyes. Her face was perfectly framed by her black hair with hints of purple.

"Is.. th-there.. a ch-cha..." he trailed off as he realized that he was talking to a beautiful woman. He stared for a full minute, captivated by her beauty. After a few seconds, he realized what he was doing and quickly turned away.

Blushing, he coughed while looking away and said, "Anyways, I was wondering if you were going there too?"

She looked at him a little confused when he turned around again. He said he was heading for a village, that’s where she was heading too. She noticed his bag and thought that maybe he was traveling as well, like her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when he started to stutter a bit, almost as bad as her on some days. A small shy smile appeared on her face as she tried not to giggle. Is that was she sounded like sometimes? It was kinda cute though...

She was still a little wary of the stranger but often had a hard time being mean. She wasn’t just going to tell him to go away... even if he was some kind of weirdo, that would just be rude. Maybe he isn’t so bad.

“U-Uhm... I am a-actually. Yes.” She finally answered with a small nod.

Midori noticed the stutter in her voice and realized that she might be the one afraid of him. With this in mind he lowered his voice and spoke in a friendly tone, "Well, I think that's neat!" He walked towards her direction, branches and leaves crackling under his footsteps. He waited until he was a few steps away from her until he stopped.

He looked around his surroundings and enjoyed the view. The blue, starry sky enveloped the forest with its light. The shiny, crescent moon's light bounced off the river, illuminating the surrounding trees with its light.

1570978965751.png

Even though the scene was beautiful, Midori knew how dangerous it was to travel alone at night. He looked at the moon and thought deeply, "Should I accompany her or not?" After a few seconds in deep thought, he made his decision and looked at the girl. He started, "It's dangerous to travel alone at night." He finally asked, "Do you want me to accompany you to the village?"​

As he walked closer she tensed up again, but only slightly, hoping he wouldn’t notice. She stared for a moment, noticing his green eyes. She thought they looked nice and somehow friendly.

She wanted to trust him. He seems nice enough and she should know not everyone is bad and out to get her, but it was just hard, lots of things could go wrong. She thought about it for a moment. It was only a walk to the village, which wasn’t that far anyway. They could make it in no time then be on their own way. She finally gave him a small nod and agreed to go. “A-Alright. That sounds nice...” she smiled shyly.

"Ok then! That's great!" he smiled at her. He bowed lightly and said, "My name is Matsuyo Midori. What is your name?" He had asked that question a little too late but it was better late than never. Deep inside, he felt a little bit safer being with someone at the middle of the night. Travelling through the Elemental Nations at night was a sure way to be targeted by bandits and rogue ninjas. It was better to be safe than sorry.

Nina smiled a bit at his enthusiasm. He seemed like a bright and happy person. The type of person she wouldn’t mind being around. At least he wasn’t all negative and broody. She couldn’t take the negative energy.

“U-Uhm... My name is Nina...” she told him. “It’s nice to meet you M-Matsuyo-san.” She bowed politely. She wasn’t sure how he would like her being so formal. Some people liked it and some people hated it. However, she couldn’t help herself. She didn’t want to get on anyone’s bad side.

Midori blushed a bit when she bowed and greeted him. Her appearance seemed to have quite an effect on him. While covering his cheeks with his hands to hide the blush, he replied "It's also nice to meet you Nina-san." After a few seconds of focused relaxation, his blush subsided and his focus zoned in on his new companion.

"Well then Nina-san, do you want to go straight to Kusagakure? Or do you want to camp here and wait for the sun to rise?" He asked. The night was dangerous, more so if you traveled during the night in a nation filled with Ninjas and rogue bandits. He knew how to deal with bandits, but if you asked him to deal with other ninjas, he would be wrecked at the first second of a ninja fight.

Nina didn’t really notice his blushing face. It was too dark to see anyway. She thought for a moment. He had a point about camping. It was already pretty dark out and it was a dangerous world, though she was a little nervous about camping with a stranger she just met.

After a moment of thought she finally decided it might be the best option. “M-Maybe we should make camp...” she told him. They built a small fire and Nina laid out her sleeping bag before sitting on it by the fire. She watched the fire crackle for a few moments, trying to think if she should try to make small talk or not. It had been a long day and she was a bit exhausted.

Midori laid on the grass and enjoyed the silent atmosphere. The hiking and walking earlier had taken its toll on his body. His joints were stiff and rigid, making it painful for him to move. He relaxed himself as he stared at the small fire he and Nina made.

He looked over Nina's side and saw her staring at the fire too. 'What is she thinking about?' he thought, 'I'll try asking her'. He reached over her and poked her shoulder, "Hey, Nina-chan. You still there??" He smiled as he asked the question.

XGhostieWolfX XGhostieWolfX

Nina was brought from her thoughts when she heard Midori address her. “Hm?” She glanced his way for a moment, then back to the warm fire. “Oh, y-yes, I’m sorry. I-I guess I kinda zoned out.” She admitted, giving him a shy smile.

Her thought was brought to something else however. He called her Nina-Chan. She hadn’t heard that in a long time. It wasn’t like she had many people to talk to... she didn’t mind him calling her that though, she kind of liked hearing it again.

Midori smiled back and said, "Oh don't say sorry. I was just checking up on you." He glanced at the burning campfire and asked, "Why are you going towards the village?" He was confused as to why somebody like her would go to Kusagakure.

He looked at her face but quickly turned away when he noticed how cute she looked under the moon's light. "It's okay if you don't want to answer the question, I kind of understand." he turned back to watching the fire.

She smiled softly, thinking of how to answer his question. “I just... wanted to explore. I don’t know how to explain it. I just really wanted to travel to new places and have new experiences.” She told him.

She never really had anyone or anything back home. After awhile she got sick of it and just wanted to travel. She always liked to and figured why not? “W-What about you? What brings you here?”

Midori's eyes widened as he listened to Nina's reply. Their reasons were travelling were so similar that he couldn't help but have this stupid grin on his face when he heard her reason. He shifted his body to face towards her, slightly ruffling the grass beneath him. "I want to travel too! I want to experience the things that our world has to offer!" he said while looking at her.

He looked back at the fire and fell silent for a few moments. "I also wanted to learn more about Chakra too." he said with a sad tone, "But I don't even know how to develop my chakra or how to manipulate it."

Nina glanced at him again for a moment. She didn’t expect that. She thought that maybe that would be something he could do already. He seemed like the type, but she guessed not. “I-I could try to help you with that.” She offered. “I-I’m not very strong or skillful, and I might not be the best teacher... b-but I can try.” She said, giving him a soft smile.

After a few moments, she let out a small yawn. “I think it’s time I try to sleep. It’s been a long day.” She sighed. “G-Good night.” She said, before moving to the new spot and getting comfortable in her sleeping bag.

Midori blinked at her in surprise. He didn't expect her to be knowledgeable in chakra. "That would be great! I'm in your care then Nina-senpai!" he bowed politely.

When Nina bid him good bye, he couldn't help but yawn back. "Good night." he replied as he also settled onto the grass with his backpack as his pillow. He looked up the starry night as he thought about his day. He did not expect to meet someone so early in his journey, much less a girl like Nina. He secretly hoped that their day would be better tomorrow. With that thought in mind, he relaxed and quickly fell asleep.

Nina woke up the next morning feeling somewhat refreshed. She was ready and excited to continue her journey. She was also happy to have company on her way to the next village. Midori seemed very nice and she sort of liked being around someone else.

She packed up her things as she waited for her companion to wake up and get started for the day. The village wasn’t too far so it shouldn’t take them too long to get there.

1572710569619.png
The Sun rose over the skies, basking both Midori and Nina with its light. With the sunlight irritating his closed eyelids, Midori put up his hands in an attempt to fight off the light. After a few moments of tolerating the sun's heat, he sighed and wormed his way out of his sleeping spot. He stood up and stretched upwards with his hands towards the sky.

"Yawn..." he gaped loudly. "Oh! Good morning Nina-chan!" he said as he noticed Nina already up and ready for their journey. He stood straight and slowly went through a routine of stretching. "Are you ready to go already?" he asked while going through his last set of stretches. Midori loved to travel and he hoped that their journey would be safe and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back