• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Fate of Creation

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Damage is 17 dice. Lets see if using the World of Darkness option will let it roll more than 10 at a time.

Redoubling his efforts, after seeing his attack fail to pierce the archer's armor, Kenji attempts to deliver a punishing blow. Feinting left to make his opponent lower his guard, suddenly switches attack sides to the right with a pivot and a jump, bringing his daiklave, which by now shines in reflection of Kenji's anima banner, bathing the scene in a sharp green light, in a diagonal, downward stroke, intent to slicing the archer from shoulder to pelvis.

OOC

Also, a question: How are we handling stunts? Do we wait on your ruling if a described action merits a stunt reward? Do we roll extra dice in advance and then you disregard them based on the described action? Some other way?

Thanks in advance :)

***​

Normal attack - Speed 4 enhanced by Martial Arts Fatefull excellency to reduce its TN to 4, for 3m.

Sp. 4 Acc. 18 Dmg. 9L/2 (increased to minimum dmg 5 with VBoS form active) Def. +2 [PDV 7] R.3 T. O

Health:

-0 [ ]

-1 [ ][ ]

-2 [ ][ ]

-4 [ ]

X [ ]

Willpower: 9/10

Essence:

Permanent: ●●●●●

Personal: 20/20

Peripheral: 7/53 (3m spent for Fateful MA excellency, not commited)

OOC

Presuming that the archer's defense is the same as before, and given that I got the same number of successes (14) as I did in my previous attack, I'll go ahead and roll for damage as well, to save time.

If for some reason things aren't the same as in my previous attack, please disregard this roll and I'll roll again according to your instructions.

Damage is 9L plus 8 from successes, 17 minus 12L soak = 5 dice to roll.

EDIT: One level of damage inflicted.

As a sidenote though, if the archer is a creature outside fate (since you mentioned that demons were coming out of the building just before we landed) the damage my attacks inflict is aggravated, due to Violet Bier of Sorrows Form enhanced by Conclusion Pursuing Approach.

That could also change the effective soak he has, regarding my attacks (since while lethal dmg can be soaked with half stamina plus armor soak, aggravated can only be soaked with armor soak if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited:
OOC A few quick notes. Just use the regular die roller in the future, and since it only rolls ten dice at a time, just make multiple rolls in a post. Also, I had completely forgotten about Stunting; thanks for reminding me. On a basic post, give yourself a one die Stunt. If you can give me a better description, you'll get your two dice stunt. I'll be the judge of any posts that might qualify for a three dice stunt, but if you see one from your fellow player that you feel rate a three die bonus, you can nominate it for that exalted position and let me know.

Valeren's attack is quite brutal, doing sizable damage to her target. The archer is still alive, but just barely.

Kenji also hits, not doing as much harm to your foe, but you've managed to do Aggravated damage to your target.

Thanks to Valeren's Charm, you can tell that you are facing off against fellow Sidereal Exalts, but they are tainted by the power of Malfias, marking them as Akuma. Brainwashed fools that have fallen under the control of Creation's hated enemies. With the examination you have now made, you recognize them both as young Exalts, one is a Chosen of Battles (and is nearly dead) and the second is a Chosen of Journeys. It is hard to believe that fellow members of the Sidereals would fall to the seduction of the Yozis, but its true.

Archer 1, bleeding profusely, raises up bow and fires another shot at Val, but combined with his wound penalties and your added +2 DV against him, you are able to easily evade the shot.

Archer 2 backpedals and fires a second time at Kenji. What is your DV?

In the meantime, Psychie Psychie is up with Valeren.

5 - [Archer 2], [Kenji]
6 - [Valeren]
9 - [Kenji]
10 - [Archer 1 (critically injured)]
11 - [Archer 2 (injured)], Valeren <====
14 - Kenji
15 - Archer 1 (critically injured)

Seeing the archer preparing to fire at him, Kenji falls back to a defensive stance. The words of his sifu echo in his mind "...no matter the force of the attack, no harm can come to you, young Seer, if you are not there when the blow lands", as he utilizes the momentum of his initial strike to propel himself in the air as his daiklave hits and using it as a counterweight, to execute a vault-like maneuver, in an attempt to effectively evade the incoming arrow.

OOC

Dodge DV (9 - 1 from my previous attack) 8

Also:
if the archer is currently suffering any wound penalties, these are considered tripled in any actions he takes against me, due to VBoS form being active.

In case I would be hit with a DV of 8 (or possibly 9 if my above description qualifies as 1-die stunt) I would use Absence (for 2m) to bring my DDV up to 9 (to begin with). If his successes are above it, please let me know in case I need to use my 2nd Dodge excellency to further increase it.

Health:

-0 [ ]

-1 [ ][ ]

-2 [ ][ ]

-4 [ ]

X [ ]

Willpower: 9/10

Essence:

Peripheral: 13/53
[regained 6m: 4 from my 2 previous 1-die stunt attacks, 2 from my 1-die defense stunt, should they qualify as such]

Akuma! How is it possible for one of the Fellowship to succumb to such blandishments? They don't deserve to live! A grim expression crosses her face as she maneuvers around to finish off the wounded man, striking out with what should be a finishing blow with her flexible blade.
Current soak: 14B/13L/6A

Willpower: 8/10
Personal: 22/22
Peripheral: 48/33
Form Charm for Sapphire Veil of Passion Style and Optimistic Security Practice active

Health Levels
[X][X][ ] -0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ][ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

Once again, spending 5m on First Dex Excellency, and assuming a 1 die stunt, that should give me a total of 30 dice to hit.
EDIT - 9 successes to hit

Between his skill and his attacker's injury, Kenji is able to easily evade the arrow.

Valeren hits her opponent with 4 successes, and unless you botch your damage roll, Archer 1 will be taken out.

Ebon_Arbiter Ebon_Arbiter is up

10 - [Archer 1 (critically injured)]
11 - [Archer 2 (injured)], [Valeren]
14 - Kenji <====
15 - Archer 1 (critically injured)
16 - Valeren
17 - Archer 2 (injured)

The apparent treachery of their erstwhile comrades galvanizes Kenji even more, to triumph in the face of adversity and bring an end to the perpetrator's existence.

"Your actions have made you a traitor to your brethren, to your Maiden and to Creation itself. This is the end of the road for you", he declares solemnly with a strangely calm but strong voice, as he springs forth, moving fluidly from his defensive posture to an aggresive stance, running to gain momentum, then utilizing one of the still standing pillars in the room, as a means to propel himself towards the fallen Harbinger, "Fate's Edge" barely visible, as it swirls in a hypnotic figure of eight while in midair, before striking with its razor sharp end, intent on cutting his destiny's thread once and for all.

Normal attack - Speed 4 enhanced by Martial Arts Fatefull excellency to gain an Auspicious success, for 4m 1 WP and Life Severing Blow for 5m, to add (Essence = 5) both to its raw and to its minimum damage.

Sp. 4 Acc. 19 (18+1 or more from stunt) Dmg. 14A/10 Def. +2 [PDV 7] R.3 T. O

19 successes on the attack. Presuming that his defences are as before (DV 6, given that I garnered 8 extra successes when I hit him with attacks that had 14 total successes) and unless something changes, I should have 13 extra successes. Therefore raw damage would be 14+13= 27A

If his soak is the same as before (12L) I should roll 15 damage dice (if not more due to difference between lethal and aggravated soak).

I'll roll for damage in the next post.

Life Severing Blow
Cost: 5m; Type: Supplemental Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3;
Type: Reflexive (Step 8)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Violet Bier of Sorrows Form

Sighting a violet glimmer of the Essence of Endings in her enemy's soul, the Sidereal strikes through it to bring them closer to their death. Add (Essence) to the raw damage of an unarmed attack supplemented by this Charm. The same amount is also added to the minimum damage of the attack, granting it the Overwhelming tag.

A character reduced to their Incapacitated level by an attack supplemented with Life-Severing Blow can be unmade as a Shaping effect, killing them instantly and reducing their corpse to ash. Against mortals, even a single level of damage is sufficient to shape them dead.

Health:

-0 [ ]

-1 [ ][ ]

-2 [ ][ ]

-4 [ ]

X [ ]

Essence:

Peripheral: 6/53 [spent 4m, 1 WP for Fateful excellency - Auspicious success, 5m for Life Severing Blow, regained 2 (or more should you decide so) from stunt]

Last edited:
Val's Floating Ribbon reaches out and decapitates the injured Archer 1, and his lifeless body falls to the ground.

Kenji's target is looking quite ragged with multiple injuries, bleeding profusely. But, he still has some fight left in him, even if he has little chance against the two of you.

Psychie Psychie is up again

14 - [Kenji]
15 - Archer 1 (dead)
16 - Valeren <====
17 - Archer 2 (badly injured)
19 - Kenji

Against another foe, she would offer him the chance to surrender. But when dealing with creatures twisted as they are by the power of the Yozi's, Val is convinced that there is little chance that he will allow himself to be captured. Time to finish this before its too late. In a deceptively relaxed move, Valeren glides across the ground, working to put herself into the best position to strike. Then, with lightning speed, she lashes out with her blade, aiming to cut the Akuma down before he can use any of his other powers against them.

Personal: 22/22
Peripheral: 48/33
Form Charm for Sapphire Veil of Passion Style and Optimistic Security Practice active

Health Levels
[X][X][ ] -0
[ ][ ] -1
[ ][ ][ ][ ] -2
[ ] -4
[ ] I

One more, I'm putting in 5m to the First MA Excellency
EDIT - 17 successes to hit

Thanks to the multiple injuries, his movements are staggered and slow, making him an easy target to hit. You scored 13 successes, and he has a soak of 12L

This time, Valeren manages to slice the figure in two, sending a spray of blood to join the gore already on the floor.

Moving out of combat time.

There are now no other living people here besides the two of you and the poor man pinned to the wall. Thanks to Kenji's keen eyes, he is aware of the trip line set up to the explosives around the wounded Exalt.

Kenji brings his daiklave up then down curtly, shedding all the blood left on it and momentarily inspects it, whispering words of gratitude and confering a sense of accomplishment to the brave spirit who once agreed to shed his existence in order to be transformed to this magnificent blade and serve the Fivescore Fellowship forevermore.

Then he sheathes it, inside his garb, returning it to its Elsewhere resting place, until the time of need comes again.

His look is still marred by sadness and concern, yet the grim gaze and cold demeanour seem to have departed his face, as the battle ended.

Taking a moment to check upon Val, he points out to the trip line, trapping the access to the wounded Sidereal.

"I intend to try and disable that explosive trap around him. Hopefully we can still save him and find out what happened".

He moves to the spot and inspects it closely and thoroughly, before reaching for his tool satchel and starting to tinker carefully with the wire, his deft hands moving in accordance with the precision and accuracy needed to complete that task.

While Kenji does this, Val tries to keep her attention focused out, watching for any sign of other attackers. With an almost absent-minded motion, she reaches up with her free hand and pulls the one arrow from her arm, briefly wincing at the pain. But the arrow has to come out.

Now that he has a chance to examine the trap with more detail, it looks to Kenji that it is a very sloppy trap, set up in haste, designed to catch the unwary as they rush forward to save the injured Exalt pinned on the wall. It is a very simple process to step over the trip wire, make the explosives safe, and pull Jontom down from the wall before the whole place goes up in flames.

As Valeren looks about, you are not seeing any other signs of attackers laying in wait.

Kenji proceeds to carefully and quickly neutralize the trap, then pulls Jontom down from the wall with due care and moves outside, calling on Val to do the same and evacuate the building before the raging fire brings it down upon their heads.

The wounded Exalt lets out a groan as you pull him from the wall and pull the spear out of his shoulder. By this time the acrid smoke is starting to make you choke, and it won't be long before it makes the council chamber uninhabitable. Fighting your way though the fires and smoke, the three of you soon run into a firefighting crew working to put out the blaze before it is too late to save the whole building. One of the crew grabs Kenji by the arm and half guides/half pulls you along out of the place as his fellows begin to spray water on the blaze.

Once you are on the front steps of the Bureau, several spirits descend upon you and begin to ply some healing magic on Jontom, while still others are starting to gather around the two of you, giving you distrustful looks. Finally, a senior spirit of the Bureau's security team comes up, flanked by a half dozen Celestial Lions. He gives you both a long look, then says, "Noble Exalts, we have been dealt a horrific blow, and we are in need of finding out all we can from those that have survived this attack. Would you please come with me to answer some questions? There are some things that need to be cleared up if we are to get to the bottom of this disaster."

Valeren slowly wraps her Floating Ribbon around her waist as the security chief walks up. From the level of hostility that they are getting from the assembled gods, it wouldn't take much for them to be set off and attack them both. In a calm, measured voice, she says, "Of course, captain. But first, I must ask, are we under arrest? If so, we will need to have a representative join us for this interrogation."

He shakes his head. "No, not under arrest, but, for your own safety, I would suggest you do come with us. The level of anger here is palpable and with your sudden arrival after everything has gone south when every other member of the Order had been present for the attack, you could be seen as . . . being guilty of some collusion in this. Please, do accompany us."

With a very sour expression on her face, Val finally nods. "Yes, I understand. We can explain our absence, and will happily do so. But you are right. Let us all go from here." Turning to look at the medics working on Jontom, she says, "Make sure you do your very best to make sure he pulls through. I need to hear from him what he has seen in there. His survival is critical." With her head held high, she allows the Lions to guide her along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back