• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The family that hunts together

taliaangeni

It is what it is.
Roleplay Type(s)

RULES/REQUIREMENTS
1. Be polite and respectful. If you can't manage this, you will be kicked, and YC will be killed off or used in some other fashion.
2. No rushing people for replies. I'd like this RP to last and people hate being rushed. But at the same time, I want this roleplay to be active, so if you aren't going to be active, please do not express interest or make a CS. I get that things come up, that's not what I'm talking about.
3. Quality over quantity. No one liners. There is a 2 paragraph minimum per post.
5. This is NOT first come, first serve.
6. Romance isn't a must, but it's encouraged/enjoyed by most. (Note, I said most). But don't break RPN's rules.
7. LITERACY and GRAMMAR are must-knows.
8. Be mature. Not saying this RP is going to break RPN's rules, but i'm saying there may be mature topics/triggers. Do not bash anyone's character or anything like that.
9. On the topic of triggers, please be respectful. Do some research if you have to. Triggers are nothing to take lightly, and if someone gets upset, don't bash them for getting upset. Warn us if your post or character has triggers/trigger warnings.
10. If you have an issue with someone, come to me first. Or be a big person and actually talk to them about it.
11. Romance is awesome, but don't force it on anyone. That's not cool.

LMpqExM.png
[/color]
kiUKJx0.png

PLOT
Ever wondered if monsters were real? Would we all be running around scared or half of the population gone? Romanticizing vampires and werewolves. Well....they are real. The monsters that creep from under your bed, the hounds howling at the midnight moon. That person you side-glanced because you weren't quite sure if their eyes were actually black.

Monsters aren't the only thing that are real. Hunters are too. We're regular people with regular jobs. Some of us do the hunting thing full time while others only do it when something unnatural happens in their neck of the woods. Us hunters do a real good job of cleaning up the messes these monsters make. Enough that's it's not a global disaster and their true natures are still concealed.

⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸⫸

I have no real plot for this as of yet. We will all start as hunters and through the course of the RP we can add supernatural types as available characters. There will be a lore page which will have posts about the monsters they've encountered. Yes, there will most likely be a discord as I'm on it all the time. I'll make an onsite OOC as well.

LINKS
doVbYbs.png
code by @Goldieloxx
[/color]

Last edited:
Glassy Glassy You did it right!
Thank god for that then, was actually worried as this sounds really good and I was scared I'd somehow mess it up.
(The joys of being on a new site, constantly scared you're doing it wrong and there's a ton of etiquette and stuff you don't know about yet.)

Will start working on a character now!

I'm really interested.
And I appreciate that you'll be keeping an ooc for the site because I don't use discord.

Quick question, too! Did you want us to post on the CS you've created Tuesday or will
you be making a new one?

Hell to the yes. In in. Can I make a character based on the Monster Hunter International book series by Larry Corriea?

Basically the premise of the books is that monsters and all the stuff that goes bump in the night are real. But the world govts keep it under wraps (and will kill you if you reveal the truth) because the more people who know about that stuff the stinger they seem to get. Dark gods being worshipped and people using black magic etc. On the flip side, if you happen to kill one of the monsters, the govt will pay you a lucrative bounty for it. For example young Werewolves go for $50,000. Zombies $5000 a pop. Etc. Etc. And because it pays well, some businesses have been set up around it, though they operate outside of the public eye. And basically they go all out when it comes to dealing with this stuff. You know how it took Dean 11 seasons to use that damn grenade launcher. (The govt doesn't really like them.....) Yeah, that would be these guy's opening move. Flame throwers, explosives, silver (lots of silver), gunpowder, you get the idea. And the way they train with weapons uses both military and 3-gun competition (the stuff that Keanu Reeves is (only) decently proficient at in order to portray John Wick). So yeah, that's the kind of character I'd like to play. He can come from money to afford the tool he uses if you don't want to do the bounty system, but he's gonna be a very trigger happy kind of hunter.

Hey there, just wondering if this is still open for people? Looking around the site for something to join and I am excited to try to contest the spoopy elements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back