The Fallen World - OOC

Meanwhile, posts soon. Just trying to get these games done for Gaelcon and I am months behind due to the depression. 

Hope things get better with your depression. My family has a bit of a history with it, so I know how rough it can be at times.

Thanks, man.  I really had no idea how bad it could get, even though I watched it kill my dad.  I feel like I haven't been me for months, you know? 

It'll probably get bad again in future, but I'm hoping I can use this window to prepare, speak to a real psychiatrist.  And get back to work, of course. 

Yeah, it's an insidious little thing. The worst of it is the name is misleading, saying it's an advanced form of sadness is completely inaccurate. Good on you for willing to look at a psychiatrist, though. It helped my mom cope a lot with her own depression.

Hey Grey, not sure how the formatting looked on your end but something you did caused it to do the weird out-of-box formatting again, so I had to edit out all but the actual content. Sorry 'bout that.

I'm almost certain it has something to do with theme and copying and pasting. When you can copy and paste hidden html, stuff is bound to get mixed up.

I have no forgotten, you guys!

Despite what my posts might look like, this is one of the more challenging games to GM so I'm just trying to get my groove back.

No worries, take your time! Anything I can do to help? I always felt it was the player's job to make running the game easy for the GM just as much as it is the GM's job to make playing the game easy for the players.

What JT said!

If it'd help I could always throw my plotty ideas at you and we could go somewhere from there.

You know where to find me, if you wanna take me up on it.

Holy shit, you have no idea how much I needed that. Thank you for making my day marginally better.

It's at least partially what I live for.  We must talk plotty ideas later, but there's a nice clear arc for this section.

Also, I'm considering opening up some slots - thoughts?

I think it's a good plan! I was trying to snag @KamiKahzy's interest, but I think he wasn't too keen on learning the system.

Doesn't keep me from continuing to try though. X3

I mean, I'm not sure I'd be openly against signing up for this. I'm just kinda confused about the system, but more importantly I'm confused about the premise of the stories. So each is like... a paranormal themed storyline with its own hook and whatnot? And none of the stories are connected, right?

I mean, I'm not sure I'd be openly against signing up for this. I'm just kinda confused about the system, but more importantly I'm confused about the premise of the stories. So each is like... a paranormal themed storyline with its own hook and whatnot? And none of the stories are connected, right?

Not connected initially, but they will be joined up in time.

The system is easier to grok than you might think.

Each character is intended to fulfill a particular archetype.  I know Anomaly has been spoiled somewhere along the way, so I might as well put it like this.

Have you seen Doctor Strange yet?  Essentially each character is someone who will awaken to the true nature of reality and derive powers from it. 

Tbh I have no idea what I'm doing or what is happening and I'm still managing to enjoy it. X3

Well if you gave me a scenario for an open slot I'd be willing to wedge a character in there and see how it fits.

They're thematic scenarios rather than clear-cut ones.  Here.

“This is very simple, alright? It’s a demon. Yes, a real one. You didn’t look at the plans very hard when this place was built, did you? Course not. Some clever sod built the 13th floor in just the right configuration to conjure summat up, and now it wants you, among other things. If you don’t want it to get you, you will stand in that circle and be very still. I’ll take care of the rest.”

Tarot Signifier: The Devil

Mystery Card: Temperance

Keywords: Confrontation & Transgression

“Once, we ruled in Atlantis. We sought to challenge the Divine, and so we were scourged from the earth. A blow so terrible it tore a great Abyss in reality and left our world Fallen. We who are so touched by God must control our hubris and understand that this is a gift given unto us. And it must be used accordingly.”

Tarot Signifiers: The Hierophant, The High Priestess

Mystery Card: Strength.

Keywords: Power & Command

“As above, so below. The view from Axis Mundi is infinite, you understand. Kill the god, and the river dies. Bind the river, and the god sickens. As moves one, so must the other. Realize, then, that I may push to see your cancer return. Take your bulldozers away from this sacred place, or suffer.”

Tarot Signifier: The Hermit

Mystery Card: The Moon

Keywords: Boundaries & Intercession

Hmm... Think I could get in on the second one? I'm rather curious to see how that one pans out.

Hmm... Think I could get in on the second one? I'm rather curious to see how that one pans out.

Sure thing. All I ask is that the character is the kind of person to pursue mysteries, whether scientific, theological, or old fashioned unsolved crimes.  Just come up with the character and we can work from there.

@Anomaly Before we proceed, time to give Beth her mechanical upgrades. I'm guess you have somehow come into possession of the book?

Users who are viewing this thread