• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 『The Fallen Witch and The Cursed Knight』

supermartinbros

❝My wings have broken off and I keep falling...❞
Roleplay Type(s)
❝In a fairytale no one remembers there once was a brave Knight who was asked to defeat a evil witch who harassed the humans, they battled many times, and often they could never find the motive to finish each other. One fateful day the witch cast a spell on the Knight which she would forever regret... The curse of fate... But no one knows where they truly are, it is simply a fairytale. Or was it?❞
TUESDAY, October 11 2022
Cordelia Sybil

High school just started, more like it was still in the first trimester, life was hectic and busy. It wasn't like everybody was free, but everybody seemed to already have found their friends, while a certain browned haired girl looked at everyone's shoes, Nikes, Adidas, Pumas, many high heels for girls, or boots. The certin red-eyes girl avoided eye contact with anyone making sure to reach her home room, though she had met some nice people in drama club none of them seem to reach out to her. Perhaps she had to reach out first, but in any case, shoulders slid into each other the constant rhythm of feet walking against the hard floor echoed against the brown haired girl's ears. A stranger bumped into the girl strong enough for all her notebooks to scatter across the ground, feeling herself blush she looked away. The people gazed, but they never help. She reached out for her notebooks, a few people not even minding if they even kicked them across the hallway.

Cordelia bit her lip, people could be so insensitive. Grabbing her last notebook she rushed to her class. Just as she entered the room the bell rang, Mr. Copper looked at Cordelia with narrowed eyes, she did make it on time. Did she not? She hated that the teacher didn't trust, did she look that unworthy of trust. "Where were you Ms. Sybil?" the teacher asked returning his desk. Cordelia looked down at her feet, feeling hot sweat rise on her neck, forehead, back and hands. "My... my notebooks fell to the ground sir." she mumbled, dropping her head to the ground. The teacher just sighed waving his hand. "Go to your seat." he mumbled. Cordelia could hear a few muffled snorts and snickers from a few people.

It's been less that three weeks, and yet she gets picked on the teacher? Cordelia bit her tongue. She wouldn't say anything, they would only get more ticked off. The class went by quite smoothly, transitioning to a few classes until it was lunch break. Freedom was what Cordelia loved. Especially away from teachers, no matter wherever she went teachers always seemed to be suspicious of her. What did she do to deserve this? Grabbing her lunch she sat in a quiet and more isolated place. Just then two girls, Hanna and Kelly walked in. One was a fair skinned girl with bright sky blue eyes, with dark, dirty blonde hair, while the other girl had wheatish skin color, and freckles all across her body with ebony black hair. Cordelia missed her friends, they were the only people who truly cared about her. "Kelly, Hanna, how was class?" Cordelia asked, her smile small but joyful, Hanna and Kelly both smiled wrapping their hands around each other's shoulders.

"We got us some boys tonight~" Kelly sung, her bright white teeth shining Cordelia's smile fell. What did she mean by that? Hanna smiled, her cheeks flushed, she nodded.

"We asked some boys numbers and we'll meet up with them tonight!" Hanna squealed hugging Kelly. Cordelia forced a smile, she felt her heart hammer. Did they forget that she had her job today? Perhaps not. That didn't matter. She tried to feel happy for her two friends but all she felt was fear, and the feeling of being shunned again. "You can go, right?" Kelly asked, as she looked at her manicured nails which were painted in a hot bright pink and purple.

"Yup... I can go... Where is it at?" Cordelia gulped, feeling her nervousness built in. Kelly gave a smirk before handing a little note and winking, "Here." though her friends seemed overjoyed Cordelia couldn't help but want to leave the table at the moment.

Sam136 Sam136

While one young girl worried over her friends and what they thought, a certain young albino seemed to approach life with the complete opposite viewpoint.

"If you have no intention of giving it your best then you have no place here. Simple talent is hardly enough, the drama club expects dedication and effort. If you are incapable of that do not bother returning"

A senior member of the drama club, one Walter Loch, chastises the new girl. They had a certain reputation one could say. They were not truly a perfectionist, but it was a close thing. Mistakes were acceptable, Laziness was not.

They watch the girl leave without a word, angry tears in her eyes. This was not the first person he'd chased off for the role.

"Don't you think that was a bit too much Walter?"

The voice comes from behind, sounding tired. It gave the impression of being used to these antics and having to deal with them. Jeffrey, one of the more experienced stage hands, a reliable and likeable sort. The kind of person to get along with anyone. Also his friend for some reason.

"It was absolutely necessary. The girl had let her role get to her head. She seemed to be under the false impression that the value of her role allowed her to Lord over the rest of the team. I disabused her of the notion"

He speaks without looking, eyes scanning over the script in his hand. He doubted that girl would be coming back, he needed a replacement. Who would fit though? The club had many other talents female actors but they just did not seem to click for this role to Walter. Beggars could not be choosers though, he had to pick someone at least. They put away the papers, he had some time before coming to a decision. He would see who to give the role to.

A sigh catches his attention. They turn back to see Jeffrey looking almost exhausted. That exhaustion quite quickly turns to frustration and green eyes glare at him.

"No. No it wasn't Walter. Was Amanda a pain? Yes. Did you have to berate her that much? Absolutely bloody not"

And just like that the anger seems to fade away. Jeffrey sighs again, anger just wasn't an emotion the gentle giant was fond of. They look at Walter again, they're not glaring but the look in his eyes shows they're serious.

"Look Walter, I get it. You don't really mean to sound like that. You just say what comes to mind, you don't really mean to hurt anyone… but you do. Half the people in school think you're a jerk, the other half… well the best they'll say about you is that you're eccentric"

The albino frowns. The brunette's words were not unwarranted but they found themselves being annoyed regardless. Beside he didn't ca-

"And before you say you don't care what people think of you, may I remind you that your actions reflect on the rest of us? What everyone thinks of the vice president, they end up thinking the same about the rest of us", Jeffrey says cutting Walter off.

Absolute silence. Ironically that's what reminds the two they aren't alone. The entire club had paused whatever it was doing to stare. It wasn't everyday that the draconian vice president was the one being scolded.

~~~

Walter passes Jeffrey their can of soda. The brown haired boy nods in thanks but doesn't drink. The two of them had decided their conversation was better off continued somewhere private. Walter takes a sip while their partner seems content to play around with the can.

"If you had no intention to drink you could have told me beforehand. It would have saved me sixty cents", he says in a deadpan.

They wince but crack the can open. They were drinking though it was rather clear their thoughts were elsewhere.

"Walter I'm-"

"Do not"

Walter interrupts them without even looking. Jeffrey pauses awkwardly at the sudden action. Walter doesn't respond, not immediately that is.

"I will accept no apologies. You were correct. I have not acted as befitting of my role. It is a bitter pill but one I must accept nonetheless"

Another pause.

"Thank you"

The two sit in silence like that. Jeffrey is the one to break the tension as they let out a little snort out at Walter's declaration.

"You sound way too formal for a highschooler buddy. Sometimes it feels like you've been plucked from a different time period entirely", they say with a smirk.

"Hmph. It is simply how I prefer to speak. It is of no concern of yours how I sound so long as I am following all the expected social etiquette", the albino answers with a huff.

"Sorry! I was just teasing", they say with a grin.

Walter magnanimously forgives Jeffrey's mockery and the two settle down in a comfortable silence. The friendship between the two had often surprised people, what with them being apparent polar opposites, but Jeffrey strangely enough found Walter's absolute bluntness endearing. They could be way, way too harsh sometimes but you always knew where you stood with him. It might not seem like much but it's a Trait you come to appreciate if you've seen how fake some people can be. Walter on the other hand simply liked having someone who he could talk to without worrying about them being upset, and Jeffrey had thick skin if nothing else.

"You know… I think I have an idea. An idea on how to improve your social skills. Remember what I talked to you about a few days ago?"

That caught him off guard. He almost choked on his drink too. Walter coughs a little, cola dripped onto his shirt. They frown but elect to deal with it later. They look at Jeffrey. What idea-

"No", they say in an instant.

"Oh come on! Hear me out!"

"No, I know where you're going with this. And I already told you before, I have no interest in this 'group date' of yours. I also see absolutely no relation to it and our current due"

"Oh? Are you sure about that? Seems to me that your problem is that you have a hard time expressing yourself socially and what better way to deal with that then exposure? Besides, I think it'd do you good to try something like this for once"

Walter frowns, they really didn't like that idea.

~~~

Jeffrey though could be a very charismatic individual. It's the only reason Walter found himself sitting next to them at some diner. Well, them and Rodrick. The spectacled boy gives Walter a polite wave and a smile. Walter responds in kind though with demonstrably less enthusiasm. The bespectacled blonde wasn't a bad sort but they were at best the friend of a friend. Walter didn't know them enough to really say much.

The albino frowns and takes a look at the menu to pass the time. He hopes these supposed girls Jeffrey talked about would show up already so he can get this charade over with.

❝In a fairytale no one remembers there once was a brave Knight who was asked to defeat a evil witch who harassed the humans, they battled many times, and often they could never find the motive to finish each other. One fateful day the witch cast a spell on the Knight which she would forever regret... The curse of fate... But no one knows where they truly are, it is simply a fairytale. Or was it?❞
TUESDAY, October 11 2022
Cordelia Sybil

Kelly and Hanna were the ones who always seemed to be popular at everything they tried, like in 7th grade they were the first ones to have their hair dyed into another color, like hot pink and bright purple. Now that they were styling for boys, who knew how far they would take it. The blonde took it far by wearing a scarlet red crop top, and some shorts which were way too short while she put on full make-up on her face, on the other hand Hanna seemed to have a more casual look, and had a loose carton with a jade green shirt and some easy going light blue jeans. Cordelia on the other hand had no need to dress up. Easily just wearing her simple plain jacket and some baggy jeans.

Once they entered the restaurant there were three hot guys sitting in the chairs, and immediately Cordelia could tell Kelly liked for one of them. Hanna on the hand stood neutral, how were these two friends in a good relationship considering they were so different in a few things. As soon as Kelly‘s eyes met with one of the boys she gave one of her most charming smiles. “Hi.” She said in a sweet voice she uses for boys. Hann just kept a natural hi to everyone while Cordelia looked away.This was quite frankly to be put useless, all of them were in high school, there was no need to meet boys or anything.

Kelly immediately sat down and the two girls did the same after, “I’m sorry we made you guys wait.” She said sympathetically, looking down, Hanna smiled awkwardly nodding before moving the conversation on, “How are you guys anyway?” She asked, Kelly looked at her with angry eyes as if telling her to butt out or something like that was my line.

Whatever case Cordelia kept her eyes away from the boys into the kitchen interior, there were a few other customers and the waiters seemed not busy but not too free either, as one of the customers kept yelling somewhere farther in the restaurant about his food being lukewarm, and the waiter apologizing so many times, watching TV was much more funnier than being here, whatever the boys and her friends had to say Cordelia had no interest only looking at the far distance of the scenery of the window.

Sam136 Sam136

It takes him only a moment to notice their presence. It's not hard, the two young ladies with the brightly dyed hair were hard to ignore. Walter would not judge but if one were to ask him he would admit he found the colours a bit strange. Though he was in no position to talk about exotic hair colours, his own hair was a unique silver blonde. You would think he was an albino if you missed the eyes, a deep blue instead of the expected Ruby red.

Walter turns away from the two and looks back to his menu. He did not wish to be rude but he had already written the two off. They were not his type, too… too loud? Bright? He's not sure. Too much something at least. He would leave them to Jeremy and Rodrick. Those two had more interest in such endeavours then him.

Holding back a sigh, Walter puts the menu down. He did not enjoy this, he would much rather be somewhere else instead of on some kind of group date with strangers. Yet, he was the one who agreed to it. Jeremy had insisted but he was the one who ultimately made the choice and he was not the kind of person to go back on his word.

Walter looks at the trio again. The other two seemed to have settled for conversing with his partners. Perhaps they had noticed Walter's disinterest, or perhaps Jeremy and Rodrick were just much more physically appealing. It didn't really matter. It made things easier he supposed, He didn't have to waste time deciding who to talk to. Walter turns over to the plain one and-

Doesn't say a word. In an instant his body becomes still as a statue. His eyes peer into the girl with a frightening intensity.

"You… who are you?"

He knew her. But he didn't. Didn't he? No. He had never met her in his life. So, why did that face seem so damn familiar?

His heart was racing he notices. If he was a more romantic person maybe he'd have thought of it as something as saccharine as love at first sight. Couldn't be, love didn't come with a dosage of fear and tension did it?

A drop of blood hits the table. He'd bit his lip without realising. Walter blinks and the moment vanishes just as suddenly as it had appeared.

"Apologies if I startled you ma'am. I do not know what came over me"

They say rubbing the cut with a napkin. He was back to his old self. Still, the memory of that moment of deja vu would be stuck in his head for a long while.

TUESDAY, October 11 2022
Cordelia Sybil

Bright red eyes locked into the blue eyes, the boy asked who she was. At that moment Cordelia sensed a great deal of both a mix of fear and dislike, she didn’t know why, she didn’t know him, never met him. Yet… he was so familiar, in so many aspects, something about him reminded of her of a certain person. A person which she could not recall. Just then a crimson drop of liquid fell on the table, the moment being btoken and Cordelia’s eyes widening with surprise.

“Are you alright?” she asked, clearly in shock. The moment which she had with the man was strange but at the moment she seemed more confused and worried than the intimidating tension she gave off. “That’s alright sir.” she told him, before continuing looking directly away from his eyes, still it fell strange to talk to this stranger, some odd sensation which made her heart pound faster, she thought it was nervousness… perhaps even fear, she had no idea what it was though.

After a moment of consideration she responded to his question though in a more quiet fashion. "My name is Cordelia, and yours?" she asked, her eyes narrowed, skeptically, more confusion was shown on her facial expression. Kelly looked at her friend with a stink eye before butting in and talking to Walter, “Is it true you do acting? Is there a play where we can audition?” Cordelia rolled her eyes looking in the distance again, clearly losing interest in talking to the boy, but she was also thankful. The awkward moment between them set Cordelia off. Of course she didn’t mind, Hanna chattering away with one of the boys, while Kelly seemed to want to bathe in Walter's attention.

Sam136 Sam136

That didn't seem right. Why would she of all people show any empathy to him? He and that witch were anything but friends.

Walter blinks. Witch? That was a strange way to describe the girl and sure they may not have been friends but the two of them didn't have any history either. What was going on here.

"I am well, thank you for the concern", they respond without much thought.

"Cordelia…"

The name meant nothing to him. He wasn't sure what to think of that, was that good? Bad? He couldn't say.

"Walter. Walter Loch"

A simple response to her question. Walter wasn't particularly chatty with strangers, and recent events were not exactly helping. No, all their attention was on the girl. A strange tension filled his body as he dealt with mixed signals. This cordelia was just some shy girl, hardly a danger or anything and yet another part of his mind screamed at him not to let his guard down.

Walter blinks in surprise when one of her friends gets into his face. Pushing away the light frown the male looks to her with a polite if neutral expression.

"You would be correct. There are tryouts for an old folk tale. You've heard of the tale of the witch and the knight? The last witch quit, if you so wish you may audition for the part"

Walter considers telling her not to bother trying but decides not to. See Jeffrey, he could learn.

"I'm playing the knight", they add after a small pause.

"You know you could stand to sound a bit more excited about the part Walter", another voice pipes in.

It was Jeffrey, Walter had almost forgotten they were there.

"It's actually strange. It's your best role by far but simultaneously the one you seem the least interested in"

Walter glances at his friend, eyebrow raised. Why did they care anyway? He supposed it didn't matter, it was an innocent question.

"Being skilled in something does not mean enjoying it. The character of the knight is one I can grasp intuitively. That does not mean I like them. No, that would be underselling it. I rather dislike the character, they're hardly anything special", Walter scoffs.

And just like that both Jeffrey and Walter seem to lose interest in everyone else and talk more about the club and play. Everyone else would get lost once they start going into the more technical aspects.

TUESDAY, October 11 2022
Cordelia Sybil

The moment the name Walter came into her ears, Cordelia's initial response was surprise. Why was she concerned for him? He was trying to kill her! Cordelia snapped her thoughts, confused by herself. Sure, she didn't know this man... But why would he kill her? She did nothing to him. Why was she so... So guarded around this man? She could feel fear and tension rise. Sure, Cordelia was never a big fan of talking to others, but this felt... different. A sense of fear flooding the girl's chest. The moment her friend pushed in, usually she would fear slight irritation in her, but all she felt was relief from being released into taking with Walter.

Kelly's eyes smirked. She was already aiming to try out for the play. Cordelia knew Kelly wanted to be a winner in everything. She wanted to do sports, she wanted to win. If she did music she would make it look tip top notch. But if it got too hard, she would give up. "When are the auditions?" she asked, smiling. She would try to snatch the role for the witch to get closer to Walter perhaps... Cordelia looked up to Kelly. "I think I would like to join..." she whispered. Kelly turned around with a confused face before rolling her eyes. She sighed giving Cordelia a fake sympathizing face, "I don't think you'll ever make it. Just saying." she told her in a matter-of-factly voice.

Cordelia looked at Walter's conversation. Somehow... The witch sounded... sad. She didn't know why but why did it bring such nostalgia to her? Because she read the fairytale as a child and begun crying? She didn't remember what the reason was. But all she could remember was her mother comforting her. The conversation between Walter and another boy continued how he was the best at his role, but it did not seem important to him... But to be honest Cordelia felt... She didn't know what feeling currently was swirling in her chest. Just that, the Knight felt more shining than the witch.

Hanna wasn't involved with the play but seemed to be enjoying the conversation. Cordelia took in a bit more of a louder voice to notify Walter. What was this odd sense of de ja vu? "I would like to audition for the witch." she told the boy, looking at his blue eyes. Somehow something about the witch sought her. Kelly rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed by her friend.
Sam136 Sam136

The strange sensation had passed, for the moment at least. The memory of it was still very much there, so interacting with the girl felt… strange. That wasn't important though. He'll put away those feelings for now and analyse his thoughts in private.

Cutting the talk with Jeffrey short, Walter switches his attention to the girls. Cordelia and the other was a Kelly, he thinks? The names weren't too important, them being potential replacements now that was much more relevant.

"A week from now. Do not feel afraid to make the attempt. The drama club is not a place that will make a mockery of those doing their best. That is one thing I do not budge on. It does not matter how good an actor one is, if their personality is a problem they will be leaving sooner or later"

Walter glances at Kelly when he says the last part. It was a polite way, for him, to tell her to behave.

"I can share the script. Both of you are welcome to give it a try"

TUESDAY, October 11 2022
Cordelia Sybil

Cordelia did her best not to feel fear and worry around the man... But why would she be so fearful of him? How strange. Life was truly difficult. Perhaps she had seen him before... A long time ago... and he must've been scary at the time. Now, that seemed like a perfect reason. She let her guard down slightly, her muscles relaxing for a second, slightly. her shoulders going down as if she had held her breath the whole time.

"A week from now?" Kelly shrieked slightly, before calming herself down. "Sorry. But sounds fun... maybe a bit easy." she whispered the last part making sure it didn't pass to anyone's ears. Kelly smiled, clearly trying her best to impress the boys, Hanna seemed to enjoy everyone's presence however. Trying to make the best out of it. But once she heard the personality part her smile faltered for a bit but then she looked at Cordelia, sympathy was what reflected but inside scorn was all there was.

Apparently the glance Walter gave clearly did not reach the girl as she simply looked the other way, talking to one of the other boys and her friend, Hanna. Cordelia remained silent. Her red eyes blinking softly as she analyzed the situation. When he mentioned script Cordelia was the first one to ask, "May... May I see it?" she asked, calmly and quietly. Kelly then grinned and then told the white-haired boy, "Perhaps me and Cordelia can have a shot at looking at the script and acting out the witch? How do you think Walter?" she asked, her bright blue eyes looking into his blue eyes.

Cordelia mentally shuddered the moment when she called him by his name. It was strange for her to call someone's name when they are just a stranger. Well, honestly she knew she was probably the only who thought that way. "Sounds like a good plan Kelly." she mumbled. Kelly shot her one of the blonde girl 100 watt smiled before turning back to Walter.

Sam136 Sam136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back