• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Fall of Utopia

Elle Joyner

Fracturer of Fairytales
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-fall-of-utopia.58555/#post-1134506

Reopening this RP - It's a DETAILED Rp with a three paragraph minimum -- If you're interested, PM me or reply to this thread :)

_________

In the year 2096, when America’s population skyrocketed and the quality of life began to suffer greatly, a man name Ezra Kohlman, and his team of elite scientific minds, came forward with the concept for a new nationwide method of survival. He called the project Utopia and guaranteed in only a matter of years the United States would see a change.

He was right. In the worst possible way, he was right.

Some saw the project for it was, early on… genocide. But those who dared to speak up were mysteriously silenced. After Ezra was given full government funding and control, Project Utopia swung into full effect.

His first operation, after gaining control was to annihilate any potential threats and weaknesses within the country. This included politicians, convicts and felons, the ill or disabled, those unable to procreate and anyone over the age of fifty-five. Over three forths of the population, all based entirely on Ezra’s statistical data were rounded up by Ezra’s appointed militia, a massive force he had built up in preparation for his reimagined society. Those deemed unmanageable were tagged with a genetically encoded virus, resulting in a vegetative mental state and eventually, complete brain death.

The remaining one forth were gathered together in what was New York, now referred to simply as The City. Surroundings them, a massive invisible, impenetrable dome-like fortification was built, called The Pinnacle. Outside of this, the few who had escaped the initial devastation remained cut off from all possible means of survival.

With his city built and fortified,Ezra put into process what he referred to as a Societal Awareness and Logistics Test, also known as SALT. This test would determine one’s position or occupation, as well as deciding whether or not the participant was a risk to the society Ezra was building – anyone over the age of thirteen was required to participate. The test would include a written and oral exam, a practical exam, as well as full medical diagnostics exam. Should any part of the test be failed, the participant would be sterilized and sentenced to work the massive underground beneath The City. Along with the test, Ezra employed a mandatory age restriction, determining that by a certain age if a person became unable to function for the benefit of society, they would be permitted to choose the method by which they were humanly euthanized. Along with the test, Ezra enacted a decree forbidding unlawful marriage or union. Instead, one’s mate would be determined based solely on biological and social compatibility at the age of thirteen. Each paring would be permitted two offspring, before being chemically sterilized, to prevent over-population.

For many years these atrocities went unchecked, unpunished… but in all societies, Utopia included, there is always unrest. Now, over a decade since the inception of Ezra Kohlman's society, building just beneath the surface, deep in the hearts of men and women throughout the The City, a revolution is stirring...

Wow! i would love to participate if you would grant me the opportunity. Thanks!

I am just going to pipe up and say that Elle is a great storyteller with a knack for creative, detailed plots. If you've been craving for an RP that is more of everything, you've found the right thing. I've been playing RPs for many years nowm and unfortunately I do not have the time to hop into one of Elle's plots myself, but she is decidely one of the best, if not the best Storyteller I've come across. Even if this particular plot doesn't strike your fancy, she has many others that are well-worth checking out. If you're looking for immersive, detailed storytelling, give this a shot! You won't regret it :)

@Elle Joyner just wanted to contribute a little and help with the exposure. You deserve it.

I like the premise! Question though: is there a required posting rate? I'm busy enough nowadays that once or twice a week is my norm.

I typically always ask for at least once a week - but it's a rather slower paced RP :) I'm a mom of a toddler, so I can't really dedicate time to fast paced things. xD

(I'll add you to the PM!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back