• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [CLOSED] the fall of tokyo [small group rp]

bambino

me? rebranding on rpn? i would never!

• the fall of tokyo.

♡design by hekaton, coded by uxie♡

THE FALL OF TOKYO
Tokyo, modern day.

The world of Yokai--spirits and supernatural entities--has long been sealed away, forgotten by humanity. Their stories still exist, but sighting of them are rare. After all, the connection between the human world and its supernatural underbelly has grown weak, leaving little room for travel between them.

Of course, there are always places where time and space is warped, where the connection is a little stronger, the distance between worlds growing thin.

The story begins with three human college students who decide to take a test of courage. Together, they sneak into an abandoned shrine in the countryside, the dilapidated building holding something strangely free of rust and age inside--a katana, that seems to have rested there for as long as the shrine has been standing. One of these students decides to take the final step towards the brink and pull it out of its case.

In an instant, the air changes, and suddenly these three humans find themselves being pursued by the fierce yokai that they've unleashed, the owner of the blade. They flee back to Tokyo, where they find the true consequences of their actions--

The yokai has created a rift between worlds, right in their home city, now overrun by dangerous supernatural beings.

But all hope is not lost. Amidst the chaos, a clan of peaceful kitsune have been tasked with the protection of humankind. Three kitsune are sent to the three humans to set their wrongs right, and return the two worlds to where they belong.

ROLES
Humans (2/3) - The college students whose actions plunged the city into chaos.
Kitsune (2/3) - The kitsune tasked with setting things right, with the humans' help.

RULES
I'm looking for either two people to double up on roles or five people to take one role each. Let me know what you'd prefer to do if you reply to this interest check! Other than that, I don't have many rules that aren't obvious. Diversity of any kind is encouraged, discord will most likely be required for ooc, and don't be a dick. Oh, and I'm open to any kind of faceclaims, so I'll leave that up to the group when we have some players. That's all!

Last edited:
Oh man I'm super interested! I wouldn't mind playing either role. Both seem really interesting. Also, what are you thinking about how to play the bag yokai that are after the group? Particularly the big bad (i.e. the original owner of the sword?) Oh man I love this theme so much lol.

Oh man I'm super interested! I wouldn't mind playing either role. Both seem really interesting. Also, what are you thinking about how to play the bag yokai that are after the group? Particularly the big bad (i.e. the original owner of the sword?) Oh man I love this theme so much lol.
thank you for your interest! so i don't really have a major idea of who the big bad is gonna be tbh agsdfg in the source material that i'm very vaguely basing this off of, it was a nekomata, so we could go that route? maybe some kind of oni... anyway, while we'll plot what happens with them together, i think i'll probably take on the role of playing most of the bad guys. unless someone in the group is interested in playing them of course!

Oooh, interesting. Sounds good, sounds good. And I totally wouldn't mind helping out with playing some of the baddies if you need the assistance. If, y'know, I'm accepted and everything lmao. I could easily play a few characters for this kind of story. I'll be moderate though. I need to think up a first character lol.

dominos, you really out here with the rps I NEED. I'm definitely interested! Also the invite to the discord has expired, so you may wanna update that.

dominos, you really out here with the rps I NEED. I'm definitely interested! Also the invite to the discord has expired, so you may wanna update that.
KAKEMHA !!

so here’s the deal- we’ve currently hit the 6 players we need in the discord, so i expired the link. however i don’t see an issue with taking on one or two more players! i’ll pm the link to you so you can join ^^

KAKEMHA !!

so here’s the deal- we’ve currently hit the 6 players we need in the discord, so i expired the link. however i don’t see an issue with taking on one or two more players! i’ll pm the link to you so you can join ^^
sure sure, i honestly don't mind not joining, i'd be happy to help you plot things and such, i just really love this concept!

Ah, seems like I found this a bit too late, huh? Best of luck with the game, though~
we're actually open to one more player! i'm gonna cut it off for sure at 8, but if you'd like to join as our final player i can pm you the discord link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back