• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Given the close quarters I'll probably withhold the daiklave until we have an idea of who we're dealing with. Otherwise the Mist would be more annoying than helpful.

Since assessing viability of Mist is important, and spacial awareness in general, I'll lay out the scene plainly, and hopefully clearly.

Lengthwise from entrance to the back false wall is roughly 3 range bands. Side to side is roughly two, give or take due to actual positioning. If you were looking in through the front door, you all would be positioned in the back right corner of the room. There are evenly spaced columns throughout, with drapery and cushions for lounging. No chairs, but small raised tables that might have bottles or hookahs on them. About half of the back wall is the false wall/door that is swinging out into the room, opening to the left. The casks on the remaining portion of the wall are real. Long wooden bar along the left wall, with bottles behind it. Feel free to add detail within the milieu as we go.

Whatever your political party affiliation, make sure you get out and vote tomorrow in the U.S. midterm elections. Perform your civic right and let your voice be heard!

magnificentmomo magnificentmomo How're the timelines looking? I think Sayan's perfectly fine with spending some extra time with Yasinim, but I don't want to hold up the group.

It'd be so convenient if I weren't the only one with Wind-Carried Words Technique ;)

Well, the exact particulars depend on how their fight goes, but I wouldn't say you are in danger of holding up anything just yet.

I can work with either scenario, if you want to stay, or if you left shortly there wouldn't be an extreme delay in getting you in to the other scene.

magnificentmomo magnificentmomo How're the timelines looking? I think Sayan's perfectly fine with spending some extra time with Yasinim, but I don't want to hold up the group.

It'd be so convenient if I weren't the only one with Wind-Carried Words Technique ;)
I understand, but no free excellencies makes it hard to make room for luxuries like telepathic messaging. Also that Linguistics is a mundane skill that most characters will never make use of outside of said charm. Just hard to sell it to folks with martial concepts.

I understand, but no free excellencies makes it hard to make room for luxuries like telepathic messaging. Also that Linguistics is a mundane skill that most characters will never make use of outside of said charm. Just hard to sell it to folks with martial concepts.
Maybe I'm coming from a biased group, but most martial Dynasts are in the Legion, and in a battle, instant communication wins far, far more fights than, say, +4 damage. Wind-Carried Words is just so useful to basically any Exalt I can think of that it's high on my list regardless of anything else. Also, it's only 1 dot of Linguistics.

It's on my list of things to get, but wasn't high enough to get at character creation, with other things that were more important from the character perspective. Heck, I don't even have a Melee Charm...

Maybe I'm coming from a biased group, but most martial Dynasts are in the Legion, and in a battle, instant communication wins far, far more fights than, say, +4 damage. Wind-Carried Words is just so useful to basically any Exalt I can think of that it's high on my list regardless of anything else. Also, it's only 1 dot of Linguistics.
In my particular case, my reasoning was thus... anyone he would have needed to communicate with is on board his ship or outside of 2 miles by far, so things that played to his role and station took priority. Given that this character's gimmick needed a lot of buy-in for the real payoff, it was a sacrifice that needed to be made in the short term.

Sorry! I'll do that here now.

Or I would if the die roller was working.....

The die roller is down. So you want to roll for us in the meantime?

Looks like the die roller is back. I'll post my hit here.

Two successes

Not exactly. Busy few weeks. Rough On Call week, and then a bunch to do with Thanksgiving (it's big in my family, and we hosted in our new house for the first time), then sick kids, sick wife, and sick dog, who just got a few more days to live from the vet.

I won't say when I'll post because inevitably something will come up, but soon.

I have been there with the sick wife, kids and pet, so I feel some of the pain you are going through. Don't worry about us; we can wait for Real Life to ease up a bit for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back