• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
magnificentmomo magnificentmomo How large is the city of Fajad? In particular, is Yasinim Taraq's compound within 1 mile? (Recall that medieval cities were much smaller than modern ones. The furthest distance two people could be from each other and still be within London in 1300, for instance, was just under a mile.)

So, that old map I posted earlier is actually of Istanbul painted in the 1400s, and most of that infrastructure goes back a little farther than the painting.

Rough approximation would have the compound about a mile away, half of that being water.

Sherwood Sherwood I'll have Mei reaffirm having no knolwedge about the woman in a moment, but I would also probably bundle it with the scene transition. Assume no one has anything else before we are on the road?

Esbilon Esbilon safe to assume Sayan would have a private ferry?
or would this warrant a stormwind rider from Rykon Rykon ?
Or would you all settle that IC?

Also, found another good IC map, slightly larger-
View media item 37412
The market and docks where we began is on the waterfront closest to the center of the image. I'd have pegged Sayan's manse towards the end of the peninsula, near the prince's palace and all that. We are heading across the little channel. The tower jutting out at the top would obviously be much taller for The Spire.

Mmm, I certainly think she'd have a ship of some kind, not sure ferry is the right word, though. Seems to limited in scope.

I'll take silence as a vote against Stormwind Rider.

Would you all be interested in an RP scene to yourselves as the five of you cross the water on Sayan's vessel. A little more time to get acclimated and IC discuss what's going on, theories and plans, maybe?

If not we could just quick-cut to corpses. Just trying to get an idea of what we want.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Either way, I will enjoy playing Tomiko and relating to the other characters. I'm just looking forward to doing some Investigative rolls with the Charms I have for her.

Alys is more in tune with making the corpses than looking them over, so I'm there to be the bodyguard for our Sherlock Holmes of Tomiko to get some info. Go with what works best for you.

magnificentmomo magnificentmomo I have a question about the artifact armor that I have. In the 2e book of Scroll of the Fallen Races, there is a suit of armor called the Obsidian Sheath. It gives 10L/10B Defense with 5 Hardness, and has an Attunement cost of 7m. Here is its write-up if you don't have that book:
OBSIDIAN SHEATH (ARTIFACT ••••)
This unusual armor looks like a suit of articulated plate carved from shining black stone trimmed in orichalcum, and it provides the magical material bonuses for orichalcum armor when properly attuned. While based primarily on Dragon King crystal technology, it was originally developed with the aid of the Jadeborn
Mountain Folk. It was only worn by the elite troops of the Dragon Kings, and all suits are marked with an orichalcum sunburst in the middle of the breastplate, symbolizing the wearer’s devotion to the Unconquered Sun. When attuned, the armor not only acts like a second skin, it also boosts the wearer’s Strength and mobility. The armor automatically increases the wearer’s Strength by 3. In addition, in combat, the wearer adds four yards per tick to move actions and eight yards per tick to dash actions. When walking long distances, the wearer can march at a speed of 15 miles per hour, covering up to 210 miles in a day. If the Dragon King can fly, he gains adds four yards per tick to move actions and eight yards per tick to dash actions while flying and can fly at speeds of up to 100
miles per hour.

Since we have not yet gone into combat and I have not activated any of the Evocations for the armor I have, could I swap out my current pick for a suit of this? Later on, we can try to come up with some reasonable Evocations for it, assuming I even need to.

A person in a lot of games here like I am should be more careful in whom I tag in my posts. I'm getting my storytellers confused with one another. :lennyslash: Silly me.

Did you have a brain fart? I can relate. I sometimes have to do a double check on the posts I'm making, since I have so many games under my belt, too.

I'm sure we can work something out. We can convert it to the appropriate 3e statblock, (I haven't referenced 2e in a long time, so I'm not sure if those values are close to artifact medium or artifact heavy values), and maybe just come up with a quick attunement bonus and go from there.

What about the Obsidian Sheath speaks to you that Mela's Coils doesn't? I liked that Mela's Coil was a wink and a nod non-magitech version of the Air Immaculate Dragon armor, and I'm actually planning to submit a question/challenge around this armor to the Deliberative Podcast based on the comparison.

The Strength boost that it provides, along with the added maneuverability. Mela's Coil is a great suit of armor, but Alys has been pushing herself to be stronger all of her life, and having armor that increases her Str even more would be a natural grab for her.

IIRC, the Sheath gives slightly less armor protection compared to other Heavy armor from 2e, and it does have the higher Attunement cost that keeps it from being a 5 dot item.

Artifact Articulated Plate gives +12L/+14B, and 8 Hardness normally before any Attunement bonuses. That would add +2 L and B soak and +1 Hardness.

And don't forget that in the Errata the costs of Superheavy Plate was reduced to just 3 dots. So, in my opinion, tweaking the Obsidian Sheath armor to have the same protection as Heavy armor in 3e would be in line with the spirit of the armor.

So, stat wise, the armor falls in between Medium and Heavy in its Defense before any Attunement bonuses. Those bonuses would put it into the Heavy armor block. The next question is the cost to buy it, hearthstone sockets and mobility penalty. My vote would be for a solid 4 dots, and we can come up with some decent Evocations later.

Doesn't the Obsidian Sheath armor have a 0 mobility penalty and fatigue penalty in 2e? That should translate over, since it provides the extra movement.

4 dot should be fine, I'd want to check against some comparable effects for the STR/Damage numbers before porting it over, especially as just an attunement bonus. I'm pretty fried from a long day of fatherhood, but if you want to crib effects from 3e artifacts that could expedite the conversion process. IIRC there are some strength related bonuses and evocations for Unison.

edit: I was actually already mulling over Strength enhancement stuff for Mela's Coil, as that is all it really lacks for it to be a conversion of Immaculate Air Dragon armor and I've taken this comparison on as a side project. There is a charm to enhance the strength roll for clinches, so I'd say there is space for evocations that also augment other uses of Strength, would just need to work our the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back