• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
BTW, you should go into the OOC thread start post and edit the links. You don't have the Characters thread link up top, but instead it is a link to the OOC thread again.

I'm still in the process of polishing my character, but I'll have her posted here in a moment.

Also, thanks to Sherwood for letting me use his character sheet format!

Many hours of crunch and research later... I have a character. I rather like how it turned out.

EDIT: Pasting in mechanics with some cleanup should be more or less done. Lemme know if it passes muster.

Last edited:
Zakasuke is going to be in trouble; he's surrounded by lots of pretty girls that will probably look to treat him like a younger brother. I can see us all tormenting him and making Zakasuke wear pretty dresses and make-up!

Just kidding.

I'm interested to see how he will fit in the party dynamic. Feelin pretty good about the spell lineup, but I had to drop a few winners when I noticed the sorcery initiation had 4 Occult charms as a prereq.

Yeah, that's pretty steep, but at least its better than the Solars have it. They can't learn Sorcery until Essence 3.

No, they get Terrestrial at Essence 1 now. I think it scales at E 1 3 and 5 instead of 3 4 and 5 like it did in 2E

So, a Ledaal, a Cathak, a Mnemon, and a Peleps walk into a bar...

Sounds like the start of a joke. Or a coup.

Or a coup.

Probably that one.

So we have little brother sorcerer and mom-monk. I'm interested in Tomiko's life up until now, being 65.

Looking through sheets now and getting a feel for campaign start.

Sherwood Sherwood Given Tomiko's intimacies, do you think they would have been interested in the religion in Fajad even before the wrinkle I'm adding of a new expansionist prophet?

I don't think there have been any overt acts of rebellion just yet, just concern over the growing number of adherents to a heretical faith, so I could see any number of reasons members of the order, legion, thousand scales, or commercial ventures would be dispatched to such a place, even if it is a secondary/tertiary sea-lane.

Psychie Psychie I'm cool with you having Mela's Coil, although I am interested to hear how you came upon it. Not in like a "justify your 5 dot artifact nao plz" way, it can even come up later in play if you haven't quite worked it out, but someone will probably notice you walking around in legendary armor. Not to scare you off it; it is a really cool artifact and I'm looking forward to having it in my game.

Rykon Rykon did you want to have any preliminary talks about your artifact, or more of a deal with that bridge when we cross it kinda thing?

I thought that having Tomiko be a bit older would make sense, since we are starting out at Essence 2, and the long lifespan of the Dragon-Blooded. It took time for her to master her Investigative skills and her Martial Arts abilities, after all. If the age is a little high, I can scale it back some.

I just thought it was interesting, and was curious what their life has been like in the interim, and how that age may affect their outlook. The idea behind starting Essence 2 is that most DBs exalt in their early teens, so by the time they exit secondary school they should be Essence 2. So if age wasn't necessarily a component of the character feel free to excise it.

I'm not trying to micromanage character details, so sorry if it came off that way, just trying to get a feel for the group.

Ah. I will think on this and add some more fluff to her background to go over some of the years since her schooling ended.

Outside of Lightning, Weather, and perhaps spirit or sorcery related effects, I don't have too many solid ideas on building out the evocation tree. I kinda figured it would fit one of the younger characters to have to spend time using and studying the Artifact before getting into specific mechanics of what it should do.

EDIT: As for age though, I thought the E2 was supposed to represent like 18-20 year old Dragon-Blooded since they've generally spent years of rigorous training with essence, unlike Solars who have no training in personal essence use.

Last edited:
As for age though, I thought the E2 was supposed to represent like 18-20 year old Dragon-Blooded since they've generally spent years of rigorous training with essence, unlike Solars who have no training in personal essence use.
No worries. I'll just drop her age a bit. I did want her to be a bit older and more laid back than a typical teenager or someone in their twenties.

It is a Satrapy in the North West, and was previewed in a KS update. It gets namedropped in the Core, and touched on in the Cathak write-up.

@Psychie I'm cool with you having Mela's Coil, although I am interested to hear how you came upon it. Not in like a "justify your 5 dot artifact nao plz" way, it can even come up later in play if you haven't quite worked it out, but someone will probably notice you walking around in legendary armor. Not to scare you off it; it is a really cool artifact and I'm looking forward to having it in my game.
Alys is being groomed to take over the House Cathak legions once she gets older. Because of that, she's been allowed to keep the Daiklave that she used to kill her first Lunar with, and has been gifted with the armor to help her reach her full potential.

No worries. I'll just drop her age a bit. I did want her to be a bit older and more laid back than a typical teenager or someone in their twenties.
I'm not entirely clear on the chargen expectations either, I'm just stating my impression. I'm up for whatever leaning y'all wanna take, it's probably not going to effect my characterization much in terms of actual roleplay.

I know that Vance talked about it at length in the Dev thread, but a quick look in the book the only part that seems to really speak to this intent is the Just Hatched sidebar-
Just Hatched
The rules above are for creating experienced Dragon-Blooded. If you want to play a game featuring newly-Exalted Dragon-Blooded, such as one set in a Realm secondary school, make the following changes to the default character creation:
• Your personal Essence is 1.
• You don’t receive bonus specialties from your background.
• Choose ten dots of Merits. You don’t receive bonus Merits from your background.
• Choose ten Charms.
• Spend 15 Bonus Points.

So, you are an experienced Dragon-Blood who has graduated from secondary school at a minimum. If an older character having the same stats doesn't break your sense of verisimilitude, it won't break mine either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back