What's new

The Fajadi Affair of Descending Fire RY 768 (Exalted 3e Dragon-Blooded) (IC)

Dice System
Exalted 3e
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
Sayan places her own hand on top of Yasinim's and gives the other woman an affectionate smile, "I'm quite alright, darling, I was nowhere near the execution when it happened, I am merely inquiring on behalf of an Imperial Magistrate whom I'd like to think well of me. Though had I been there, I do believe myself to be a match to an angry quadi or two," she adds with the easy confidence of those born to power. "However, I was nearby during an earlier altercation between a number of quadis as well as the deceased and some of their associates. That one was handled by without my direct involvement as well," she finishes and looks entirely unperturbed.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Tomiko eyes the three, and decides to let Alys deal with the large man, so she turns her attention to the one with the fire wand. With blistering speed, she hurls her chakram at the man, trying to drive him back and out of good position to fire back.
Making a Withering attack against Abiz
Dex (5) + MA (5) + Specialty (1) + Weapon Accuracy (5) + Stunt (2) = 18

11 successes to hit

Form Charm active
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 6

Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31 (21) / 8
Committed: 10

Join Battle: 7 + 3 successes

Parry: 6
Evasion: 5 / 6 vs Ranged Attacks +1 from Form Charm

Total Soak: 9
Hardness: 4

Guile: 4
Resolve: 4

Infinite Jade Chakram - Melee: Accuracy +5, Damage +10, Overwhelming 3
Infinite Jade Chakram - Ranged: Accuracy Close +5, Short +4, Medium +3, Long 0
 
The chakrams whip at Abiz with alarming alacrity. His eyes widen in surprise, and he lets out a curmudgeonly hoot and howl as he shuffles backwards, spinning the dragon sigh wand hand over hand, deftly trying to deflect the attack, but ultimately failing.

OOC:
Defense 4+1(stunt)-2(surprise)= 3
Soak= 8

Everyone ++ Drunk Nona are arrayed at about Short range from the hidden room where the Perpetrator and accomplices are.
Round 1
|Character|Init|
XTomiko = 9X
>Axan = 8<
>Alys = 8<
>Stregga = 8<

-Zakas = 4
-Abiz = 4
-Goli = 3
-Nona = 3
 
Last edited:
"Oh, that's a relief."
Yasimin takes on a teasing tone with Sayan,
"I know you aren't as frail as we mere mortals, but I still worry about you sometimes."
She takes a quick look around, then gulps down the rest of her coffee,
"Now that your business is done must you get back to your Magistrate, or can we move from tea and coffee to something with a bit more spirit in it?"

Missed opportunity in the previous post, but Guillard is reading intentions on you from that last exchange where you asked about the qadi's name, to see if you are suspicious of his affiliation with the proceedings, and if you are trying to goad information he shouldn't have out of him. He would have responded the same either way.
 
Last edited:

Red Shadow Claws

Five Thousand Club
Axan feels the weight of his spear shift in his arms, as he eyes the big guy (Goli). He let's out a snarl at the man's words "If you didn't want it to be our fight, you shouldn't have done it on our watch. Now you will feel the wrath of the Dragons." And with that, he lunges forward, with his spear leading a feint, and then, at the last second, being raised to strike the chin of the big man, trying to force him to literally eat whatever comment he was about to come back with.

withering attack with spear. Dex 2, Melee 3, specialty 1, 2 for stunt. Forgot 2 accuracy

6 suxxes on 12 dice, wooh

Also, you should let Tomiko know her opponent's soak, so she can roll for damage, and see how much her initiative increases, and her opponent's lowers. With her roll, she might even be able to initiative crush him.

-0 [ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 7

Essence: 2
Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31
Committed:

Join Battle: 5

Parry: 3
Evasion: 0

Total Soak: 10
Hardness: 0

Spear – Accuracy +2 (8 dice), Damage +9, Defense +1, Overwhelming 1
 
Last edited:

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
OOC: Sayan's Guile is 5 (sorry, I'd failed to account for my specialty on the sheet. It's updated now), so Guillard's attempt fails.

"The magistrate will keep, I think," Sayan replies, her eyes seeking out Yasnim's and sparkling when they find them, "and spirit you say? I like spirit."
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Alys does not let out any fierce battle cries out shots of anger, but instead she calmly talks as she advances on the large man. "Why did you kill them? What did they do to you to earn their deaths? Considering that this will lead to your own grave, was it worth it?" She follows up her calm words with a nasty swing of her sword.
Performing a Withering attack, spending 5m on Stoking Bonfire Style
Dex (3) + Melee (5) + Specialty (1) + Accuracy (1) + Charm (5) = 15 dic

12 successes
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-I [ ]

Willpower: 5

Essence: 2
Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31 / 26
Committed: 14

Join Battle: 5 + 3 successes

Parry: 6
Evasion: 2

Resolve: 3
Guile: 2

Personal Soak: 5
Total Soak: 16 / Hardness 10
 
Goli does his best to focus on the task at hand, unable to spare a breath for any more words, and tries to shake off the surprise of the sudden onslaught and stand his ground. With a resounding stomp he takes a wide stance and swings the marble columns he calls his arms, attempting to deflect the oncoming blows.

OOC:
Defense 4+1(stunt)-2(surprise)= 4
Soak: 14

The robed woman with the mottled complexion, Stregga, lithely spins in a sort of dance, the sleeves of her robe unfurling, trailed by coalescing essence and she chants in a voice that would have been mesmerizing if it had been heard in a concert hall. The phrases were old, and the words even older. The trailing essence sparked and shimmered, emanating the sound of clinking glass.

Stregga is casting a spell not too dissimilar to Death of Obsidian Butterflies. She is using her Ritual for 3 sorcerous motes, for a total of 10 towards 15. Threw another die for specialty I forgot.
Round 1
|Character|Init|
XTomiko = 9X
XAxan = 8X
XAlys = 8X
XStregga = 8X

-Zakas = 4
-Abiz = 4 - ?
-Goli = 3 - ?
-Nona = 3
 
Last edited:

Rykon

One Thousand Club
Zakas darts forward into the hall with his black coat billowing behind him. Mist poured from this hip, leaking through the small opening in the sheath where the young swordsman had prepared for a drawn cut. Spellcasters... I don't have time to setup with this one! Zakas thought, making a swift but controlled slice toward Stregga's torso.

[Action: Withering Attack on Stregga +4d from Become the Hammer to enter Water Aura
Pool = Dex(5) + Martial Arts(5) + Specialty(1) + Accuracy(3) + Charm(4) + Stunt(2) = 20
Successes = 12]
 
Yasimin's eyes meet Sayan's gaze, and reflect that same sparkle back,
"I just got this delightful bottle of a peculiar drink from the Haslanti. They take grain grown in their greenfields, they ferment and distill it, then they age it in barrels that have been smoked with material harvested from a bog! Can you imagine?"
She gets up to retrieve the bottle from her private stash, a slight dance in her walk as she describes the beverage in an almost sing song manner,
"It is fruity, and smokey, and smooth, but strong! And there's a subtle sweetness-"
She whirls around, bottle in one hand, and two small ceramic cups in the other, and once she sees the disapproving look on Guillard's face her spirits fall,
"oh... right. The Prince."
Crestfallen she turns to Sayan,
"Darling, I have an audience with the Prince that I need to prepare for- Guillard, go readymy outfit for the audience. I can see our guest out."
He begins to protest such a break from decorum, but Yasimin unleashes her own withering stare.
"Yes mistress." He acquiesces.

As soon as the long pronounced steps of the valet carry him out of sight, Yasimin deftly uncorks the bottle with one hand, pouring two small servings in the other,
"Who says we can't drink and talk while we walk?"
She slips the drink into Sayan's hand, and her opposite arm around her elbow, walking with her to the front of the manor, sipping and whispering,
"Now that we're free of oversight my love, we can speak freely."
 
Last edited:
Tomiko's chakram flies like a blur, spinning on its axis to weave around the old man's attempts to knock it aside, striking him in the shoulder of his armor, forcing his back against the wall with a sharp exhale of air.
-----
Axan's thrust struck true, weaving between the windmill of parries, but the speartip sparked off the craggy jaw of the granite giant as he gritted his teeth.

Flowing under the spearstike to the face, Alys' sword slash found greater purchase, knocking aside the swinging fists, catching him in the patchwork breastplate, and knocking him to a knee.
He spits and grunts,
"I killed 'em cause they were idiots, and we needed some martyrs. When I see you in heaven I'll tell you if it was worth it."
He lunges upwards from his crouch, raising his broad stony sharply upwards in a brutal uppercut aimed at Alys' gut.
OOC: 2 successes
-------
Seeing the mist pour, and the sword flash from Zakas' hip, Stregga attempts to incorporate the move into her dance- trying to wind her torso around the blade, but managing to move just a hair too late to miss it completely.
OOC:
Defense 3+1(stunt)-2(surprise) +1WP= 3
Soak: 5

-------
Abiz scrapes himself off the wall, renews his grip on the red jade firewand, and chuckles to himself while he pivots to take aim at Alys, firing in the gap after Goli finishes his attack, flame crackles and twists from the Dragon shaped-muzzle, spiraling towards the Fire Aspect.
OOC: 4 successes
-------

As the blows and throws and gouts of flame go off, Nona whimpers to herself, and overturns her table to take cover. Slowly reaching out and grabbing a not quite empty bottle to keep her company.

Round 1
|Character|Init|
XTomiko = 22X
XAlys = 16X
XAxan = 8X
XStregga = 8 -?X
XZakas = 4+?X
-XNona = 3X
-XGoli = 0X
-XAbiz = -4X
 
Last edited:

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Alys sees the blast of flame heading towards her, and in response, she swings her massive Daiklave rapidly, using the red Jade to intercept the burning flames. Then, after the worst of the flame has been diverted, she continues the swing around to block the uppercut heading towards her midsection. Dancing nimbly even in her heavy armor, she taunts, "Is that the best you can do? I haven't even broken a sweat!"
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-I [ ]

Willpower: 5

Essence: 2
Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31 / (17)
Committed: 14

Join Battle: 5 + 3 successes

Parry: 6
Evasion: 2

Resolve: 3
Guile: 2

Personal Soak: 5
Total Soak: 16 / Hardness 10
 
Last edited:

Rykon

One Thousand Club
[Rolling Damage, due to Become the Hammer, Zakas will be re-rolling 6s till they no longer appear...
Strength(2)+Weapon Damage(12)+threshold(9)-Soak(5)=Damage Pool(18)
8 Initiative damage dealt, Zakas should gain 14 for the damage, crash, and landing the hit to rise up to 18 initiative.
]
 
Last edited:
As the misty blade slashes across her skin Stregga's chant changes into a shriek of pain. She recoils with an offbeat step, stumbles, and wobbles back in to place, favoring the grazed shoulder.

The sounds of demolition and combat draw unwanted attention. From the subterranean passage behind Abiz, Goli, and Stregga a group of reinforcements appear. A half dozen militarized vivisection-miners, carrying pickaxes, bonesaws, and flame-pieces, wearing hidebound clothes meant to protect them from blasts of heat.

BATTLE GROUP JOINS THE FRAY!
Round 2
|Character|Init|
>Tomiko = 23<
Zakas = 18
Alys = 17
Axan = 9
Miner-Acolytes = 6
Nona = 3
Goli = 0
Stregga = 0
Abiz = -4
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Keeping her focus on the man with the Firewand, Tomiko once more launches her chakram at the fellow, this time intending on avenging the deaths of the people. "It is time to deliver some much needed justice upon you for the crimes you have committed! Have at you!"
Committing a Decisive attack, and spending a point of Willpower for a auto success.

11 Successes total

Form Charm active
Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 6 / 5

Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31 (21) / 18
Committed: 10

Join Battle: 7 + 3 successes

Parry: 6
Evasion: 5 / 6 vs Ranged Attacks +1 from Form Charm

Total Soak: 9
Hardness: 4

Guile: 4
Resolve: 4

Infinite Jade Chakram - Melee: Accuracy +5, Damage +10, Overwhelming 3
Infinite Jade Chakram - Ranged: Accuracy Close +5, Short +4, Medium +3, Long 0
 
Last edited:
The seemingly elderly man's eyes widen in horror as he sees the whirring blade blur towards him. He has enough time to scream for his god, but not enough time to block the oncoming doom.

OOC:
4 Parry -1 Onlsaught +1 Stunt = 4
Hardness= 0 (CRASH)

Round 2
|Character|Init|
>Zakas = 18<
Alys = 17
Axan = 9
Miner-Acolytes = 6
Nona = 3
XTomiko = 3X
Goli = 0
Stregga = 0
Abiz = -4
 
With a gurgle and grunt the man's cry, and life, was cut short. The chakram sunk deep into his collarbone, then flitted back to it's user's hand, flicking a trail of blood through the air. One such spurt cascades across his comrade, Goli's face. Grieving and enraged, the stone-hided man calls out the name of his lost friend-at-arms.

As the light fades from Abiz's eyes, and his corpse slumps against the wall, his grip slips from the firewand, flames still gurgling from artifact's dragon-sculpted muzzle. His body goes limp, letting the red jade come into contact with, and sear, his flesh. Without the user to control it, the billowing flames start to grow, licking at the nearby beams and rubble from the destroyed false wall.
Axan, Zakas, and Alyz have moved into Close Range with Goli, Abiz (RIP), and Stregga, and now the battlegroup, arranged around the precipice of the large hole leading into the hidden passage that was the false wall. Tomiko is at Short Range on the opposite side of everything from Nona, who is cowering in the corner, also at Short Range.
Round 2
|Character|Init|
>Zakas = 18<
Alys = 17
Axan = 9
Miner-Acolytes = 6
Nona = 3
XTomiko = 3X
Goli = 0
Stregga = 0
Abiz = -4
 
Last edited:

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
"Why, I can't imagine anyone saying that," Sayan answers and subtly licks her lips as she smiles. Though if it's the prospect or drink or the company that invites that reaction is unclear. She raises the glass to her lips and drapers her other arm around the lovely young lady at her side. "And could we not speak freely before, darling? Guillard is many things, but he seems quite devoted to you."
 
"Oh, He is quite devout, and that can be a problem. I know he can be a little..." whether she is struggling to find the word in High Realm, or is pausing for effect is unclear,
"much."
She takes a sip, the sheer enjoyment she gets out of the drink causing her to do a little dance,
"Overbearing, overprotective, over-involved, and apparently over-secretive. I mean, those traits are somewhat desirable in a fixer, but it will still give one pause."
She then pulls Sayan that much closer,
"And besides, some things should stay between just the girls, hmm?"
 
Last edited:

Rykon

One Thousand Club
The Mistwolf feels the fog of his blade taste his prey's blood, with this his instinct is to clamp his jaws on the throat and rip. Zakas follows his strike on Stregga with a lunge toward the neck. The thin black and blue daiklave snapped forward like a serpent's strike leaving a sharp popping echo to creep through the secret corridor.

[Rolling decisive attack on Stregga, adding 6 dice with Become the Hammer as well as adding Shining Starfall Execution to the attack. Pool is now 19
10 successes, going to assume that's a hit and roll damage
Thanks to Become the Hammer allowing damage rerolls on 6s... that's 13 levels of Lethal with Zakas resetting to base of 3]
 
Stregga's dance become a little more panicked, a little more hurried, a little more desperate, until it is no more. Her song suddenly ceased, leaving a quiet for the sound of the strike to resonate in. She took one final step, and the blast of fog pushed back her hair and robes, revealing a bare collar bone for The Mistwolf to rest in.

The sight of her red blood staining her stark white and black skin would have shaken more sensible folk, but these are zealots, and they press on. Even as Stregga falls for her knees, her lifeblood draining from her, she continues to try and mutter her spell in vain.

Round 2
|Character|Init|
>Alys = 17<
Axan = 9
Miner-Acolytes = 6
Nona = 3
XTomiko = 3X
XZakas = 18X

Goli = 0
Stregga = 0
Abiz = -4
 

Esbilon

Seven Thousand Club
"Is that so," Sayan asks with a crooked smile as she lets her hand wander up Yasinim's back. "And just want is it you want to stay between us... girls, mm?"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Alys smiles as she sees her companions dispatching their targets, and is glad that they left the big one for her. With the sinuous dance of a blademaster, she maneuvers herself to be in position to strike the big man. Channeling some of her Essence, she empowers her blade to be able to bite deep into her off balanced foe. "You shouldn't have killed those people. I am taking that rather personally. You would have never run into us if you hadn't. Now, its too late, and I'm going to have to kill you."
9 successes to hit

Spending 3m 1wp on Crimson Fang Bite, and 5m on Stoking Bonfire Style

die pool: dex 3 + melee 6 + charm 5 + stunt 2: 16 to hit

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] - [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-I [ ]

Willpower: 5 / 4

Essence: 2
Personal: 13
Peripheral: 31 / (17) / 9
Committed: 14

Join Battle: 5 + 3 successes

Parry: 6
Evasion: 2

Resolve: 3
Guile: 2

Personal Soak: 5
Total Soak: 16 / Hardness 10
 
Although Goli's defenses were flagging and failing, and his friends fell around him, a mixture of belief in his cause and hatred for the Abhari and their Imperial cohorts fueled him forward.

Round 2
|Character|Init|
>Axan = 9<
Miner-Acolytes = 6
Nona = 3
XAlys = 3X
XTomiko = 3X
XZakas = 18X

Goli = 0
Stregga = 0
Abiz = -4
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top