• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Faerie’s Gate Interests Check (fantasy/dragons/maybe romance)

Ailuridae

Panda that loves sharks
Hello, I’m posting here to see if anyone would be interested in RPing in an original world I’ve been sitting on for some time, it’s about a group of people coming across a special gateway hidden in a forest that transports them to a new world. As there are no humans in this world, they become changed to something that lives naturally there. For example, a stocky built man could become a dwarf-like race (they are not short but, in fact, are very much like the giant men of this world) or a dainty woman could become a nyphen (a race akin to a nymph with a element to which they belong and thrive in)
This RP storyline would revolve around this group entering this world and forgetting most of their past, forging a new path in this new world only to become victims of this realm’s tyrant (For now lets call him Draegon) who has all but destroyed the new lives they’ve made for themselves. Will our heroes take up the task of defeating this enemy?

If you’re interested, please do let me know! I’ve been really hoping I could flesh out this world and branch out the stories within it!

The races that you may choose from are as follows;

The Nyphen;
A secretive race that values life before all else, they are unique in the fact that each Nyphen is bonded to a specific element in nature. This gives them power over that element in addition to their already athletic builds and special ability to charm any they so choose. Each elemental alignment manifests at birth, and it is not uncommon for a different alignment to be born within a singular elemental ‘Grove’.

Race Name - Nyphen
Gender Ratios - 60% Male to 40% Female (This ratio does not affect your characters and is only for example for the people you may meet on your travels)
Average Height - 6’2”
Build Type - Lean, Muscular. (Think like Elves from LOTR)
Notable physical features -
Their hair always appears as though it is a physical manifestation of their birth element. For example, when born to flame one’s hair will always smoulder. When born to air, one’s hair will always billow even if there is no breeze. When born to water, one’s hair will always seem soaked yet never drip. When born to earth, one’s hair appears as if made of leaves.

They appear dainty and twig thin but due to lives of sprinting through nature and being so close to their native element has honed their bodies into well oiled machines.

Nyphen eyes are beautiful and terrifying at the same time, filled with all the colours that are bound to their element, they swirl with untold powers. It is their eyes, in conjunction with their voices, that gives them their power of charming.

Sexual Dimorphism - The same as humans, though both appear very feminine and have incredibly long hair usually.
Powers -
This varies on what element they are born into. So far, 4 elemental alignment Groves have been discovered. With each having a slightly different control over their element.

Fire;
The Fire Nyphen are usually dark-skinned and have neon orange hair. This can vary, some have softer autumn colours for their hair and others are paler skinned. This Grove is located halfway up Mt Sevask, an active Volcano.
Their powers are as follows;
The ability to weave flames, this means that with their hand movements, fire will leap from its resting space to soar alongside them. Many Nyphen use this for their community celebrations and dance alongside the flames.
Impervious to fire, truly a sight to behold is a Nyphen swimming through lava, they have complete protection against burning alive.
Elemental hair, now this ability is very strange. It is a shared one among the 3 Groves and it is the only one I fail to describe. I mentioned previously that the Nyphen’s hair is like a physical embodiment of their native element, that is both true and also false. It IS an embodiment of their native element, not just ‘like’, they can freely pull their element from their hair and control it. This means that they are never without their element, they are never cut off.

Water;
The Water Nyphen are usually dark skinned with glowing bioluminescent speckles, with vibrant blues and purples for hair. This can vary, however the skin colour usually doesn’t change as this Grove is located deep underwater in a biolumescent coral reef.
Their powers are as follows;
Underwater Breathing/Water Walking, it is believed that these Nyphen are completely one with their element, so much so that their weight will never disturb a pool of water and they have no need to breathe while underwater. It is theorised that they can share this ability through some form of physical contact, but it is untested.
Control of Water, much like the other Nyphen have control of their elements, so too do the Water Nyphen. They can use the waters to shield, to heal and to, most dangerously, drown their foes in a cocoon.
Unable to Drown, due to their closeness to their native element, it is completely impossible for one of these Nyphen to drown in any circumstance. Much like their underwater breathing, it is believed that they are able to temporarily share this ability or to temporarily pass it to someone else, it is untested however.
Elemental hair, the Nyphenms hair is a physical embodiment of their element, for the water Nyphen, this is demonstrated through the fact that their hair appears always thick with water and to be slightly swaying in a current like kelp, however no water ever drips from it. The Nyphen is able to call forth the waters from within their hair to their beck and whim.

WIP STILL EDITING

Last edited:
Love love love love the idea of characters that have been transformed into magical beings in another world ^D^

Oh fantastic! If you guys have any questions, please ask away! I plan on having 5 people at least to get the RP flowing at a good pace. (Including myself of course)

Oh my goodness I wasn’t expecting this much interest! Welcome all of you! I’m sure we can make this a fantastic RP! If you have any question or queries please don’t hesitate to ask! I’m happy to answer any and all!

I plan on having the RP posted very soon since I’ve now garnered a perfect amount of interest and participants to begin!

Ah another important detail I completely forgot about!! This is going to be semi-lit so if that isn’t your cup of tea then you are welcome to back out now.

Oh my goodness I wasn’t expecting this much interest! Welcome all of you! I’m sure we can make this a fantastic RP! If you have any question or queries please don’t hesitate to ask! I’m happy to answer any and all!

I plan on having the RP posted very soon since I’ve now garnered a perfect amount of interest and participants to begin!

Ah another important detail I completely forgot about!! This is going to be semi-lit so if that isn’t your cup of tea then you are welcome to back out now.

Forgive me, but could you elaborate on the semi-lit part? How much on average on we are we expected to type? Is it the equivalent of semi-detailed?

Also, woohoo! I am super excited for the RP to be posted. I am also very curious as to what this world will be like :csmile:

Forgive me, but could you elaborate on the semi-lit part? How much on average on we are we expected to type? Is it the equivalent of semi-detailed?

Perhaps it’s been a long time since I RPed properly in forum format, but anything a paragraph or more with punctuation, descriptive stuff and that jazz was called ‘semi-lit’ when I was RPing years ago. Is it called semi detailed now? Sorry for the confusion!

I would prefer for people to write at least one paragraph for each post, any amount more than that is always welcome. I understand that writer’s block or brain dead with no ideas can be a thing so I’ll have the lowest amount be one paragraph.

I know for me, grammer, is my biggest beast I fight all the time. but if you can forgive me for some of that then I'm good. :D

I kinda think a paragragh is nessasary for Rping properly though, lets you know what is going on.

Yeah, I think they are the same thing. it's been a longtime for me too so I'd forgotten some of the terminology :dead:

Anyways everything sounds awesome. I am super excited to get started on making characters! ^33^

I'm interested!
My only question would be are there set options of magical beings we could become, or is that free range up to us?

I'm interested!
My only question would be are there set options of magical beings we could become, or is that free range up to us?

There will be a set roster, since it’s an original world, I’ll create lookalikes to certain creatures. As an example, my Nyphen (Nee-fen) who are quite similar to how we perceive nymphs as beautiful creatures attuned to certain elements. The only primary difference is probably the fact they can’t shapeshift like Greek nymphs and are unable to completely control their native element.

There will be a set roster, since it’s an original world, I’ll create lookalikes to certain creatures. As an example, my Nyphen (Nee-fen) who are quite similar to how we perceive nymphs as beautiful creatures attuned to certain elements. The only primary difference is probably the fact they can’t shapeshift like Greek nymphs and are unable to completely control their native element.
When will the set be revealed? When the CS opens up?

Oh. I thought we were going to be creating the creature or race our character turns into.

Do you mind sharing some more of what our options will be?

I have a few already set up, and I’ll be posting them here in the OP so that they are easy to find. I’ll post probably a maximum of 6 different races, their lore, abilities as well as height, lifespan and some other information. I’ll be updating it today with the ones I have completed so far.

Sorry that it confused you as to what races you could be, I tried to make it sound as though you be creatures from this world not just any creatures.

I have a few already set up, and I’ll be posting them here in the OP so that they are easy to find. I’ll post probably a maximum of 6 different races, their lore, abilities as well as height, lifespan and some other information. I’ll be updating it today with the ones I have completed so far.

Sorry that it confused you as to what races you could be, I tried to make it sound as though you be creatures from this world not just any creatures.

Ok. Please tag me when the information is added ^33^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back