The Fabled Excaliburn [MP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loke Fullbuster

The Language Enthusiast

kingthings-embroidery.regular.png

morris-roman.alternate-black.png

ma42.gif

Excaliburn, also known as Legendary Tool of the Gods and Blade of Damnation, is, as its titles imply, a legendary magical artifact, known as an all-powerful weapon once used to decimate armies. Man or mage, whoever possessed this weapon possessed the power to conquer all creation. However, it fell into obscurity after being lost in the aftermath of a vicious war thousands of years ago, fading into myths and legends as every attempt to find it mysteriously derailed. No one could ever find Excaliburn again, the only records of this assumed longsword exists in old tomes gathering dust in the Great Library of Fiore. But this never stopped people from trying. For the past few centuries, every few decades, enthusiastic archaeologists and scientists gather to study these tomes, each group gaining a little clue each time, placing them closer and closer to finding this legendary weapon. Finally, the present group managed to pinpoint the weapon's last known location to be somewhere on Divide Island, a relatively small island located south of Fiore in the middle of the Graveyard Sea. To get there, one must travel to Capital Crocus before taking a train to Mountain Village.

Mountain Village is, as its name suggests, located in the middle of three mountains, the most forth-front one has a neat little hole drilled through the middle of the mountain’s foot, wide and large enough for a train to enter without mishap. To the east and west of the small village stands two smaller mountains, shorter in height compared to the one at the north, but no less wide and towering. To the south of the village lies the Graveyard Sea, where the fishermen of Mountain Village earn their living off catching seafood. The dock of the village lies in this direction. It is nothing grand, merely a couple of wooden jetties and a wide shore occupied by idle fishing boats of all shapes and sizes. Despite being a rather isolated area in the countryside of Fiore, the seemingly endless supply of seafood and mountain creatures available as food source has ensured the town’s wealth and continued wellbeing, contributing to the teeming streets of vendors, merchants, customers and villagers. From dawn til dusk, the village is never quiet.

As one arrives at Mountain Village in the early hours of the morning (or later), one can ask any of the locals to point you in the direction of the docks. They would be more than happy to help. Upon reaching the docks, one would be able to see a group of figures clad in dark emerald robes with dull golden hemming. Out of the six people standing in the middle of the right-hand jetty, five would be hooded, leaving an old man the only one with his face uncovered. Judging by the severity of his expression and more elaborate design of his clothes, he is the leader of the Scholars of Excaliburn, the very group that have been posting the mission flyers all around Fiore. Noon this day is the deadline for any willing participants of this mission, for once this hour is reached, the leader will approach those gathered on the jetty and greet each one individually.

da15da682fff8a00d08b5583dff0a472.jpg

“Name, class and guild – or guildless –, if you please.” Is the question he asks each one in a serious, curt tone, jolting the answers down in a thick, brown, leather-bound notebook with a small pen. One he finishes scribbling, he extends a gloved hand out to be shaken. “Matthias Reaver. Thank you for undertaking this task.”

Once the rounds are finished, he stands before the group of mages, eyeing each one of them silently with a contemplative look for a heartbeat or two. Matthias flips his notebook over lifted a neatly-folded sheet of parchment, muttering something under his breath before handing the six-fold piece of paper to the most scholarly-looking male in the group, Titus Helmot @Jenkins .

“This is everything we have found regarding Divide Island and Excaliburn. A checklist of objectives and locations, if you would. Do not lose it, for it would be only one you are going to get.” He says sternly, then gestured towards the small ship awaiting them. “Captain Peyer will get you to Divide Island safe and sound and we shall wait here for your return.”

The ship is operated by a skeleton crew of four people, two of which are the captain and his navigator, the former of whom will merely greet each person who boards with a nod and a grunt. They wouldn’t ask questions, and will not interact with any mage on the ship. Fees for the trip to and fro from Mountain Village to Divide Island have already been paid by Matthias and they will stay at the shore of Divide Island until the mages either return, or news of their demise reach their ears. The ship will only cast off once every member of the group has boarded.

hansekogge_g.jpg

@Jenkins Titus Helmot

@Peaceswore Dylan Freeman

@Skellux Videl

@Rantos Caina

(Note to all: Please put "Interactions" and "Location" in your posts. I know it might be a tad inconvenient, but it is for the sake of the other players and me to have a better understanding of who is where and who is interacting  with who. Thank you ^-^ )

Last edited by a moderator:

Dylan Freeman

Train station > Dock > Ship

Interaction: @Loki Odinson (member that was asking the question)

62c47a1f8aa34a459ab3914d315a1c89.jpg"Bring me something back from your quest!"

"No."

"Ahhhh  Come on, I got you something when I went on my quest."

"You bought me candy from our village and claimed that you got it from your quest...."

"Psh you don't have proof of that~" 

"One of the guildmembers saw you...."

"..............................................Welp! You have fun, make sure you get me a souvenir~!"

"Adi-.....and he's gone.  If you are going to come with me this far, he should have just done the quest."  Dylan let out a sigh as he gave a wave to his departing brother who was going back to the capital after accompany Dylan all the way to the mountain village.  Once the train was out of sight Dylan adjusted his bag of supplies before he looked around.  After several moments of Dylan just standing there he looked around in complete silence for a bit.  '..........He was suppose to stay, and help with the introductions.......................................... I'm getting him trash as a souvenir.'   Pushing some of his hair back he moved over to a near by shop and entered it.   There he asked for directions to the dock, once he got them he made his way there, not stopping to take in the sights. 

When he arrived at the appointed area he looked up at the man that asked him the question.  Staying silent for a bit he first ran the conversation in his head to make sure he said it right without messing up. 'Dylan Freeman, A class, Raven Tail.  Nice and simply don't say it too fast or too slow.  Again, Dylan Freeman, A class, Raven Tail.'  After a full 10 seconds of silence after the question had been asked Dylan finally opened his mouth.  "Dylan Freeman, A class, Tail  Rav--........................................." 'FUCK'   "Raven tail."  He kept a blank face after saying this as if it didn't bother him that the line he rehearsed in his had been completely messed up. 

After that mess up he decided to just stay silent for as much as possible through out the trip.  Keeping a hand in his pocket and the other hand firm on his small bag he made his way onto the ship.  Once aboard he found a spot for him to be in and just stood up against the railing as he waited for the others to come on.   While he stayed in his spot he silently watched them while hoping no one would interact with him, for fear of messing up his sentences again.

Caina

Mountain Village docks: talking to Dylan and Old man

"Go on an adventure she said.  It's good for your health she says.  Get your grubby mits outa my candy bowl and make some money you free loading pig!  She says!"

Caina found himself out and about, upside down map in one hand and a bowl of candy in his other, looking for the village in the mountains aptly named Mountain Village.  Only two days ago Caina was squatting in the house of his fellow mage Salena Kosne.  She paid the rent and Caina ate her candy, they had a nice thing going on.  But Salena, having enough of Caina's insistent laziness, kicked him out, gave him a map and told him to quote on quote "take a bloody hike."  The location of the Mountain Village was circled on the map, maybe she was hopping Caina would wind up there and tragically slip off a cliff.  Considering Salena's course personalty the idea wasn't too far fetched.  This whole situation was, annoying to say the least.

"Well I still have your bowl of candy!  Hear that Salena, who's laughing now!" 

The man began laughing to the sky, holding up his first as if to proclaim his victory.  It took a moment for Caina to realize what exactly he was doing; laughing like a mad man to a sky that couldn't listen.  In the moment after his impassioned screaming it hit him that if anyone was to be laughing, it would be Salena.  Caina continued on his way, trying his best to make sure no one saw his brief outburst.  He was close to the village after all.

Caina stood before the border line of the village, he looked up and saw the mountains that gave the village it's name and the idea of taking a stroll off one was sounding really tempting.  But he had a job to do; make money and pay rent so he could get back to eating candy on Salena's couch.  That and filling the candy bowl, as it was almost empty.  Money took priority, but Caina also didn't like working without a sweet treat in his mouth.  The next question was simply how Caina was to go about getting the money.  He could rob a few stores, but that sounded boring.  Maybe take a few jobs from the locals, but everyone looked like the hillbilly type and God knows they only want the weeds plucked or the cows milked.  Which put Caina at a loss for what to do.  However there was one thing that looked rather tempting.  A gathering of off looking fellows at the docks, it looked like it was shaping up to be Caina's kind of party.

Caina joined the crowd right as an old man walked up, he began asking for everyone's name, guild and class.  Looks like Caina had walked himself into a guild mission, and those payed well!  He acted natural and waited for the man to address him and once the old man asked him the same questions Caina answered as if he too belonged there.

"Caina, guildless and... same class as bandages over there."  Caina pointed to the man with a bandaged face.  Caina had never been in a guild, so the rank question was a bit tough as he had never been assigned one.  Even though he had lied about his rank Caina kept his composure, not hinting at all that he actually was assigning a rank to himself lower then he really was.  When the old man moved on Caina mad his way to the kid with the bandages.

"Sup bandages."  As Caina looked the boy up and down he gave a short whistle.  "My, my.  So fancy you need two suits, I like your style kid."  Caina took another moment to scan the boy up and down.  "Not sure if I was on the mark saying we were the same rank, but with all those bandages on ya it looks like I may have been right.  You seem tough kid."  To Caina scars and injuries were impressive, it showed a person had seen a few fights, they were a proof of sorts and this kid seemed littered with them.  Caina had to respect that, and it was obvious he did.

@Peaceswore @Loki Odinson

Interactions: All Currently Present

Titus stands in the shelter of a building for a few moments before making his approach to the docks.  He spends a little time examining those who had already arrived, as well as the robed figures.  The man in the suit look experienced.  At least that was what he took from the bandages.  Whether they were positive or negative had yet to be seen.  He'd seen more than his share of fights regardless.  He wasn't quite so sure of the other one.  He seemed extremely laid back.  A ploy to set people at ease perhaps?  

After a few more minutes, he gave a small shrug and stepped out of the shadows.  He took the last few meters purposeful, dividing not to give a hint of weakness to mages he expected were more experienced than himself.  The wood shook slightly under his perhaps excessively forceful stride, but he made it to the small group without major incident.  "Titus Helmot.  Fairy Tail, Class B... for now."  He extended his hand to met that of the older man, smiling as his name is given.  Stepping back, he took another look at is companions.  He dipped a slight bow to each.  "Since we are to work together, I suppose it would be prudent to get to know one another."  He extends his hand out to the nearest of the two.  

qSsW3FR.jpg

Videl

Train | Moutain Village Station | Dock | Ship 

[COLOR= rgb(75, 0, 130)]Interactions | Old Man [/COLOR]([SIZE= 12px]@Loki Odinson[/SIZE][SIZE= 18px])[/SIZE]

"Don't screw this up Videl. I don't want to clean up after you again." 

"Yeah yeah. I know already."

"You say that every time. Just keep your mouth shut and don't piss anyone off."

"I said I know Mother. Tch. If your so worried, then why the hell ain't you coming along?"

"Because I..."

[SIZE= 18px]The rather unlucky passengers aboard a train from Crocus groaned aloud. They were headed towards a place in the mountains, appropriately named Mountain Village, and had been stuck sharing a train car with a pair of considerably loud males. The pair had the exact same argument almost every twenty minutes for most of the ride. The blonde lectures, the black haired one retorts, and repeat. Thankfully, before this bout could get much farther, they pulled into the station. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]The pair got off the train, and stood within the station glaring at each other for a moment until the black haired man, Videl, stuck his hand out to the other. [/SIZE]"See ya later Nox." [SIZE= 18px]He bid his goodbye with a slight smile, and watched as his 'brother' made his way back towards the train to return to the capital. Videl then turned and headed into the village. After a few minutes of pointless wandering to find the docks, he gave up and asked one of the locals, who pointed him in the right direction. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 18px]He arrived at the docks, and eyed the others gathered as the old man who was seemingly in charge spoke to each. When said man approached him, he was silent for a moment, before he met the older man's gaze. "Videl, guildless, and A class." He answered the question, thankfully without harsh words, and shook the mans hand. Nox had drilled the words into his head before they even left Crocus. He made his way onto the deck of the ship and didn't really bother saying anything to the others gathered for the job. If he did, he'd probably end up insulting them right off the bat, and he'd rather not start off on the wrong foot. So, he settled against one of the railings, and settled for simply watching for the time being.[/SIZE]

Dylan Freeman

Interaction:  Caina @Rantos Titus @Jenkins

A sense of dread swallowed him up when one of the others that were going on this mission not only approached him but also complimented his style. He looked at the man in pure silence as he remained leaning against the banister.  'Okay, I've had conversation like this before in my head....how did it go again?  Not that one that was if someone gave me a prize at an amusement park.  No that doesn't work either that for possible ice cream.... Come on!  How do I respond, wait how long have I been looking at him!?  Damn it!  Just say something before everyone around me thinks I'm some sort of weird mute person!'   "......Thanks."  Dylan said calmly before turning his attention out to the see.  'Thanks?!  He complimented my style and those words were conversation starters I should be keeping the conversation going!' 

Dylan wasn't able to keep his attention on his thoughts of how to deal with the original situation, as sadly, to him at least, the situation got worse.  Not only did he still need to figure out what to say to the first guy without sounding like a fool, but now he was being forced to interact with another person.  This was worse still as the other was initiating contact.  Moving his eye slowly to the other he was once more silent as he looked at the hand before him.  'Okay...this part is easy.  Just take the hand, shake twice..or three times, maybe four???  A few times! Then let go. Don't squeeze too hard, don't hold it too loose and whatever I do.  Don't shake his hand non stop!'  After what was like seven seconds of nothing Dylan reached out as well and took the others hand in a decently tight grip and shook it a bit but said nothing. He was too focused on making sure the handshake was perfect to even think about concerning himself with words.  '3, 2, 1, let go!'  At this thought he let go of the others hand and with that returned it to the railing.

Moving his eyes back to the sea he was thrilled on the inside, he did it.  Without his brother he shook someones hand without looking like a fool!  '........Wait..... When you shake someone's hand you are suppose to talk about something.  Did I just screw it up!? God damn it! I can't shake his hand again it would look weird! However I still need to introduce myself!  Not to mention I have to give the other guy a compliment! Damn it!  I told Aditi to stick with me till I don't need to talk!  Okay, okay I got this.  Just short intro...and I'm done...just keep it really simple, and don't forget to compliment the other guy.... Okay.'    ".....I'm Aditi, I use magi-.... 'No shit!' c bullets, gun magic is my specialty and some other things as well..."  He said calmly not missing a beat despite how much he wanted to hit his head against a wall.  He then looked over at Caine and was silent for only two seconds.  "....I like your hair thingys."  He stated as he pointed at the golden bands on either side of Caina's head that were fastened to locks of hair.  A bit out there, but not a lie.   With that he moved his eye back out to the sea trying to hide his genuine joy.  For not only did he do a successful hand shake, he also answered a question and complimented someone! Without sounding like a rude ass....or at least he hoped he didn't sound like that. 

Caina

Mountain village docks aboard the ship: Talking to Dylan, Titus and Videl

Caina watched as a very scholarly looking lad walked toward him and band-aid boy, he eyed the boy up and down, giving him a smile all the while.  Caina had to respect a man who carried himself with dignity, and this man looked as high brow as they came.  The four had already bored the ship and Caina was still unaware of what exactly he was doing on this mission.  Other then the assumed promise of money at the end Caina was unsure exactly what this mission entailed.  Asking his teammates though seemed a bit dicey in Caina's mind however, so he decided to play it off cool.  Starting by introducing himself to the mage who extended a hand of greeting.

"Prudent, I love that word, love the way you say it too.  The names Caina Helena Galahad, Caina for short!"  Caina took the mage's hand, shaking it with vigor and squeezing it like a vice.  "So let me see if I got this right..."  Caina began looking over his companions, first at Dylan, then Titus and finally at the mage that was leaning on the railings.  Gave each of them a long, hard, look, scanning them up and down with no real hint of malice, but honest curiosity.  Dylan complemented his hair bands, and Caina gave the boy nothing more then a smile before clapping his hands and demanding everyone's attention.

"Okay, let's see if I can guess the archetypes!  Let's see... first we have the shy insecure boy who seems to be a whelp at face value but will prove his worth later on; the kind one.  The boy who's young and still has a ways to grow but is full of potential and drive to get the job done, one can just smell the determination off this one; the stern one."  Caina looked right at the mage who stood away from the rest, he got lower and attempted to sound a bit more dramatic by lowering his voice.  "The lone wolf who does as he wants when he wants.  But maybe later he will expose his heart of gold and prove invaluable to the team; the loose cannon.  Then the fool with a bad fashion sense who can't keep his mouth shut and serves little more then comic relief, that is to say, me."

Caina stayed quiet for a moment and let his words sink in, smiling and looking around all the while.  After a moment of silence, Caina turned back to Dylan and resumed normal conversation.

"Thank you!  Salena says they're tacky and so is the rest of my outfit.  But honestly she's just jealous of my style.  I think I rock these threads!"

@Peaceswore @Skellux @Loki Odinson

"Catwoman" Valerie Neko

Interactions: Matthias Reaver (@Loki Odinson) and Caina (@Rantos)

punkblake_by_keethy-d7yl7i3.png

A punkish looking young woman lightly slept in her seat on the train to Mountain Village. However, she wasn't a regular punk; she had black cat ears in addition to her human ones and a black cat tail. She also had a dark purple Sabertooth guild mark on the left side of neck. Currently it was mostly covered by her hair, but if anyone noticed it alongside her feline-like appearance and put two-and-two together they would figure out that she was Sabertooth's Catwoman, Valerie Neko.

One of Valerie's cat ears twitched as she head the train's brakes start to activate. She groggily opened her eyes as the train began to stop. She felt a little confined as she stretched as she avoided entering someone else's personal space. After exiting the train, Valerie began to look for the docks, but she wasn't exactly sure where to find it. She noticed a paper boy trying to sell papers and walked up to him. She flashed a sisterly smile at the boy as she crouched down to be at his eye level. "Hey buddy. You look like a smart kid. Could you point me in the direction of the docks?" "It's down that way, cat-lady," the boy said innocently, pointing to show Valerie the way. "Thanks, buddy." Valerie gave the kid a 25 Jewel coin and began to head to the dock.

Valerie's hips swayed confidently as she approached the docks and the gathering of mostly-hooded figures. She pushed her hair aside with her left hand to reveal more of her Sabertooth guild mark. "Valerie Neko, Sabertooth, A-Class," she replied to the leader of Scholars of Excaliburn. "I didn't want to miss out on all the fun," she purred after the older man thanked her.

Valerie walked onto the ship where the other mages where. A playful smirk rested on her lips as she looked them over. A scholarly looking man, a man in bandages, a quiet man, and another man who was in the middle of psycho analyzing the other three based on entertainment troupes. "What would that make me, tiger?" she asked Caina.

Nearby: @Peaceswore @Skellux @Jenkins

Dylan Freeman

Still on the boat

"....I'm not insecure."  Dylan muttered as he kept his eyes on the ocean as he continued to listen to the other make his guesses on peoples archetypes.  Dylan wasn't about to deny the fact he was shy, and he didn't know if he looked like a welp.  He was certain however that he wasn't insecure, or at the very least he believed he wasn't.   One could easily be insecure but not know they are, despite every but of their demeanor giving off the insecure vibe.  "....I'm not, I just don't care for talking much.  I'm bad at it."  Now  looking at Caina again when he picked up the conversation about his looks.  "I don't like the rest of your outfit.  Just the hair thingys."  He stated in his honest and blunt opinion.  Not that he was trying to insult Caina, if anything that was him putting it nicely!  Sort of....okay he forgot to try and be nice on that bit. 

After saying this his eyes moved to a woman with cat ears as she boarded the ship.  'Another team mate then.'  He thought as he rested his cheek on the railing a bored look crossing his face as he started to zone out.  He didn't have anything to say to anyone else.  There were no thoughts in particular crossing his mind.  He just fell silent as he patiently waited for the ship to set sail.

Titus smiles and nods at each introduction.  His grin seemed natural, pleasant even. But closer examination revealed a slight strain on his face, as if the expression was one he was unused to using.  Hi free hand tenses and loosens by turns, a sort of coping mechanism to help when dealing with strangers.  

"Ok Titus, keep it simple.  To the point.  Just cause you don't know them is no reason to completely freak out... They're just people... Thats all... People.  Your an alchemist for gods sake.  At the very least this lot won't explode if you do something wrong.  You will not let them think you're shy.  They're professionals and so are you.  Bloody well act like it.  Breath in out in out.  YOU CAN DO THIS!

"A pleasure.  Titus is my name.  Titus Helmot.  I am an alchemist by trade.  I hope my skills will be of use in this little endeavour."  He gave another one of those strained smiles before turning to greet the cat-eared woman.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back