• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Explorer's Privateering Regime: An intergalactic Treasure Hunt Sci-Fi Adventure

The Mechanist

Everyone's favorite cybernetic robot! 🤖
Many planets unexplored, many others colonized and turned into sprawling metropolis'. Some more successful than others, why? Because privateers go to these uncivilized worlds and find out through surveying or exploration if these worlds are worth building upon. And sometimes, treasure is found, sometimes deposits of rare minerals or substances are found and taken by these privateers and used for them to make their fortunes. That's what you are, a member of the privateering regime hired by the Galactic Republic to scout out worlds for them to continue to expand; some chose to be in the privateering sector, others conscripted. The captain is chosen and given a frigate to use, the captain themselves choose their crew, and I choose you to join me in scouting worlds to make our marks and find our fortunes. Welcome to The Explorer's Privateering Regime.

Hello all! It is I The Mechanist! Funny enough despite the fact that I've been here for nearly three years this will be the first group roleplay that I actually make and Gm. Of course I have already recruited a co-gm, the talented and beautiful Noble Scion Noble Scion will be my co-gm for this space faring adventure.

Now what this rp entails is that it is a scifi high fantasy exploration/treasure hunting rp taking place in space/space stations, the frigate and of course the planets. Literally many worlds could be visited in this rp! Your characters will be the crew upon the vessel which the rp will first take place on, you can be any alien species you want to be, can be from video games like star wars or mass effect, movies, shows or animes and cartoons, novels (though a picture would be highly appreciated), but it doesn't stop there. Even humanoid creatures or the like can also be used, like a zora from legend of Zelda or a kahjitt from skyrim; of course these characters will have to be outfitted appropriately for a scifi setting, and these characters can be used within the rp. Literally your imagination is the limit. So with that who wants to join in! If enough interest is made then, well that means we can rp!

Any questions y’all have I’ll be more than happy to answer!

Those late to the party here are the links
Futuristic - The Explorer's Privateering Regime: Character Sheets
The Explorer's Privateering Regime: IC
Futuristic - The Explorer's Privateering Regime: OOC

Last edited:
I'm curious. >_>

Fyuri my friend! im so glad weve garnered your attention! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
I'll probably lurk for a bit, since I see someone already asking a question I would have.

The Mechanist The Mechanist I'm, at the moment, interested in how you're going to set up the character sheet, considering how varied the players' species will be. :D
I'll probably lurk for a bit, since I see someone already asking a question I would have.
I'm passing ideas back and forth with my coGM about the structure and contents of the CS. I am bringing into account the large species diversity that is in the rp. I know certain aspects of certain living or nonbiologically living creatures or creations are biological traits while others could be traits derived from a catalyst or activator. For example a robot or android, being that they are mechanical surely they would have augments, attachments and/or modifications within them that makes them stand out from others or even other cybernetic beings. For other living things like an Argonian from skyrim for example, they have a biological trait, one them being that they have the capabilities of breathing underwater, and having a much higher resistance to toxins. So I am still in the works of designing the character sheet with Noble Scion Noble Scion so that we have one that would be as best a fit as possible with a large diversity of peoples to choose from in terms of character creation. Although I am not opposed to any ideas or pieces of advice the two of you could give me. This is my first time being an actual GM for a group rp and I would like to get it right the first time despite the fact that I've been here for nearly 3 years ^^

Edit:grammatical errors

Last edited:
The Mechanist The Mechanist For my sheets, I tend to go with something concrete but flexible. Name, Age, Personality, Backstory, those sorts of things, but also an ability ranking chart. Depending on the scale of things, it varies, but the general idea is... 0 is the average human, 100 is god-like. Stats can go below 0, but that does mean that in that stat they're weaker than the average. I do pretty magical rps, but this is the one that I'm using for one of my current rps:
Name:
Codename:
Weight:
Race:
Body Type:
Class Ranking: (Intern up to S)
Hero Function:
Hero Type:
Employer: (Private/Freelance/Military)
Backstory:

Power (1-100 each, 0 is a normal human, 100 is god-like)
Offense
()
Defense
()
Mobility
()
Magical Energy
()
Stamina
()
Intelligence
()
Physical Strength
()
Total
(/700)

Primary Category:
Secondary Categories:

Raw Power ~ ---/100 (How powerful is their power?)
Visibility ~ ---/100 (How flashy is their power?)
Success ~ ---/100 (What percentage of the time do they win?)
Out of Combat Reputation ~ ---/100 (Are they an ass or do they donate to the kitten orphanage?)
Ranking ~ ---/100 (Each rank from Intern to S Class is worth 20 points.)
Political Abrasiveness ~ ---/100 (How disagreeable are their opinions and how abrasively do they voice their opinions? Higher is less abrasive.)
Property Damage ~ ---/100 (Higher is better. Think of it like a percentage of how often you AVOID causing it.)
Lethality ~ ---/100 (What percent of the time do they NOT kill people? Higher is better.)
Rescue ~ ---/100 (How good are they at rescuing people?)
Tenure ~ ---/100 (Each year or so constitutes a point.)

Total ~
Ranking ~

Appearance:
It takes into account a secondary table of sorts to rank popularity since the rp this is from is a Superhero one. If you end up liking any of this, feel free to use it and change it however you want. I'm not attached.

The Mechanist The Mechanist For my sheets, I tend to go with something concrete but flexible. Name, Age, Personality, Backstory, those sorts of things, but also an ability ranking chart. Depending on the scale of things, it varies, but the general idea is... 0 is the average human, 100 is god-like. Stats can go below 0, but that does mean that in that stat they're weaker than the average. I do pretty magical rps, but this is the one that I'm using for one of my current rps:
Name:
Codename:
Weight:
Race:
Body Type:
Class Ranking: (Intern up to S)
Hero Function:
Hero Type:
Employer: (Private/Freelance/Military)
Backstory:

Power (1-100 each, 0 is a normal human, 100 is god-like)
Offense
()
Defense
()
Mobility
()
Magical Energy
()
Stamina
()
Intelligence
()
Physical Strength
()
Total
(/700)

Primary Category:
Secondary Categories:

Raw Power ~ ---/100 (How powerful is their power?)
Visibility ~ ---/100 (How flashy is their power?)
Success ~ ---/100 (What percentage of the time do they win?)
Out of Combat Reputation ~ ---/100 (Are they an ass or do they donate to the kitten orphanage?)
Ranking ~ ---/100 (Each rank from Intern to S Class is worth 20 points.)
Political Abrasiveness ~ ---/100 (How disagreeable are their opinions and how abrasively do they voice their opinions? Higher is less abrasive.)
Property Damage ~ ---/100 (Higher is better. Think of it like a percentage of how often you AVOID causing it.)
Lethality ~ ---/100 (What percent of the time do they NOT kill people? Higher is better.)
Rescue ~ ---/100 (How good are they at rescuing people?)
Tenure ~ ---/100 (Each year or so constitutes a point.)

Total ~
Ranking ~

Appearance:
It takes into account a secondary table of sorts to rank popularity since the rp this is from is a Superhero one. If you end up liking any of this, feel free to use it and change it however you want. I'm not attached.
I tend to stay away from stats and numbers of the like since such items tend to be incredibly subjective, this rp isn’t that kind of rp. Plus truth be told I’ve rarely seen the numbers actually matter in an rp I’ve been in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back