• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Excalibur

Jagson

One Thousand Club
Somewhere in the Sellarian star cluster a single light freighter moves threw the void of space unaware that it's being fallowed.

A cloaked ship Dread Reckoning looms over it's prey. The once Alliance Celistial class battle cruiser moves closer being only a few light minutes away.

Captain Rin Carr looked into the mirror wondering if he could recognize something from who he use to be. His eyes closed a little as the artificial light became brighter signifying that they dropped out of cloak.
"So it begins." He says as he put his helmet on becoming the feared Salamander. He walked over to his small personal armory and grabbed an Alliance M-12 blaster rifle and a few grenades. "Chic jump us right behind the ship and fire the Mazer beams. KT meet me at the air lock." He said threw his helmets coms

Last edited:
KT

Though still in his quarters affixing his armor to his cybernetic parts Kull’tas heard his captains order echo through his comms, not that he needed it, in such a ship his captains voice would reach his ears with all but the most hush of whispers. Tightening his shoulder Piece he would make his way towards the airlock with long and swift strides arriving at the airlocks inner door before pressing his own comms unit. “I am in place one i call captain, standing ever ready to gift our adversaries with the blessings of tooth, claw, and blade.” The blue cat said in his usually poetic manner. The excitement in his voice was easy to make out even if you hadnt known the big lug for very long. Though it was admittedly unsurprising, few in the galaxy found themselves lucky enough to know what they were born to do, and among those few fewer still enjoyed their calling. For KT there were no such questions, his life was the hunt, the struggle, the adrenaline filled frenzy of war…and he loved every blood soaked second of it.​

"Chicago"

LOCATION: Bridge of the Excalibur Chic sat at the helm with her feet kicked up as she ate a bag of Moonchies. She was watching an episode of Space Dusters when the captain's voice emitted from her headset. Reaching over toward the Mazer switch cap duck taped with the letter "L", she flipped the release open for easy access. They were going in safeties off which was just the way she wanted things. "Got it! Hold on to your pìgu, it's gonna get a little choppy!" she replied over intercom before priming Excalibur for a sublight "bump". Just as it was going to take them away, a bunch of warning lights popped up overhead. "What the hell is this?" A bunch of Chinese letters began flooding some of the display screens. "Ka'lannnnn! I thought you fixed this crap already!" Chic desperately fumbled with the presets, trying to fix the error codes to no avail.

Ka'lan "Don't touch my wrench!"

"Alright connect this wire to this board.....connect this to that.....Press this here....." Ka'lan hands flew around a circuit board like that of a cyborg. She heard the captain's orders of them about to come behind a ship and had ordered KT to join him. The Buud rolled her eyes as her ears pinned back hearing the crew mates name as she mumbled out "Don't you dare get your arm tore up, you blue fur ball."

Flicking around a wrench in her cybernetic arm, Ka'lan was in her zone when a creak, groan and then alarms blared around her area. Soon Chic was shouting her name and the kangaroo looking alien came flying up to the cock pit looking more annoyed than nervous about what was going on.

"What what what!? What did ya touch? What did ya breathe on? I had it fixed to prime and ya touched it with your hands! Move move move, let me in before ya break it even more with your fat human fingers!"

It might sound like she was being rude but this was how Ka'lan spoke to her friends and crew mates. With sarcasm and flare.

Aia had been fast asleep in the mound of her tail till she heard the familiar rummaging of Rin going into the armory. Her eyes shot wide and she shot up straight, her eyes going straight to Rin before she stretched her arms out and up then hopped off his bed. With a few throaty clicks and hisses she trotted herself up to Rin with big curious eyes. Coming around to his left she stood low and somewhat hunched over, mostly to show his dominance as she looked up to him before standing up. Her head reaching up to rub across the chin of Rin’s helmet asking for praise.

Once received she headed to the door to wait for Rin as it was usual for her to go with him on these events. In the months since he had found the beast she had learned quickly from him. Commands, orders, when he wanted her to be a pet and when he wanted her to be the vicious hunting animal. All in the form of words or hand signals could turn Aia from his companion to his guard or weapon. Plus she loved hunting and these times were always the best chance for her to get a meal and stretch her legs. Eagerly she waited for him at the door of his quarters. She’s been taught to stay at his side when out of his quarters or when he told her to go.

Rin looked at his Alien thing. They still had no idea what she was. He smiled behind his bucket glad that he didn't have to order her. "Come on." He says as he leads the two of them to the air lock.

Something felt off. They hadn't fired. "Chic status report." He said as he hurried towards the air lock going faster.

Captain Hans Olo watched as a ship appeared on sensors. He was a middle age human with greying hair and a bushy mustache "What do we have?" He said. The once Alliance fleet Captain looked onwards "An Alliance Battle cruiser...." his navigator said. He let out a breath. No way this was an actual Alliance ship. They were too far out from their space. "Shields up prime the mazers fire on my mark." He took a seat.

"Unknown ship this is the civilian freighter Romulas. If you don't turn back we will open fire."

"Chicago"

Raising her arms dumbfoundedly, "I didn't do anything! It just started speaking Rice Noodle. Y-yeah...Okay okay! Fine!" Chic huffed as she walked away from the control panel. "Do your nerd magic or whatever it is you do." She then checked the star map to see how far this would set them back. A few minutes could quickly turn into half an hour. It looked like the freighter was still plotting at sublight but for how long? Any moment it could spot us and boogey. "Uhhhhhhh...Sal? We got a little snafu in our tofu if you know what I mean." Glancing back at one of the consoles, she noticed there were powdered cheese prints all over it. Ah man that kangaroo's gonna flip shit. "It's all good though. Ka'lans up here so we should be goo-" she started before the incoming transmission kicked in.

Pulling herself out from under a control panel and pointing her wrench at Chic, Ka'lan said "Ya did something to make it liquid laugh oil!" Grumbling at the set back that they were having Ka'lan listened to Chic explain the situation to their captain and rolled her eyes again as she began to disconnect a few wires to shut the power down on the system. The last thing she needed was to be shocked to bits from the panel and explain why the fuse was blown.

"Ah, ya bogan piece of crap.....Be nice to me. I'll even upgrade ya ta the MK 3 version if ya let me just......AH!" waving her hand quickly and sucking on it, Ka'lan growled out as she reconnected the wires and soon stood up and started to pound on the panel cussing up a storm. "Ya two bit piece of junk! Ya shock me!? Ya dare back talk ta me? I'll put ya on the spit and cook ya on the barbie for dinner!" Lifting her leg she gave the panel a quick swift kick and soon the alarms turned off and it seemed to reset it self.

Letting out a small snort Ka'lan muttered a few more choice words and looked back at Chic to say something in regards to how she had managed to panel until there was an incoming transmission. Groaning at the new turn of events Ka'lan moved closer to listen in, though her eyes zeroed in on the cheese puff stains and soon she glared at Chic pointing to it and making a motion that they were going to talk about that when this transmission was over.​

"Sir the ship isn't veering off." The tactical officer said. Hans watched the screen. "Evasive maneuvers open fire." He said.

The Romulas moved to the right and started to fire beams of energy at the Excalibur. Thr Excalibur's superior shields absorbs the attack.

Hans rubs his arm. His fingers going over a red sun with a shield behind it. "Pirate ship stand down before we escalate this further.

Rin feels the ship vibrate. "Status report." He said diverting to the bridge.

Aia trotted quickly after Rin as he led the way down the halls. Her tail dragging happily behind her as she trotted while looking up at Rin, clearly excited about what was to come. She even swapped sides every now and then without taking her eyes off him. Even letting out a few little chuffs as if to ask for permission to go on ahead to the airlock. Making it even more clear if it wasn’t already she was excited.

Cece sat at her desk with a tech based visor going over an article posted from the main hub station of this solar system they were currently coasting. It was important to always keep up with the current news, but that was soon interrupted with commotion going on outside the room of people heading towards the main deck. She lifted up her visor and adjusted her glasses before she calmly stood up to join. Suddenly she heard the ship open fire on an enemy. "Hm, looks like another fight. Better gear up." She merely picked up a couple of guns nearby in her room and hurried to assess the situation. Upon her destination of the bridge she approached one of the work stations in order to look up what known information they have on the enemy vessel, which she found out was the Romulas.

"Chicago"

Chic bit her bottom lip as she and Ka'lan made eyes, both of them knowing full well about the mess. "Status report." Snapping out of it, she rushed over to the front cockpit and took a seat next to her kanganeer copilot. "Prepare to brace! Jump in three...two...one!" Excalibur let out a smooth whine before pulsing through dead space. On the other side, Romulas appeared plain in sight beneath their crosshairs with a tone lock indicator. Even better was the fact they blipped in right under her belly. Chic glanced at Ka'lan a brief moment before firing the mazers.

ThoooOOOOOOooom!!!

Bright pink tendrils issued out of Excalibur's mizzenmast and struck the ship above with a noticeable return shake. At this range it would certainly deactivate Romulas' jump drive and likely cripple their comms relay. "Yahooo! Direct hit muchachos!" She offers up a high five to both Celia and Ka'lan before hovering a gloved hand over another joystick labeled "Autoturret Aft 3-B", training it on the underbelly of their imminent prize ship.

Nibbling her bottom lip at the quick tense action, Ka'lan braced herself for the jump by holding onto one of the seats. She gave a quick glance to Chic knowing that the pilot knew what she was doing but when the other ship fired upon them she wanted to yell at the human to move her rear in gear faster. Oh captain was gonna get an ear full later about why the ship needed upgrades and why keeping it up to date was important, and also why it was important to NOT HAVE FOOD AROUND IMPORTANT CONTROL PANELS!

Giving Chic a quick high five when she had done some fancy flying and showing off by returning fire, the kangaroo moved towards the front giving the other ship and wonderful one finger salute.

"Yeah ya bozo's! That's what'cha get for firing on this here ship! Ya don't fire on a pretty lady and don't expect her to not bite back! Hope ya can see this here finger cause I aim to stick it where the sun don't shine soon!"

Smirking and feeling mighty pleased with herself Ka'lan laughed each time the other ship was hit and took great pleasure in knowing that they might be scrambling in trying to just stay afloat.​

"Status report." Hans said as the emergency alarm blared. "Shields down to thirty percent." Jump drive is offline. Comms are down. The captain let out a small growl. " Ilisan get your apes and prepare to be boarded." He said threw the ships speakers. He then grabbed his pistol and reinforced the bridge ready for an attack. He was not going to loose another ship.

"Good shot." Rin said to Chic threw his comm. "Ka'lan we need to have a talk about the ship after this." He moved back to the airlock. "Get us docked." He pulled out his rifle he crouched behind a wall. He looked at Aia and pointed at the opposite wall. Setting the rifle to stun he let out a breath. He preferred ground combat. He was a ground pounder not a space ape.
"KT you ready?"

Cece nodded in appreciation at their very capable pilot due to her landing a direct hit successfully. In the meantime, she tapped away at her station and had to accept that information about this ship was locked tight by the Alliance. So she needed to hack into their data files in order to come up with anything of value. She was on a time crunch since they were docking soon, but right at the last minute she found something of value. "Bingo," she smiled to herself.

"Captain, before we dock, you should know that the leader of the vessel favors long distance weapons. Defensive maneuvers to get to him is imminent against them. Stand by for further information, I'll see what more I can get us," she said over the comm.

Aia stood watching Rin for his commands as they got the airlock. When he pointed to the opposite wall her eyes immediately went to it then she darted over to stand behind it. Crouched and leaned forward like a raptor. Poised ready to launch in when he commanded her to. Her eyes laser focused on Rin like a dog waiting for the command to go.

"Understood. Keep me informed. Thank you Cece." I say into my comm.

Once they connected Rin looked at Aia he motioned for her to cover her ears. He then looked at KT and raised three fingers. Taking out a flash bang he primes it for three seconds.

Opening the airlock door he quickly throws it in. "What The..." one of the ship security got out before it activated creating an ear splitting noise. Luckily since the door was slowly raising it wasn't as bad for the pirates. Once the door was all the way open Rin opened fire on the on the disoriented guards mowing them down. Though strangely there wasn't any noticeable wounds on the down men.

"Move forward. KT I'll take the bridge you take the storage." He said his voice crisp and and commanding.

Black Fleet Admiral Reginald Vickers watches as the last remnants of The Hapen Confederation outer territory fell into the Mulich Imperiums hands.

Since the war started he was tasked as an "independent contractor" to support those that the United Galaxy unofficially supported. They were a peaceful organization after all. They don't condone this bloodshed. That made vickers laugh.

"Sir the civilian Ship Romulas is in trouble." Normally he wouldn't bother with such trivial things but something important was on that ship. "Take us about and plot a course."

Interacted with
LostPrimarch LostPrimarch Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Maeve Valor Maeve Valor

KT

much transpired in the time KT spent waiting by the airlock for his inevitable role in all this. the ship jolted and rattled as the enemy's weapons collided with the superior shielding o the Excalibur. the homo-felicanian could feel his heartrate accelerate even as he bent his knees and ankles to keep himself steady in the shaking. this was what he was born for and his purpose crept ever closer. Hearing the captain ask if he was ready Kt spoke into his own comms "never have I been more ready one whom I call captain. our foes will soon learn the wisdom of fearing the crew of the mighty Excalibur." as son as the captain produced a flashbang KT smiled wickedly while flattening his ears against his head in preparation of the sound.

BANG!!!

As the flashbang went off KT slid under the still rising door with the grace of a breeze, he spotted the first man being struc by the rifle and fall without injury and pieced together that this was not a killer operation. Still, his Non-lethal combat was a good deal less forgiving than his captains. While those lucky enough to be felled by the captain's rifle were still falling KT would slam an unlucky man into the wall of the corridor using his shield. the force immediately took the fight out of the poor soul nearly embedding him into the wall to the point where he took a few more moments to fall afterward, yet before he had hit the ground KT's sword would split the blaster in the second man's hands before his shield fizzled out and he grabbed the mans thigh with a vice-like grip and used him as a cudgel to beat the third man into unconsciousness before tossing his improvised human hammer aside igniting his shield and crouching low behind it creating a cover for his teammates. hearing his captain ordering him to take the storage bay he would nod,
"consider it done, no force brought against me will prevent the task from being completed as you have commanded."

Cece spent a little more time searching what she could on the database of the Romulas. When it came to the inventory portion of the files there was a redacted part that seemed to be totally wiped. "Interesting..." After extracting what she could, she walked to the docking area and held her gun within range if anyone somehow tried to sneak onboard. She never excelled when it came to combat, but it was easy to shoot someone at point blank range; THAT she could handle at the very least.

Security Chief Ilisun got himself ready. "Sir they broke threw our defensive line. " said one of his men threw his com. He was a Vegan a human like race with olive skin. Their bodies are compacted with nails so sharp they can cut threw bone. They also have tails.

"How many?" He said. "Three." He nearly choked at that. "Three? You guys retreated because of three beings." He shook his head in disgust. He never should've left the corps. "I swear if these aren't Shades you are all in for a rude awakening. "

"Shades sir?" His right hand said threw her translator. "What are those?"

"Shadow ops one of Alliance's special forces units." He said looking at the Alemecian. She looked like a bipedal grizzle bear with the head of a rotwiller. "I'll take team two to storage." Ilisun said. "Head to the bridge with team three"

Rin parted ways with KT as he headed to the bridge. Moving threw the corridors he took out those who got in his way. While he wasn't opposed to killing as anyone in his crew could attest. He had his reasons for keeping these people alive. Most of them were innocent. Depleting his charge pack he realized he made it to the bridge.

Putting his riffle away he took out his pistol and slowly moved towards the door. "At the bridge." He said raising his pistol

Right before he reached the door some force of nature picked him up and threw him into the wall like some rag doll. Shaking his head a little disoriented he saw an Alecian standing infront of him.

He raised up the pistol only for it to be knocked out of his hands. The Bear than brings her Claws down onto Rin tearing apart the areas unprotected from the armor.

Rolling her eyes at the captain when he spoke to her about needing to chat about the ship, Ka'lan huffed as she brought up her cybernetic arm and pressed a few buttons that created a hologram map of the craft and on the right side had a blitz of lines buzz by. It was a diagnostic scan and if anything was wrong with the ol' gal Ka'lan would be on it quicker than a pirate was on a stack of gold.

She mumbled some things as the team had left to do their work against the poor sods that were sitting ducks, giving a glance to Chic huffing to her. "He got some nerve to tell me that we need to talk after this battle? I kept us running. I kept us safe. He needs to actually spend the credits and upgrade the ship."

The Buud also pointed a sharp finger, claw, hoof? Whatever it was at Chic and then at the cheese puff stains. "Oi! By the way, Chic! What's be this mess on me panel? Hmm? I told ya to keep this place tidy!" If it was one thing Ka'lan could not stand it was having a ship be dirtied up by food stains. She hated it since grease from chips and food was near impossible to remove. So if she could help it she made damn sure that there was no food around anything that was important.

Interacted with:​

(Ilisun)
It wasn't hard for Ilisun to track down the Homo-Felincas he just fallowed the bodies of his downed men. He was surprised that most of them were still alive. This only left him curious wondering why they would do so. As this was happening his tail started to sway back and forth as enjoyment started to creep in. He smiled wide and licked his lips getting ready for the coming fight.

Once his squad reached the beast of an alien Ilisun told them to stand down. He placed all of his weapons on the floor before taking off his torso armor and under shirt revealing his torso to be covered with black and white markings. To a Vegan it shows the warriors battle history. The white celebrations of victory the black defeats to learn from. "Stop and face me honorable warrior." He said proudly
LostPrimarch LostPrimarch

(Rin)
Rin barley pulled away from the Almecian. His helmet was on the ground destroyed losing his comms and signs that he was still alive. His armor had claw marks all over it. His face was bruised with a claw mark going across the his face. If it wasn't for his armor he would be dead.

Coughing up blood he activated his gauntlets electrical power. "Bring it cub." He said before rushing towards the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back