• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The eternal voyager of the verdant dynasty

Squid Pro Quo

Introduction and the details.

Hello, I'm Matsu. I should divulge some details about myself. I'm a roleplayer and artist. I've been rping for over two decades now. Other tidbits about myself are that I'm a female, born and raised in Afghanistan, and English is my third language. Despite this, I'm confident my ability to paint a scene and portray a character ought to suffice.

I'm seeking a fellow writer to pen a long-term story with. I don't care about your gender or any such details as I find them immaterial. Your length isn't crucial to me, as RP is collaborative and not competitive. Regarding the story itself, I like to discuss such details with my partner. I find it challenging to create a narrative that doesn't favor my creation when I don't have half the cast. (Or more.) I'll elaborate more on that later. If you wish to see my world, I can send the link. Nevertheless, exploring that universe is optional, and I'm more than fine delving into your setting.

What I'm looking for in a partner.

1) 18+
2) Must have a character sheet.
3) It must be an OC not tied to a fandom.
4) I only do fantasy grounded in some logic.
5) The willpower to read and commit.
6) Your post time can fluctuate. Communicate with me if you need time, I'm patient.
7) At least two paragraphs from my partner. (Proper paragraphs.)

You can send your creations right away if you desire. If you elect to contact me, I'll send my character sheet then. I understand some might denote my lack of a "plot" as a negative. That's fine. I am just not fond of putting you into boxes such as but not limited to...

"You will play this race, this role, this gender. We will fall in love. these things will happen, and this is your backstory."

I fancy more fluidity and feel giving my partner more control over the OC they wish to create or use has proven immeasurably more beneficial. Things I will not be interested in.

1) Ego
2) CRP without reason
3) Wish Fulfillment, self-inserts, power fantasy.
4) Godmodding
5) Metagaming
6) Not playing a role.
7) Mary/Gary sues
8) Not respecting my OC's autonomy.
9) Forcing dice/stats on me

The crux of the concept.

For those that require a prompt, here is the gist. My OC (Valerna Jorgenskull) is the eternal voyager. A soul condemned to suffer an undying odyssey. She ambles across the land in search of answers. Often, she describes herself as a mercenary. She spends her time slaying monsters or aiding the crown/guards in sorting out problems. When she isn't serving a banner, she assumes the role of a simple laborer to blend in. Valerna resides within one location till she fetches enough coin to justify traveling to another town or city.

Your oc can be anything. A noble, veteran, guard, fellow merc, traveling merchant, or even a performer. (To name a few.) The species/gender of your character also doesn't matter to me. The plight can vary from a slice of life to something more adventurous or combat-focused. The beauty of her story is that it allows for an anthology setup. Your character and mine will eventually meet up and get to know one another. Their meeting is just another chapter within both their sagas. It can be a one-off or mature into something long-term.

DM for the character sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back