• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Eobine Expedition - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I feel like even though re-enchanting makes more sense in the context of the world, having it be based on stamina makes the RP more interesting, because then characters have to be strategic with when they use their powers, so I'd go with that one!
Got it!, I'll write it more prettily now, haha

How many layers there that have been discovered and mapped? Is there a 'no-turning-back' layer somewhere?
Refer to the Lore Page, the Eobine Tab:
What is documented of Eobine is often organized into 'layers'. The general rule is, the higher you go, the more dangerous it becomes. The first ten or so layers of Eobine are considered safe, and have many different towns and cities on it. From there, it gets steadily more treacherous. Trained professionals who are there to harvest particular elements routinely go past this point, but there's also a huge trend of people organizing their own private expeditions, for their own reasons. Officials of Leranor tried to dissuade people from doing this, but technically no one 'owns' all of Eobine and can't prevent them from doing this, and it was taking up too much time and effort for something that wasn't working, so now they basically have a rule of 'if you die, it's your own damn fault'.

There are some layers that have been documented, but only a handful of times, and are considered so dangerous that even trained professionals don't go up there if they can't help it. There are rumors of a 'Deadman's Layer', a layer that people have yet to go past and live to tell the tale, but it's a very enigmatic thing and not much is known.

Hm, I'm looking for the exact number. If we assume the first ten layers are already habitable by humans then by knowing the number of discovered and mapped layers we can get the sense of how far human has progressed through Eobine.

Hm, I'm looking for the exact number. If we assume the first ten layers are already habitable by humans then by knowing the number of discovered and mapped layers we can get the sense of how far human has progressed through Eobine.
Long answer:
The first ten are like, completely safe, if you die up there it's usually due to natural causes and not like, big fire breathing lizards. From there the next ten are a little more tricky but there are still a few villages that have managed to inhabit the place - if you know a little about survival you'll be fine, most of the creatures there are well documented and people know what they're getting into. Following the theme, the next ten are like, you reaaally need to be careful - the creatures up there aren't just vicious, they're the ones with the slightly more 'out there' abilities that are less easy to predict. There's one village on the 24th layer, but it's small and made up of people who have already basically spent their entire lives up there and know everything about that particular layer. Around the 30th layer, this is where Extractors don't tend to go past - there's usually an official yearly expedition past there to gather as much as possible, and then they try not to bother with it past there.
This is for two reasons: One, there are always way too many casualties to justify going up there regularly. Two, this is where Eobine gets, to put it lightly, real fuckin' weird. Like, there's this strange mist that coats most of it, and people have reported hearing or seeing things in the mist that aren't actually there, or it gets really thick and they get dizzy and wake up somewhere else. Famously, a group of people who managed their way up to the 36th layer jumped to their death for no apparent reason, and people theorise it was something to do with the mist.
Obviously, from this point, things get muddy. Officially, there are 40 documented layers. However, there are people who have claimed to go further, but they haven't been able to substantiate it.
The rumoured 'dead mans layer', most people who believe in it say that it must be the 50th layer, or somewhere close to that.

Short answer:
40 documented layers! But around the 30 mark, there are layers that haven't been visited in years because of how dangerous they are.

(Currently waiting for a bunch of things to render and I have nothing better to do, so I might write a bunch of stuff about points of interest on Eobine while I wait, if people are interested)

That would be nice! And maybe some common plants/animals on there? like a field guide? or could we make those up with permission?

Nano Nano Pyosimros Pyosimros

Are you the same guy with two accounts or is it a coincidence you have similar profile pictures and just posted after eachother? I'm at a loss
We decided to go with a matching set for our pfps. The reason for pyo posting right after me is because we were working together since our characters are siblings.

Helloo I'm back, gonna look over the character sheets now and I'll try to have the starter posted later today maybe?

The IC thread is up and ready, sorry about the wait! If there's any spelling errors I'm sorry, it's quite late for me right now but I knew I had to get it posted

2 question: First, how much info were they given about this exhibition? Like was it a flyer? Were they targeted specifically? Do they know who Arthur is and/or what he looks like?

Second, is there a discord server?

N Nue

2 question: First, how much info were they given about this exhibition? Like was it a flyer? Were they targeted specifically? Do they know who Arthur is and/or what he looks like?

Second, is there a discord server?

N Nue
They weren't targeted specifically, but Arthur sent the information about it in letter form to places where people likely to be interested would see it. So for example he sent one to the Eobine Research Union, where it would've been put up for others to read and suggested to people. Some cities have notice places where you can submit the information about expeditions, too. From there, the information often spreads by word of mouth too. Exploring Eobine is something a lot of people are interested in but can't do because it's dangerous to explore without a team, so noticeboards across the world where you can advertise your expedition are common.

As for information:
Arthur has given his name and a little information about him, but since he's not an established figure with a history of exploring there's not much to read. There's also a tiiiiny photo of him so people know overall what he looks like.

He's advertised it as a very open ended expedition: people can leave when they want, and the overall 'goal' is to try to get as high as they possibly can. His selling point was essentially, "everyone has personal reasons for wanting to visit Eobine, this is a group that will allow you to do it".

There isn't a discord server but I can make one if that's something people are interested in?

I wouldn't mind a discord server either. I'd more than likely be able to respond quicker to ooc stuff on there ^^

I activate my fauna enthusiast card!
Gomenesigh Gomenesigh do you want Rokka to know something about Zuzu or do you want to just keep him as mysterious undiscovered animal? Or his species is already documented?

Hey! Quick question - is this RP still open for a last-minute submission? I've got an idea for a character and I'd love to join this crew!

Hey! Quick question - is this RP still open for a last-minute submission? I've got an idea for a character and I'd love to join this crew!
Yep that's fine! As said we've just started so there's an easy chance to just jump in ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back