• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Eobine Expedition - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Nue

latest

The OOC chat for the roleplay. Feel free to ask any questions here!​

Lina and Kerrian. Two very different characters in the same setting. This is gonna be a crazy RP. Not that I'm complaining about that. lol

Lina and Kerrian. Two very different characters in the same setting. This is gonna be a crazy RP. Not that I'm complaining about that. lol
Heheh, yeah, I'm hoping to have interesting dynamics between the characters :D

N Nue could I have more info on the Leranor natives and their general lifestyle/culture?
Sorry about the late reply; for some reason I didn't get a notification until I was tagged a second time, orz..
I'll post a more in-depth thing on the lore page if it's needed, but here's some quick stuff:

- Most Leranor natives are deeply religious and believe Eobine is a sacred tree that must be treated with respect. As such, a lot of them take issue with how it's now basically part tourist area, and part being drained for all it's resources.
- Leranor natives try to live close to the tree, but never on the tree itself. So a lot of villages used to be right up against the base and roots of the tree, but never on top of the roots. Likewise, sacred sites dedicated to worshipping the tree are built in close proximity but never actually touch it.
- Because the Euslaric Empire came in and was like "my island now", even though there are a lot of rituals and such associated with the Leranor natives, they're unfortunately unable to do a lot of these now. Mainly because the empire destroyed a lot of their sacred sites and villages to make room for whatever they needed, which, to add insult to injury, often turned out to be factories and labs dedicated to extracting and packaging resources found on the tree, something that uhh, directly conflicts with their religion. Practices that still often go on today though include praying by the tree, and going up it for pilgrimages.
- They aren't opposed to taking resources from the tree, just taking more than is needed. The bark and moss from the tree, for example, are key elements used in their medicine and meals. The general consensus is: take what is needed, and be thankful for what the tree gave ya
- They have reeeeaaally effective medicine, but only for a limited range of ailments because they don't go very far up the tree, so ingredients in higher, more dangerous sections that deal with more specific conditions aren't used.

I hope that helps, I'll write more asap on the lore page bc it's getting late for me

Oh, by the way, N Nue , how does the tattoos work, as in, where does the magic come from?
It's sort of like - resources found on Eobine have special properties, which are then extracted, distilled, liquified, whatever applies, and added to the ink. This gives the ink those properties, and then using this ink to tattoo a body binds that property to that body.
So for example, say there's a creature on Eobine that is flame resistant, and that property comes from something found in their blood. If you take their blood and extract the relevant element from it, then add it to the tattoo ink, then tattoo a person with it, that person's body becomes flame resistant.
I hope that makes sense,,, I'm sort of half awake rn and I'm not sure if it does haha. tl;dr ... fantasy magic

I think we both have a
N Nue 😂 I'll change it though dw

It's sort of like - resources found on Eobine have special properties, which are then extracted, distilled, liquified, whatever applies, and added to the ink. This gives the ink those properties, and then using this ink to tattoo a body binds that property to that body.
So for example, say there's a creature on Eobine that is flame resistant, and that property comes from something found in their blood. If you take their blood and extract the relevant element from it, then add it to the tattoo ink, then tattoo a person with it, that person's body becomes flame resistant.
I hope that makes sense,,, I'm sort of half awake rn and I'm not sure if it does haha. tl;dr ... fantasy magic
Yeah, although that doesn't explain how does active abilities work regarding that, if the design of the tattoo helps in any way or how the materials still retain their power.

I have a suggestion, if you want:

Materials used in the tattoos are graded in both their element and quality. Things coming from a Salamander(weak fire monster) would be considered to be a "Fire Epsilon", while things coming from a Red Dragon (extremely strong fire monster) would be considered to be a "Fire Alpha". The amount of elements are endless, but their grade conforms with the quality (From lowest to highest: Epsilon, Delta, Gamma, Beta, Alpha).

Now, the tattoo design alters significantly the way this material is used. There are common ones, that let people have resistance to certain elements or diseases, Like you said here:
Most people, upon reaching 18, get a small tattoo that better defends them from disease or otherwise slightly improves their well-being, but due to the permanent nature of them, tattoos more extreme than that are often found on more.. dedicated people.
And there are more detailed ones, that either use a specific aspect of an element(Fire resistance, alacrity of wind, etc), or potencialize a certain aspect of it (A small fireball and a large fireball would require different tattoo designs). Most of it was discovered through trial and error, along with gallons of magical tattoo removal.

Finally, the matter of where the energy come from. You can choose from several ways that the magic is cast from, but I'd prefer to use one of these three:
-Stamina: The tattoo draw upon the caster's fatigue, making them more tired with each use. This can tie with the alchemy/enchanted food of it as well.
-Mana: Everyone has mana in their bodies, which is a soul energy of sorts, and the tattoos draw upon this energy. Once it's over, the magic simply doesn't work.
-Re-enchanting: The materials in the tattoo have a period of useful life, and stop working once they outlived their potency. Reapplying the material(through either redrawing the tattoo or just a simple rebinding ritual) would restore the power of these sigils.

Let me know what you think.

I think we both have a
N Nue 😂 I'll change it though dw
Agghh I'm sorry- 😂 Just keep it as Arthur and have it be a recurring thing that neither of them know which one people are talking to at any given moment jkjk

Yeah, although that doesn't explain how does active abilities work regarding that, if the design of the tattoo helps in any way or how the materials still retain their power.

I have a suggestion, if you want:

Materials used in the tattoos are graded in both their element and quality. Things coming from a Salamander(weak fire monster) would be considered to be a "Fire Epsilon", while things coming from a Red Dragon (extremely strong fire monster) would be considered to be a "Fire Alpha". The amount of elements are endless, but their grade conforms with the quality (From lowest to highest: Epsilon, Delta, Gamma, Beta, Alpha).

Now, the tattoo design alters significantly the way this material is used. There are common ones, that let people have resistance to certain elements or diseases, Like you said here:

And there are more detailed ones, that either use a specific aspect of an element(Fire resistance, alacrity of wind, etc), or potencialize a certain aspect of it (A small fireball and a large fireball would require different tattoo designs). Most of it was discovered through trial and error, along with gallons of magical tattoo removal.

Finally, the matter of where the energy come from. You can choose from several ways that the magic is cast from, but I'd prefer to use one of these three:
-Stamina: The tattoo draw upon the caster's fatigue, making them more tired with each use. This can tie with the alchemy/enchanted food of it as well.
-Mana: Everyone has mana in their bodies, which is a soul energy of sorts, and the tattoos draw upon this energy. Once it's over, the magic simply doesn't work.
-Re-enchanting: The materials in the tattoo have a period of useful life, and stop working once they outlived their potency. Reapplying the material(through either redrawing the tattoo or just a simple rebinding ritual) would restore the power of these sigils.

Let me know what you think.
D'you mind if I add this to the lore page?

Absolutely not; I'm all for people adding stuff to the lore!
also for some reason I just keep imagining that Cleeps look like that new Wooloo pokemon
Actually, yes, I take Wooloo as inspiration. Just change those weird braids with oversized ears and there you go XD

Also, something's came up that miiight complicate things slightly; I'm going somewhere on Friday and staying there until Sunday morning and as it turns out there is absolutely 0 wifi and no data, either which is.. very annoying. So I'm not sure if I should try to get the RP posted before then or wait til I'm back to post it?

Alright; I think that also gives me time to make sure everyone who wants to join has submitted a character sheet, too. (I was just worried if I left it for too long people would lose interest, aha)

Yep, I'm cool with waiting too ^^
I actually have my final exam on Friday so I'll get some time to revise physics. I think the wait will just make me more excited if anything :csmile:

Oh gosh, that ended up longer than I thought it would ^^;
Apologies if you find any errors, I'll have to have a proper proofread when I come back

Not at all! Let me know what type of energy you want to use and I'll write a more detailed post so you can put it in the lore page.
I feel like even though re-enchanting makes more sense in the context of the world, having it be based on stamina makes the RP more interesting, because then characters have to be strategic with when they use their powers, so I'd go with that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back