• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

K.O.D

No lights please
F98023DD-F71B-42B1-AB78-3ED22A73931A.jpegSome men are normal, others become different as the forces of life change them, and Others are just born different. Augustus Atori is one such man, Born in 1878 he inherited his fathers vast real estate fortune and wasted No time spending his money in ways he found to be fruitful, and using the excess profits to fund his expeditions. You see Maxwell had long believed that there were ancient civilizations on earth whose technology and knowledge surpassed ours and he spent nearly fifty years scouring the globe to find these ancient civilizations hidden knowledge.He found a great deal of artifacts and structures, most of which he donated to the Smithsonian museums. However it had always been rumored after his death in 1945 that some of his artifacts and notes were not turned in and his son Cooper Atori being a very private man would not speak to the press or to any of those who questioned him about it, though he would go on to shift his families fortune from real estate into Military technology contracts earning him a reputation as a warmonger.

Cooper Atori would have a son in 1966 named Maxwell who like his father and his grandfather would prove a very brilliant man, however his light would severely outshine his predecessors. As his father crept into senility he was left the company but not his fathers shares, however Maxwell expanded the business tremendously, partnering with Boing, Johnson & Johnson, Dove, And investing heavily in the growth and development of the internet. Soon his empire encompasses everything from medical technology, weapons development, rocket science, toiletries, and even food. Having become a central player in both the worlds economy and governments Maxwell was introduced to a world of power that he would find to be insufficient. Others in his social cast had their secret societies but it wasn’t until Maxwell Joined the secret society called the Luminaries that he began to see the coming problems.

As it turned out mankind was aware that humans were not alone in the universe, They had been contacted and even met with a species called the Archaeon since Nikola Tesla had made contact with them using electrical signals. Since then these Aliens had made a deal with these Elite families. The Luminaries would prepare the world for the Archaeons coming invasion, and when they came the luminaries would be left alive to rule the entire world after the Archaeon had “Purged” the planet of all the “corrupted ones.” Aghast at their information Maxwell would play as if he was on the bandwagon, but secretly he had already begun contemplating how he would prepare himself to oppose them, both the Luminaries, and the Archaeons.
~~~
25BE7EB3-4986-4C73-BAA3-EB487BF9CCCB.jpeg
It is now 2022 and Humanity is seeing some dark times, political strife the world over, disasters out the yin yang, economic turmoil, and Health crisis after health crisis rocks the world. Everyone can sense in the pit of their guts that something is coming and it will be massive. However almost none are aware of what approaches…The Archaeon are but one year from earth now, the World is prepared for them like a well garnished meal. People are divided, the internet and technology are everywhere, and people are so easily swayed by the technology they have come to depend on. The perfect environment for the Archaeon to make their arrival. However the worlds most powerful man has not been sitting on his hands.

Maxwell found his Grandfather’s stash of artifacts and relics nearly twenty years ago hidden on their families land in a tree his fathers childhood swing hung from. While most of it was just simple trinkets, among the ancient treasures there was one thing that changed the world and made Maxwell feel hopeful for the first time since his meeting the Luminaries. A simple orb containing a strange never before seen kind of energy. Countless tests and experiments later and Maxwell had somehow come up with a strange kind of radiation condensed from the energy. Using this radiation he performed several experiments on animals before he decided to move on to human trials…which he promptly selected his twin Children Roxanne and Roxas. With their experiment resulting in a roaring success he went about finding several families who were going to abort their children and instead offered them hundreds of thousands of dollars to carry the child to term and then give the child to him. This certainly resulted in some shady and very illegal activities but for two decades it allowed Maxwell to build up a small army of people who were granted strange capabilities by this radiation. Once the children would reach the age of ten he would begin training them in military strategy and combat training, espionage and psychological manipulation, and of course global history, science, math, and How to read and write many languages. However he would never lie to them, he always told the kids that they were selected for the sole purpose of defending humanity from the coming alien threat, and then leading them to a brighter future afterwards. The one thing he didn’t tell his children was the fact that he was well past the point of no return in a long battle with heart cancer. A battle he very recently lost. In his will his two twin children Roxanne and Roxas were listed as the inheritors of all his estate, including his secret project in their family ranch. However this has created a new problem this army of Mutated children must face as the first question Roxanne asked upon taking the reigns was “Who actually wants to be here?” Followed shortly by her brother granting permission for those who wish to opt out of the program to do so. After this decision they would hold a vote as to whether or not those that remain would decide to take their operation public…and that is where our story begins.​

The Overview

So In this story we will all be playing the role of the children of Maxwells project. Each of our characters would be exposed to different forms of the radiation therapy from what will be referred to from this point on as Weirdrad.
Weirdrad has unnatural properties that doesn’t seem to adhere to the laws of physics but without some form of organic exposure it seems to have no usable effects.

Those effected by Weirdrad will have mutations to their bodies that allow for additional abilities than what is normally allotted to humans. However these abilities are usually tied to ones metabolism and will rapidly deplete a persons stamina as they use these additional abilities. These abilities range from Superhuman physical attributes of a wide variety, to psychic powers to manipulate certain elements, even manipulation of brainwaves or electrical impulses.

the only request I have is that you be a little reasonable. Our characters are not meant to be godlike superheroes, we’re kinda supposed to be the underdogs going up against aliens who will be arriving with a pretty hefty advantage though I can assure you they will not be what you expect. Nonetheless we will have an interesting plot line to follow and you will likely be satisfied with where we end up. If this is up your alley then don’t hesitate to let me know .

Here is an example of the kind of characters we are working with. This is not by any means a CS just a way of showing the kind of things this story has and a good example of the power scale in play.

571DB239-D009-4066-91EA-CDD56C820D6F.jpeg
Roxanne Atori- A brilliant young woman said to have inherited her fathers mind. She has been imbued with a unique ability to Absorb and Eliminate Weirdrads and the Energy from which Weirdrad originates from. Using this she has displayed the ability to reduce and even temporarily remove the abilities of others, strangely enough she can even absorb minor amounts of Weirdrad from normal humans however the process of doing so seems to kill the normal humans and so she avoids doing so at all if possible. Her White Wraith armor is a special design from her fathers armory and is connected to her brothers suit through wireless energy transfer so long as they are within 100 meters of one another. Like her brother Roxannes ability seems to have no detrimental effects when used.

12BC80E3-9C2A-449A-8E7D-63ABA04FCB2C.jpeg
Roxas Atori- While not as intellectually gifted as his sister, Roxas is a stellar athlete and has a seemingly unyielding optimism about him. He lets his sister run most of the decisions for the Compound though technically has equal authority to her. He was imbued with the unique ability to generate Weirdrads and the Energy from which it originates, using this he is able to not only temporarily imbue normal humans with randomly generated abilities, but he can also drastically amplify his allies abilities as well. Furthermore he took the White Paladin armor which requires energy to function, which Roxas generate in abundance. The armor fuels his own Plasma rifle and fortifies his physical attributes mildly, it also has wireless energy transmitters he can use to give energy to his sisters armor in order to fuel her beam saber…furthermore that same system allows his sister to siphon energy off of him when he begins to overheat his armor and weapon. That said aside from burning up his armor and weapons and potential collateral damage around him, using Roxas’a ability seems to have no ill effects on him.

Last edited:
Stuff I forgot.

1. characters can also be any of the Embued Children that left the compound upon Maxwells Death.

2. My characters and plot are not the only thing in this story, you are welcome to come up with your own sub stories or plots as you see fit but the primary plot will take precedence

3. sadly the aliens are not playable and neither are the luminaries…I may change my mind on this with enough suggestion.

4. multiple characters are welcome.

5. I will kick this off once I have at least three pokes. The pages will be up by the end of the weekend.​

Here is the OCC page

I will be starting on the Lore page and the CS page a little later today and will have both completed by Sunday. Or at least the Cs page, the lore might never be finished as I will be adding to it perpetually.

Here is the CS Page your welcome to make a Character now if you want or you can wait for the lore pages completion. I will be making three characters two to progress the plot and one to be my main character.

Here is a lore page. For now it just has a timeline but I’ll be adding info on the compound and the luminaries, the Archaeon, the ancient civilization, and the governments of the world.

I'm not gonna poke this I'm gonna double poke this.
Expect a CS from me tomorrow morning or by the evening.

I'm not gonna poke this I'm gonna double poke this.
Expect a CS from me tomorrow morning or by the evening.
Lovely I’m hoping to kick us off by Friday but I may start early and just close applications for compound members. So if your cs does fall behind the start date all it will do is prevent someone from making a character who is still a part of the compound. The positions for the Weirds (what we call the subjects who were exposed to Weirdrad.) who left the compound a year ago will remain open for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back