• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The End of Us || RP

81649dd1b637a32553f4af3ef265fcd2.jpg

</Alexander Moore/>
Alex had trailed off in his own head, but he still sent the occasional glances at his newcomers from within his mask. Now he wasn't exactly distrustful, but he was still glad that none of his guns had gone missing in the time he left the alone with them. One of the quickest way to find trust was to put yourself at lethal danger right off the bat.

There was an old coin that gathered dust on the workbench, and in his absent-mindedness Alexander had started twirling it. The woman offered the rest of her soup to the child, and the child was hesitant to accept it. "Food we've got," He cut in. "For now, anyway. I wasn't expecting visitors." His gaze was fixated on the coin he was spinning, but now they wandered up towards the girl.

She didn't seem like the hostile type, seeing as she hadn't taken his gun and was already hugging the young child. Perhaps they knew each other, but it didn't seem so from the kid's earlier reactions. That way, it appeared strange to Alex that she had been hit by a bullet.

"... If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to deserve getting shot up and tossed in the river?"

Olivier Olivier Tasteless Tasteless

Skylar Lee Marble

Acacia-Brinley-video.jpg

"You poor, unfortunate soul.."

She smiled softly when Kaiden seemed rather hesitant with taking her soup, yet she gently placed it by his feet. "Of course, you need it more than I do." Suddenly, the man who had brought her hear asked her a question, a rather personal one. She spaces out for a moment, her blue eyes glazing over.
"are you sure we can trust him, Sky? He just seems.. off." Came the soft voice of her brother, looking up at her with innocent blue eyes that mirrored her own. "Yes, Lip, I am sure. No one in our group would put you in danger." she spoke softly, in a voice that resembled their mothers. "If you say so.. He just looks so.. I don't know... Nervous?" Skylar giggled softly, before kissing the top of her brothers head. "Everything will be fine, I promise."
"I promise"
"I promise" Skylar whispers softly, before suddenly comes back to real life, blinking away the tears that had welled in her blue eyes. Her cheeks and ears felt hot, as they were blushing with frustration. She looks towards Alex, and clears her throat softly. "I tried to kill them all." she says plainly, "I got to the point where all I had to do was pull the trigger, and I didn't" Her voice was hard now, her eyes no longer gentle, instead they were scolding and harsh. "I wanted them dead, because they kil-" Skylar falters, glancing toward Kaiden briskly, before meeting Alex's gaze coldly. "They took my brother from me, and I can never get him back." She looks toward the ground, and sighs softly. "An eye for an eye, right?" she shakes her head, mentally scolding herself for not pulling the trigger, scolding herself for being so naïve. If she would have just grabbed her brother, he would still be alive. She would have never nearly drowned, she would still have that sliver of happiness.
"I-I need some air." she says quietly, rubbing her forehead gently. She gets to her feet, despite her leg screaming in protest. She quickly buttons her pants and adjusts looks down. A massive hole cut where he wound is, makes her scoff softly.
She limps past the boys quickly, before stepping out the door and into the nature. Skylar breaths heavily, sadness choking her and tears quickly pour down her flushed cheeks. She whimpers quietly, using the sleeve of her sweater to quickly brush away her tears.
The outside was incredibly silent, and which felt nice for once. No zombies in sight, to her delight.

Olivier Olivier Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Last edited:
Damien R. WeiseA Lost Soul

tumblr_m2gdprNlhj1qmgkn7o1_500.gif

"What kind of God does this?"
To say Damien felt troubled, would have been quite the understatement for a man of his stature. Dark persona, dark history, dark, well, everything. Even his own eyes have shifted to a dark grey like substance, as if they sense the aura in natures now natural atmosphere, and have decided to adapt to it. Almost like a curse set upon the male, just so life could bend him over, and screw him in the Alps. He hated it, with a passion, but at this point, what could he do right? He couldn't change anything.

But something went off in Damien as he saw the man walk off. No, it wasn't the strange and quick pace of which he saw him walk off, or the dog's instinct of sniffing the air as it realized something was off, Damien had to say it was the hoard of Zombies, the undead, that were making their way to him at this very moment. It was, silent, subtle, one wouldn't even recognize it until it was too late, but Damien knew, Damien always knew.

Faster than he had ever ran before, he jumped out once again, running to the man with his feet clasping to the gritty black top. He jumped, tackling the man to the ground, behind a car, as he grabbed the dog and restrained it's mouth from opening. He closed his eyes, taking deep breaths as the three undead made their way past them, unkowing of their position. That's when he finally let go of the dogs mouth.

tumblr_m90y916iSI1rnqros.v1.gif
Kaiden Finch

Kaiden reluctantly accepted Skylar's soup, picking up the can and looking at it for a while before taking a small sip. He payed close attention as Alex asked her how she got injured, as he was curious as well. Skylar didn't seem to take the question very well at all. "...You okay?" He asked uncomfortably, but got no response. Instead, she rambled out something that didn't answer the question in the slightest, then she quickly limped outside.
"Shit..."
His eyes widening in surprise and confusion, Kaiden got up and ran out after her, clearly not getting the hint that she wanted privacy. "Hey, where are you going? What the fuck just happened back there!?" Here snapped, sounding angry even though he wasn't. He was mostly just confused, and more than a little scared. He didn't understand what she was doing, and he knew very well that unpredictable people could be highly dangerous.

Tasteless Tasteless Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze

Christopher & Josie Walker​
9adda4e77c22dabff11df26f9d7ef77b.jpg

Christopher readjusted the pack on his shoulder, reaching out to the younger girl next to him, as her pace began to slow. Josie willingly accepted her sibling's hand and shifted to where she could rest her head on his arm as they walked. The smaller girl was starting to show signs of fatigue and, with their only source of warmth hidden above the tree's, had started trembling despite the layer's the two had previously found. Christopher wasn't sure how long the pair had been walking, but he didn't think Josie could go much farther without a little break or two. As if she had read his mind, Josie let out a soft sigh, "Are we going to stop soon, Chrissy?"

Christopher glanced around, looking for signs of life, or so to speak, signs of the dead. The scenery appeared the same as it had been a few hours ago: tree's, leaves, and oh, more trees. There hadn't been a single roamer since the two fled from the infected town. He knew that they needed to stop. Josie needed a second to catch her breath. It had to be days since the two last got to properly rest and unlike Christopher, the seven-year-old couldn't physically endure such stress. But he didn't like the idea of settling in an area so exposed. Even if he ended up carrying her, he wanted to find a safe place for the girl to sleep. "Yeah," He replied, exhaling. "Just a little bit farther, okay? Just until we get out of the woods."

Josie poked her bottom lip out, lifting her Bear-Bear to her chest. "Okay." She complied, lifting her foot to kick a rock across the ground. Christopher smiled at her diligence, pulling his hand out of her grasp to pat the top of her head. Christopher couldn't help but notice that Josie had managed to pull her hair out of the bun. The two walked for a little more before Christopher slowed his pace to a stop. Josie followed in her sibling's footsteps and stopped, watching him with a confused expression. "What are w-?" Josie started but was cut off by her brother rapidly placing his hand over her mouth. "Wait." He whispered, looking between the trees. Meanwhile, Josie didn't mind the stop. It wasn't until she heard a familiar snarl did Josie realize why her brother had stopped. "Chrissy?"

"You just stay close, okay?" He mumbled, nudging the young girl to start walking again. Christopher withdrew a blade from his bag, holding it away from Josie. As a member of the undead stepped out from behind a tree, Christopher sighed. Only one, he told himself. He could handle one. The teen glanced at his sister, silently telling her to stay put and stepped forward, raising his blade. As the walker charged, Christopher grabbed it's throat and forced the knife into its skull. When the Walker dropped to the ground, Christopher let out a curse as another two rushed forward. "Josie. Get back." He announced. Treading backward, the teen's heel snagged on a loose root and sent him sprawling to the floor. The knife slide from his hand and the walker descended on top of the teen. Almost out of instinct, the older teen lifted his forearm and shoved it into the dead man's throat, successfully restraining the walker. Christopher struggled, his free hand stretching out for the knife that lay just out of his reach.

Christopher's fingertips brushed against the hilt of the blade when his attention was suddenly diverted to Josie, as she let out a soft wail. A stray walker had turned its attention away from Christopher and was now stumbling towards the young girl. "No!" He screamed, attempting to push away the snapping jaws on top of him. "Josie! Run!" He cried, "Get away from her!" The walker slipped forward and his gaze on the girl was suddenly forced away.

Josie inhaled sharply, Bear-Bear clenched against her small frame. "Chrissy!" She cried, stumbling away from the walker that approached her. The child was immensely terrified, as well as confused as to what she should do. Her brother was pinned and she didn't want to leave him behind. But when her brother screamed out again for her to run, Josie obeyed. The blonde girl turned and took off as fast as she could. Tears welled up in her eye's, temporarily blinding her until they rolled down her cheeks. Josie let out a loud sob as she tripped over herself and landed harshly on her stomach. Josie pushed herself up and began to run again, ignoring the stinging in her cheek and the fact that Bear-Bear was no longer in her arms.

Breaking into a clearing, Josie froze as her eye's laid on to a structure in front of her. To make matters worse, in front of the house stood two people. Christopher was always careful to avoid people. "It's not safe to be with others." He would tell her. This, however, was not the same for Josie. Christopher wasn't going to save her this time. He might be hurt and these people could help him. A low snarl from behind her reminded her of the threat and she realized that it had finally caught up with her. She was out of time and had to make a decision now if she wanted Christopher, and herself, to live. The girl rushed forward, nearly tripping once more. "Please." She sobbed. "The monsters going to hurt me."

Skylar Lee Marble

Acacia-Brinley-video.jpg

You poor, unfortunate Soul..

She places her hands on her cheeks for a moment, wiping away the tears and any sign of weakness. Suddenly, Kaiden trails after her. She looks down at him, sighing softly. "Its a very touchy subject, okay?" she says quietly. Her black locks frame her face elegantly, curled in a natural wave due to her dip in the river.
Suddenly, a tiny voice makes her mood switch. Her crystal blue eyes quickly set on the young blonde, her cheeks flushed and eyes full of tears. The words that squeak out of her mouth, makes Sky looks around slightly.
The young woman then approaches Josie. "Hey, its okay. Don't cry." she says softly, kneeling beside her. "Don't worry, no one is going to hurt you." Skylar speaks gently, her voice smooth and calming. Her gentle hands slide under Josie's arms, before hauling her up on Sky's hip. "What is your name sweetie?" she asks, using one hand to balance the young girl, the other gently rubbing Josie's back.

Sky hadn't heard any gunshot, or screaming. So for a child to just wander up was particularly odd in her mind. She looks down at Kaiden, "Go get Alex, please." she orders gently, before looking into the distance. "Do you have any family, sweetie?" she asks, her soft blue eyes meeting Josie's.

Last edited:

Kaiden Finch

Kaiden nodded quickly as Skylar directed him to get Alex. Why everyone was dropping by the cabin all of a sudden, he had no idea. He actually found it a little suspicious, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he obeyed Skylar's request and ran back inside to get Alex.

"Hey, Alex! I need your attention for a sec" The 12 year old called out loudly as soon as he entered the cabin, running up to the masked young man. "You're pretty damn popular today, aren't you? You gother another guest outside. You know, I'm sorry, dude. I wouldn't want this many people dropping by all at once either. Just remember that I got here first if you decide to eat one of us, okay?"

Tasteless Tasteless Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze @Sophrosyne

</Alexander Moore/>
She went blank, then mouthed something before she returned her gaze to Alex.

"I tried to kill them all."

Alex leaned back, almost shocked, but his mask did well to hide it from them. Her style changed entirely. There had been something very motherly about her before, a drive to nurture and protect. This was different... yet still not too far away. He saw something like a mother bear before him, cut off from her cub and left vindictive and lonely. It didn't suit her at all, but no one ever made the choice to be that way. This girl isn't alright Alex thought to himself, but who really was anymore. Alex could live with the changes, but that's only because he had so little to lose. Very few were like him in that.

"I-I need some air." She mumbled before stumbling towards the exit. Before Alex had the chance to react she already passed the threshold. "H-hey, where are you going?" He swept his hand over the workbench to grab his revolver and a large rug before dashing after her. almost tripping over the young kid in the process. He stumbled, but caught himself on the wall before falling. Already though, before he could exit, the kid was back inside again and calling for him.

Inside his mask he raised an eyebrow. More fucking people? This isn't safe. He thought, but refused to let it show. Instead, he dropped the rug over the kid's head. "I wouldn't worry about it, boy. I'm sure there's plenty of better things to eat. Can you just give this to the woman? Don't let her freeze."

Without skipping a beat he continued outside, whilst holstering his revolver. No need to aggravate anyone. "Hey, who-" Alex started, but stopped when he saw the young girl. "Oh..." Immediately his hand went up to the grip of his revolver again. Young children seldom came alone, and his eyes scanned the forest.

Olivier Olivier Tasteless Tasteless Sophrosyne Sophrosyne

Kaiden Finch

"Okay!" Kaiden chirped, taking the rug in his arms and running out after Alex. He thrust the rug towards Skylar, then turned back to the little girl who had just arrived. She seemed to be a good deal younger than himself, maybe 7 or 8. Damn. He thought. He had been an only child, and wasn't used to having to deal with younger kids. Besides, he was still a bit suspicious about all these people showing up all at once. He kind of felt bad for Alex, in a way.

Kaiden still seemed jittery, unable to keep himself still at all. Currently he was tugging at his hair, and his other hand was pulling the zipper of his jacket up and down rapidly. His facial expression, however, looked almost bored.

He stayed back a few steps, looking at the little girl curiously before speaking up suddenly.
"So what're you doing out here, squirt?" He somehow doubted that this tearful little girl had made it all the way out here on her own. Surely, she had an accomplice somewhere... or had one very recently.

Tasteless Tasteless Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Sophrosyne Sophrosyne

Christopher & Josie Walker

Josie slowed her sprint to a stop when the two turned their attention to her. The older one, a woman with dark haired, spoke softly and kneeled beside her. Josie laid her hands flat against her clothing, attempting to remove some dirt from her skin before she raised them up to wipe away the continuing trail of tears. She realized her attempt wasn't successful when the cut on her cheek stung profoundly. This only made the blonde cry more. Josie exhaled in surprise when the woman lifted her up onto her hip. She tensely curled her fingers into the woman's shirt, responding to the soothing motions of her rubbing her back. Josie hesitantly rested her arms around the woman's neck, watching her through blurry eyes. "Joseline." She replied with a hiccup, "But, Josie, for short."

Josie watched as the older male disappeared into the house. "My brother." She croaked in response to the question, shifting her attention to the woods. "We were back there," She replied, lifting her tiny fist to point along the brush. "when a monster came out from behind the tree. He killed it, but then there were two more an-and he fell. Another one came after me and he told me to run." Josie choked on her words as another sob shook the small girl. She turned her eye's back to face the woman, "You have to help him!" She pleaded. "I left him! The monsters are going to hurt him! P-Please don't let them hurt him!"

When the boy who had been outside originally returned, Josie fell silent as a new person followed. Though he wore a mask, Josie could tell he was male, like the other boy. Josie tightened her grip onto the woman, letting out a soft whine. The man in the mask had caused for an awful feeling of fright to settle in the child's chest. She watched him carefully until the other teen prompted her with a question. Only then did Josie tear her gaze away. "My brother and I were trying to get out of the woods. He's back there and he needs help." Josie turned towards the woman, lowering her shaky voice. "Please. He needs help."

--

Christopher remembered when life had been so much simpler. Before the outbreak, the only things that stood out as important was being recruited to California State Fullerton for Baseball and trying to ask Amanda Cuffley to prom. Back then, he'd never considered that the world could end or that the dead would rise up to feast on the living. Nowadays, he had bigger problems. Like the two walkers that had him pinned while his kid sister took off into the forest. Christopher barely had them restrained and with the added weight of the other body, it felt like a fight he was losing. Except this was a battle that he couldn't lose. He couldn't leave Josie in this world alone. She wouldn't survive long without him. Had he been completely alone, the teen would have considered giving up, letting the weight of the world crush him. But no. He needed to get to Josie.

With a newfound energy, Christopher slowly raised his knee to the center of the dead man's chest. Using it as leverage to push the two bodies back, he held the closest one back with both hands so that he could place his feet flat against the zombie's chest. Quickly letting go, Christopher kicked both of his feet forward and shoved it backward, giving him just enough leeway to lunge from under the zombie and grasp his knife. Christopher rolled onto his knee's as the walkers began to crawl forward. Standing, he approached the closest one and shoved the blade down into its skull. The other walker had regained its footing and was stumbling towards him, clicking its teeth together. Christopher reached out, grabbed the deads throat and plunged the knife into its head.

The teen spun on heel and sprinted into the direction of where his sister had run. "Josie?" He called, attempting to keep his voice down to avoid unwanted attention, but projecting his voice enough for the girl to hear if she were nearby. The teen continued forward until he discovered something that made his blood run cold. Christopher knelt next to the discarded animal and pulled it into his hands. Rubbing the dirt off of the beloved Bear-Bear's face, Christopher pulled the animal to his chest. He knew Josie wouldn't just abandon him. He prayed to anyone, to everyone that she was okay. Christopher stood and continued forward, the stuffed animal in one hand and a gun that he unsheathed, in another.

From his left, a soft sound like a voice caught his attention. The older teen quickly stepped forward, breaking into a clearing. His eye's came across a small group, but he quickly focused on a dark headed woman who was holding Josie in her arms. His relief was short lived. People. Josie had stumbled across a group of people. The last time they had settled with others, they had both lost a sibling. "Let her go." He growled out, leveling the gun at the group. Of course, he knew that he was outnumbered, but panic seemed to be clouding his judgment. Christopher would rather die than let anyone, or anything, harm his sister.

Kaiden Finch

The 12 year old’s eyebrows raised in an expression of surprise when yet another person came wandering out of the woods. This one was another man, maybe Alex's age or a little younger. Kaiden was feeling a little crowded now. He didn't like being alone, but he was a bit anxious being suddenly surrounded by strangers out in the middle of nowhere.

"
That's your sister, right?" He asked bluntly as soon as Christopher came into full view. "Shouldn't leave little pipsqueaks out here alone. Keep a better eye on her, will ya?" He had his hands shoved in his pockets now, bouncing up and down hyperactively. He had nothing else to say to the newcomer right now, so he glanced down, biting into his lower lip.

Skylar Lee
Acacia-Brinley-video.jpg

You poor, unfortunate Soul..

she smiles softly, "That's a beautiful name." she coos, before taking the rug from Kaiden. Skylar drapes it over Josie, and smiles. Clutching her tighter when she whines, Skylar glances towards Alex then back to Josie. "Hey, its okay. No one is going to hurt-" she was cut off by a voice, a man's voice. Her head turns in his direction, and she freezes. The man held a gun leveled towards her and the others, instinctively she shifts Josie and shields Kaiden as she turns her body. She doesn't take her eyes off of Christopher, not even when Kaiden blurts out harshly. "Her name is Josie, kaiden." she says softly, still watching the man. "They got separated due to the walkers." she says quietly, before looking at Josie. "this is your brother?" she asks quietly, not wanting to release Josie to someone who isn't her family.
Her wounded leg was visible to the man, both of her arms wrapped around Josie in a protective, motherly manner. Her deep blue eyes on Christopher's. Her black hair framed her face elegantly, formed in natural curls and surprisingly kept. She silently looks over the man, and his dirty attire. Skylar looked rather clean due to her dip in the river, yet her wound was inflamed and red, it hurt like a bitch but she wouldn't admit that of course.

</Alexander Moore/>
Nevermind what the woman tried to say, even before she started her sentence Alex saw something move in the treeline. Now, he paid attention to what the girl had said, but that only meant that whatever was coming through those trees was either walkers or a brother in protective mode. With rehearsed seamlessness he unholstered the revolver, cocked the hammer back and leveled it between the trees.

A man came out of the woodworks, looking weary and with bloodspatters on his clothes. He looked frail behind the ironsights of the revolver, and Alex knew he'd end up hating himself if he was forced to pull the trigger.
"Easy, you're picking a fight you can't win." Well, out of the perspective of a sane person anyway. Even if he did kill them it would be coldblooded murder of three, one being a child.

But Alex was calm. He took two assertive steps forward and stood in front of the woman at an angle. He'd much rather take a bullet himself than to let anyone suffer another.
"Are the walkers dead? Are you okay, did you get bit?"

Josie allowed a small smile to tug at the corners of her mouth at the compliment and fastened the blanket securely around herself, "Thank you." She replied, politely. The girl that was holding her had started to speak when a voice cut her off. Much like the rest of them, Josie followed the sound to the source. For a moment, the young girl couldn't speak. Standing before the group stood her brother, his gun drawn and aimed at the four. "Christopher?" Josie gasped, the previous anxiety she felt fading away, "Chrissy!" The girl cooed, happily wiggling in the woman's grip, expecting to be set down. When the woman doesn't place Josie down but instead shifts her away from her brother's line of view, she turns to her with a look of confusion. Her eye's shifted to the smaller of the two males that spoke up, watching thoughtfully.

Christopher glared at the smaller male, wanting to make a comment about the blunt statement, but was beaten to the chase by the woman. He wasn't sure how she would know that the two were separated by the dead, but ultimately figured Josie had told her. "He told me to run, or the monster would get me." Josie suddenly announced, defending her sibling. Christopher watched as the woman that was holding Josie turned and inquired about her sibling, to which Josie replied with a quick nod. "It's okay," she promised, "He's my big brother." Christopher glanced to his sibling as she confirmed that he was who he said he was. Other than a small cut on her cheek and some fresh dirt on her skin, she seemed to be in pristine condition. They had even given her a rug to keep her warm. He considered that these people may not be bad. But the fact that they still hadn't returned his sibling to him, made him more than a little suspicious. Until then, he'd keep the gun raised, just to be safe.

When a male, who has his face hidden by a mask, stepped forward, pointing out his chances of victory, Christopher slowly peeled his attention away from the seven-year-old. "I'm not looking for a fight." He called out. "I just want my sister. That's it." He mumbled. "There's no catch. This isn't a coy. I don't want to shoot anyone." He responded, honestly. Christopher really didn't want to open fire on a group of teenagers, seeing as how the smallest male only appeared to be around thirteen, and he definitely didn't want to risk hitting Josie in the storm. When the male stepped forward, Christopher turned his aim onto him, momentarily assessing the meaning behind his movement. The teen slightly lowered his weapon at the question, taken back by the simplicity of them. "They're dead." He confirmed. "I'm okay. Not bit."

Christopher's eye flickered between the small group before landing on the woman's swollen leg. The teen cursed himself for his stupidity. How could he have not noticed that originally? Christopher turned his aim onto the woman, drawing back the hammer of the gun with a soft click. He knew he wouldn't have a clear shot at her since the male in the mask had placed himself in between them, but hell, they'd be crazy to assume that one person would stand in the way of his sibling's safety. "Fuck." He gasped out, taking a few seconds to regain his thoughts. "She's fucking infected." He stated in a low voice, tilting the gun downward to point to her inflamed thigh. "Put her down. Right now."

</Alexander Moore/>
The young girl affirmed that it was indeed her brother, which, in a way, was incredibly good news. Means they weren't expecting anyone else. The steel of the revolver lied cold in his hand, just as cold as the burden he felt by holding it, but he could give himself up for nothing in this situation. When he asked the securing questions about the man's well-being, it seemed to diffuse him ever so slightly. Alex decided to take it as more than enough.

He put his thumb on the hammer and pressed the trigger to unlock it, then harmlessly put it back to rest against the cylinder. He let his arm fall to his side, then 90 degrees and looked down at the woman.
"Well, it should be fine then. Let her-"

"She's fucking infected. Put her down. Right now."

"You know, I've had a really strange day." Alex spoke, and turned to look at the man again. He positioned himself complete in front of the woman, and his wider frame encompassed them to make sure they weren't in danger. "And I've had it with all this goddamn cynicism." His hand unfolded, and the revolver made a low thud as it hit the snow. "So if you're telling me you think this woman I found in the lake, hoisted onto my shoulder, outran zombies for 20 minutes for, tied up her fucking gunshot wound, fed, fought two walkers on shore 5 minutes ago for, is infected, then you're either about as wrong as you possibly can be, or I want to fucking kill myself. And yes, yes her leg is the gunshot wound, if that's what you're looking at." It was honestly the droplet that caused the beaker to overflow at this point.

He stood with his arms parallel to his body, making himself a target.
"I don't even know who these people are. I'm just really trying to make sure nobody gets shot, nobody dies, and nobody starves. No catch, no nothing. If that don't sound good to you, then fucking shoot me. And for fuck's sake let the child go to her brother."

Skylar Lee Marble
Acacia-Brinley-video.jpg

"You poor, unfortunate soul."

Once Josie said it was her brother, Skylar was preparing to put her down. suddenly Cristopher becomes harsh, accusing sky of being infected. Confusion courses through sky, until her face shifts into a pure bitch face. Her blue eyes burning with irritation, she inhaled to correct Christopher, yet Alex cuts her off.
As Alex speaks, Sky places Josie down, adjusting the rug so it wont fall off of her tiny shoulders. With a gentle hand, Skylar brushes back a few strands of Josie's hair. The young woman looks towards Alex, a thoughtful smile creeping across her lips. "And I never said thank you." she says gently, before looking towards Christopher. Her blue eyes wandered towards his gun, yet shifted towards alex. "Thank you." she says quietly, her hand rests on his back for only a moment, before she withdraws it.

"I'm Skylar, by the way." she says gently, meeting Alex, Kaiden's, Josie, Christopher's gaze. She holds her gaze on Christopher's for a moment. "Sorry, you know. For picking her up, Its just.. Instinct I guess."
Skylar wasn't wrong, it was natural for her to feel that weight in her arms. She had taken care of her brother since he was born, and to have him gone was different. Any chance she got, she enjoyed the company of children. She was slight ashamed of herself, yet she meant well no matter what. She should have placed Josie down earlier, but every second she could get with that familiar weight in her arms, she cherished more than the others may know.

Kaiden Finch

Kaiden noticed the stranger's glare, reciprocating with an angry snarl. He had to trust Alex and Skylar, since they'd spared his life when he unknowingly wandered into Alex's house, but he had no reason to trust this guy or his little sister.
Alex and Christopher had a brief conversation, throughout which Christopher did nothing but say more and more suspicious statements. Kaiden grew increasingly anxious and agitated throughout the altercation... then suddenly, Alex threw his gun to the side and dared Christopher to shoot.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, you fucking idiot!?!" Kaiden lunged forward and grabbed the revolver, aiming it back at Christopher. He was shaking and hyperventilating a little, but his face was almost threatening... considering that he was only 12. He looked Christopher right in the eyes, revolver pointed straight ahead. "Just because this guy here's a pussy doesn't mean we're all gonna wimp out. We're not done yet. Make another move and you eat lead."

Skylar Lee Marble
ef61a7b2b22370307a65a7cd0a077951.jpg

You Poor, Unfortunate Soul.

Her blue eyes snapped towards Kaiden, who not only called Alex an idiot, but grabbed the revolver out of the melting snow. She glanced towards Christopher, her eyes calm and collected, slightly she raises her hand, palm towards Christopher and Josie. She watches as Kaiden aims towards Christopher, before steeping in front of the barrel. She knew damn well that it was not only loaded, but that the hammer was drawn back. Her gentle eyes were firmly set on Kaiden, "Kaiden." she says softly, "Do you believe that I would place you in any sort of danger?" Her voice was incredibly quiet, only loud enough for Kaiden to hear, and possibly Alex.
"You aimed a loaded and ready revolver at a man who only wants his sister, and a seven year old." She was gentle with her words, yet they were sturdy. "I know you only want to help, and to protect, but this is not that situation." She meets his gaze cooly, holding out her hand palm upwards. "I promise, please give me the revolver." Skylar wasn't trying to mother Kiaden, nor scold him. She simply wanted to take the gun and have this blow over. Yet the only way she could help Kiaden, was if he gave her the gun.

Kaiden Finch

Kaiden didn't move, still brandishing the revolver and ready to open fire at any moment. "Listen, lady. I don't know you. I trust you to an extent, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna throw my common sense in the garbage just cause you said so. Step aside. I gotta deal with this fucker." He tilted his head to the side so he could see Christopher, from behind Skylar. He wasn't about to push Skylar out of the way, but if Christopher shot her, he'd riddle him with bullets in a heartbeat. "Hey you. So far, you've done nothing but make threats and act shady. You honestly can't expect us to trust you. Take your little sidekick and back the fuck off, or guts will fly."

Skylar Lee Marble
ef61a7b2b22370307a65a7cd0a077951.jpg

You poor, unfortunate Soul.

She watches him calmly, the barrel of the revolver pointed directly at her abdomen, quite a lethal shot if taken. She remains quiet as he speaks, including while he threatens Christopher and Josie. A soft sigh passes from her lips, yet she remains calm and collected. "No one is asking you to throw away your common sense, kaiden." Her eyes never leave him, "I am asking you to stop putting everyone else in danger."

Her hand remains outstretched, palm upwards. "No one is going to harm any of us, he has what he wants, but you holding him at gun point only makes everything worse." She smiles softly, "Don't you think that if he wanted us dead, he would have already killed us. He would have shot me in the back, but he hasn't. all he wanted was his sister."
Her eyes were gentle, mothering almost. "No one is going to hurt anyone, please, Kiaden. Give me the gun." her voice was gentle and sturdy still. Her tone was smooth, as if she wasn't having a barrel of a gun pointed at her guts.

1b15fa3a2f33a5508d43d08e3b46554e.jpg

Christopher fell into a stunned silence as the male in the mask stepped fully in front of the woman, despite claiming to have only recently met her. If that wasn't a statement of his character, he wasn't sure what else could speak clearer. Not even seconds later, the male unholstered his revolver and tossed it into the snow. It definitely was a move that he had not anticipated and if he were to be honest, it completely threw his train of thought out the window. Christopher cautiously pushed the hammer of the gun back into place, retracting the bullet that had previously been ready to fire. The small act was enough for Christopher to tell that the other male was sincere with his words and not just telling him something he wanted to hear. But, it wasn't enough for him to holster the gun completely. Just because he had dropped the one, doesn't mean that was the only weapon he was carrying. Keeping the weapon up was the only line of defense the teen had in that moment.

Josie had, too, fallen silence as the air flipped from neutral to stressful. Her light eyes watched her sibling's tense body language and were trying to quickly understand what could have caused him to momentarily panic. But, before the girl could come up with a reasonable answer, Skyler shifted and set her onto her feet. Glancing up at the brunette's face, Josie watched as Skylar reached down and readjusted the rug around her small frame. With a warm smile covering the blonde's features, Josie leaned into her touch. She mumbled out a soft 'thank you' and turned on her heels. Josie walked around the man with the mask before breaking out into a light sprint to her brother, excitement glowing off of the child. Visible relief played across the older teen's face as he dropped to a knee to pull his sister into a tight embrace. The gun that had been in his hand was discarded beside him, momentarily forgotten.

Christopher smiled, before holding her at arm's length to see her in full perspective. He reached up and placed his hand under her jaw to tilt her head, hoping to get a better view of the scratches on her cheek. They were nothing serious, but the older boy was already planning on cleaning them as soon as he got her to a safer place, or at least until they were alone. "What are these from?" He inquired softly, ignoring the crowd for a second. Josie pulled her face out of his hand and shrugged, nonchalantly. "I tripped when the monster came after me." Christopher nodded, suddenly remembering the stuffed animal he had shoved away earlier. Tossing the bag from over his shoulder, Christopher unzipped the bag and pulled out the dirty bear. Josie's face lit up as she pulled the animal to her chest, the familiar security blanket calming the girl.

Christopher glanced up at the girl, who introduced herself as Skylar and quickly stuttered out an apology for picking up Josie. He was going to tell her that it was okay, seeing as how there weren't any negative intentions, but fumbles when the youngest male in the group suddenly cries out. The out burst from the kid catches Christopher completely off guard and he watches as he lunges for the revolver. Christopher shoves Josie behind him, almost instinctively and moves to grab his own weapon, but freezes when he realizes the kid had already taken aim at him. Taking the boys threat seriously, Christopher remains in a kneeled position, not wanting to make a sudden movement and risk being shot. But that's not how things seem to play out as Skylar suddenly steps between the two, attempting to lure the younger kid into handing over the weapon. This surprised him immensely, seeing as it had only been moments since he had accused her of being infected.

When Christopher realizes that he was no longer in the kid's line of vision, he quickly grabs his weapon from where it had laid and slammed the hammer back into the cocked position. Taking aim, Christopher leaves his finger off of the trigger, not wanting to accidentally fire and risk injuring Skylar. Standing back up, he swings his arm back and makes sure that Josie is completely shielded behind him. Josie immediately latches onto his hand, resting her head on his back. They are positioned in such a way that Christopher can feel the matted fur of Bear-Bear against his palm. "And they're going to trust you?" He retorted at the kid's statement. "You're holding a gun to a bystander's chest, ready to shoot through her to get to me. You don't look much better than I do right now, kid." Christopher knew his words were probably not helping at all, but he honestly didn't care at that point. "Nobody has to die." He added.

Kaiden Finch

Kaiden glared sharply, even though he knew that Christopher couldn't see him. "I think I need my life more than I need their trust, thank you very much." He retorted, trying not to stutter. "Just cause these two retards decide to trust a guy who crawls out of the woods and threatens them with a gun right off the bat, doesn't mean that I'm gonna follow suit." Even though his hand was shaking, he was fairly certain that he could take deadly aim if he felt he had to. And unlike Christopher, he kept his finger by the trigger. He'd never been trained properly with a gun, but he'd used them before. Notably, he had to rekill his own father with one.
"Don't think I didn't hear you pull back the hammer, you prick. You've got 2 minutes to restate your case or fuck off. I've got all day."

</Alexander Moore/>
So when something can go wrong, naturally it will. The kid jumped onto his revolver and with trembling fingers raised it towards the stranger. Alexander was suppressing the urge just to kick him in the face, but figured that just might cause him to misfire. This was growing really tiresome.

"I get it, right?" He finally spoke. " If you've gotten this far yourself, being as young as you are, you have had to show some grit. You'd be dead already if you softened up, so if they can't get to you emotionally, I'll just tell you pragmatically why you're an idiot."

There was no softness left in Alex's by the time he finished his sentence. "First of all, keep your finger off the trigger when you're pointing it at someone you don't have to shoot. Second, that's a heavy revolver, if you want to shoot it accurately with your tiny frame you'd better get on your back and fire it from between your knees. I can show you if you choose not to be retarded. Third, if he wanted to hurt us he would've shot me when I lowered the gun, not lowered his own. Fourth, if you do shoot him, you won't have time to cock it again before I kick you in the face, take it back, and leave you out here to freeze. Finally, I just dropped that shit in the snow, the gunpowder's probably fucked so if you try to fire you'll be met with a click and then a bullet to your face. We'd also all know exactly how unstable and unreliable you are, if this stranger was respectful enough not to shoot you back."

Alex sighed. "So put the revolver on ground and back away so you avoid misfiring it. Or I'll just kick you in the face and take it anyway, you must've noticed I care little about my own personal health."

Kaiden Finch

The boy glanced up at Alex, his glare fading away, leaving him looking nervous and highly agitated, maybe even a little scared. He still didn't at all trust the other guy, and was starting to lose trust in Alex and Skylar due to their immediate trust of Christopher. After all, Alex dropped his gun first, and Skylar even defended Christopher over her own life. That just seemed horribly, dangerously stupid.

That said, Alex had made a few good points. Even if Kaiden didn't get shot first, his chances of successfully shooting through Skylar and hitting Christopher were slim, if not nonexistent. It was more likely that he and Skylar would end up dead than that anything would happen to the newcomer.

Slowly, and with obvious reluctance, Kaiden dropped the gun to his side.
He then backed a few steps away, wondering if he'd be better off running back into the woods. He wasn't sure, but somehow he felt like the zombies were safer than humans at this point. At least the undead were slow and lacked intelligence. Humans... you could never tell their true motives. They could be your only hope for survival, or the reason why you end up dead. Another moment passed, but he hadn't moved again. He needed more time to think.

Skylar Lee Marble
tumblr_static_bfu4fq100hcss0c440cw0s4gc.gif
You poor, unfortunate Soul.

She listened silently, her blue eyes heavy now. Alex's words didn't make her smile, instead made her frown slightly. When Kaiden drops the gun, she slowly kneels down to pick it up.
Carefully she holds it in her grip, before handing it towards Alex. Her eyes were grim, nervous almost, yet it doesn't linger.
She turns towards Christopher and Josie, raising her hand again, palm towards Christopher. Her eyes were calm, a nervous smile tickled her lips. She turned her gaze to Josie, giving her a loving wink before looking towards her brother confidently.
Skylar had not been able to convince Kaiden to drop the gun, but she wasn't shot and she wasn't dead, and neither were Christopher and Josie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back