• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The End of The World

maladaptivedreamer

Princess of Irrelevance

INSPIRED BY THE RECENT RELEASE OF 'THE LAST OF US'

Hello there!

My name is Mal (she/her). Welcome to my search for a writing partner to tackle the end of the world with. I'm specifically looking for a writing partner who loves character development and world building.

I know that quality does not always mean quantity. But, I adore writing. I really like immersing myself into the world's that I build-- hence, the username. So, I would like to consider myself as literate and would love to see this in turn.

I am a full-time student AND part-time worker. I'm a psychology graduate, hoping to further my career onto Clinical Psychology. So, like a lot of people, free time is not in abundance for me and I do have to be selective in my threads. So, if you are looking for short and snappy writing (i.e., one-liners), I am not your gal. If that excludes you, best of luck in your continued search!

About me:

• Depending on upcoming deadlines, I can post anywhere from once to multiple times a week.
• 3 paragraphs+ to novella. This will vary, depending on the scene. Dialogue heavy scenes do not give way to 2000+ word posts. I can write as much as my partner gives.
• Virgo-Libra cusp, if that is relevant.
• I love history, reading, and true crime. My favourite genre is probably fantasy, but I am also a fan of dystopia (in my finest Severus Snape voice: 'obviously').
• I am ghost friendly👻. I do not frequently ghost myself and will always give a reason if I cannot post or lose interest. This does not happen a lot and I have had writing partners for 6 years. It honestly just depends on a lot of factors.
• I enjoy romance as a subplot. It is not a necessity. I do feel it adds a lot to the story in terms of: character motivation, character development and plot drive.
• FxM, primarily. I can also write FxF. I will be open to trying MxM, but I never have before. I also enjoy female roles as my main.
• I can write from the male perspective. This depends solely on character muse.
• I absolutely adore doubling. This isn’t necessary. I do find it adds more to plot. I love having separate POVS and subplots that eventually merge into one.

About you:

REQUIRED: 18+ years old please. I just prefer writing with people my own age.
REQUIRED: Brainstorm with me. I'm not writing these storylines alone. I’m here to write with you. Throw out those random ideas you’ve got floating around in your brain.
PREFERRED: Someone who enjoys fan-girling/can have a good chat OOC. This is half the fun. Let's make playlists, commission art, send each other relevant Tik Toks, talk about our favourite movie moments. It really does do wonders for writing inspiration.
PREFERRED: I like weekly responses, but honestly, you do you.

Ideas:

-
Zombie apocalypse. One thing I really love about The Last of Us is that although a typical 'zombie' narrative, it's main focus is on mankind and morality. This is something I would be really hoping to explore, and I would actually be happy to explore it within this lore.
- Virus. I can see how this could potentially feel too fresh for many.
- Human experimentation (gone wrong). This is probably the most realistic, let's be honest.
- Alien invasion.
- Controlled society. This is also a potential reality, I suppose, depending on if you're a conspiracy theorist or not. (Whilst I do love a good theory, I'm not an avid believer). Anyway, if you've ever read Delirium by Lauren Oliver, she writes about a world where people begin to see love as a sickness, because it is so often the source of crime/immorality. I think a society where emotions are outlawed could be so interesting. I'd be happy to discuss the concept more.
- Climate change. To be honest, this depresses me more than it intrigues me. Like most boomers, I'd like to (albeit defeatedly) pretend I simply do not see this.
- A world destroyed by war. I'm going to stop accentuating realities.
- Religious prophecy. Angels, demons, and the end of days.
- Gods. Could potentially fit under aliens. Think: American Gods, except the Gods are bitter mankind turned their back on them. Gods at war with humans? I mean that practically screams a god x human ship, I won't like.
- Reproductive failure. Think: The Handmaid's Tale.
- AI leadership. Artificial Intelligence becomes so intelligent that it overtakes mankind.

With that very depressing outlook out of the way, feel free to message me with any questions below, or to just throw a PM right away.

1x1.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Hello there. I'd love to brainstorm some cataclysmic even with you - I do love myself some apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic scenarios and darker sides of the society. I usually play male characters myself, and I think I have a couple that would fit such a scenario. Do tell if you have requirements for partner characters, however; besides the usual OP stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back