• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One The End ~ Characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here

BloodWolfRising

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Roleplay Type(s)
All characters we decide to make or expand on will be placed here, they can be main ones, or major NPC one's.

Last edited:
Name: Cain Harper
Occupation Before Apocalypse: A hedonistic millionaire's son.
Role: Skill Monkey, Silver Tongue (Persuasion and Social)

Theme Song: Where the Lonely Ones Roam

CA9BEB74-8A9F-4A3D-82BE-9B6D567F7247.jpeg

Appearance Meticulously groomed, with brown hair coming down to the nape of his neck with nary a hair out of place. Brown eyes gaze with an inner gleam. Cain is slight of build, with not an ounce of fat on him. The only blemish on his otherwise perfect features is a scar running just over and under his lips on the right hand side of his mouth. On his left shoulder, Cain has a striking tattoo of a celtic sun covered by a flaming orange and yellow sun

Personality Quiet, softly spoken and mysterious, Cain is every inch the enigmatic high-flying, high-society millionaire's son thrust into an end of the world scenario that he can barely understand or come to terms with. Cain doesn't speak much, but then he doesn't have to. A look from his smouldering brown eyes can make most members of the fairer sex desire to give away their souls for him if he would so desire it -- and this is something that Cain uses to truly devastating effect.

Manipulative and devious, Cain puts himself first and foremost in all situations. He is spoiled, his parents having given him his every whim and desire. To a certain extent, Cain sees other people as puppets and playthings -- objects to be manipulated for his own amusement and entertainment. As long as he gets what he wants out of a situation then Cain is perfectly content.

On the surface that is.

There are those precious few who have taken the time to truly get to know Cain who can attest to the fact that hidden underneath, this strangely tormented individual is more complex than they could possibly even begin to imagine, and this is a trait that manifests itself in the strangest and most random of ways. An act of genuine kindness to a lost child, helping them to find their way home. The sparing of coin to a starving beggar to allow them to eat -- only Cain truly knows what drives Cain, and to most others he is a puzzle wrapped up in the finest cloth.

Motivations Cain is an empty shell born into an empty, hollow world. He is trapped in the worst sort of cycle possible. Cain hopes to distance himself from his parents and forge his own identity, yet he does not have the faintest idea how to do so. His life is a pristine, manufactured thing - perfect in every way yet lacking warmth and love, just like himself as a person. Inside he is desperately cold and numb, so he seeks to make himself feel something through any exterior means possible. Cain is a hedonist and he does not know how to break it.

Yet his insatiable appetites do not give him what he so desperately needs. As a result of his continued perceived failures and his inability to feel genuine warmth and emotion, so his self-hatred and loathing grows. And as it does, he is spurred onto acts of greater debauchery, his lusts and passions never truly being fulfilled.

A cycle he does not know how to begin to break free from.

Backstory
Origins Cain lifted a finger up to touch his lips as he turned his look to the woman asking him about his past. Fixing her dark eyes with his own, the corners of his mouth turned up in a slight, almost ghost-like smile. As precious seconds slipped like grains of sand in a hourglass in this dying world, the young man started to wonder if things would ever....go back to the way they used to be.

Finally, with a small sigh he bowed his head slightly, looking to the ground as he opened his lips, and the slightest of whispers broke the silence, "My, but aren't you the curious one. You know what they say? That curiosity killed the cat...."

His voice trailed off in a small chuckle as he continued, "I have always lived here. I was born here into a life of riches and luxury." Looking around him, Cain gestures to his meagre surroundings. It hadn't always been like this, scraping around for survival with ambitions nothing more than to survive another day. "Ironically, I remember as a young boy thinking that there was more to this life than this.....incessant nothingness. Being a millionaire playboy isn't as easy as one might think. Each and every day being given everything that you ever wanted, never having to fight or earn anything. The strangest thing was....."

Standing, Cain walked over to the run-down shack that he was now forced to dwell within. Touching rotted wood, his eyes took on a faraway look. "......I remember from a early age I'd wished for something more. Adventure. Excitement. All things that I lacked aside from manipulating and turning the poor bastard sycophants who came seeking my favour against each other."

Sighing softly, Cain turned back to regard her, "Strange as it is to admit that, in some ways, as much as I wasn't ready.....I wanted this life we now lead. I grew up in my parents manor. I had the best teachings and tutors that money could buy. I learned how to twist and manipulate to get my hearts desire. There were few who could resist me." Laughing again softly, he continued, "There were many who wanted me to be their friend. There were many whom I took as lover. But even so, there were none who wanted to be with me for me. All they were interested in was the colour of my money. Strange to say, but even as much as I was never alone, I was at the same time the loneliest person in the world. Sad to admit isn't it?"

Fixing her with that irresistible gaze of his, Cain went silent, waiting in turn for her story....

Recent History Cain sat on the wooden floor. He crossed his legs, leaning down and propping his head up in his hands. His eyes went misty, almost as if he was remembering a time far removed. "I'd actually only just came back home when the world went to hell....." His eyes glistened with moisture, held there for a second removed from eternity before he brought his hand up, wiping away the tears.

Colouring slightly, almost as if embarrassed by his moment of weakness, Cain continued his story. "I went to study abroad. Mother and father's money paid for my education and my trip. Aside from that though, I had something to prove to myself. I was me. Cain Harper. Not my mother, nor my father. I was not an extension of their being.....I was my own person and damned if I wouldn't learn to cope on my own, and not on their coattails."

Cain clenched his left hand into a fist, remembering the cruel taunts of his fathers friends as they mocked him for being "daddy's spoiled little boy". "I was......am......a hedonist. I learned to live life as fully as I could. The best clubs. The most exclusive parties. I would have a plastic faced dolly girl on each arm, baseless, without dignity. I had plastic, cardboard cutouts masquerading as people wanting to be my friend. They used me, even as I used them to feed my own desires, so that I would grasp, even if only for a second, the blessed illusion that I was alive, that I did breathe. That my heart did indeed beat beneath my chest and pumped blood through my veins. Even abroad, even in England money talked and my family name and reputation spread far, far beyond what I ever thought it would."

His voice was tinged with unexpected sadness and bitterness, and perhaps it was at that moment that the girl listening to him realised the truth about Cain. That yes, he was a manipulative, selfish man, and he was, as he had admitted, a hedonist. Living a life of debauchery, Cain was a prisoner to his own lifestyle and his family name. That as much as he lived life on the edge, it was, in the end, a hollow, empty thing. Cain wished to escape his own heritage, and in that regard he was a prisoner locked away in a cold, stone cell without the key to a door that would set him free.

Regardless, the usually softly spoken Cain was surprised in a lot of ways at his own verbosity. Perhaps this one, this strange girl had found a strange kinship with the isolated social creature manufactured by a fake society.

Noticing the girl staring at the scar on his lip, Cain brought his finger up, tracing an imaginary line across the pale mark that marred his otherwise perfect features. Another of those ghostlike smiles made it's way across his face as he looked down to the floor.

"This.....this scar? That, my dear, is a story for another day." Cain looked down to the floor for a second before continuing, "I returned home, and found my home......and the world, had gone to ****."

Greeting the Apocalypse Cain lights up a cigarette. It was strange that in this messed up world that had deteriorated as much as this one that the smallest things that were once taken for granted became a blessed relief. As he took a puff, blowing a small ring of smoke into the air, only the slightest tremble in his arms betrayed the depths of Cain's horror as he was forced to relive that terrible day.

"I woke." There was a tremor in Cain's voice as he closed his eyes, taking another drag on the cigarette. "I woke to screams and blood."

Closing his eyes, Cain pictured the scene almost as if it were one unfolding in front of him right now. "I hadn't even been back any more than a couple of days before the world changed....." Standing, Cain walked over to the girl. He drew her in, holding her close, almost as if she was his only link.....his anchor to reality, to stop the horror of the world around them destroying him.

"The screams stopped. When I went out, I found them all......I've -- I've never seen anything like it. They were all.....twisted.....contorted." Holding onto her, he tightened his grasp around her, clenching the fabric of her jacket tightly in his fist. "There was blood everywhere. They.....they had been tearing at themselves......"

As the images flashed in front of his eyes, Cain's voice broke, and he could not bring himself to say what he had seen with his own eyes. They had torn great furrows into their own flesh......tore their own eyes out in unspeakable agony.....

".....Mother, Father.....Miranda. I was the only one alive." Choking back a sob, Cain continued, "I.....I ran. I didn't know what else to do. I ran from the house. And as the world died around me, I just kept running...... And I wondered.........why?"

Why had I survived when everyone else had died?

Skills 1) Charm and Persuasion. Can can be *very* persuasive when he wants to be. It can be difficult to resist his charm, but those who can see past his facade see him for the manipulative liar that he really is.

2) Pick Locks. Cain can open locked doors using thin slivers of metal. Learning the ability during his disaffected use, it is something that can get himself and his companions out of tight spots.

3) Heightened Endurance. Cain is tough. Surprisingly tough. It takes a lot to beat him down, and even more to keep him down. He can keep going when most would give up.

Last edited:
5187fbc7e8c48766bff334992231a826.jpg
Basic Info Name: Angelica Vertas

Occupation Before Apocalypse: Working College Student

Role: Savant, Adventurer

Theme Song: Meet Me On The Battlefield

Appearance: Her skin is slightly tanned with freckles along her face and a few on her shoulders. Her hair has a slight wave to it reaching the middle of her back and it is a brownish-red color. Her eyes are hazel green, the green varying in shade depending on her mood.

Personality Ambitous and curious to a fault, she can't stop herself from wanting to know more and more about the world and the different kinds of people of the world.

Adventurous and caring, through her want to obtain so much knowledge she wishes to travel the world. In the many things she had learned she has grown to care for many people and the world itself.

Doubtful of her emotions, yes she is extremely doubtful of herself when it comes to her emotions. She is fairly sure her true emotions have sealed themselves away. So to her even if she smiles, it seems fake even if it's not. This is also partly why she has never dated anyone, fearing they would grow to hate her or think she hated them.

Motivations Angel was born a curious child, her mother always telling her to leave bugs and other possibly harmful creatures alone. Not that she ever listened, however, the day she lost her mother was the day her father left her. He walked out of the house luggage in tow and she was left to survive on her own. Using the knowledge she held at the time she was able to somewhat live off what was left behind and things from outside until policemen came. That was when things went back to being normal, or at least as normal as she could hope for.

At this point she is simply moving with the flow of things such as the end of the world and curious to see what this world now shrouded in shadows has in store for her. To her it is a whole new world to explore, even if she could die at least she would die learning.

Backstory
Origins "My story?" A slightly sad smile crossed her lips as a mix of emotions played in her eyes. "My past is nothing like yours, I lived a very happy life, my mother often scolding me for getting into trouble. See, I am a very curious person, I always have been even when I was younger. I would often wander outside collecting bugs, snakes, turtles, and other creatures most kids my age wouldn't dream to touch." She said with a slight chuckle, "I would collect them for a short time, studying them and learning about their behaviors. Each one was always different and their coloration each had small differences here and there. Anyways, it drove my mother up a wall, you can't imagine how many times I ended up bit. Every time I returned bleeding my mom would cry, at the time I didn't understand. I knew what I was getting myself into."

Angel turned to look out a window, the frame barely hanging in place and the glass having vanished long ago. "That happiness soon faded though, my mother fell and soon passed away...At the time I was only seven." The smile fell from her face and she combed a hand through her hair, as was her habit when bothered by something. "After that, my father left, he didn't even hold a proper funeral for her. Simply leaving her body on a hospital bed for anyone else to handle it and he left me there. Sitting in that house, to live or die, not even uttering a goodbye." She gave a short laugh that was void of emotion, "Father probably couldn't handle taking care of me, though I could have likely taken care of us both. Or perhaps the whole time he saw me as a burden. I remember hearing mother and father fighting here and there." She shook her head slightly, "I'll never know though since he is likely dead, hell he may have died before this happened to the world." She turned back to look at the man, "Don't think for a second though that means my life was bad. I survived on my own for a week in that house. Then police showed up looking for my father and finding me, they took me to an orphanage and I lived there till I could move out. No one ever adopted me because I didn't want to be adopted. I got the adults to focus on the children truly looking for homes." She shrugged, "Anyways that pretty much sums up my childhood. Most would probably be depressed about it but, hey I am alive. I am still living in this now crazy world and I have the adventure of a lifetime ahead of me, I really can't complain."

Recent History Angel nodded, leaning against a cracked wall and staring at him, "Plastic-faced dolly girl on each arm?" She laughed slightly, before shaking her head, "No, no I shouldn't laugh. How rude of me, sorry. Your life I believe was rougher than mine, at least I knew what I wished to do and did so freely." A soft smile crossing her lips, "I am sure people have used me before, but I have never thought badly of them because it was never against my will in truth."

Her smile grew as memories surfaced, "I worked at a small cafe, sometimes my boss struggled to pay me but in turn, he always offered something to replace the money I would be missing from my paycheck. Plus, it wasn't as if I was struggling to pay for my college studies as I was granted a full-ride scholarship. So the only thing I had to ever worry about was paying for my bills and rent. Though most the time people were understanding if I was behind by a little bit. I was living life, chasing my dream to explore the world and all the knowledge it holds. I had been studying geography, biology, and anthropology. At first some of my teachers tried telling me that was too much to handle, but I proved them wrong. I worked hard night and day to make my dream one step closer. As bad as it may sound my dream can still come true, the only cost to me is my life. Not that I plan on dying anytime soon I haven't even done half the travelling I want!" Her smile faded though remembering his words about the illusion of being alive, it felt like he didn't see himself as a human. "As for the scar I may be curious but I can always wait, you'll just have to tell me eventually once you feel more comfortable around me. As long as I live that long, like you said, curiosity killed the cat and even in this mess I am indeed still a very curious cat." She said winking at him to try and lighten the mood in general, though she could have been failing at doing that. She really wasn't good with making jokes.

Greeting the Apocalypse She was taken by surprise when he moved towards latching onto her like a desperate child. She wrapped her arms around him, gently patting his back in hopes to ease the nightmare he likely relived everytime he slept. Angel's eyes grew dull, "I can't say I know how it felt to be the only one remaining alive in your family. I mean, I know the pain of loss...and I truly did cherish those who fell into my pathway on my journey." She gave a bitter smile, "But perhaps the affection I felt for them was nothing more than a worthless imitation of kindness and love." He had seemed like someone strong but there he was clinging to her, his body trembling as he remembered the deaths of his family who had seemed to never have given him a shred of true love. It shocked her, threw her off her game, made her feel like her emotions truly were messed up somehow.

"Sorry, that sounds bad doesn't it. I guess my father having left me at that point in my life truly messed up my emotional state. Plus, pretending to be okay can only last so long." She closed her eyes trying to recollect herself, there was no way to take his mind off what he was seeing in his mind. So perhaps telling him about her day when the world ended had gone would take his mind from it. "I was at work when the chaos struck, the customers were the first to die. Next was my boss, he used himself to protect me shoved me in a closet and locking it. Those zombies tried clawing through that door but soon gave up. I thought for sure they would break through and I would die that day. Strangely enough when I finally broke out no one was around. There was blood everywhere but not a single body." She shivered slightly, "It was the creepiest thing I think I have ever dealt with. Listening to the scream and then there not being a single body as they had also gotten up and moved looking for their next victims..." This time she was seeking comfort from him, just the feel of his warmth was enough to calm her down though. The feeling of another living human, telling her she wasn't alone. As excited as she was to explore there was certainly a great deal of fear that slept within her as well. She pulled back slightly from his tight embrace, gentle smile on her face. "Let's do what we can to keep on living, for as long as we possibly can. Let's do our best to get over the obstacles of our pasts, moving to a brighter future even in this dying world. I think the two of us could do that."

Skills 1. Medic - In all her studies she took time long before to learn of all the different herbal healing methods and how to fix just about any kind of wound.

2. Hacking - Not really something she uses a lot but she certainly has the smarts to hack in to technology of just about any kind to gain information from it.

3. Almost no need for sleep - She is a very light sleeper and also one who can run on little to no sleep and be just fine to travel for long periods of time. Of course it isn't truly healthy and sometimes her body has crash points which make her have to sleep no matter what or where she is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back