• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern β˜… 𝒯𝒽𝑒 πΈπ“‚π“…π“‡π‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π»π‘œπ“‰π‘’π“ ─ a horror/survival RPG

Ghoulina

That one onion that is rooting for you

• The Empress Hotel

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair! Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. "

β™‘design by low fidelity, coded by uxieβ™‘

Mobile Version:

Introdution:

It was almost a hundred years ago when the Empress Hotel was just an idea, a glint in the eye of a wealthy businessman in Los Angeles ready to cash in on the economic boom in the area. When it opened in 1927, it was a lavish, opulent hotel flowing with expensive champagne, twirls of lush fur and the glitter of jewels and gold filigree. Unfortunately, time would deal a bad hand and The Great Depression left folk more worried about their next meal than a grand hotel, and so started the decay of the place in it's desperation to stay afloat. Decades would pass, skid row grew up around the great behemoth, a glimmering facade amongst an endless mire of poverty, drugs, sex work and the abandonment of people rejected from society. All the while, blood and tears would flow like a river, a hive of madness embedded into the walls where 127 people have died, and countless more have gone missing. Now it sits and waits like a great dark beast, crying out into eternity for more, for you.

This is a horror and survival themed RPG inspired by 1408, The Shining, Silent Hill, As Above So Below, and the very real Cecil Hotel in L.A. and it's many terrible related cases. The setting is The Empress Hotel, a budget hotel in downtown L.A. that is infamous for crime, death, and paranormal, unexplained activity. Your character will need to maneuver through the hotel to survive after a frightening experience in the hotel bar transports everyone to the top floor, and the nightmare begins. They must descend the hotel, but each floor is a new terror and the danger only grows greater as they move closer to the exit. This is a story and setting I have been working on for two months that has a thought out structure to follow, but choices made along the way will have consequences as they progress- will you make the right choices and escape with your life, or take one too many wrong turns and join the eternally damned guests that are trapped inside?

We begin our horrific tale in present day at the hotel. Your character has received an invitation from the hotel, a strange beckoning that they have decided to follow.

Guest Rules & Advice:

✦ In regards to posting standards, I ask for at least one paragraph per post with no limit beyond that. This is because there will be high action moments where you will need to react quickly, but there will also be lots of time to flesh out larger posts in between. Please try to post at least 1-2 times per week, and let me know if you need a hiatus.

✦ In regards to CS, please post on the CS page. I am looking for a maximum of 9 characters at this time, and please be detailed with your CS, real pictures only. While we do not have set roles, please try to differentiate your character so they are not too similar to another. Once you have posted your character and they are accepted, I will message you with their hotel invitation- each character has a unique one.

✦ Some character ideas that would fit this story are: A paranormal investigator, journalist, historian or student studying the area, psychic or clairvoyant, writer, tourist that is into dark material, drug addict with a room, homeless person who sneaks in, a skeptic, a curious local, new employee with a dark past, the relative of one of the people who has died there, a social media influencer that's there for the views, a clueless traveler and many more!

✦ This RPG will have horror focused material, so it may not be best for the faint of heart! Also, these halls will be treacherous! I will give warnings, but if your character bites off more than they can chew they will not be unscathed!

[In character] β˜… [Characters] β˜… [Out of Character] β˜… [Discord]

:bishiesparklesr: Mood Board :bishiesparklesr: cause I'm an old lady lolol

:bishiesparklesr:
Playlist :bishiesparklesr:

Last edited:
oooooh, i'll be keeping an eye on this πŸ‘οΈ

I was just thinking about how I'd like to explore more horror themed writings. I'd love to participate as well!

I would love to participate! It's giving me AHS Hotel vibes, haha.

i'm down if you still have some room :smilepuff:

Would we have to PM our sheets for approval? I just wanted to be sure before posting. Thanks Ghoulina! 😊

No need to PM! You can go ahead and post when you're ready, and you can PM the "secret" portion of the CS to me if you want. πŸ‘

Users who are viewing this thread

Back