• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Empire of Zune

sheesh

it's all good

The Empire of Zune

latest

Lore
In the vast reaches of the cosmos, an age-old conflict between beings of pure magical energy known as the Celestials, and creatures of the darkness and void known as Infernals rages on, these beings locked in constant and violent war amongst a field of desolate stars and galaxies. While the battle between the Celestials and Infernals existed throughout the cosmos, the main battle existed between two incredibly powerful beings from either side: Thessia, a blessed Celestial born from the purest form of magical energies and one with creation, and Thantos, a an Infernal ripped from the darkest corners of the void, comprised of raw and corrupt magical energy. These two incredibly powerful beings acted as the spearheads of each side, and the two inevitably clashed in a whirlwind of destruction and chaos. Amidst their battle, the two destroyed countless stretches of space, stopping their battle at nothing to destroy each other. The beings got their wish, and amidst the chaos they struck each other down, both beings smashing to pieces, scattering across the cosmos in a brilliant explosion of raw energy. The destruction of these two ‘leaders’ brought silence to the warring sides, and with the two most powerful beings in existence gone, both sides backed away from each other with the uncertainty of how to continue.

On a distant planet existed a desolate land with the most basic forms of primitive life, and a piece of Thessia eventually found its way to this world, smashing into the very earth. A shockwave of pure magical flux blasted outward along the worlds surface like a wave, infusing into the very essence of everything it struck. This world is called Mirtis.

Primitive life flourished and grew with the infusion of this energy, their minds and bodies heightening to greater forms, their bodies development accelerating and constructing in a near-instant. Four alike forms were born from the spark that had caused the magical influx; The Humans, the Elves, the Orcs, and the Dwarves, as well as the introduction of many mythical beasts and creatures such as Dragons, Wyverns, Elementals, and others. These lifeforms were spit out from this infusion process like a byproduct from its impact, thrusted into their world with new mind and body. Primitive instinct remained within these lifeforms even after their infusion, and their desires to survive began to reemerge. The Dragons and Wyverns took to the skies, The elementals scattering outward throughout the land with a desire to construct. As for the main four ‘Humanoid’ races, they quickly realized they could not survive their new world alone, and they banded together as one likeminded group. The building blocks for civilization and enlightenment fell into place, and the [Age of Development] reached its beginnings. With the full cooperation of these four like minded races came means of communication such as language, writing, and story. They began to understand the world around them, using its resources to their advantage to construct and grow, and together they began to inhabit their new home. As they looked over their accomplishments, and the vast expanse of inhabiting cities and towns that existed, and they decided on a name to that would be given to the lands to represent their accomplishments, and the bright future they held together. They thought a great deal on this,end eventually dubbed it all, their Empires of Zune.
463841637eba04d299de9ed38208db21.jpg

A chunk of Thantos, the infernal being finds its way to Mirtis as well, crashing a distance away from the main settlements, or Amberhold, and the magical wave that rockets through the area creates a sort of corruption sickness, which beings to eat away at the pureness of the lifeforms on earth. The humans use their proficiencies in the arcane to push back the spreading of this ‘corrupting sickness’ while the elves begin to try and heal those affected. Inevitably, some from every race fall to the sickness as well as a portion of mythical beasts and creatures, becoming fully corrupted and vile creatures. The Undead derive from those who had fallen and risen due to the sickness, wraiths and necromancers derive from humans, elves and orcs who lose their minds to the corrupting and overwhelming magic. The sickened elves find their skin darkening and their thoughts shifting, becoming dark elves, the dwarves find their humanity ripped away and their dormant greed erupts, turning them into twisted creatures of metal and stone known as golems. Dragons find their scales and skin rip away to bone and ash as their minds are lost to the corruption.

Those who remained unaffected pushed out the creatures of corruption and malice with force, finding no other choice. For the first time in decades they used violence against their former friends and allies. The creatures began to leave on their own as well, as if they were beckoned from beyond the reaches of the horizon. With the dust settling, there was an uncertainty amongst the healthy. Each race began to develop varying opinions on what they had just witnessed, the humans claiming the corruption had changed them, and while they could not be saved, they would have to be put down. The elves and orcs disagreed. The elves believed that those who had become corrupt could still be saved, and there were hints of their former selves locked away, while the orcs believed that while their comrades were lost to the corruption, killing them with honour, and not mindless slaughter as the humans had suggested, would free their souls and allow them peace. The dwarves remained undecided, and rather distant from the raging opinions, the horrors and deformities they had seen their brethren become instilling pure fear into their minds. The dwarves were close-knit, and seeing their brethren morph to such creatures had crushed their spirit.

Soon enough, separation begins to occur, with the elves retreating to the Great Forests, where they will live peacefully and maintain the balance of nature, to the Dwarves, who decided to inhabit numerous mountain ranges, and mine out their wealth. The orcs moved to the badlands, where they decided to fight the Infernal corruption head on as a challenge. The humans inhabit primarily the Great Plains, but do not shy away from living wherever they can, and so it would be possible to find humans living amongst all races, and a few hybrids existing. While they are all separated, they are still collectively known as Empire.The empire as a whole is governed by three representatives elected by each race known as the Council of Thirteen, but these representatives do not necessarily have to have political power within their race to become a representative.

As of recent events, a single Grey had suddenly appeared during a Council of Thirteen meeting and preached about a single Demon rising to power and leading the Infernal forces in one massive army to wipe out every Celestial being on Mirtis, and destroying the shard of Thessia. The Grey said that only thing that could stop Mafertath was specifically any number of worthy fighters from three out of the four races, but no more than ten could defeat Maferath. The Council of Thirteen took it half-heartedly, as The Grey's hardly ever speak to the other races, and are hardly associated with Infernal beings, and especially because of how over specific it sounded. It was much to exact to be true. Though, when the attacks from Infernal beings began to ramp up, most noticed how much more intelligent and powerful Infernal beings had become. The demon's name was Maferath, a name uncommon to all, but take seriously by the Council. They came to a unanimous decision to collectivley, as a three representatives of each race, choose as many worthy warriors as they could from their respective races, and they would be presented to fight Maferath.

The RacesMain Celestial Race 'Summaries'
Humans: Humans are by far the most numerous race to exist on Mirtis. They are very intelligent, their intelligence being second only to the Elves, and highly adaptable. They are a race heavily interested in magic, and manipulation of magical forces. They are interested in primarily Celestial magic, and humans that dabble in Infernal magic fall at risk of corruption, though it is possible for them to wield it. Humans live for about 80 years at most, but there are outliers who live longer, or die earlier. Humans have developed the language that every race uses as a standard way of communication known simply as "Basic" though the other races have deviated and made their own way of communicating. Human settlements often produce potent and determined warriors and the occasional wizard. Like every other race that has a spot on the council, they have three representatives on the Council of Thirteen

Elves: A natural and orderly race living amongst nature, just as interested in magic as the humans, though they are by far much more intelligent than them, and have made greater leaps and bounds in technology and the little shared knowledge of magic. They are long lived creatures, averaging about 200 years, and those who are adept in Celestial magic using their magic to facilitate an even longer life span. They have developed their own language, appropriately named "Elvish" or "Elven". Due to most of their common staying away from humans, the Basic language has fallen out of practice for them, and a common elf could probably speak very little Basic. Elves often produce fine archers, and even finer wizards at a more common rate than Humans. Like every other race that have representatives on the council, they have three representatives as well.

Dwarves: An industrious and tightly knit society that views each individual as a part of one collective family. They are infatuated with the natural minerals and shards of the earth, and love creating magical constructs and machinery that push the bounds of known technology. They don't live as long as elves, but most certainly live longer than humans, having an average lifespan of about 120 years before passing. Dwarves are incredibly strong for their small size, their strength seconded by orcs, or a few particularly built Humans. They hardly ever trade with the other races, and are strongly independent as a race. They spend most of their time collecting wealth, and are known to mine entire mountains hollow in a matter of decades. Dwarves seem to have trouble learning how to use magic, and due to their race struggling with this as a whole, have mainly given up on trying to use magic individually, and start using magic more as a way to power machines. They all speak Basic, but they have created a few dwarven slang words that are often used among their own. Much like the former two races, they too have three representatives on the council.

Orcs: A hierarchical race of tightly knit an honorable warriors who view combat and the art of war as the most respectable and important cause in the world. They are the physically strongest and biggest race, but the least intelligent. Even then, they are still a competent society who can govern themselves quite well. While they honor fighting, they are hardly barbaric. Mirtis' most famous Lute player is an Orc. While Orc's aren't particularly intelligent, for whatever odd reason, they are extremely good readers, and can process and handle large amounts of information easily. They speak Basic, and Basic only. They are governed by one Orc named the Lord of War, and his two personal servants, the Lord's Wrath, and the Lord's Voice. The three govern the orcs, and speak for them during The Council of Thirteen's annual meetings.

Hybrids: A race of half-human half-animal hybrids that were fused together during the initial impact of the Celestial shard.They can also be classified as human-elf hybrids, or orc-elf hybrids, and so on. This race is a curious one, and they are made up of various groups. ‘Fur’ hybrids which encompass cat/fox people, generally tend to stick together, while ‘Scaled’ hybrids such as lizards/draconids group up as well. They live in tribes and settlements scattered around the entire region. They are often grouped in with humans, and have no issue with that. They have no elected representatives on the council.

Angels: A race of pure Celestial beings who were infused with an abnormally high amount of Celestial energy. This race views themselves quite highly, and situate themselves as close to the Celestial crystal as possible. They act as emissaries and guardians to the Celestial crystal, guarding the path up the mountain with their lives. They only have one representative on the council, and that representative acts as the head, and is currently the most powerful wizard to ever exist. For every Angel, there is an equal Demon counterpart.

Main Infernal Race 'Summaries'

Undead: Fallen humanoids that have risen again from the large amount of Infernal energy within them. These undead are filled with a hatred towards the Celestial beings. They have figments of their past memories, but they care not for them and live in gratitude of Thantos, thankful for their revival.

Vampiric: Vampiric beings have been corrupted more mentally than physically, and this occurs when a Celestial being falls victim to the corruption of Thantos. Their corruption is cause for an unnatural craving for the blood of Celestial beings, and they seek it willingly, though it is a known fact that the blood drank by anyone living a vampiric lifestyle is unhealthy for them for unknown reasons, and generally shortens their lifespan greatly. They wind up slowly killing themselves over their craving for blood. It is not known what the specific circumstances are that create a Vampire, but it is certainly not bound to one race.

Dark elves: Elves corrupted by infernal energy, these elves have a fascination with dark spirits and ritualistic summonings, preferring to remain secluded in the darkness to do what they wish without interruption. Dark elves are very self-centered, and often seek to spread their corruption to others, however, Dark Elves tend to live much, much longer than normal elves, and live for around 350 years tops.

Golems: Dwarves who’ve been corrupted by infernal energy. Their original greed has manifested like a curse from the corruption, their skin turning to a mix metal and stone, as well as warping their minds to continuously seek more. They can grow infinitely big, and have known to been able to breathe short streams of high intensity fire, which they use to weld pieces of metal and rock to their body. Their dwarven strength is also dramatically increased so they can support the weight of their new metal skin.

Unseen: The unseen are beings that have been heavily warped by Infernal energies, and their bodies have faded to near complete transparency because of this. They now embody dark smokey beings with gleaming red eyes. Their behaviour is rather malevolent and quite violent. No race can be corrupted and become an Unseen. They are born directly from a shard of Thantos.

Demons: Demons are beings who hold the highest amount of Infernal energy within them at once. These beings work directly with Thantos to ensure the Infernal shards security, and they hide terrible beast-like bodies behind more tame, humanoid visages. For every Demon, there is an equal Angel counterpart.

Neutral Races Summaries
The Grey: The Grey are a very mysterious, and the least known race out of everything that lives on Mirtis. Their race is completely defined by one Order of the Grey that their entire race seems to be apart of. It was a government that enforces extremely strict rules that don't allow any show of emotion to be shown from any member at any given time no matter where they are. Every Grey seems to be extremely disciplined, reserved, calm and collected. They are the only known beings to not be corrupted by Infernal energies, but also remain uneffected by Celestial energies. The Grey all look the same. All are 6'0 even, have light gray skin, and completely black eyes, all come with varying levels of telepathic abilities, ranging from telepathy that could only allow a Grey to read minds, to extremely potent telekinesis that can allow a single Grey to shake or even lift the very mountains that the dwarves inhabit. Due to this, every other race are extremely afraid of them. A Grey's death has never been recorded, but at the same time, neither has one being born. That being said, nobody knows where exactly the Grey's are based in at, and their existence is only known because of one Grey known as Virex by every race decimating an entire Elven army that was 10,000 strong alone just by blinking, then suddenly vanished.

Elementals: Elementals are beings that are completely made up of what are perceived to be the only 4 elements in existence. Fire, Water, Earth, and Air namely. They are very intelligent, and very large, most standing or floating at 50 feet tall, but are extremely hard to find. Killing an Elemental (if done successfully, as they are very hard to kill) will make them disintegrate into an essence that is determined by the type of elemental. This Essence is very expensive and sought after for it's magical properties. Elementals, if left alone, will live forever. They are said to have been on Mirtis since the beginning, and will be the only that remain in the end. Their sizes and shapes usually look like those of normal beings, some taking the properties of humans and walking the plains of Mirtis, or some making like a bird and flying about. By all means, it's said that a bird-like flying Elemental is the most rare elemental, and is said to have potent healing properties born from its Essence, though this kind of Elemental has not been named, only one has been recorded to exist.

Now that the creative part is over, if you're reading this, I really hope you read the multiple paragraphs above this, because I put a lot of work and time into it. I tried this idea once before, and it made it to the IC phase of the RP, but died off due to lack of people posting. It's been a while since I've tried any RP, and this would be my third attempt at trying to make an RP. I'd really enjoy it if I could gather around 4-10 players for this RP. People who are at least willing to give me 2+ paragraphs a week and people also willing to play the different Celestial races that I've created for this RP (however generic they are, lol). If you aren't interested in this RP for any specific reason, if you feel like giving me a bit of constructive criticism to help me get better at creating worlds for people to RP in, I'm very open minded. I will also try to answer questions about this world as best as I can. We'll only use Celestial races for this RP.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I do have one spare CS that I've worked very hard on but was rejected on a technicality, and I think it'll work here.

ooooooh i have a character im just dying to play i hope she would work here.

Great! Thanks for the interest. Glad you're on board.

No problem. When the CS page is up, I'll PM you to discuss the details of my CS. It's actually quite experimental/different but controversial as it involves demons.

No problem. When the CS page is up, I'll PM you to discuss the details of my CS. It's actually quite experimental/different but controversial as it involves demons.

I think you should PM me about that before the CS sheet is up. Like I said, we'll only be playing Celestials in this RP, (but I am open minded to those who want to play something else) so I want you to run your idea by me before you start putting time in on a CS.

I think you should PM me about that before the CS sheet is up. Like I said, we'll only be playing Celestials in this RP, (but I am open minded to those who want to play something else) so I want you to run your idea by me before you start putting time in on a CS.

In due time. I'll definitely PM you before the CS sheet is up... I meant that when the page for us to put up our CS goes up (therefore, CS page), I'll PM you since it's around that time that we actually begin working on the CSes.

Hey! This seems pretty cool and i would like to join, but the thing is... I'm pretty new to roleplaying. If that is no problem to you then i would love to be a part of this roleplay.

Hey! This seems pretty cool and i would like to join, but the thing is... I'm pretty new to roleplaying. If that is no problem to you then i would love to be a part of this roleplay.

Thanks! It doesn't matter if your new to roleplaying, as long as your capable of making a passable CSS and being able to post 2+ paragraphs (or more) a week, then you can definitely find a spot here.

fantasy_map_1516579224438.pngHere's a map for you all. Remember where the races reside. Orcs are in the badlands, humans to the plains, elves to the forest, the land of Angels is obviously where the angels are, Empirical 43 is the most secure fort in Zune that holds the crystal of Thessia, and the Gray Quarter is where the Grey's are. CSS Should be up today or tomorrow, as will the OOC.

Shah_Rukh Shah_Rukh
Darkraven Darkraven
Dumplingboy Dumplingboy

Oh, my, this looks great.

Your avatar is amazing, as well. Will PM you with an idea I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back