• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Empire of Alstasia - S U C C E S S I O N

I'd love to join as a family member for the Kirklands! Perhaps an illegitimate child? Dunno.

oooo interested in playing a family member in the wright house.
I would love to join this as a supporting family member.

I'd love to join as a family member for the Kirklands! Perhaps an illegitimate child? Dunno.

Hello, and welcome! We will most likely be opening a chat soon where you guys can talk these things through. I am just waiting my dearest Brad to get back online. As for illegitimate children? Awesome! A 200 year war just passed. If they survived and made an impact - and most importantly - proved their loyalty, there is no reason why a family won't embrace them fully into the family, maybe even push them up to the point where they are a leader. Can't wait to see what ya'll do!

Last edited:
'Ello there! I'm interested in this RP! Well, duh.. since I'm posting in it...

Anyways, d'you think that being a part of the Hacaster family would be alright?

'Ello there! I'm interested in this RP! Well, duh.. since I'm posting in it...

Anyways, d'you think that being a part of the Hacaster family would be alright?
Today we will be updating a few things. Confirming with others who came first - since we want to give them preference. When we have the main group set up, we can have them and you interact and determine familial relations and the like. I see no reason why you should not be, and I am very happy that you are showing interest. Give us a few hours and we will get back to everyone.

A T T E N T I O N - We will be rolling out the DISCORD server soon, which will be followed by such things as the OOC, and the CS. I am glad to see the enthusiasm from you all, and I can't wait to see what you have in mind for your characters.

And imma guessing all heirs are taken?

I am confirming with them at the moment. We should be able to know within the next few hours/by tomorrow. If they choose not to retain their position, then I will extend the offer to the next request in the line. At the moment, I think there is a good chance that all are taken, so I would suggest you explore the idea of a family member, or perhaps something else. We will be exploring the nature of these positions soon, and letting everyone know . Thank you for your interest.

I am confirming with them at the moment. We should be able to know within the next few hours/by tomorrow. If they choose not to retain their position, then I will extend the offer to the next request in the line. At the moment, I think there is a good chance that all are taken, so I would suggest you explore the idea of a family member, or perhaps something else. We will be exploring the nature of these positions soon, and letting everyone know . Thank you for your interest.
Probably do a Cousin Count or somthing, be a military man I’d say, so I’m fine with whatever.

I really like the world building you got here so let's just jump right in to this. Arcanist Arcanist Any chance you'd be fine with a younger or older sister.

Please tell me this is still open. I'd like to take an Heir spot, but if I read through correctly there isn't one open? So maybe a younger sister to the Wright Duchess?

Last edited:
Interested. I would also like to be made aware any heir spots open up. If not, I'll most likely create a very supportive sibling or cousin of one of the five noble families. I will also use this opportunity to ask what is the character limit?

Last edited:
Please tell me this is still open. I'd like to take an Heir spot, but if I read through correctly there isn't one open? So maybe a younger sister to the Wright Duchess?
Yes, it's open. We will most likely have CSs this evening. Heir spots are taken however, but there should be many alternative options open still. Glad you are interested.

Interested. I would also like to be made aware any heir spots open up. If not, I'll most likely create a very supportive sibling or cousin of one of the five noble families. I will also use this opportunity to ask what is the character limit?
I believe, due to the excessive amount of interest, we will limit it to one each. This may come up for reconsideration later, and I will have to confer with Brad, who is sleeping atm. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for showing interest.

I really like the world building you got here so let's just jump right in to this. Arcanist Arcanist Any chance you'd be fine with a younger or older sister.

I'd be down for that!

I'd be open to having family members for Duke Weight! ^^

I want to die after realising that said weight ughghghhgh

ANYHOW, sure! I#ll drop a message.

A T T E N T I O N - The CSs already posted look amazing! I can't wait to okay them!

A T T E N S I O N
Heyo, everyone! We have the CS now, and LORE, OOC, and now also a DISCORD! Please follow the link below, which will add you to the server, through which we can discuss further plans for the RP. Hope to you there!

D U H D U H , LadyOfStars LadyOfStars , darkborn darkborn , FireMaiden FireMaiden , ithinkcat ithinkcat - I am tagging you all since you showed interest. If you still are interested, please join - if not, good luck on your future RPs!

View attachment 536484
♕ The Empire of Alstasia ♕
S U C C E S S I O N

The Great War has ended. Two hundred years. Two hundred years… Of cities burning. Of countrysides torched. First by invading forces, having looted what they could, then by peasants who had to drag the corpses of would-be heroes and enemies into heaps outside the walls, and watch the faces of the young and the brave go up in flames. Sickness had come, as the scars left by war became infected by time. The war had claimed millions. The Plague that followed it killed tens of millions. Entire cities torched by their former inhabitants, water supplies drained and the clay beneath the water left to bake in the summer sun.

Before long the war itself seemed to have become an afterthought. Something generals did when they remembered they still had to hate entire nations. If there was a victor in the affair, it was death. The war came to a close, not with a ceremony and the public shaming of a fallen enemy. It came to a close when soldiers refused to fight anymore. When Kings and Emperors alike mourned the decimation of their once proud lines. It came to a close when an entire nation formed in revolt - and their secession was met with quiet nods, and promises of future aid, should they need it.

View attachment 536485
Emperor Lucius the Last - Fourth of His Name, Lord Protector of the Empire of Alstasia

The Breckenridge line had served the people of Alstasia since its inception. More than one-and-a-half-thousand years ago they were the brave who chased away wild boars and mountain lions when a young people settled in the cold north, having been driven away from their pleasantly temperate ancestral climes to the south. They were the first to form militia, the first to offer protection in return for service, the first to claim a crown, and the first to start a war. Upon the death of a King, and later - an Emperor - the great houses of Alstasia elect a replacement. It had always been so. The right to rule was earned. It would always be. In the long history of the world, the Breckenridge have held the crown more times than all other houses combined. They have always been prone to deification. Even in losing their first war did they win the hearts of their people. Even in suffering an invasion did they win allies they would never have won before. Even in losing the crown to another house did they manage to change Alstasia for the good.

Now… one Breckenridge remains. Emperor Lucius the Last, fourth of his name. He who mourns the end of his dynasty, alone in his palace, clothed in black at all times, awaiting his end. Upon his death the six great houses will become five. From among those five would be chosen his replacement. Never again will there be a Breckenridge on the throne. His replacement would choose a new House to replace his, and one of the pillars of Alstasia will crumble away into history. That day however, has not come yet. He was the last Breckenridge. He would face this as his family had done all their lives. They faced death on battlefields, in sieged fortresses, in medical tents, and on the high seas. He would face his own too. Even if that meant he had to call them to his home.

You are of the five most noble houses of Alstasia. Your house remains fortunate in that it has lineage left to spare. When the last son of the Emperor died, the reality of what would come to pass set in. You, or those like you, would be vying for the throne. The Emperor is old. Not yet to the point where he might die any moment… but he is old. And the other four houses would be readying their charges. You would be readied as well. Perhaps not just you… cousins and siblings with similar ambitions might offer you challenges much closer to home, but one thing remains certain. Your house deserves this. And you would see it so. If not you, you will ensure one of you make it. This is too important an opportunity to let slip. Yes, Alstasia will be losing a great house to history… but, so too will another house have the chance to make history.

Greetings, and welcome

I am glad you have showed some interest in this. We have a rather elaborate history set up, points of interest, family goals, and various other sources through which you might enrich your role-play. As it is, you would be creating a potential candidate for the throne. While there have been many elder Emperors and Kings, this is a world post a 200 year war. The nation is exhausted, and it’s allies are spent. If ever there has needed to be faith in the crown, it would be now. As such, a young, keen, charismatic, and just candidate will most likely be chosen. One that can restore faith in the idea of a dynasty and carry the mythic mantle of the passing House. If you are not all, or none, of these things, then you better be good at pretending you are.

You have been called to the home of the Emperor, who refuses to allow for conflict post his death. He would see all quarreling done before his time. He would not risk another war. This offers you the chance to not only gain his favor, but also study your competition, and - perhaps sway, convert, bribe or extort them into casting their votes for you. For not only will you be going there to win favor, but you will attend as the Electorate, and you will choose your new Emperor. And seeing as you can’t vote for yourself, you have some work to do.

The five houses available and their primary candidates are...

The Van Schaik - The Eldest Son and Heir of the Earl - Taken by - TYPE TYPE
The Kirkland - The Eldest Nephew and Heir of the Marchioness - Taken by - @Bradchon

The Wright - The Eldest Son or Daughter of the Duchess
The Locklow - The Eldest Son or Daughter of the Count
The Hacaster - The Eldest Son or Daughter of the Marquis

NOTE: These are not part of an exhausted list. You may make cousins, siblings or even young uncles or aunts who may also be vying for the throne. If you so choose, you could also create an important member of the family who is part of the electorate, but who does not wish to actually be considered for the crown. In doing this, you could play a vital ally to your family’s candidate.

This sounds like a lot of fun. Is it too late to join?
I want to play a tomboyish heiress and her attached little bro.

Or are all the spots filled?
I read the main post but I am still reading the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back