• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Empire of Alstasia - S U C C E S S I O N - O O C

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

TYPE

Now what?
1549393417346.png
♕ The Empire of Alstasia ♕
S U C C E S S I O N

Greetings, and welcome. Please feel free to ask any questions or raise any concerns within this thread. We ( Braddington Braddington and I) Will be answering and commenting as soon as we are able. Thank you to those who showed interest near the start, and who have been very patient with us. We will make sure to have everything sorted out within the next few days.

Last edited:
'Sup!

I have one question: Is there a.. hrm.. I dunno how to put it...

Well, I guess What I mean to say is.. Is there a group like the Rangers from the Ranger's Apprentice Series?
Here's the Fandom Wiki link to what I'm talking about:
Ranger Corps

'Sup!

I have one question: Is there a.. hrm.. I dunno how to put it...

Well, I guess What I mean to say is.. Is there a group like the Rangers from the Ranger's Apprentice Series?
Here's the Fandom Wiki link to what I'm talking about:
Ranger Corps

Something like that does exist! We will update the lore document with them. If you have any ideas around them, do say so.

Throwing out there, but is there gunpowder available? I'd like to create a small Prussian like Duchy if that is all possible.

Throwing out there, but is there gunpowder available? I'd like to create a small Prussian like Duchy if that is all possible.

I am sorry, but unfortunately we are trying to keep everything manageable, and less about conflict or the types of things that will escalate into conflict. Not so much because we dislike it, but because people tend to be less prone to diplomatic solutions over who wins, and it tends to devolve into "My gun is better and bigger than yours." - so, to answer you, no. We don't have firearms as of yet.

Beyond that, we will be making individual people - originally we were going to just have a few people, so we are still discussing as to how best to integrate a larger group. This will most likely result in you all creating nearby family, and not entire groups or states. Again, we will try and get these parameters back to you asap, and the CS should make all of this clear.

Ah, I see, pity. I probably will pull my interest, as this type of setting would not be personal interesting to me without the concept of gunpowder weaponry.

Still, best of luck to y'all!

Oh, just so you know: I don't really care if I'm an heir or not. So, if there IS anyone who wants to be heir to the Hacaster family, would it be alright if I was, say... I dunno, a younger brother? xD.

So, I read that magic is a thing in this rp, but we're limited to two Cantrip spells. Would we have use dice to use them in the rp? Or.... Idk how DnD spells work, actually, I've never played.

So, I read that magic is a thing in this rp, but we're limited to two Cantrip spells. Would we have use dice to use them in the rp? Or.... Idk how DnD spells work, actually, I've never played.
Think of it more like a guide. In any magic rp you can choose what kind of magic you can do. For this, just imagine the cantrips and definitions as guides to know the limits of magic. In combat there will be no rolling. Does that answer your question? If not, please ask again.

Think of it more like a guide. In any magic rp you can choose what kind of magic you can do. For this, just imagine the cantrips and definitions as guides to know the limits of magic. In combat there will be no rolling. Does that answer your question? If not, please ask again.
Well, it answered the dice one, lol. But, just to clarify, just like any other magic rp, use it a guide, but limited to two?

Well, it answered the dice one, lol. But, just to clarify, just like any other magic rp, use it a guide, but limited to two?
Yeah. I don't want people rushing around using magic all crazy. So yeah, imgaine I just put that list in the Lore, said pick two or fewer and had just the definitions. It's mostly for flavor since this is driven. Hope this helps.

Yeah. I don't want people rushing around using magic all crazy. So yeah, imgaine I just put that list in the Lore, said pick two or fewer and had just the definitions. It's mostly for flavor since this is driven. Hope this helps.
Yeah. I was toying with some sort of fire manipulation or some sort of ice thing. Basic but fun

Yeah. I was toying with some sort of fire manipulation or some sort of ice thing. Basic but fun

Yeah, Control Flame/Produce flame should be perfect for that. Or Chill Touch, or Shape Water might be be better. Or both?! There are many amazing ones. I normally would suggest one "flavor" one that's there for character reasons, and one that's more combat relevant.

Yeah, Control Flame/Produce flame should be perfect for that. Or Chill Touch, or Shape Water might be be better. Or both?! There are many amazing ones. I normally would suggest one "flavor" one that's there for character reasons, and one that's more combat relevant.
Control Flame is probably one I was gonna go for, and you know, Chill touch would be handy in getting her point across in intense situations....

Thanks, you've helped alot

ac881508da4da9c848087429bb241114.jpg

TITLE - MARQUESS[ALBEIT THIS IS DISPUTED]

NAME - REMILLION 'REMY' ASTREA
FAMILY NAME - KIRKLAND / ASTREA [HE SWITCHES BETWEEN THE TWO DEPENDING ON WHICH ONE BENEFITS HIM MORE IN SAID SITUATION]

AGE - 23
SEX - MALE
HEIGHT - 5'11
WEIGHT - 156 LBS
BUILD - REMY HAS A NATURALLY LANKY BUILD AND HE HAS WORKED WITHOUT A BREAK TO BUILD MUSCLE ON THAT. HE NOW SPORTS BROADER SHOULDERS, LONG LEGS, AND GRACEFUL ARMS.

SPECIAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS - HE HAS SOME RATHER FEMININE TRAITS TOO SUCH AS LONG EYELASHES, SOFT AND PLUMP LIPS, AND A THIN WAIST. HE HAS BEEN TOLD BEFORE HIS BODY REMINDS THE ONE OF A DANCER.

BEST POSITIVE PHYSICAL ASPECT - HE IS FAST AND FLEXIBLE, HIS SENSES AND REFLEXES ARE REMARKABLE.
WORST NEGATIVE PHYSICAL ASPECT - HE LACKS THE STRENGTH THAT YOU'D EXPECT FROM A KIRKLAND.

BEST POSITIVE SOCIAL ASPECT - REMY IS OPEN-MINDED AND WILL NOT REFUSE TO LISTEN TO SOMEONE WHO MIGHT BE CONSIDERED ECCENTRIC. IN FACT, HE IS MORE ATTRACTED TO ODD PEOPLE AND OUTCASTS.

WORST NEGATIVE SOCIAL ASPECT - HE IS A VENGEFUL, BITTER PERSON WHO IS TRAPPED IN HIS OWN PAST.

SPECIALIZED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE - HE SPECIALIZES IN THE USE OF A PLETHORA OF WEAPONS, BUT HAS ALWAYS PREFERRED ONES THAT EITHER ALLOW HIM TO GET ALL UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL SUCH AS DAGGERS AND LIGHTER SWORDS. THAT, OR EITHER LONG RAGE WEAPONRY SUCH AS HIS TRUSTY BOW AND ARROWS. HE ENJOYS WRESTLING, GYMNASTICS, AND FENCING.

REMY HAS FOUND PEACE IN MUSIC, HIS FAVORITE INSTRUMENTS BEING THE LUTE AND HIS OWN VOICE. HE DOES HAVE A DECENT EDUCATION, EVEN IF IT'S NOT AS EXTENSIVE AS THE USUAL NOBLE WOULD HAVE. THE ONLY ACADEMICS HE EVER ENJOYED WAS THE STUDY OF STARS AND SKIES.

MAGIC - HE HAS LEARNED TWO SPELLS - FROSTBITE AND RAY OF FROST

PRIMARY GOAL IN LIFE - PROVING HIS WORTH TO THE WORLD
GREATEST FAILURE IN LIFE - TRUSTING THE WRONG PEOPLE AT THE WRONG TIME AND LETTING HIMSELF BE STEPPED ON LIKE A DOORMAT. REMILLION STILL TO THIS DAY REGRETS THAT HE DID NOT REBEL MORE AND FIGHT AGGRESSIVELY FOR HIS 'EARNED' PLACE IN THE HOUSE OF KIRKLAND.

CHILDHOOD (AGES 1 - 9) - REMILLION WAS BORN TO ALBÈRT KIRKLAND AND JEANETTE ASTREA. HIS MOTHER WAS A LOW-CLASS SERVANT TO THE KIRKLAND HOUSE. ALBÈRT KIRKLAND WAS A CHARISMATIC AND HUMOROUS. JEANETTE WAS OBVIOUSLY IMMEDIATELY ENAMORED WITH HIM. THE TWO OF THEM HAD AN AFFAIR, SOMETHING JEANETTE WOULD LATER COME TO REGRET. PROBLEM WAS, ALBÈRT WAS ALREADY MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE AND EVEN HAD A SON. WHEN REMILLION WAS BORN, HE WAS TREATED WITH RESPECT AND WAS ALLOWED TO LIVE WITH THE REST OF THE KIRKLANDS. HIS MOTHER, HOWEVER, WAS 'SENT AWAY' AS THEY DESCRIBED TO HIM. HIS PATERNAL GRANDFATHER, GUILBERT, WAS RATHER INDIFFERENT, SINCE HIS SON AND ELDEST GRANDSON WOULD EVENTUALLY CONTINUE THE LINE. REMY THINKS THAT THIS PERIOD OF HIS LIFE WAS HIS HAPPIEST. HE PLAYED WITH HIS BROTHER BEAUFORD AND ADMIRED HIM, GOING AS FAR AS TO IDOLIZING HIM LIKE YOUNGER SIBLINGS OFTEN DID. HE WAS WELL-FED, DRESSED AND ENTERTAINED. SURE, HE NEVER REALLY WAS ALLOWED TO BE SEEN BY OTHERS DUE TO THE SHAME HE WAS BRINGING TO THE FAMILY, BUT HE DID NOT MIND. AS LONG AS HE GOT TO BE WITH HIS FAMILY.

TEENAGE YEARS (AGES 10 - 16) - REMY WAS GROWING MORE CURIOUS ABOUT HIS MOTHER EVERY DAY, BUT NO ONE WOULD SAY ANYTHING TO HIM. TRAGEDY STRUCK THE FAMILY AS HIS FATHER DIED. ONE OF ALBÈRT'S LAST WISHES WAS FOR REMY TO BE TREATED WITH THE SAME RESPECT AS LEGITIMATE CHILDREN. GUILBERT OBLIGED TO THIS LAST WISH TOOK CARE OF BOTH OF HIS GRANDSONS. HOWEVER, THEIR GRANDFATHER DIED SHORTLY AFTER. REMY WAS DEVASTATED AND AT A VULNERABLE AGE. THIS WAS A TIME IN HIS LIFE WHERE HE NEEDED A FATHER FIGURE THE MOST. SADLY, HIS AUNT ADELINE WAS NOW THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY. SHE WAS NOT PARTICULARLY FOND OF REMILLION BEING A BASTARD, A STAIN IN THE KIRKLAND FAMILY. SHE ADMITTED THAT JEANETTE WAS KILLED AS A PUNISHMENT FOR 'SEDUCING' ALBÈRT. REMY WAS TREATED LIKE TRASH. SHE WAS MERCIFUL ENOUGH TO LET HIM LIVE IN THE HOUSE, BUT REMY WAS BASICALLY JUST A DISCOUNT CINDERELLA. HE GREW MORE AND MORE JEALOUS ABOUT HIS ELDER BROTHER BEING TREATED LIKE ROYALTY AND HIMSELF BEING TREATED LIKE A DOG. HE WAS OFTEN PUNISHED FOR THINGS HE DID NOT DO AND ADELINE WAS A STRICT VERY STRICT WITH HIM. ALBEIT HE HATES HIS AUNT, HE CREDITS HER AS THE REASON THAT HE DEVELOPED A STRONGER PERSONALITY AND THIRST FOR JUSTICE. HIS LATE TEENAGE YEARS, REMY STARTED TO REBEL AGAINST HER. THIS WAS NOT TAKEN LIGHTLY AND HIS TITLE OF MARQUESS WAS STRIPPED AWAY.

YOUNG ADULTHOOD (AGES 17 - 24) - REMILLION WOULD TRY TO GET OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. HIS CHILDHOOD YEARS WERE ALL SPENT BETWEEN FOUR WALLS, REMY HAD BEEN HIDDEN SO THE NASTY RUMORS WOULDN'T SPREAD AND REACH HIS OWN POOR EARS TOO. NOW THAT NO ONE WAS STOPPING HIM, HE'D HIDE BEHIND HIS NEW NAME AND WANDER THROUGH THE LANDS. HE WOULD OFTEN MAKE MONEY BY PERFORMING OR TUTORING YOUNGER CHILDREN. LATELY, HE'S HAD HIS EYES SET ON CLEARING HIS OWN NAME AND BRINGING GLORY TO HIS FAMILY. BY HIS FAMILY, HE DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN THE KIRKLANDS... HE HAS VOWED TO AVENGE HIS MOTHER'S DEATH.

Hi, I just read your character and he looks cool. Just so you know however, titles are only really awarded to the person who is in line of succession. That means that only the Heir will have that title. In this case, Braddington Braddington 's character. Other than that, it looks good.

Hi, I just read your character and he looks cool. Just so you know however, titles are only really awarded to the person who is in line of succession. That means that only the Heir will have that title. In this case, Braddington Braddington 's character. Other than that, it looks good.
Whohoo! Let me ~edit~ it away

A T T E N T I O N - We will be posting a link for the Discord tonight, so that you all can contact the Heirs more easily and chat with them about roles and whatnot. The CSs already posted look amazing! I can't wait to okay them!

Is there like a little description of the families so I can pick which be to join?
I kinda wanna play characters who are inline for the throne but would really rather n ot sit on it, so they just watch all their cousins duke it out.

Is there like a little description of the families so I can pick which be to join?
I kinda wanna play characters who are inline for the throne but would really rather n ot sit on it, so they just watch all their cousins duke it out.

Here you are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back