• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Elinor Campaign - A tale of cursed items and politics - Closed

Hella Downweather

The Witch of the Quill
So, since COVID 19 is making it pretty hard to have my usual face to face Dnd sessions, I figured it would be a good time to try and host one here! I’m currently accepting 3 to 5 players for a rerun of one my favorite IRL dnd campaign.

The plot

You are in the medieval world known as Elinor. It is composed of two big factions, the huge continent named Revaire, governed by royalty for generations and the smaller continent named Lystriel, governed by a meritocratic system known as the Council. The are separated by two oceans, one named the Abyss Ocean due to the few islands in between the two land mass, and the other named the Ocean of Curiosities.

As far as you can remember, Elinor and Revaire have been in some sort of cold war, divided by cultural differences and opinions.

In between each Continent, we can find multiples islands, archipels, each having their own ecosystem and political system.

But for now, the whole political sphere doesn’t matter for you really.

Indeed, for a reason of your own, you have been drawn to the small coastal city of Archambourt, in Revaire, to attend their yearly fishing festival. As you were enjoying the night peacefully, a flash of light appeared as suddenly as it disappeared, leaving you a bit confused to its origin.

That was 8 hours ago.

You now are the unwilling owner of a ridiculous/silly cursed item, got arrested and stuck in a cell with others having the same predicament.

And your day has just started.

About the GM

Been playing Dnd on and off for the past 10 years, sometimes a player, sometimes a GM, always having fun planning the unexpected.

I am more of a roleplay than rollplay type of GM, and I’ll be honest when I say I’d much rather have someone that is there for the story than for min maxing it’s character. Especially when there are new players in the game...try balancing encounters when someone can one shot a small green dragon while the rest of the party is struggling to defeat a baby kobold with both eyes missing.

I am also French, and this campaign has been translated, so some terms may seem a bit...exotic to say the least. I may also make some grammar mistakes from time to time, so sorry in advance.

Basic Rules

I’ll be using the classic 5th edition of Dnd, and while I do not have all the extensions, I’m more than ok if you want to use them to create your character (race and/or class).

As far as Homebrew goes, I am fine with my players using Homebrew Race or Background (just please check with me beforehand as not to break the game), but I will refuse a homebrew class. This is one of the only points that is non negotiable.

Homerules

As a GM wanting to keep this as a medium to long term campaign, I will need some good and juicy backstory from your characters. It can be angsty and dark or fun and light, but I’ll need some content.

Before the game starts, I will give boons to players depending on their backstories. The more you give me, the more I’ll be inclined to give you ;)

Please note that I fully intent to use the content of said backstories to shape the campaign. Which is why I’m kinda limiting the party size here.

Level

The campaign will start at level 3

For the players, I’m pretty noob friendly ^^ No experience, 20 years experience, all are welcome in this campaign.

The minimum
2 posts per week (you can do more if you want!), 100 words minimum (unless in combat, then no restriction on post length). Read the rules. Please avoid being a murderhobo. Please be respectful to your peers. Meta Gaming will be dealt with accordingly.

I will be providing battle maps, and basic (homemade) maps during the game. So please use them !

Themes/Tone of the campaign

A bit more on the light side. There will be political intrigues, and your party will get to shape the political scene directly, but the main quests I have in mind do not involve too many dark elements.

Would you please save me a spot? I might need a few days to make myself a character, but I'd absolutely love to play!

Edit never mind, I finished most of my character. She just needs some polish on her backstory, and she's ready to go.

If you end up with a free spot I would love to join! I have the perfect character for intrigue: a bard born with one swan wing which she used to cheat herself into nobility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back