• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Edge of light

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ellida nodded. Well, it was pretty much probable that he knew the way back or they would have to find it. The elf's face turned red once this big man made his offer. She internally facepalmed and cursed her communication skills once again. She somehow managed to smile "Uhm, S-sir? I really r-really appreciate t-the offer but I'm s-sure I can make it back.." She finally formed a sentence after stumbling on her words.

Ellida knew she was lying, but not completely. She could make her way back if she found a way to stay awake for a while. The other armored man, the one she saved then spoke. He was right, but she actually wondered if she looked like multiple rocks separating due to erosion. The silver head sighed and leaned on her stick, her eyelids slowly closing before jolting back awake. The elf sighed once again and turned to the taller man, well, all of them were tall but the man holding Arcron was way taller, and nodded. Sleep was more powerful than her at the moment.

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Last edited:
After hearing the prince's words, Aaron made it back with the group, caring to not press too hard on his leg. He noticed a new person wielding an axe with Arcron being carried on his back. He looked worried for a second but calmed after hearing that his injuries could be healed after they make it back to the tavern. Since the race was officially over, the young boy felt relieved and shut his mouth and simply listened to each conversation. But since the build-up of emotions ended, he started thinking more logically and wondered why there had to be so many casualties for this entrance. It's true that being on the front line is necessary to prove yourself worthy, although the dead corpses only reminded him he could have been one two years before, or even today.

But this time, he may have found the group he always sought for. With a somewhat short smile, he was now ready to follow them and hoped he would get more efficient later on. He still had many opportunities to evolve after all. He bowed at everyone and started picking up the pace.

Last edited:
Scott's trek back to the tavern with the other adventurers was beginning to wear on his body, even though he had been healed thanks to elven magic, tiredness still crept up on him although he'll have to make due until they return to the tavern. As he was walking, the beauty of this humble forest was breath-taking because of the rush of adrenaline and the urgency of the race, he couldn't take in the beauty but now he could and while admiring nature isn't a favorite of his pass-times, it does allow one to calm themselves, especially since the darkness that plagued it disappeared... At least for now.

Scott gazed at the man carrying Arcron, he wasn't surprised by his height and strength, the surprising thing was his connection to Arcron, he figured the blacksmith to be a loner, an open and social loner but one who would distance himself from others at his choosing, guess his opinion of him would have to be changed. "So... big guy, what's your name?" Scott replied whilst walking beside the towering man. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Scott's trek back to the tavern with the other adventurers was beginning to wear on his body, even though he had been healed thanks to elven magic, tiredness still crept up on him although he'll have to make due until they return to the tavern. As he was walking, the beauty of this humble forest was breath-taking because of the rush of adrenaline and the urgency of the race, he couldn't take in the beauty but now he could and while admiring nature isn't a favorite of his pass-times, it does allow one to calm themselves, especially since the darkness that plagued it disappeared... At least for now.

Scott gazed at the man carrying Arcron, he wasn't surprised by his height and strength, the surprising thing was his connection to Arcron, he figured the blacksmith to be a loner, an open and social loner but one who would distance himself from others at his choosing, guess his opinion of him would have to be changed. "So... big guy, what's your name?" Scott replied whilst walking beside the towering man. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf
After hearing the prince's words, Aaron made it back with the group, caring to not press too hard on his leg. He noticed a new person wielding an axe with Arcron being carried on his back. He looked worried for a second but calmed after hearing that his injuries could be healed after they make it back to the tavern. Since the race was officially over, the young boy felt relieved and shut his mouth and simply listened to each conversation. But since the build-up of emotions ended, he started thinking more logically and wondered why there had to be so many casualties for this entrance. It's true that being on the front line is necessary to prove yourself worthy, although the dead corpses only reminded him he could have been one two years before, or even today.

But this time, he may have found the group he always sought for. With a somewhat short smile, he was now ready to follow them and hoped he would get more efficient later on. He still had many opportunities to evolve after all. He bowed at everyone and started picking up the pace.
Ellida nodded. Well, it was pretty much probable that he knew the way back or they would have to find it. The elf's face turned red once this big man made his offer. She internally facepalmed and cursed her communication skills once again. She somehow managed to smile "Uhm, S-sir? I really r-really appreciate t-the offer but I'm s-sure I can make it back.." She finally formed a sentence after stumbling on her words.

Ellida knew she was lying, but not completely. She could make her way back if she found a way to stay awake for a while. The other armored man, the one she saved then spoke. He was right, but she actually wondered if she looked like multiple rocks separating due to erosion. The silver head sighed and leaned on her stick, her eyelids slowly closing before jolting back awake. The elf sighed once again and turned to the taller man, well, all of them were tall but the man holding Arcron was way taller, and nodded. Sleep was more powerful than her at the moment.

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
"Are you sure you dont wish for me to carry you? If we are attacked on our way back you may not be able to keep up" Lucas seemed more concerned than anything as he slowed down walking beside Ellida to keep an eye on her as well as to keep her talking and awake until she could get to a bed. Laughing and brushing his hair as he he turned his attention to Scott "My name is Lucas Trost! But please just call me Lucas and what is your name young man?" Letting go of Arcron and leaving him balanced on his shoulder as he offered to shake his hand "I'll have to introduce you all to my little girl when we get back" laughing heartily before mumbling something under his breath "if any of you boys lay a finger on her I'll tear your head off and turn your skull into a goblet" glaring at Scott and the prince before returning to what was his normal calm self.
FromScarsToNew FromScarsToNew

------------

At some point during the night while Valarie was still well into her drunken state had made her way outside the inn and managed to curl up into Drauzrigh's lap falling back asleep. The giant orc somewhat reminded her of Lucas. She was acting somewhat like a child at this point so she figured the big orcs lap was the safest place in town, she had heard of people being robbed in inns and killed overnight so it was possible that she was being somewhat paranoid.

Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii

Natalie was halfway through drawing her blade at the burly man's threat before the prince simply flashed a smile at him, hands lazily clasped behind his head. "Oh don't worry old man, I won't try anything with your daughter. However, it may be hard for her to resist doing the same." He winked at him as strode away, ignoring the cold glare of assured murder that was trying to break him in half. Natalie stared down the man carrying the blacksmith, making clear that he would lose the hand he raised against her prince. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Arcron felt himself being moved, carried maybe? His mind was too far gone and clouded to make sense of any of it. He fumed through the fog of pain and exhaustion, the throbbing of his torn muscles and sharp spikes of pain centered on his many fractured bones the only thing keeping him from slipping into total darkness. But one thought kept itself constant, piercing through the blackness like a white-hot iron.
He wasn't strong enough.
The thought weighed on him like a mountain, crushing his will beneath it as he struggled to open his eyes even for a moment. Even after four years of surviving, months of training, weeks of fighting, and days spent in the constant state of alertness needed to make it in the wildlands, he still wasn't strong enough. He had been taken out by a Bandersnatch after a short run and a bit of fire. How could he even scratch the monsters he had sworn to kill all those years ago? And furthermore, how can he keep these people safe.
His hands twitched, then clenched, as he tried to force his body to move, making progress only through a sheer force of will. He knew that whatever was carrying him would notice, but he didn't care. With the last scrap of magic he had, he ignited a glyph tattooed on his arm, feeling it burn away as the spell stored inside was released.
"Come, my friend." Supertinyking Supertinyking
Before falling completely limb, the last of his energy drained as darkness overtook him.

Last edited:
Ruminations of reflective waters faded from Drauzrigh's mind they passed through a mist of confusion until the orc found himself back into consciousness, what had bestirred him? He was still gathering his senses, that he hadn't woken up from a bout of adrenaline was enough to say that he was either free from danger or at a point where he couldn't stop it if it occurred. Using his thumbs he rubbed a crescent from the inside of his eyes to his temple clearing his vision. Next Drauzrigh gave a large yawn and that's when he felt it a weight was on him, it had felt like a dog had come an lain in his lap. He took a look down to see yellow hair, but it didn't look like the hair of any dog he had known of, a few more moments had passed before it began to register what was actually laying there. He brushed the hair back to reveal the face of the girl from earlier, Valarie, curled up and sleeping. He just sat there and felt her constant breathing for a minute or two before finally choosing to wake her and figure out why exactly she was doing... well this. Lightly he shook her a bit in order to bring her back from her sleep before simply asking with a furrowed brow, "Why are you in my lap and not your room?"

Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Ruminations of reflective waters faded from Drauzrigh's mind they passed through a mist of confusion until the orc found himself back into consciousness, what had bestirred him? He was still gathering his senses, that he hadn't woken up from a bout of adrenaline was enough to say that he was either free from danger or at a point where he couldn't stop it if it occurred. Using his thumbs he rubbed a crescent from the inside of his eyes to his temple clearing his vision. Next Drauzrigh gave a large yawn and that's when he felt it a weight was on him, it had felt like a dog had come an lain in his lap. He took a look down to see yellow hair, but it didn't look like the hair of any dog he had known of, a few more moments had passed before it began to register what was actually laying there. He brushed the hair back to reveal the face of the girl from earlier, Valarie, curled up and sleeping. He just sat there and felt her constant breathing for a minute or two before finally choosing to wake her and figure out why exactly she was doing... well this. Lightly he shook her a bit in order to bring her back from her sleep before simply asking with a furrowed brow, "Why are you in my lap and not your room?"

Valarie shifted and yawned as her hair was brushed from her face. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, finally realizing where she was. Her face flushed bright red, feeling horribly embarrassed as her gaze fell upon the orcs face "I-I...Drauzrigh please forgive me, I must have moved here...." pausing, covering her mouth, telling him that she was having a nightmare and got scared would have killed her. "I didnt feel safe in my room and you are big and strong so I figured there wouldn't be anywhere safer!" Putting on a smile to try seem relaxed. After a few seconds of realizing what she had told him just then her smile changed to an expression of appearing mortified.

Scott's back straightened up when Lucas spoke to him, it was a habit his father instilled in him, to show respect to those older than he, revering experience and age was a lesson in the Webb house, an important lesson in the house. "My name is Scott Webb, sir." Replying to Lucas with a sharp and clean tone. He continued to walk calmly as passively listened to what people were saying, when his ears caught Lucas' mumbling, he turned his towards the giant and his eyes were fearful but Scott's sure, he won't touch the man's daughter. "Whatever you say, sir." He replied. He moved towards the Prince and his lovely guard. "So, your majesty, can you enlighten us on where your quest would take us?" Scott inquired. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf FromScarsToNew FromScarsToNew

------- Several meters away from the town entrance ------​

On the outskirts of the town, a tattered wagon sat by the rode, two horses laying on the road, blood pouring out from their neck, another tied to a tree. A nearby clearing was stained by a trail of blood, three men ran, one wounded and limping; A person following behind them, slowly as the man's sword held by his hand, just shy of touching the ground. A man tripped as the injured one and uninjured one continued sprinting in fear, the man shouted help and started screaming profanities and curses when he realized they weren't going to turn around to help him. Shhluk was the sound released as blade met flesh then dirt. He continued the chase. The two other men started to slow down as their stamina left them, their heavy breaths struggling to uphold their bodies, they fell on the ground. Then the uninjured man got up and turned around to face their pursuer, he drew a sword in order to stand his ground. The pursuer and the pursued, the hunter and the prey faced each other, the hunter's orange glowing eyes stared the man down as the man swung his sword in desperation, not even bothering to lift his own sword to block as the man's blade bounced off the hunter's pitch black armor. The imposing figure spoke."The mere shade of me... IS ENOUGH TO KILL YOU" He grabbed the man's head, his eyes showing nothing but terror, the hateful sword was swung and cleaved his head off in one slice, a thud was heard as the corpse collapsed on the ground, crimson fluid guzzling from the stump. "Please... wh...at.. did we do to you?" The injured soul cried out. The figure looked at him, dropping his former comrade's head, silent at first, the last man cried out once more. "WHY" and he received an answer. "Marks to collect." were the last words he heard as the hunter lunged forward and drove his wrathful blade in the man's head. He removed the blade from the head. He turned around to walk back to the horse, the poor animal at first reared at the sight of the shadow-clad being but calmed when he raised his arms and showed no hostility to the creature, the man climbed up on the saddled horse, he placed his backpack on the rump of the horse and rode the horse into the town ahead. He got off the plain horse and tied it to a post.

Valarie shifted and yawned as her hair was brushed from her face. Sitting up and rubbing her eyes, finally realizing where she was. Her face flushed bright red, feeling horribly embarrassed as her gaze fell upon the orcs face "I-I...Drauzrigh please forgive me, I must have moved here...." pausing, covering her mouth, telling him that she was having a nightmare and got scared would have killed her. "I didnt feel safe in my room and you are big and strong so I figured there wouldn't be anywhere safer!" Putting on a smile to try seem relaxed. After a few seconds of realizing what she had told him just then her smile changed to an expression of appearing mortified.
Drauzrigh let out a bit of a soft laugh, she had been clearly been caught off gaurd and he found that rather amusing. "It is alright for you to do such things, I do not mind. I would rather like warning before the next time." He smiled at Valarie and thought about what she had said to him a bit more. He once again let out a bit of a chuckle first sir orc and now he was safe this girl had no shortage of new names for him. "So 'safe' eh? Have to admit that's a first for me." He looked down at her next to him what would have made her feel like she needed safety even if it may have been in a drunken stuper? Perhaps someone in the Tavern had made her feel uneasy? "Why did you think you need saftey?" He said before looking back at the forest, careful not to let his gaze linger.

Natalie was halfway through drawing her blade at the burly man's threat before the prince simply flashed a smile at him, hands lazily clasped behind his head. "Oh don't worry old man, I won't try anything with your daughter. However, it may be hard for her to resist doing the same." He winked at him as strode away, ignoring the cold glare of assured murder that was trying to break him in half. Natalie stared down the man carrying the blacksmith, making clear that he would lose the hand he raised against her prince. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

Arcron felt himself being moved, carried maybe? His mind was too far gone and clouded to make sense of any of it. He fumed through the fog of pain and exhaustion, the throbbing of his torn muscles and sharp spikes of pain centered on his many fractured bones the only thing keeping him from slipping into total darkness. But one thought kept itself constant, piercing through the blackness like a white-hot iron.
He wasn't strong enough.
The thought weighed on him like a mountain, crushing his will beneath it as he struggled to open his eyes even for a moment. Even after four years of surviving, months of training, weeks of fighting, and days spent in the constant state of alertness needed to make it in the wildlands, he still wasn't strong enough. He had been taken out by a Bandersnatch after a short run and a bit of fire. How could he even scratch the monsters he had sworn to kill all those years ago? And furthermore, how can he keep these people safe.
His hands twitched, then clenched, as he tried to force his body to move, making progress only through a sheer force of will. He knew that whatever was carrying him would notice, but he didn't care. With the last scrap of magic he had, he ignited a glyph tattooed on his arm, feeling it burn away as the spell stored inside was released.
"Come, my friend." Supertinyking Supertinyking
Before falling completely limb, the last of his energy drained as darkness overtook him.
Scott's back straightened up when Lucas spoke to him, it was a habit his father instilled in him, to show respect to those older than he, revering experience and age was a lesson in the Webb house, an important lesson in the house. "My name is Scott Webb, sir." Replying to Lucas with a sharp and clean tone. He continued to walk calmly as passively listened to what people were saying, when his ears caught Lucas' mumbling, he turned his towards the giant and his eyes were fearful but Scott's sure, he won't touch the man's daughter. "Whatever you say, sir." He replied. He moved towards the Prince and his lovely guard. "So, your majesty, can you enlighten us on where your quest would take us?" Scott inquired. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf FromScarsToNew FromScarsToNew

------- Several meters away from the town entrance ------​

On the outskirts of the town, a tattered wagon sat by the rode, two horses laying on the road, blood pouring out from their neck, another tied to a tree. A nearby clearing was stained by a trail of blood, three men ran, one wounded and limping; A person following behind them, slowly as the man's sword held by his hand, just shy of touching the ground. A man tripped as the injured one and uninjured one continued sprinting in fear, the man shouted help and started screaming profanities and curses when he realized they weren't going to turn around to help him. Shhluk was the sound released as blade met flesh then dirt. He continued the chase. The two other men started to slow down as their stamina left them, their heavy breaths struggling to uphold their bodies, they fell on the ground. Then the uninjured man got up and turned around to face their pursuer, he drew a sword in order to stand his ground. The pursuer and the pursued, the hunter and the prey faced each other, the hunter's orange glowing eyes stared the man down as the man swung his sword in desperation, not even bothering to lift his own sword to block as the man's blade bounced off the hunter's pitch black armor. The imposing figure spoke."The mere shade of me... IS ENOUGH TO KILL YOU" He grabbed the man's head, his eyes showing nothing but terror, the hateful sword was swung and cleaved his head off in one slice, a thud was heard as the corpse collapsed on the ground, crimson fluid guzzling from the stump. "Please... wh...at.. did we do to you?" The injured soul cried out. The figure looked at him, dropping his former comrade's head, silent at first, the last man cried out once more. "WHY" and he received an answer. "Marks to collect." were the last words he heard as the hunter lunged forward and drove his wrathful blade in the man's head. He removed the blade from the head. He turned around to walk back to the horse, the poor animal at first reared at the sight of the shadow-clad being but calmed when he raised his arms and showed no hostility to the creature, the man climbed up on the saddled horse, he placed his backpack on the rump of the horse and rode the horse into the town ahead. He got off the plain horse and tied it to a post.
Drauzrigh let out a bit of a soft laugh, she had been clearly been caught off gaurd and he found that rather amusing. "It is alright for you to do such things, I do not mind. I would rather like warning before the next time." He smiled at Valarie and thought about what she had said to him a bit more. He once again let out a bit of a chuckle first sir orc and now he was safe this girl had no shortage of new names for him. "So 'safe' eh? Have to admit that's a first for me." He looked down at her next to him what would have made her feel like she needed safety even if it may have been in a drunken stuper? Perhaps someone in the Tavern had made her feel uneasy? "Why did you think you need saftey?" He said before looking back at the forest, careful not to let his gaze linger.
"It is a pleasure to meet you young scott" placing a hand on the young man's shoulder as he adjusted how he was carrying Arcron, in attempt to make it more comfortable for the man. "What did he just do? Did he cast something in his sleep?" Lucas froze, stopped walking as he looked around. His free hand resting on the handle of his axe as he observed the area, seeing no visible signs of danger. "I suggest we pick the pace up Prince and party! I have an uneasy feeling" he called out to the group. Letting go of the axe as he picked the place up, moving faster towards the town and the inn. "Little miss! If you cant keep up let me or young scott know!" He called

-----------

Valarie scrambled to her feet climbing off the orc "Yes sir orc, if it should happen again I will ask first" bowing her head with one arm crossed over her chest. Standing up Valarie brushed her hair from her face. Reaching next to the orc she grabbed her sword and shield, having seen a cart of men get mercilessly dismembered. Pointing her sword at the armor claded figure "why did you kill those men!" Demanding an answer, she had slept in her new armor, like a child she didnt want to take it off. "Answer me demon!" Keeping herself between Drauzrigh and what looked like a demon to her.
Locklaklazarii Locklaklazarii Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

The prince swiveled, walking backward with his hands nonchalantly behind his head still. "As I said, you will hear more of it when we return to the tavern. And of course, had a few drinks!" He smiled at Scott before turning again to look forward, mumming an off-key tune to himself as he went. Natalie steeled herself from a reprimand of his behavior, instead choosing to give the answer herself. "If you do choose to continue after what happened today, you will be tasked in aiding me protecting his highness, along with lending any aid and knowledge you may have to the completion of his mission." She cut off the next coming question. "And no, he will be the one to tell you what it is. But know this. It will be dangerous, and the trials of today are only the beginning." She paused for a moment, stuck again on the loss of life that had happened, before steeling herself. "It is very possible that you will die. But there is no greater honor than dying to protect the royal family, and there will be great rewards for each of you at the end of it all." Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

At hearing Lucas' cry of alarm, the Prince looked questioningly over his shoulder, still not seeming to have a care in the world, before being firmly guided by Natalie's steel grip. She had unsheathed her blade, eyes trying to peel back the shadows of the woods around them, searching for any sign of danger. "What did you see?"

Last edited:
Ellida gave the tall man a tired smile and a nod in response. She could stay awake for a while and was sure she could cast a spell or two. Her face twisted into pure confusion as the man, now known as Lucas, threathened the men in a way that almot made her reach for her weapon. He was protective of his daughter, that was very clear and decided that she too, wouldn't touch her. Arcron's sudden actions surprised the elf and she did her best to check for incoming danger. She then figured he summoned something or someone, which would either be good or bad. Ellida started to pick up the pace, figuring to be awake as long as she didn't stop walking.

"I see." Said Scott as he pondered on the answers, would he partake in this holy quest? He figured he would have answered this internal question when they reach the tavern. He turned around back at everyone when they became alerted and picking up the pace."What's going on?" Increasing his walking speed, sword held by the blade; all this time, he missed his sword and shield.

---------------At the Town----------------
The black armored individual, removed the backpack from the horse and slung it over his shoulder, he turned around only to face a sword pointed at him by what he could assume was a child whose negligent parent allowed herself to be armed and armoured, his orange orbs stared into the sword-toting youth, piercing into her soul, the air became chilly as if willed by the coal black demon of a man. "Money." He proclaimed as he moved past her, like he barely registered her existence even after answering the question. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf

"I see." Said Scott as he pondered on the answers, would he partake in this holy quest? He figured he would have answered this internal question when they reach the tavern. He turned around back at everyone when they became alerted and picking up the pace."What's going on?" Increasing his walking speed, sword held by the blade; all this time, he missed his sword and shield.

---------------At the Town----------------
The black armored individual, removed the backpack from the horse and slung it over his shoulder, he turned around only to face a sword pointed at him by what he could assume was a child whose negligent parent allowed herself to be armed and armoured, his orange orbs stared into the sword-toting youth, piercing into her soul, the air became chilly as if willed by the coal black demon of a man. "Money." He proclaimed as he moved past her, like he barely registered her existence even after answering the question. Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf
Ellida gave the tall man a tired smile and a nod in response. She could stay awake for a while and was sure she could cast a spell or two. Her face twisted into pure confusion as the man, now known as Lucas, threathened the men in a way that almot made her reach for her weapon. He was protective of his daughter, that was very clear and decided that she too, wouldn't touch her. Arcron's sudden actions surprised the elf and she did her best to check for incoming danger. She then figured he summoned something or someone, which would either be good or bad. Ellida started to pick up the pace, figuring to be awake as long as she didn't stop walking.

The prince swiveled, walking backward with his hands nonchalantly behind his head still. "As I said, you will hear more of it when we return to the tavern. And of course, had a few drinks!" He smiled at Scott before turning again to look forward, mumming an off-key tune to himself as he went. Natalie steeled herself from a reprimand of his behavior, instead choosing to give the answer herself. "If you do choose to continue after what happened today, you will be tasked in aiding me protecting his highness, along with lending any aid and knowledge you may have to the completion of his mission." She cut off the next coming question. "And no, he will be the one to tell you what it is. But know this. It will be dangerous, and the trials of today are only the beginning." She paused for a moment, stuck again on the loss of life that had happened, before steeling herself. "It is very possible that you will die. But there is no greater honor than dying to protect the royal family, and there will be great rewards for each of you at the end of it all." Scarlett-Wulf Scarlett-Wulf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

At hearing Lucas' cry of alarm, the Prince looked questioningly over his shoulder, still not seeming to have a care in the world, before being firmly guided by Natalie's steel grip. She had unsheathed her blade, eyes trying to peel back the shadows of the woods around them, searching for any sign of danger. "What did you see?"
"Aye, drink do sound quite good your majesty and most of the young ones here could probably fo with some sleep" laughing as he referred to Ellida and arcron. "Dont take it personally, it was brutal and the corpses of those who fell were quite literally everywhere....." calming down when the group neared the tree line, his gut feeling of something being wrong had begun to leave him "sorry everyone for the false alarm, I had got feeling my daughter was in trouble" blushing a bit as he slowed down to check on Ellida "almost at the inn young miss, then you can sleep as long as you need" he assured with a wink.

Drauzrigh saw valarie get up and act hostile, he half wanted to see what she was made of. He saw the answer given and it had reminded him of someone he had used to know. The bandit in front of him was clearly a man without honor or dignity and it made him grind his tusks. He even ignored the challenge such disregard, as much as he did his own killings. He let out a boar-like grunt when the figure passed by. Then he stood up looming behind Valarie and laid a hand on her shoulder. "Not now." It's all he said before sitting back down letting out a bit of a grunt.

Drauzrigh saw valarie get up and act hostile, he half wanted to see what she was made of. He saw the answer given and it had reminded him of someone he had used to know. The bandit in front of him was clearly a man without honor or dignity and it made him grind his tusks. He even ignored the challenge such disregard, as much as he did his own killings. He let out a boar-like grunt when the figure passed by. Then he stood up looming behind Valarie and laid a hand on her shoulder. "Not now." It's all he said before sitting back down letting out a bit of a grunt.

Valarie dropped her sword, jumping as soon Drauzrigh touched her shoulder. Shakily she turned to face the orc, it was clear that the girl was terrified of the demonic looking man or rather the feeling he gave off. "I-I c-could have died...." she said dropping to her knees next to the sword. She had never been in real combat, not even Drauzrigh seemed scary to her and he was a giant orc. "S-Sir orc, may I sit next to you?" Reaching down, her hands shaking as she put her sword back in its shieth "are someones......are lives worth something so little as money? Do people really do that? Kill others for just money?!?"

Drauzrigh nodded and motioned for Valarie to sit down as he did the same, picking a twig off the ground and twirling it between his teeth. He scowled a bit as he thought through what she was saying to him. His initial reaction was that she was a lot more innocent that he had first perceived, so he had to somehow break the news to her that this 'man' was not the only one who thought that way. He so hated being the person who would have to break her into the real world, he should never be the one to tell anyone how the world actually operates. He mulled over how it was he was going to tell her how the world was, eventually he came to just being blunt, "Many people do, it is a pretty common mindset to have. Most have a less bloody way of displaying such opinion. Others do so in a more manipulative way... Anyhow that was to be your first fight?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back