• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The ECHOCHAMBER (Genesis Bullet OOC)

Hello! I'm really interested in participating so are you still accepting by chance?
I think we are? You'll have to wait for TheLoneRook TheLoneRook or SniperBus SniperBus

Also, I believe you reference nihilism rather than existentialism in your CS. I'm writing a paper on existentialist philosophy, and existentialists are more concerned with living a fulfilling, authentic life.

Slop Slop

Yes we are still accepting, however due to both the nature of the rp as well as a current roster of characters we have I have a few issues with the design of your currrent character.

-This roleplay can only survive with so many pessimistic introverts, of which we already have several. It's an interesting personality type, but the addition of your character would make it the 4th or 5tth one we have I'd have to look again to confirm. It stagnates the pool, and more importantly the pessimistic introvert can create a lot of issues in roleplay considering the character itself isn't very fond of human interaction and yet the entirety of roleplay is interacting with other characters. Don't get me wrong, it can be played well, I've seen it played well, but in our current climate we just have plenty of that sort of personality filled. I'd like to see a bit more character diversity when it comes to personality.
-The mutations immediately strike me as overpowered, considering not only how vaguely his capacity with his plasma is described as well as there being no mention of limitations of any kind. PvP isn't a theme in this roleplay but it does come up, and the last thing I need is a character "plasma-beaming" a final boss down in the blink of an eye, ruining an entire plot device for the rest of the group. I'm going to need either a lot more understanding of just what these mutations make this person capable of, or you'll need to find something else in the way of mutations. Also, the suit is unnecessary, CI technology has suppressed much worse than plasma without need for a full-body suit, not to mention while Harnessers are most definitely half-baked, they typically revive by turning their power up the max, which if your character's biology is as you described would certainly kill him before he ever woke up.

Please be aware I'm not trying to demean you or your writing, I simply have certain expectations I need met (expectations I hold to the entire group), and I'm in charge of making sure everyone is happy and satisfied with what we've got running.

Last edited:
Lexielai Lexielai SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

I appreciate the way you two used poweplay/collab to make your fight scene flow more naturally, but please just make me aware when you use powerplay for that because it technically is against our rules. I saw what you were doing pretty quickly and didn't see any issues with it but in the future please keep me in the loop. Also, nice work, very well done.

Lexie plz show me how to badge, that shit is cool as fuck.

Ace very much surprised Valk had no comment on the giant marble monster soaking up blood on the other side of the room. He must have a one track mind XD

I appreciate the way you two used poweplay/collab to make your fight scene flow more naturally, but please just make me aware when you use powerplay for that because it technically is against our rules. I saw what you were doing pretty quickly and didn't see any issues with it but in the future please keep me in the loop. Also, nice work, very well done.

Ace very much surprised Valk had no comment on the giant marble monster soaking up blood on the other side of the room. He must have a one track mind XD
Just send me any characters you want a badge for with a picture, ID # (putting zeros in front of singles digits for the first letters of first and last name), name, alias, height, hair color, eye color, and classification, and I'll get to work on it. I have a template I use so it goes by pretty quick.

This also applies to anyone else interested! whitepaperplates whitepaperplates zenguardian zenguardian Gunny Gunny SniperBus SniperBus FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Gradous13 Gradous13 LadyMatsudai LadyMatsudai Absurdisan Absurdisan If you send me the information I'll hook you up.

Okidokie, shouldn't be a problem. I don't really expect to be fighting each other very often, so you'll rarely see it.

Well shoot. I knew I was missing something while I was writing, and I could have had the best reaction for that too. I think it was just the rush of getting in a post before I left home, so I hope it wasn't too important that it got slipped over!

I won't say anything if something gets secretly edited in, if you have something good for it please by all means don't keep it to yourself. I just figured it would be interesting to see:D Marble is by far one of my favorite characters.

I won't say anything if something gets secretly edited in, if you have something good for it please by all means don't keep it to yourself. I just figured it would be interesting to see:D Marble is by far one of my favorite characters.

Minor edits made, but I'm not sure how heavily it affected the rest of the post. I've quickly glanced through the entire thing and it makes sense so far. The only big thing I can see this screwing up in my post is the idea that Valk was trying to avoid attention. Now I've shifted it to him grabbing the attention for a little bit, which may contrast with a sentence here or there.

Last edited:
Slop Slop

Yes we are still accepting, however due to both the nature of the rp as well as a current roster of characters we have I have a few issues with the design of your currrent character.

-This roleplay can only survive with so many pessimistic introverts, of which we already have several. It's an interesting personality type, but the addition of your character would make it the 4th or 5tth one we have I'd have to look again to confirm. It stagnates the pool, and more importantly the pessimistic introvert can create a lot of issues in roleplay considering the character itself isn't very fond of human interaction and yet the entirety of roleplay is interacting with other characters. Don't get me wrong, it can be played well, I've seen it played well, but in our current climate we just have plenty of that sort of personality filled. I'd like to see a bit more character diversity when it comes to personality.
-The mutations immediately strike me as overpowered, considering not only how vaguely his capacity with his plasma is described as well as there being no mention of limitations of any kind. PvP isn't a theme in this roleplay but it does come up, and the last thing I need is a character "plasma-beaming" a final boss down in the blink of an eye, ruining an entire plot device for the rest of the group. I'm going to need either a lot more understanding of just what these mutations make this person capable of, or you'll need to find something else in the way of mutations. Also, the suit is unnecessary, CI technology has suppressed much worse than plasma without need for a full-body suit, not to mention while Harnessers are most definitely half-baked, they typically revive by turning their power up the max, which if your character's biology is as you described would certainly kill him before he ever woke up.

Please be aware I'm not trying to demean you or your writing, I simply have certain expectations I need met (expectations I hold to the entire group), and I'm in charge of making sure everyone is happy and satisfied with what we've got running.
Yes, I see where you're coming from -.. When you think about it, you're right - the character is bound to ruin boss fights no matter how much limitations are places on him.. I was thinking of a glass cannon sort of ability but that doesn't seem too fitting for the standards if the RP as you said.. Sorry for making you go through the trouble of writing out such a long paragraph, haha. I'll go make a new one ASAP.

P.S How about making an extrovert with a mental illness? I was thinking of Borderline Personality Disorder.

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn No worries, the semantic details aren't so critical here. Looks much more natural plot movement wise though:)

Slop Slop It would have to be something mild. A government organization centered around efficiency and "bang for buck" value wouldn't really be fond of someone who was nuts to the point of not being able to control themselves. If you can give me an idea of how it'd play into his character I'd be happy to accommodate the concept.

Absurdisan Absurdisan Ring ring? We miss ya :(

Rook. When are you gonna make us do some horrible exercise that'll leave us irrevocably mentally scarred and wanting more, like good old times?

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook So.. I'm in need of some suggestions - would you mind helping me make the decision? I'm thinking either manipulation over visible lightwaves meaning he can either turn the lightwaves around him into bright red blinding light by reducing the frequency or increase it to take advantage of the piercing characteristics of high frequency waves (kinda like shooting purple laser..) The catch is simply put, limitations. He can't use it excessively basically and even the highest possible frequency can only pierce through thin metal. The problem is how impractical ajd almost useless this is...

My second option is weak manipulation over molecular vibrations. This I basically heating up and cooling things including his own body. The catch should be fairly straightforward, he's quite literally damaging his own tissues and body - excessive use may lead to permanent damage. Problem is how generic this is...

Mind helping me out?

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook So.. I'm in need of some suggestions - would you mind helping me make the decision? I'm thinking either manipulation over visible lightwaves meaning he can either turn the lightwaves around him into bright red blinding light by reducing the frequency or increase it to take advantage of the piercing characteristics of high frequency waves (kinda like shooting purple laser..) The catch is simply put, limitations. He can't use it excessively basically and even the highest possible frequency can only pierce through thin metal. The problem is how impractical ajd almost useless this is...

My second option is weak manipulation over molecular vibrations. This I basically heating up and cooling things including his own body. The catch should be fairly straightforward, he's quite literally damaging his own tissues and body - excessive use may lead to permanent damage. Problem is how generic this is...

Mind helping me out?

Hey there, looks like you're having some problems picking powers. I'm not quite sure what Rook thinks of some of these, but I've got a few suggestions for those ideas. I'll just be tossing powers from characters I had in similar RPs at you, so obviously you're free to pick and choose things that you like.

I actually had one character completely based on controlling perceptible light waves, so I have quite a few for this one.
- First is Holograph projection, or I guess you could also call it illusion. I forget how I explained it before, but something about making the target see things that weren't there. If you can pull an explanation out for that one it might work. Think rainbows or something I guess, haha. I'm pretty sure if you make your character a Harnesser you can write it off as something along the lines of "releasing chemicals specifically formulated to reflect light", or even go completely off the light-base and just make the target hallucinate
- Voiding an area of light, perhaps? If you can increase the amount of light someone sees, why not decrease it? Sure it isn't a direct weapon you can use, but making a target blind can have a variety of uses
- Last idea I might have for the light thing is taking advantage of the concept of photosensitivity. Bright flashing lights for a period of time could be an effective weapon, or even as a tool to buy some time

As for molecular manipulation, I've only got vague ideas for what you can do with that.
- Maybe state of matter control? Forgive me if I'm completely wrong on this it's been a real long time since I've even thought about the state of matter. The state (solid, liquid, gas) is determined by how much energy each particle has, right? A slow moving particle is a solid, and the faster it gets it progressively turns to liquid and then gas. What if through physical contact (transfer of Harnesser's chemicals to another object), you coukd change the state of matter something was at? A metal which usually melts at high temperatures could turn liquid at a light touch. But this one could be used in a way that makes it far too overpowered, especially if you attempt to melt people (somehow?). I'm just tossing ideas out here, if you can make a limit that passes Rook's or Sniper's approval then good on ya.
- Last one I have is pretty basic. Density/Mass control. Pretty self explanatory, I assume.

If anything, I hope I'm at least giving you some idea as to how you want to do this. Good luck!

Light manipulation is an interesting concept for some sort of illusionist that I'd be interested to see, vibration manipulation is also very interesting, but the only thing I'm worried about is how someone's physical mutations gave them control over those sorts of things? Here at GenBullet we try to avoid X-men level "mutants" who are capable of things that have nothing to do with their actual physiology, so my only question then is how the character's anatomy would allow them to control those sorts of things? It doesn't have to follow every rule of biology and physics there is, but it has to at least make more sense than "cuz mutant".

I'd try to focus on what you want your character to do from a role perspective, then orient his mutations on how he would best fill that role. Designing powers without purpose can be painful (hello alliteration), so it's always good to keep in mind what you want for that character to accomplish with their abilities. For instance I wanted Dante to be able to control his environment on the battlefield, so I gave him a hazy cloud that only he could see through, using my somewhat simple understanding of anatomy to produce water-vapor pockets in his muscle tissue. Plausible, not necessarily possible, but enough for someone to nod at when it comes to the tale of a mutant.

Light manipulation is an interesting concept for some sort of illusionist that I'd be interested to see, vibration manipulation is also very interesting, but the only thing I'm worried about is how someone's physical mutations gave them control over those sorts of things? Here at GenBullet we try to avoid X-men level "mutants" who are capable of things that have nothing to do with their actual physiology, so my only question then is how the character's anatomy would allow them to control those sorts of things? It doesn't have to follow every rule of biology and physics there is, but it has to at least make more sense than "cuz mutant".

I'd try to focus on what you want your character to do from a role perspective, then orient his mutations on how he would best fill that role. Designing powers without purpose can be painful (hello alliteration), so it's always good to keep in mind what you want for that character to accomplish with their abilities. For instance I wanted Dante to be able to control his environment on the battlefield, so I gave him a hazy cloud that only he could see through, using my somewhat simple understanding of anatomy to produce water-vapor pockets in his muscle tissue. Plausible, not necessarily possible, but enough for someone to nod at when it comes to the tale of a mutant.
Ah, I see, I see.. Alright then - thanks greatly for the help, I'm sticking to electromagnetic frequency manipulation - meaning he can void visible light as well as produce laser (to an extent, of course) and kinda cause cancer accidentally...

I'm thinking more of a support-assault sort of unit if that's fitting for the current roster, blinding and diverting the opponent with freaky lightshows as well as pew pew lasers.

Hey TheLoneRook TheLoneRook , just a random concept question that came to mind. How well would the whole bullet process work on animals, if you've even considered it? I don't plan on doing anything with it, but I'm just curious.

Cause flying pigs.

Hey TheLoneRook TheLoneRook , just a random concept question that came to mind. How well would the whole bullet process work on animals, if you've even considered it? I don't plan on doing anything with it, but I'm just curious.

Cause flying pigs.
Obviously, I wouldn't know but my guess would be that the bullets are specifically designed for human DNA meaning if tested on animals, they would most likely either be horrendously disfigured or simply die. A slight chance that nothing will happen but my bet is on horrendous disfigurement or death.

Sorry, no flying pigs anytime soon.. ;__;

@TheLoneRook Finally! I've just finished my CS - do check it out! If I'm all is fine, might anyone be so kind to summarize very briefly the current situation and lead-up of the RP? Where do I start and all?

Everyone is just chilling and getting familiar with each other's writing style for now. The first plot point has yet to surface, so you're good for now. It might help to try and figure out where everyone is though.

Oh the various gods, I am so sorry! I've been swamped with lots of intense RL stuff at the moment and completely forgot to post something here. I'm out and about with the missus today, so I'll try and get a post up tomorrow.

Sorry all :(

Absurdisan Absurdisan Perfectly fine! I know real life can be hazardous to post schedules but I just wanted to make sure you were all right. Take your time, there is no rush.

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Well there is in fact a specimen of the bullet born from a rhinoceros, but *redacted*

They had to test its effects before they implemented it on random civilians after all.

Slop Slop

Okay, we seem to be having a lapse here. You have not been accepted, FYI.

The entire premise of a harnesser is that they produce some form of excess matter, energy, or chemical. Your character doesn't really do any of those things, he just somehow magically can manipulate the frequency of energy waves with...what? What's happened to his body to allow him to do this. Again, this is a mutant, not an X-man, we need to have some understanding of how he can do these things. All you've given me is that he can miraculously control an entire energy spectrum and his only augmentation to help him manipulate it isn't an augmentation at all it's just a suit to keep him from being hazardous? Do you see where I'm having trouble with this? It seems like you've take a very excessive superpower and just stuck the "mutant" label on top of it.

Absurdisan Absurdisan Perfectly fine! I know real life can be hazardous to post schedules but I just wanted to make sure you were all right. Take your time, there is no rush.

SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Well there is in fact a specimen of the bullet born from a rhinoceros, but *redacted*

They had to test its effects before they implemented it on random civilians after all.

Slop Slop

Okay, we seem to be having a lapse here. You have not been accepted, FYI.

The entire premise of a harnesser is that they produce some form of excess matter, energy, or chemical. Your character doesn't really do any of those things, he just somehow magically can manipulate the frequency of energy waves with...what? What's happened to his body to allow him to do this. Again, this is a mutant, not an X-man, we need to have some understanding of how he can do these things. All you've given me is that he can miraculously control an entire energy spectrum and his only augmentation to help him manipulate it isn't an augmentation at all it's just a suit to keep him from being hazardous? Do you see where I'm having trouble with this? It seems like you've take a very excessive superpower and just stuck the "mutant" label on top of it.
Ah, yes - I forgot to specify, so sorry. The reason why he's able to manipulate the frequencies is because he can suck up and give out energy to the EM waves (as such is the scientific explanation of frequency manipulation). When he's having a radiation leak, it's quite literally him leaking out immense amounts of energy the environment. I'll go work on the suit too. Sorry once again for all the trouble - I rarely partake in controlled and very organized RPs..

EDIT: Alright, I think I got it right.. Maybe.. I don't think so.. Yeah, I'm bound to have fuqed up elsewhere...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back