• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Eastern Threat

Super interested, would like the purple part as my territory.

Attachments

• Europe4.png
    Europe4.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 16
*Work in Progress

Isaelia

View attachment 370018

Population:
22,298,558 citizens.

Economy:

Unlike
the land of many other civilized countries, every acre within Isaelia's borders has long since been tamed and put to work by it's citizens. The Industrial Revolution has brought about for the country widespread prosperity for the masses unimaginable until now, prosperity facilitated and further bolstered by it's paved turnpike road networks, sophisticated bridge designs, modernized and lengthened canal and waterway systems, numerous telegraph lines, and extensive railway infrastructure. All owned and operated by the government which in the past heavily invested into their construction, expansion, and modernization respectively approximately one decade ago to this day. The rates to use these public works may be fair and in most cases reserved exclusively for heavy use or cargo carrying crafts, but they have brought in enough revenue in recent years to render the collection of taxes from individuals and entities by state officials no longer necessary in function, which has subsequently resulted in their complete and utter abolition.

Military:

Isaelians may universally prize their neutrality in international affairs, but that doesn't mean they're blind to the need to protect themselves from others who don't respect the uniform wish of their people for an eternal lasting peace. For this purpose the Isaelian constitution allows for an army of ten thousand professional soldiers to be raised in it's defense in peacetime issued with the best equipment the state can reasonably afford. This allotment has proved sufficient in the past, but is now strained through the passage of time. It is of general renown throughout the world for it's discipline, organization, experience in both armed and unarmed melee combat, and accuracy. Additionally it is of note, while a power only used during emergencies, the state has the authority to call upon a sizable pool of thousands of law enforcement personnel to arms, be they versed in the conduct of warfare or not.

Army:​

Comprised of ten thousand professional soldiers conscripted at birth to serve their country, the Isaelian Army is as a whole the most physically fit, well equipped, and rigorously trained force in existence. Recruits are selected by an adjusted-as-needed chance from the entirety of the male infant population mere minutes after birth if they exhibit no obvious symptoms or deformities that would automatically bar them from service. Made wards of the state, their parents receive checks from the government and are allowed discreet visitation rights from afar so long as their son remains an eligible candidate as a soldier. If found unable to meet the requirements before his fifteenth birthday, when physical conditioning, weapon training, and martial arts tutelage starts, he is either returned to his family, given over to his closest relative, or sent to an orphanage. Those who make it past that point but fail the last stages of their training are imprisoned indefinitely. At the age of twenty, those who remain either take their place as soldiers or are put into the reserves. The standard dress for soldiers is a pair of ivory marching boots, ivory wool trousers, an ivory wool spread-collared shirt, a wind and water resistant ivory cotton sateen cloth jacket, and an ivory garrison cap. To wear over the uniform, each man receives an ivory colored bullet resistant vest consisting of thirty layers of silk readily capable of stopping a few hits from most black powder munitions. For close quarter combat, a stiletto is issued to troops that doubles as a bayonet and general purpose tool. The workhorse of the Isaelian Army is the legendary Malava breech loading rifle; a single shot black powder firearm operated with a crank mounted on the side of the receiver, dramatically improving it's rate of fire over that of it's contemporaries on the battlefield. In the hands of a skilled marksman, the weapon has a capability of accurately delivering eight rounds a minute into human sized targets over an effective range larger than the span of a thousand yards.
Sorry but I have to ask, you do know that your small nation's population is about the size of the Ottoman Empire during that time period? Which would lead to it having immensely large cities and little room for food production.
Also, you shouldn't simply claim that your army is the best in existence at things. That is essentially godmodding, since it blocks others from being a top contender in something they might've wanted to focus on. Just saying that you should maybe rethink how you describe it. Maybe say that it is an exceptionally trained army and definitely has the ability to contend for the top-spot in said areas, instead of simply stating that it is the best.
I don't know, maybe you meant that from your nation's perspective and that it isn't necessarily so...

Sorry but I have to ask, you do know that your small nation's population is about the size of the Ottoman Empire during that time period? Which would lead to it having immensely large cities and little room for food production.
Also, you shouldn't simply claim that your army is the best in existence at things. That is essentially godmodding, since it blocks others from being a top contender in something they might've wanted to focus on. Just saying that you should maybe rethink how you describe it. Maybe say that it is an exceptionally trained army and definitely has the ability to contend for the top-spot in said areas, instead of simply stating that it is the best.
I don't know, maybe you meant that from your nation's perspective and that it isn't necessarily so...
Yeah. I'm aware of that. I think I've already somewhat addressed it in my CS, but I intend to dive into greater detail soon enough.

I stated 'as a whole' as a precondition, understanding that.

Yeah. I'm aware of that. I think I've already somewhat addressed it in my CS, but I intend to dive into greater detail soon enough.

I stated 'as a whole' as a precondition, understanding that.
Alright great! Just making sure!

S Shabazz

Concerning your nation, how are you going to change things up given you based it on the wrong era? And your population to landmass ratio is quite unrealistic, do you mind either changing the numbers or expanding your land further?

Kingdom of Filterra
latest

Government:
Absolute Monarchy; The King has absolute authority of the Kingdom, but he divided the lands into regions and assigned a person to be the Duke of that region. The duke's house has a separate territory within the land and thus does not own the region, but mainly oversees it. The peerage system still exists and a couple citizens are bestowed titles and lands to oversee. Titles, lands, and other things may be revoked with the suggestion of the Region's duke and approval of the Royal Family.

Diplomatic Stance:
The Kingdom values their diplomatic relations with other countries and does its best to keep their relations steady. The Kingdom was grown weary of the nation above them due to it being considered by some nations as the 'Eastern Threat'. The Kingdom does not really want war and would likely stay out of ones that does not affect them; However, if their trade or diplomatic reputation of a country is threatened due to a war or they are called by an ally, they will undoubtedly join so long as the aftermath benefits the nation.

The Military has been doing a couple exercises, training, and activity. More factories are converted for military use as months passes. The Royal Family ensuring that all nobles still swore their fealty to the King. The Capital has begun the establishment of multiple information networks outside the country. The Navy has begun stocking supplies for their ships. Envoys are sent to multiple nations to ensure that trade will still flow and establishment of alliances.

Economic Status:
Booming. The nation is self sufficient and can supply the needs for every citizen. Poverty is at a minimal.

Currency:
Black Crown | 10000 Platinum Crown
Platinum Crown | 1000 Gold Crown
Gold Crown | 1000 Silver Crown
Silver Crown | 1000 Copper Crown
Copper Crown

Capital:
Litus

Population:

Geography
WIP

Regions
WIP

Major Cities
WIP

Colonies:
None

Landmarks:
WIP

Agriculture:
Many farmlands also span across the country. Most of them uses the crop rotation strategy and windmills. Fishes are also abundant due to the nation being encircled by water. The nation is self sufficient when it comes to food, in fact, they often have surplus of them and thus would trade some to other countries.

Military

Units:
250,000 Footmen
25,000 Cavalrymen
58 Battleships

The Filterran military prides itself with its growing naval strength, 1/4 of which are iron clad At peace time the Kingdom has around 270 thousand units, but can muster an additional 800 thousand fully geared units at war time from their reserves.

Technology:
The Kingdom has begun its production of a new rifle musket. Longer than previous production rifles, conforming to the length of prior muskets, which allowed for consistency in standards for firing in ranks and bayonet combat. It has a with a 39-inch (990 mm) barrel and uses the conical Minnie Bullet.

Military equipment are also kept up to date and often undergoes maintenance to ensure that it does not fail them in the field. Most efforts are diverted to the improvements of Infrastructure.

Interventions:
Had a civil war 100 years ago, but was quelled by the previous king. The lands were united and the nation ruled by the King's iron fist.

Had a war with two eastern nation 125 years ago and won, resulted in them conquering their territory. This was the last time the nation expanded its territory.

Probably more...

Infrastructure:
The nation has a recently built railway system. It spans to almost the entire country and is often used for logistics. Ferries are also used when traveling by sea is faster than by land. Major roads and all railways are maintained to ensure that the flow of logistics is uninterrupted. Multiple factories span across the nation producing needed things for the country. Most of the factories may later be converted when at war to mass produce military equipment.

Leader:

King Edward von Viselia

f5c2753ec271c079afc45c17eabfffaf.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back