• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

The Goliath watched the Manticore in grim silence from where he stood ducked in the doorframe. The creature's genuine sorrow was visible even from this distance to him. Guilt wasn't quite the word for what he felt; the beast had every opportunity to flee and instead chose to fight tooth and nail to the death against him and his comrades. It was a valiant death, especially for such a beast, and even more so as it seemed to be telling the truth- it was searching for shelter, even if it was at someone else's expense. Confusion was probably a more apt term for what he felt; something he had long since grown used to feeling since leaving the temple. Grief was an almost entirely foreign emotion to him; the priests of Talos that raised him were hardly known for their cool or loving countenance, and their deaths were usually disregarded as little more than the culling of weak links in a long chain. Slowly, he stepped out, the metal of his armor shifting loudly. It wasn't behaving aggressively currently, but he wasn't letting his guard down. Glancing at May'falla, Zulgur made sure as he stepped to remain in front of her relative to the monster.

His hammer still covered in gore and flecks of fresh blood still on his face, Zulgur hefted the weapon onto his shoulder. The dead manticore's spines still bristled visibly from his back, like so many arrows having pierced his almost stony hide. "It was a good death. He died on his feet." His tone probably carried as much sympathy as he was physically capable of, as he hulking Goliath did his best to appeal to the creature emotionally in the only way he knew how. Still, his jaw remained tightened and his white, pupilless eyes were laden with distrust. "I do not wish to kill you as well, but you cannot hurt the mill or its inhabitant, as your mate tried to do. It is under our protection. Take your mate's body and go from this place, unless you would help us see the dragon's demise."

Ellya Ellya dr xenon dr xenon

Last edited:

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

The Goliath watched the Manticore in grim silence from where he stood ducked in the doorframe. The creature's genuine sorrow was visible even from this distance to him. Guilt wasn't quite the word for what he felt; the beast had every opportunity to flee and instead chose to fight tooth and nail to the death against him and his comrades. It was a valiant death, especially for such a beast, and even more so as it seemed to be telling the truth- it was searching for shelter, even if it was at someone else's expense. Confusion was probably a more apt term for what he felt; something he had long since grown used to feeling since leaving the temple. Grief was an almost entirely foreign emotion to him; the priests of Talos that raised him were hardly known for their cool or loving countenance, and their deaths were usually disregarded as little more than the culling of weak links in a long chain. Slowly, he stepped out, the metal of his armor shifting loudly. It wasn't behaving aggressively currently, but he wasn't letting his guard down. Glancing at May'falla, Zulgur made sure as he stepped to remain in front of her relative to the monster.

His hammer still covered in gore and flecks of fresh blood still on his face, Zulgur hefted the weapon onto his shoulder. The dead manticore's spines still bristled visibly from his back, like so many arrows having pierced his almost stony hide. "It was a good death. He died on his feet." His tone probably carried as much sympathy as he was physically capable of, as he hulking Goliath did his best to appeal to the creature emotionally in the only way he knew how. Still, his jaw remained tightened and his white, pupilless eyes were laden with distrust. "I do not wish to kill you as well, but you cannot hurt the mill or its inhabitant, as your mate tried to do. It is under our protection. Take your mate's body and go from this place, unless you would help us see the dragon's demise."

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 dr xenon dr xenon

The manticore immediately got up and turned, lowering itself and hissing. The hairs of its mane raised up and the tail tensed up as well, curling up like scorpion's. It stood still, defensively in front of its mate's body. When Zulgur identified himself as the killer of the creature, the female Manticore snarled.

"You ask mercy after slaying my companion so ruthlessly?" it growled. "Would you show me mercy after I've devoured the head of that tiny morself of meat behind you?" Its breaths were heavy and its voice carried a sinister, but smooth and confident undertone. "I should spill all of your blood and take this shelter for myself!"

It growled and its muscles tensed up, its wings spreading widely as if it was about to leap. Its paw dug into the ground and flung some dirt away behind her. It looked back and forth between the mountains in the south and the windmill in front. "I will not go back... Going back will be my death... So step aside, morsels, and let me claim my shelter..."

STR: 9 (-1)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 15 (+2)
INT: 20 (+5)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 10 (+0)
HP: (50) 36
"Now let's just wait half-a-moment, shall we?" May'Falla says with a placating gesture. "I fink we all want the White Dragon gone, now don't we? Did the wyrm drive you out of your den? Cos if you're trying to get it back, I'm sure we've no use of the place after the icey little bastard's gone, roight? Seems as you may know where we can find this beast when we're ready to take him on, maybe? That'd be good for us to know - so maybe we can come to some kinda deal, yeh? You tell us where ta find him, and you get your old place back. No need for more killing today."

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

When the beast somewhat unsurprisingly became aggressive, Zulgur's grip around his hammer tightened, especially at the threat towards his companion. "You misunderstand. I am not asking you for mercy, beast. I am offering you mercy." The Goliath raised his shield towards the creature, the three lightning bolts of Talos emblazoned across its front. "If you will not leave, I will slay you, as we slayed him. Do not be a fool; The dragon flew towards Phandalin. Simply fly in another direction until you are beyond its domain." He took a half step forward, shield still presented. "You go no further, monster. Turn back." May'falla's attempt to broker some sort of peace briefly gave him pause, halting his advance. Still, he never tore his eyes away from the monster. The white orbs almost seemed to dare it to try something while they were talking.

Last edited:

"So what do you say, aye?" May'falla prompts the female Manticore.

The beast snarled once again. Spit dribbled from its wide jaw is it bared sharp teeth and kept low to the ground, ready to pounce. "We did fly away, fool... We flew here for safety, and you slew my mate..."

The creature's eyes darted back and forth between May'falla and Zulgur, as wary of any movement as the Goliath seemed to be himself. A short silence fell, until a low growl emitted from deep within the Manticore's throat. "The scourge resides high in the mountains... It has made its lair within the ruined Orc fortress." As the Manticore spoke, it slowly moved toward the pair. No sudden or aggressive movements, but it approached.

"I hope you will come to see just how vicious the beast is... And that there is no escape..." Its large form stood still just two feet away from Zulgur, staring into the Goliath's eyes for a while as its tail slowly moved in the air. After few more seconds of silence, the Manticore turned around slowly. "May he show you the same wrath you showed my mate..."

It jumped up into the air and with a few strong flaps of its dragon-like wings, it fled.

dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

As it got closer, Zulgur's muscles tensed visibly. The hammer remained firmly resting on his shoulders, but he was ready to crush the thing's skull at any given moment. Still, he didn't flinch as it got to be within a couple feet of him. His eyes glared at it, full of murder and distrust. He noted what the creature said about where the thing was, even if it was likely giving them this information so they could head there and be made into dragon food. That was good news, in a sense; it would likely be easier to find an abandoned Orc fortress than some cave in the side of the mountain. The beast had outlived its usefulness and was continuing to increasingly irk the Goliath Cleric. He recalled the voices of the priests that raised him, practically hearing them urge him to act on the rising anger he felt swelling in his chest. As it turned away, his shoulder tensed, the hammer raising slightly. With its back turned, it would be that much easier to just strike a killing blow, sending it to whatever afterlife its lover was currently rotting in.

As he readied himself to swing, his eyes settled on May'falla standing next to him. The elf would likely disapprove of such an act of wanton murder... and that's what it was, wasn't it? The realization slowly dawned over him. Monster or not, it was clearly a sentient creature, and killing it now would be murder. Ruthless, unnecessary, cruel murder. By the time he looked back to the Manticore, it was disappearing into the distance. White eyes watched it until it vanished from view. Slowly, he stowed his shield and rested the hammer's head in the dirt. Looking at the elf again, an almost tired look crossed his face, leaning on the haft of his hammer. "... Gnomengarde, then." With that, he started walking in the direction they were given.

He looked back at May'falla as he walked. "Tell me about your forest while we walk. I do not know much of it, only what I have been told, and that your people are from there."

dr xenon dr xenon Ellya Ellya

Last edited:

"Huh?" May-falla grunted, snapping out of a bit of a reverie as she stared at the Manticore's flight with rapt attention.

I'm never going to get to sketch anything at this rate! she thought to herself.

"The High Forest?" She asked as she sped up to catch and match Zulgur's pace. "It's a sea of trees, is what is it is. So many trees - drove my sister mad - she can't stand the sight of trees. Left to become a sailor. No trees in the ocean, she always said. Bit of a heap of mountains in the middle, of the High Forest, that is. Mountains in the ocean are islands I suppose. But that's not where I'm from - the mountains. We're in the north east part of the High Forest. Deep in the midst, you might say. You look at a map of the Swordcoast and we're between the haitches in 'High' as we say. Loads of High Elves in the High Forest, too, but not where we are."

She eyes the Goliath for a moment.

"What've you heard about the High Forest, then?"

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

1.3 - Gnomengarde

After arriving in Phandalin, the party met with a few of its inhabitants. Townmaster Harbin Wester notified them of three quests on the noticeboard. You all left for the first - go to Umbrage Hill to find the local midwife Adabra and bring her back safely to Phandalin.

You found a Manticore trying to break into the windmill and promptly slew it, after which Adabra rewarded you with two healing potions (one of which was used to heal the gravely wounded May'falla) and said she'd be safer and of more use in her mill. Mostly because you saw the large white dragon Cryovain soaring through the sky toward Phandalin.

Accepting her wish, you made your way to Gnomengarde next, the second quest, but were stopped in your tracks by yet another Manticore. This turned out to be the first Manticore's mate, and avoiding conflict, you managed to convince her to tell you the location of the dragon - a ruined Orc Fortress in Icespire Peak

You all level up!
You may now use the abilities and spells you get at level 2.

Chapter I - Part 3
GNOMENGARDE AWAITS

You look back and see Adabra standing in the window on the second floor of the mill. She gives a wave to the party as the Manticore flies away in the distance, leaving the corpse of its recently perished mate behind. Following the map you were given, you make your way down-right into the Sword Mountains. The large grassy hills slowly and gradually transform into taller ones, more rocky and steep. You find a vague path leading between tall hills, which you follow for a few hours...

The stream leads you to a pool fed by a waterfall that tumbles down the mountainside. You follow it uphill to the base of the mountain, where waterfall erosion has carved out a natural concavity. The roaring waterfull creates a cloud of mist as it plunges into a shallow pool of water, within which rise two small islands covered with two-foot tall, green and purple mushrooms. Several cave openings overlook the pool from rocky ledges twenty to thirty feet above. The mountain blocks any sunlight from reaching this place.

(You all come from here)
v

SYFoKkx.png

(( I am perfectly fine with you all just describing the rooms you would like to explore using the codes on the map, ain't gotta waste time here :^) ))

Taking out the notice, you look over it again to remind yourself of your task here. This place should be inhabited by a clan of reclusive rock gnomes that are known for their magical inventions. They might have something with which to defeat the dragon. If you bring back something useful that you would not want to keep for yourself, the Townmaster of Phandalin will pay you 50 gold for it.

TLDR Party made it out of Umbrage Hill, leaving Adabra in her windmill.
One manticore was killed, its mate showed up but conflict was avoided.
You arrive at Gnomengarde, a series of tunnels in a large cave carved out by waterfall erosion.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 dr xenon dr xenon DapperDogman DapperDogman QizPizza QizPizza Celestial Speck Celestial Speck Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Faynorae Faynorae

Viscount Jean-Paul Pierre of Stellata
Link to CS
Ellya Ellya

After the encounter with the first manticore, imagine Jean-Paul Pierre’s surprise when a second one appeared right at the mill’s doorstep! Thank the heavens that this beast was able to understand Reason. More bloodshed was never the answer… though the viscount would admit that there was some primal and barbaric sliver within him that wishes to indulge in the act of senseless violence. A preposterous notion for a nobleman such as Jean-Paul Pierre! The only violence he would ever take part in would be for self-defense and self-preservation.

It was no wonder that the viscount was relieved that the manticore flew away, leaving only the information that the dragon resided within a ruined orc fortress in the mountains. That freed them to proceed with their mission to head to Gnomengarde to find whatever terrible weapon these gnomes have invented to defeat the flying monstrosity that was the dragon. Jean-Paul still had reservations against leaving Phanadlin to its fate with the dragon, but the best chance the town had was the invention the gnomes had.

The journey took hours of exhausting trekking, but eventually, they arrived at a waterfall that marked where Gnomengarde laid. The only obvious entrances were caves carved into the stone walls to either side of the waterfall, towering high above the ground. After looking around for a moment, Jean-Paul Pierre called out to the residents of this rock gnome town, Bonjour, fine residents of Gnomengarde! We ‘ave come seeking a weapon to slay ze dragonne! Would you be a’ kind a’ to let us in? Quickly, if I may add! We are short on time!”

STATS
(Parentheses for Argent Cavalier's Stats)
HP: 50/50
STR: 8 (8)
DEX: 10 (20)
CON: 10 (10)
INT: 16 (8)
WIS: 16 (8)
CHA: 12 (8)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase
: DEX/WIS
Advantage: CHA

Irene "Hikolionem" Von Lumiere

STR: 14(+2)
DEX: 20(+5)
CON: 11(+0)
INT: 10(+0)
WIS: 8(-1)
CHA: 17(+3)​

Standing near the entrance of the cave stands a girl with sickeningly-bright pink hair talking with a rock gnome.​

Irene's next place to go to was Phandalin, as it was the most nearby place. Her goal to make her first appearance there and learning about the culture along the way was somewhat of an easy task, or well, she thought it would be. The place was just being rebuilt from the ground up, right? So why not let the people have some fun, and make a wonderful and inspiring performance while she makes her way there! But before that, Irene had heard of Gnomengarde, a place known for their inventive magical trinkets... Or so she heard that is. The thought that they may have or be able to create an item that could make her performances evermore brighter just filled her with exultance. And that was the reason she was here. While talking to a gnome standing by the entrance.

"So you're saying that-" As Irene is softly cut off by someone with a funny accent. Just slightly annoying, but okay. Irene turned around to look over to the strange voice. Turning her eyes to look over to a man with dark hair and fancy-schmancy clothing. Well, whatever you may think of as fancy-schmancy if you're literally wearing a dress bedazzled with jewels. Irene smiles gleefully at the person in front of her.

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

Zulgur didn't look at May'falla while she spoke, but he did listen closely. Even in his travels, mostly due to his own efforts to avoid them, he had yet to encounter anywhere like that since leaving the frigid North. He wasn't sure how the image made him feel, but one could almost describe it as anxiety. It was so foreign to him, densely populated with trees and strangers. How could one possibly sleep, knowing that others lurked around every corner? It certainly sounded better than one of the large cities he had avoided, if only for the fact that it wasn't actively hemmed in by walls. It was a wonder to him those places existed at all, rather than imploding from conflict. Her question drew him from his thoughts almost with a start. "I have heard almost nothing. Just that it was a forest, and that elves are from there."

Shifting his weight, he continued on in silence for a little while, reaching over his back to remove the Manticore's spines as best he could, though some were certainly beyond his reach. With his thoughts returned to him, that focus came as well; they had a mission to complete. The prospect of killing (or possibly dying to) an enormous white dragon, strangely enough, instilled less fear in him than the prospect of going to a city like Waterdeep or Neverwinter. Regardless, hopefully these gnomes would have something to help them in their quest.

Their arrival was largely unhailed, as no one was immediately noticeable, before the otherwise silent nobleman broke his silence to call to the cave and announce their arrival. Zulgur's eyes shifted to the man briefly. It seemed he had followed, after all. A twinge of begrudging respect now accompanied the distrustful resentment his gaze carried. Whatever his motives, it took a certain amount of mettle (or foolishness) to face such a beast willingly. Especially, from Zulgur's perspective, for someone so seemingly weak and small. Hopefully, were he to perish as the Goliath believed likely, it would be a noble death.

Even so, Zulgur had little interest in wasting time being greeted by the gnomes. He simply continued forward, calling out as he walked, "Yes. We are here to see if you have any tools to slay the dragon." Hammer, resting on his shoulder, his heavy, stomping footsteps belied a certain caution; one would think such a place would be bustling with life, and its silence was telling. Perhaps they were simply hiding from the dragon, but the Goliath would not be caught unawares, were this some sort of ambush. When his gaze finally found someone, it wasn't a rock gnome, though one was standing next to her. No, for a second, Zulgur wasn't entirely sure what it was. He hesitated, lip curling back in confusion.

The slate-grey Goliath, white eyed with black markings across his skin, whose dark palate was only matched by his gloomy personality had quite literally never seen a creature this colorful in his entire life. Why was it covered in jewels? It took him a few moments, so distracted by Irene's color, to recognize that she was at least apparently human, as far as a visual inspection could reveal. Slowly, he lowered his hammer to his side. "... You are not a rock gnome. Why are you here? There is a dragon about. You should be hiding." A certain distrust entered his voice. Now that the initial shock of her appearance had worn off, he was back to where he always was. She was a stranger, and therefore not to be trusted at best. At worst, she was a threat, though at more than two feet shorter than him and a fraction his size, maybe that was a bit of a reach.

dr xenon dr xenon Ellya Ellya QizPizza QizPizza Faynorae Faynorae

Last edited:
"Listen close now child, because I will not repeat it again! WE. CAN. NOT. HELP YOU!"

A rock gnome stood higher up on in one of the cave entrances (the one leading to G3 and G7), yelling down at Irene. It was about two feet shorter than the girl but, standing 30 feet above her, seemed to think pretty highly of himself. Its arms crossed, it wore plain beige-and-brown clothes, kept its grey hair very short on its flat head, but had a long grey beard despite seeming quite young. It also wore a white apron stained with dirt and various red splotches on the chest region. It seemed to be yelling not only out of frustration, but also just to have its voice carry over the sounds of the rushing waterfall.

derek-poole-gnome-final-3.jpg

"Ah, good, are you the girl's parents? Please take her away from here, we-" He stopped himself though, taking his pipe between his fingers and leaning in a bit closer. "Did you say dragon? Hah! Why would a dragon take interest in us when there's large meaty meals like your friend there prancing about? Now go on, off with you all, we've business to worry about!"

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 dr xenon dr xenon QizPizza QizPizza Faynorae Faynorae

Her eyes played up and down the scene as she took in the female with the bright pink hair, the entrances to the subterranean world of the Gnomes, and even the Gnome himself. When asked if they were the unknown young female's parents she couldn't help herself. May'falla broke out laughing.

"Ho! Sorry, Master Gnome," she said as her laughter subsided, "I was just trying to - *snicker* - fink of which one - "giggle giggle" - would be the - *snicker* - wif me that is as the - *chortle* Ah - me! Nevah-mind that, then. We're from Phandalin - come to warn you of the White Dragon what is terrorizing the area! Seen it winging it for Phandalin earlier today, as a matter of fact, we did. Folks up there sent us looking for you lot in case you had somefin could help fight the brute. So - do yah?"

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 , QizPizza QizPizza , Faynorae Faynorae

"Bloody karbunkli-- Are you laughing at me?!" The gnome called out, stomping it s foot on the ground and lowering its arms, clenching his pipe in a firm fist.

A grumpy scowl persisted on his face as he listened to the rest of May'falla's explanation, until he finally waved his hand in a dismissive gesture. "Bah... More Phandalin folk come to try and get our hard earned work from us for cheap..." he grumbled under his breath, lighting his pipe again. "Oh we've seen the dragon, lassy! But what's it going to do to us? Beast seems a bit bloody fat to fit in these tunnels. Not the most perceptive type, are you?"

He exhaled a puff of smoke and leaned back against the wall beside the tunnel entrance, arms crossed again. "Besides, couldn't even help you if I wanted to! The kings deal with folk like you, and they're quite indisposed!" After that, he shook his head, took one more puff and exhaled before turning around and seeming to make his way into the tunnel.

dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Faynorae Faynorae QizPizza QizPizza

Irene looked up at the tall "person" that was talking to her, the gloomy demeanour of this person was somewhat unnerving to her. As she was almost about to speak, the gnome that she was talking suddenly interrupted with a zany assumption. Though unlike like the Elf, she only giggled a bit. But then, Irene finally went back on these people's words and took in what they said. Just a bit stunned that they were here for equipment to fight a dragon. These people must be pretty powerful if they can take on a dragon, Irene thought to herself. But anywho, it was time that she introduced herself. Irene takes out her "wand" and holds it near her mouth.​

"Testing... Testing..." Irene's voice echos throughout the area. Irene puts on a smile and begins a short introduction. "Hello, ladies, gentlemen, elves, and gnomes! My name is Irene and it is a wonder to meet all of you! I'm a singer and musician, travelling from place to place to bring inspiration to all of the towns and cities with my songs! The reason I am travelling to Phandalin is to have my first concert here! But... you were talking about a dragon, so maybe it wouldn't be such a great idea.. bah, whatever!" Irene finally stops babbling, as the echoing stops as well. Irene looks over to her "audience" waiting for any replies.

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

Zulgur watched the gnome up top get frustrated, mistaking May'falla's good-natured laughter at Irene for jeering at him. The corners of his lips upturned ever so slightly in the briefest smile. It was all rather absurd, when he thought about it. His experience with the smaller races was generally limited to begin with, it was always somewhat surprising to see someone less than half your size just walking around. The men at the temple had largely been human, though there were some half-orcs mingled in as well. The first time he saw a Halfling, and still sometimes since, Zulgur had the bad habit of mistaking them for children. Still, something the gnome said stuck with him... that it couldn't get to them, just because they were in a smaller cave. Wracking his brain for what little knowledge he had on white dragons, mostly taken from what he had learned of Goliath culture.

Shouting up towards the gnome, loud enough to be heard, but not so loud as to carry beyond the waterfall, "Gnome! You think you are safe because you live in your cave? White dragons also live in caves. If it wants to make a meal of you, it will find its way in." Crossing his arms, Zulgur stared up after the man. He couldn't see the cave's entrance very well to know if the dragon would properly fit, but having seen it he doubted a small entrance would keep the beast from its food if it truly desired to get at the gnomes. He cared very little what became of the gnomes themselves, but that didn't mean he didn't require their help. "It's in your best interest to let us in, so that we may find tools to help us slay the dragon and prevent that eventuality." It was around then that the colorful woman began to speak, her voice supernaturally echoing throughout the area. Zulgur immediately tensed, his head turning on a swivel towards her. She was being too loud. If the dragon was nearby, even over the beating of the waterfall, she could lure it to them. "Human!" His lip curled back in a snarl. "Lower your voice! If the dragon hears, you'll make a meal of us all!"

Taking a deep breath, he continued. "Last we saw, the dragon was headed for Phandalin. We are not optimistic that much of the town remains. Unless you wish to see the dragon dead, I would recommend leaving this region before you join the people of the village in the Fugue."

Ellya Ellya Faynorae Faynorae dr xenon dr xenon QizPizza QizPizza

Last edited:

Irene was slightly startled when the tall person told her off, though, she was mostly annoyed that this person had scolded her, as she held down her wand. Irene pouted, thinking to herself at why she was still being scolded at 78 years of age. Irene wanted to get back at this, but not only that, they were doing a job to protect the townspeople from a dragon and yet they don't care about the safety of the townspeople? Irene started getting annoyed by these people. Irene was persistent in making a debutante in Phandalin, but now that she has heard of a dragon, she had some new goals.

"Ahem, first of all! I may not look like I can defend myself, but I am perfectly capable of doing so! And plus, the echoing around us can only reach in a 60-foot radius. So as if the dragon would hear me all the way from Phandalin!" Irene stops herself, before continuing with a more bragging demeanour, "And lastly If you thought that was loud, you are not in the slightest prepared for my crescendos, Mr Long-legs." Irene retained herself from spilling out like a baby, but now that that giant of a person had said that, Irene suddenly became worried about the town of Phandalin. Not because she was due to perform there, but more for the wellbeing of the townsfolk. Irene began to softly mumble to herself, as she suddenly started loudly shouting to herself as she ruined her own act.

" Uwaaugh! It was not supposed to go like! It's all ruined! I'm being scolded, and I didn't even mean to do anything wrong!! I didn't know about a dragon! I didn't even know this at all!! If I knew there was a dragon, I wouldn't be here! Now I know people are in danger! I can't just let that slide, why did I have to be here! So annoying, what a nuisance! I just wanted to see some happy smiles, is that something hard to ask for!? I don't have enough money to get out of here, and even I did, I'll have to live with the guilt of being worthless since I'm perfectly able to help! uwahH!! How did I even make it this far!?! "​

Sparing Irene a glance, and then a double-take at her reaction to Zulgur's adminshment, May'falla refocuses on the retreating Gnome.

"Oy! Master Gnome!" she calls after him, moving in his direction, "If it's the Kings we need to speak to then that's who want to talk to. You must be pretty important if they send you out to deal with folks on their behalf, aye? And seems like we should escort this young lady away from your - ahem - qui-et little neck of the wood as a small service to you."

Faynorae Faynorae , BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 , QizPizza QizPizza

OOC:
Perception 5+1 = 6

Attempt at Pursuasion (not my strong suit) = 18 + 0 (not -1 as I thought) = 18

Where most conversation within the area was already slightly louder than usual over the rushing sound of the waterfall, Irene suddenly used a certain type of magic to amplify her voice almost three times as loud. The gnome who had started to make his way into the tunnel and was ignoring the Goliath completely, quickly turned and waddled back to the elevated portion of the cave entrance. He was cleaning his pipe on his red-stained apron by now.

"What the blazes are you screaming like that for, girl?" He stomped a foot onto the rocky ground, then noticed the wand in her hand and exhaled through his nose with the slightest hint of a grin. "Oh. Magical, eh? Eheheh..." The otherwise grumpy gnome just softly chuckled.

He then turned to the elf. Upon being called Master Gnome, he straightened his back a bit and crossed his arms, nose lifting slightly into the air with a grin. "See now, that's much better.... I may just think about forgiving you for so rudely laughing at me earlier! I wasn't sent out here though, I was just enjoying a smoke break when this girl showed up asking for magical trinkets! Bahh..." He grumbled a bit, looking back into the hallway behind him. "Fine, fine... Come join us in the kitchen and speak to Tervaround..." With a soft sigh, he gave the group one more glance before idly shaking his head as he turned around and walked back into the hallway, yelling. "Right in here and to the left, past the dining room!"

Looking over the elevation, it didn't seem too difficult to climb up. The one that the gnome was standing on even seemed to have a pretty clear beaten path that led up along the side, allowing anyone to go upwars without too much of a problem. Climbing up to any of the other entrances would in fact require at least some athleticism though.

BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2 Faynorae Faynorae dr xenon dr xenon

Last edited:

Zulgur Storm-Herald
HP 42/50
STR 20
DEX 8
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 16
CHA 12

Zulgur's expression shifted from anger to open discomfort at the girl's response as he shifted backwards. The behavior reminded him of an upset child, and she seemed very young; was he picking on a literal child? She'd gone from indignant at being chastised to practically shouting at herself in frustration in mere moments. Put simply, the cleric wasn't sure how to react. He'd already played the one card he had that didn't involve outright violence, which was obviously unacceptable here. Physically, he shifted onto the back-foot away from her, his brow furrowing in confusion. What had he said that had set her off like this? In the end, he responded to the only thing he knew he could. "My legs are not long. Yours are short." His frown deepened.

In positive news, the gnome up top seemed to have been swayed by May'falla's comparative nicety. A good excuse to get away from what was happening here. Looking down at the girl, he simply shifted his weight uncomfortably yet again. "If you are as strong as you say, you may accompany us if you wish. Phandalin is more than likely gone, and we will avenge it." Stepping past her, Zulgur climbed up the easier route. He was confident he could get up regardless, but there was no reason to not save energy and take the path of least resistance. He didn't really waste much time there, either; he was told to head to the kitchen, and so head to the kitchen he did.​

Starting after the Goliath up the path May'falla took a moment to recall her familiar.
With a flapping of black wings the raven descends from behind her to land on her shoulder.

bur-rrrrr-ruk it croaked into her ear keeping one tiny, beady black eye trained on Irene.

"Shush now!' May'falla chided it. "Mind your manners you. You'll be inside a proper dwelling soon and I expect good behavior. Don't embarrass me in front of Tervaround and his Gnomes."

Climbing up the stairs behind Zulgur she looks for the passage to the left that will lead past the dining room.

As the gnome asks everyone to join them into the dining and as Mr, long legs said that Irene could accompany them, she now realizes how embarrassing her little tantrum was. For a grown woman like her to throw a tantrum like a frustrated child who cannot get what they want, Is a big embarrassment for her age. Irene wipes her eyes and ascends the stairs following behind the elvish person. Irene's own annoyance just became her own loathing which then turned into a tantrum to mere seconds.

Just thinking about it made Irene just wish she could've had a cold stone face all the time like some of the people from Luxthreah. Unlike many people from Luxthreah, Irene was not thought to keep her composure and only learned the ability to act in front of people's expectations. Other than that, if Irene could die of embarrassment she would die right now.

Viscount Jean-Paul Pierre of Stellata
Link to CS
Ellya Ellya Faynorae Faynorae dr xenon dr xenon BarrenThin2 BarrenThin2

Jean-Paul Pierre and the entire world would’ve expected a rock gnome to respond when they were at the threshold of a secluded rock gnome town. To his surprise, the person that they saw first was a young girl with painfully pink hair and an equally excruciating pink outfit. The nobleman had to shut his eyes to avoid looking at the gaudy apparel before managing the strength to look at the girl head-on. As he did, Zulgar asked the question that Jean-Paul was wondering himself: just where did this girl come from?

The viscount soon got past the terrible outfit dominating his vision and was able to see the rock gnome standing above them shouting at the girl, wondering if the group were the girl’s parents… and rejecting Jean-Paul’s request for any assistance against the dragon. This would certainly be more difficult than anticipated. The gnome hadn’t even the decency to invite them in for this discussion! His unpleasant behavior only continued as May’falla attempted to reason with him. That was to be expected, seeing how the elf was laughing in between each breath. Manners were clearly lacking this far away from the cities.

Continuing the trend of a lack of manners, the girl pulled out a wand colored in the same palette as the rest of her apparel and cast some sort of spell that amplified it enough to fill the area. According to her word, Irene was a singer with a debut concert in Phandalin. Jean-Paul could scarcely believe it! What sort of singer with any self-respect begins their career in a backwater town such as Phandalin? One could only imagine self-proclaimed bards performing folk songs and crude, self-written compositions wandering places like this. They could not hold a candle to the prima donnas of the Empire’s famed operas!

Luckily, May’falla was able to reverse the course of the conversation and used some flattery to attempt to put the group in the gnome’s good graces. As it turns out, this gnome was particularly vulnerable to words that puffed him up. This smoking gnome invited them in through the kitchen to meet the king of the gnomes, and Jean-Paul could only be grateful. He wasn’t even frustrated that they had to climb a rather steep path to enter.

The nobleman huffed up the path, and when he reached the top, he made sure to brush off the dust from his clothes and smooth out any wrinkles as best as he could. He was about to present himself to the king, he could not afford any wrinkles or dust on his already meager clothing! The young viscount followed the gnome’s instructions and passed the dining room filled with tiny furniture sized for children...or gnomes. He eventually made it to the kitchen, a room filled with several gnomes preparing various unknown dishes, when a question came to mind. Why were they heading to the question if they had to speak to the king? What sort of self-respecting king would spend his time in the areas relegated to the servant? Jean-Paul chose to pose this question… though in less offensive terms, Excusez-moi, Monsieur Gnome, I must ask why we are we in ze kitchen? Should we not head to ze throne room to meet ze king?”

STATS
(Parentheses for Argent Cavalier's Stats)
STR: 8 (8)
DEX: 10 (20)
CON: 10 (10)
INT: 16 (8)
WIS: 16 (8)
CHA: 12 (8)

PERK CHOICES
Ability increase
: DEX/WIS
Advantage: CHA

Users who are viewing this thread