Magic Eight Ball
You also got to delete the "rich bb code" bits at the top and bottom.
Oh? Hmm well that changes things. I was under the impression we were given permission to post there.The character thread says not to post them there until they are approved. either through OOC or PM
I am behind on RP stuff, so I'm recruiting volunteers to help me write down and organize setting info.
Here's what I need:
- Pictures - we're going to start in the semi-ruined capital city of the dragons, which I still need a name for. If you like browsing Pinterest and Imgur, this is your time to shine. I need...
- Abandoned villages
- Castle or fortress ruins
- General fantasy scenery
- For no particular reason at all, knights slaying dragons
- See how in the Lore thread I made up the "Glassy Hills"? We're going to make a couple of places like that.
- I'm currently working on a map of the starting area using this cool random generator I found. This URL goes to the exact map I made. We're going to replace a lot of those district names with something cooler, and I'm taking suggestions, which brings me to my next point.
- Language: For reasons completely unrelated to my lack of energy and my Catholic upbringing, I've decided that the language of the mainline dragons (aka the Red Dragon Queen and her immediate clan) will be Latin or Latin-adjacent.
- Following my harebrained logic, I believe that the various mythical races will probably have names that reflect the language of the part of the world they're from, for example, Fae names are probably Celtic-sounding.
- If you already named your character, don't sweat it, just own it.
- Magic info: I don't have a magic system. I do not plan on having a universal magic system. What I do plan on, is having different cultures in the realm of Dragonia to have different kinds of magic, sort of like how people have different art styles and argue over which one is the better art form. I also have this Functional Magic page from TvTropes, and I think Ritual Magic describes the contracts pretty well, don't you? Anyways, I need some volunteers to start babbling about magic. We're gonna throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.
- Actual Lore:
- Like, history and shit. I need to make a timeline at some point, like how a thousand years ago the contract was made. I guess we can organize it into Before Contract and After Contract?
- An Outline:
- Organizing info sucks, does anyone have examples of well-organized lore?