• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One The Dragon and the Druid

She sat up in her cage. "My grandmother was a wise Shaman. Though clearly she was deceived if she taught your kind were wise keepers of wisdom and to be respected." She looked to the side proudly. "But maybe that's just your failings. You hardly live up to the stories of the great winged creatures that shared secrets with the most ancient of spirits." she said offhandedly. The woman looked back at him. "So how did you find me anyways?" she said wanting to know.

Orion snorted. "Your grandmother was a sorry sack of flesh, just like you, just like all of you". He rolled his eyes, but as the woman insulted him, he narrowed his eyes. "You know not who you speak to. I am ORION! The last of my clan, the Starfall dragons! he roared, the cage swayed back and forth as he growled lowly at the woman. "My kind has spoken to the Ancient Ones, spirits who's power is far beyond anything you...or I could comprehend". He hissed.
"I am the end of a proud era, and you, your are a drop of water, in an endless ocean of human FILTH!" He snapped, and climbed down off the wall he'd been clinging too.

Shaking his head, he attempted to settle himself by counting his hoard. "How did I find you...? it's not as if you were hiding little mouse. You set up camp outside my front door". he scoffed.

Duzzel waited till the cage stopped swaying to reply. The outrage that the dragon had shown almost made her second think her constant back talking. Hearing his reply however caused her to roll her eyes. "Not that time. The second time, when I was about to scale the cliff side." she said and leaned over towards the edge of the cage to see him better. "I was sure you were gone. You were no where to be seen and the next thing I knew I was in your talons." She scoffed. "Though I guess I really should have second thought about making camp in a forest void of animals that even the metal heads wouldn't follow me into. Stupid metal heads." she muttered the last part.

Orion blinked. "Oh, that. I turned to mist, its a tick that the Starfall dragons used to surprise their prey". he chuckled, and his body de-materialized once again. Floating up and around the cave, his voice resonated from everywhere, and nowhere. "Like this, we are able to see far and wide, and go completely undetected, unless one has magic senses".
The particles floated back downward, and his form turned solid again, but this time, he was in his human form. "It made it easy to find you after you burrowed away. Though I have to admit, that was a clever trick, mouse".

Duzzel watched the display with fascination. It was magic like this that had made his kind so revered by her tribe. "Well, that will make getting out of here somewhat probmatic. Stupid powerful lizard." she muttered as he reformed. "And I'm not a mouse." she sulked irritated before she saw that the dragon had taken a human form again. She looked down at him interested. "So what all can you transform into?"

Orion blinked. "You are an awfully...curious mouse. And your foolish if you think your getting out of here alive". He chuckled. When she asked about what he could turn into, he smirked. "Just about anything I want. Various human forms, a few monsters...the mist...". He chuckled. "Our kind is gifted with great power, power we once used to invigorate the world, and educate your kinds ancestor..." The smirk turned to a scowl. "And to show your thanks, you used the power we taught you, to slaughter my kind". The only good human was a dead one.

Duzzel looked at him interested. "Wait, your kind taught humans how to do things like that? So I could learn to do that?" She asked surprised. She now sat at the edge of her cage looking down at him with full attention. "How does that magic work?" She said egar to learn more about it.

Orion arched an eyebrow and looked up toward the cage. "You, are a very, very chatty little mouse". Though it was true, in ancient times, dragons and spirits alike worked with the developing races, imbuing them with magical knowledge. When humans and the like turned this knowledge on them, dragons pulled away and closely guarded their secrets. Angered by this, man began to hunt the beasts, and stealing the secrets behind their power. Orion crossed his arms. "And why should I tell you this, mouse?"

The woman narrowed her eyes. "Because with magic like that I could kill more metal men." she said seriously. "They took everything from me, so I will take everything from them by any ways necessary." She frowned down at him. "And I'm not a mouse. Stop calling me that." she insisted. Realizing she was talking more than usual she left the edge of her cage to lay down in the middle so she wouldn't be seen from the dragon below. Petting the fur pelt she realized since the passing of her friend she hadn't had anyone to talk to. She hadn't had anyone that talked back to really talk to since the destruction of her tribe. Gritting her teeth that she was showing such a signing of what she felt was weakness, she curled up on the furs and intended to ignore the dragon.

Orion sighed. This mouse seemed to have it out for "modern" man. "You can do a lot with my kind of magic, but what makes you think, for one second, that I'd teach it to you". he snapped up at the cage as the woman disappeared from the edge. Orion scowled. "As if you know anything about what my kind has gone, through, because of people like you".
He snapped and turned his back on the caged woman, arms crossed. She had no idea what his kind had gone through, and he didn't care enough to inform her. She was a mouse, an insignificant speck in an endless sea of filth. However, he'd also spoken more to her than any other prisoner he'd even held. Orion refused to believe, for one second, that he could have anything in common with this sack of human flesh.

"Then don't teach me. I'll use my own magic and strength." she snapped from where she was still laying down out of view. "Stupid lizard." she muttered under her breath. "Thinks he's all that." she snorted at the idea and pulled the fur over her to use as a cover. "Acts like he's the only one metal men hurt." she continued to mutter under her breath not really caring if he heard her or not, figuring if he wanted her dead she would be already. Frowning, she realized even with the bear pelt, the cage was still quite uncomfortable to sleep on. Not the worse she had ever dealt with, but she knew her back would be hurting in the morning.

Orion rolled her eyes. Idiot human, thinking her petty life mattered. The fact she wished destruction upon their mutual enemy meant little to the dragon. he was more than capable of laying waste to man, he just had to be cautious, less their spell casters bring him down, like so many of his kind.
However, as he fumed, a thought dawned on him. This girl, as wild and unkempt as she was, was human, and could infiltrate villages with ease. There was no danger of her disguise being broken, seeing as she was, in fact, man.
Some of the larger cities had magic barriers, meant to deter shape changers like himself. A plan was forming in Orion's head. A devious plan, but one that would require...a bit of cooperation. The thought sent a shiver down his spine. Sighing, the man sprouted a pair of black wings from his back, and flew up to the cave.

"...Okay human...suppose, for one, brief second...an...agreement. "I won't kill you, and in return, you...assist me with a small matter. It involves your favorite hobby, killing "metal men".

Duzzel looked up at the now winged man annoyed from where she been trying to sleep. "You attacked me at where I made camp, chased me through the forest while burning it around me, pluck me from my cave, and then locked me up in a metal cage. You do all that and really expect me to help you?" she snorted and turned on her other side to ignore the beast. She didn't need to make a deal with the beast to survive this. She was Duzzel, daughter of Tukum, and by rights Chiefess of the Shu!ack, a mere lizard wouldn't be her undoing.

Orion arched an eyebrow. "I mean, if you'd like to survive this encounter, you'll do as I tell you". he snapped, and tilted the cage, rolling the woman off her pelt and against the bars. "Else wise, I'll rock this thing back and forth, making it impossible for you to avoid the metal". He sneered. "So, would you like to reconsider you...precarious position, or shall I continue rocking you?" he crossed his legs and hovered in the air, perfectly content to keep this up.

Duzzel hadn't been expecting the beast to use such a underhanded tactic and snarled at him. Tucking her arms together close to her chest she did her best to avoid the contact with the metal. "Fine you over grown lizard! Just get me out of this cursed cage or I swear I will intentionally throw up on your metal rocks below!" she threaten him now fully irritated again.

Orion stopped the cage, but fixed the woman a stern look. "I am no lizard, I am a dragon. DR-A-GON". He sounded out the word at her. "You'd do well to remember that little mouse...else wise you'll end up back in here". He growled. "Also, so much as look at my hoard wrong, and you'll never look at anything again". However, as he spoke, the chain the cage hung from snapped, and the entire trap plummeted toward the ground, only to stop mere inches from the rocks below. Orion floated down and stood in front of the door. "Now, before I open this, let me warn you. Attack me, and you die. Try to escape, and you die". He smiled. "Is that simple enough for you, mouse?"

The scream that escaped the woman's throat was involuntary as the cage was unexpectedly plummeting to the ground. As he corrected the cage she looked at him with murderous intent in her eyes. "I have no use for your stupid metal rocks." she told him. "But make no mistake. I will kill you when the time is right if I need too to finish my mission." she stuck her chin out proudly and glared back at him. She could feel her connection to the earth more strongly now that she was so much closer to the rocks. She debated trying to impale the dragon where he stood but doubted now was the time to strike. deciding to wait she reasoned she had no weapon to use if the dragon survived the first attack, and no way to get out of the cave.

Orion gave her a bored look. "You assume you can, idiot". Was this really the best idea...there was plenty of natural materials for her to use here. However, if she could get past the field, and allow him into the larger cities...
"What I am about to suggest will allow you to kill even more...metal men". He said. "...it seems the one, tiny thing we have in common is our shared hatred for them. And the biggest cities...are protected by barriers. Barriers I can't get past, but you". He pointed to her. "Could". He smirked. "With a small amount of cooperation, we can both get what we want".
What he was looking for lay in the vaults of Kingburrow, a large city to the north. It was a city of magic, and where the human kingdom stashed all their relics. There was one in particular that Orion wanted back.

Duzzel looked at him untrustingly. "If I do this, retrieve this relic for you, will you leave me in peace to finish my journey?" she asked. She didn't really care for the idea of helping the dragon that had put her into a metal cage. Big cities were also her least favorite places to be, they were too loud, stank terribly, and were full of metal usually. But it would be a lot easier than trying to kill the dragon and get out the maze of a cave my herself.

Orion blinked and then grinned. "If you help me do this, then not only will I let you go back to whatever it is you were doing prior to all this..." he motioned to the cage. "I'll teach you how I disappeared...". He chuckled darkly. 'Think of how easy it will be, to clit the throats of your enemies when you an surround them all in the blink of an eye".
Of course, it wasn't that simple, and took year of practice to be able to be able to fight while in mist form. However, he wasn't going to tell her this. Better she learn that after she'd done what he asked. Besides that, there was a good chance this little stunt would get her killed, and that suited Orion just fine.

Duzzel considered her options for a moment, which honesty wasn't many before she nodded. "Very well. So long as you keep your word is see no reason or need to kill you. Now release me from this metal cage." She instructed him. If he was going to teach her how to turn to mist then there wouldn't be any need for assurence he would keep his word. She could just turn to mist to escape if he didn't.

Orion chuckled. "Of course, little mouse" he took a step back and the door swung open, allowing the woman to exit. "I'm sooo glad you see it my way, who knows this may eve turn out...fun". he chuckled darkly. Spilling the blood of those who had wronged him and his kind was always a fun time, even if it meant he had to put up with this uncivilized beast for a little while. Once she served his purpose, he'd discard her, and more than likely, she'd be captured and killed. But none of that really mattered in the long run.

Gathering up the pelt, she stepped out of the cage. Still looking at the dragon with a distrusting eye. "I am Duzzel, daughter of Tukum, Chiefess of the Shu!ack, and sister to bears. I am not a mouse." She properly introduced herself by the way of her people, irritated that he still insisted on calling her a mouse. She looked at the cave floor that was covered in gold like it was piles of manure. "Do you have any place NOT covered in metal I can sleep?"

Orion rolled an eye. "Alright, alright mou-...I mean Duzzel". He looked the woman over and shook his head. Duzzel sounded like a name for a mouse, but he kept that thought to himself. "I am Orion, the last of the Starfell dragons, and don't you forget it". he gave her a pointed look before assessing the sleeping situation. The cave floor was covered in gold, but there were some bare patches that the woman could sleep on. "Find a bare patch and stay there". he motioned to one, which was close to one of the walls.

Still pretty irritated with the dragon and the situation, Duzzel dropped the bear pelt on the bare ground while still watching him distrustingly. Getting comfortable on the ground, she used a slight bit of her magic to make the ground softer as she turned it to sand. "Remember I taste like dirt." She told him while wrapping herself up to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back