• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Dome Project

page-turning-book-animation-2.gif

The Mutants - They started out as stories, then one or two popped up, then thousands. These beings never existed, and then they did. People were scared of them, of the powers they possessed, of the way some of them looked. They were mutants, not human. They were monsters... at least to the humans. The government couldn't have them running around. So they started killing them.
The mutants started becoming endangered. The ones who could hide, hid. The ones who couldn't, or refused, were put in a dome to control their population. The government did not realized that this would make them stronger. They had children together, and the children were stronger than any mutant in the years before.
The mutants hid these children from the government. Now that they're growing up, a rebellion is sparking. A new world war. Will the mutants get back their freedom and escape the dome?
The Originals - The Originals are the weaker beings, and possess human and supernatural blood. They are strong, and more capable of hiding their powers. They are the ones planning the rebellion because they have years of experience. Aged twenty to fifty years old.
The New Generation - These are the powerful kids. They have only been existing for twenty years. They're difficult. Their powers are hard to control, they're young and reckless, and they're just learning about self control. The Originals teach them, guide them. They're the most important people in the rebellion, even though they're just kids. Aged fourteen to twenty years old.
tumblr_nnp8tdxn3n1qbp7ebo10_r2_250.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Dome - The Dome Project started in 2007. The government needed a way to contain the mutants, so they designed the shatter-proof dome to hold them. Lining the dome is electric wire so the mutants don't try to escape. With the town surrounded by military guards, they hope the beings won't find a way out. In 2010 the mutants were placed in their homes, and the Dome Project started.
Overview - We will be role playing the mutants, and the role play will take place twenty years after the mutants were first placed in the dome, in the year 2030. This is so we can have age diversity. We will be able to role play originals, and the new generation.
Supernatural creatures your character can be:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_by_type
Powers your character can possess:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superhuman_features_and_abilities_in_fiction
I require good writing skills, good grammar, 2-3 paragraph writing.
Your characters can only possess 5 powers, and you can combine powers to supernatural beings but only if it is a good pairing (like healing to wolves and vampires or different powers for witches).
More rules will be placed, and a thread will be made at 5 interests.
N996dMz.gif

I'll admit I'm a sucker for this kind of thing, and I like the whole Dangerous Things Kept Under Control (or not). Would the focus be on mythical creatures, or on humans-with-superpowers? By which I guess I mean... are they "evolving" in a direction towards being full-on mythical creatures, or evolving in a direction towards look-like-humans-but-have-powers?

I'll admit I'm a sucker for this kind of thing, and I like the whole Dangerous Things Kept Under Control (or not). Would the focus be on mythical creatures, or on humans-with-superpowers? By which I guess I mean... are they "evolving" in a direction towards being full-on mythical creatures, or evolving in a direction towards look-like-humans-but-have-powers?
Sort of both, like fairytale creatures mix X-Men sort of thing. There can either be supernatural creatures (like wolves, vampires, fairies, etc.) and humans with superpowers (take Rogue from X-Men, witches, warlocks, wizards, etc.). When they were first discovered it was that they were weaker, because they were breeding with humans, a reason why The Originals are weaker than the new Gens. The new Gens are bred from the supernatural people and the superhuman people which gives their abilities double the strength of a New Gen. But New Gens are teenagers, and Originals are adults. I hope this makes sense!

Sort of both, like fairytale creatures mix X-Men sort of thing. There can either be supernatural creatures (like wolves, vampires, fairies, etc.) and humans with superpowers (take Rogue from X-Men, witches, warlocks, wizards, etc.). When they were first discovered it was that they were weaker, because they were breeding with humans, a reason why The Originals are weaker than the new Gens. The new Gens are bred from the supernatural people and the superhuman people which gives their abilities double the strength of a New Gen. But New Gens are teenagers, and Originals are adults. I hope this makes sense!

Aye, I think I gotcha. So more like... the non-human-looking mutants are that way more as a side-effect of being mutant. Rather than a "vampires were real all along and they also have the power to do xyz, which part-vampire humans can also do"?
I will watch out for rules/etc for more info, ta :v

Oh man, I am so in! Can I create a character who's more superbatrual than normal? Like, he/she barely looks human and is more fitting to he called a monster?

Interested. If the species are meant to be said here then I'm a thunder Kitsune with cross dimensional awareness, acute healing abilities, healing small things (broken bones can take up to a week depending on the size of the bone) and semi immortality meaning he can't physically age. He was born with nine tails and a pair of fox ears.

Last edited:
interested! Would a male deer/human be acceptable? (Like a centaur, except with the lower half of a deer instead of a horse.)

Count me in! Just in case the species are a first come first serve deal I'm going to pen down for the Ghost Whale position and hope no one had it in mind before.

This sounds awesome I'd like to make a new generation with Power sensing, power augmentation,Power bestowal and power negation. He's gonna be primarily a support character but i think he would be sought after by those who wish to control the powered individuals. travelbypages travelbypages

I put my character up, couldn't find a realistic version of what he actually looks like for the life of me. Started him out in a neutral state because I don't know if we're supposed to start with them already a part of the rebellion or not. ^-^;

I put my character up, couldn't find a realistic version of what he actually looks like for the life of me. Started him out in a neutral state because I don't know if we're supposed to start with them already a part of the rebellion or not. ^-^;
It hasn't started yet, but it is close. They're just waiting until their child army is ready, and I'm going to create an Original who is the leader!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back