• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Dogs Themselves

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
423C925F-6208-48A6-A84F-2B9834C312E9.jpeg
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon SomebodyElse SomebodyElse BackSet BackSet Kazig Kazig Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Amyleii Amyleii
Blaine
She narrowed her eyes as the yellow dog spoke. Naturally, she would’ve put no faith in a group of dogs, especially after last time, but this group seemed tough, minus the puppy yapping around her ankles and the pregnant dog. Speaking of which, the pregnant she-dog gave Blaine a look up an down with a rather put back look. Blaine knew what the dog was thinking. Much too headstrong for her, huh? she thought, rolling her eyes internally. At least she didn’t whine about “old and young in their place.”

Blaine tipped her head as the first dog- was his name Lucky?-spoke. “First of all,“ she stated, “I never said anything about leading. I just asked if you needed help, and I have experience. I thought it would be nice to gain at least a bit of trust for getting you out of that little situation. Second of all, what cure are we talking about? I haven’t seen a live human in years. What good would a cure for humans be if we can’t find any?“ Her words weren’t sharp nor threatening, but questioning and still assertive.

Blaine stood, her tail up and her chest out as she surveryed the rest of the surrounding dogs. She liked the look of One. He seemed strong and willing to do what it takes to survive, just like her. Brandy as well. She was tough, and her personality, while laid back, was a fit. The smaller dog who had made the point about faster dogs also gave her a good feeling. Blaine herself was fast, her breeding aiding her in being faster than any dog here. With those three she would form her inside group, no matter if she was the leader of the full pack or not.​

Fluffy listened to the conversation unfolding around her. "I think whoever is going to lead should be strong and smart, not just one or the other." she spoke up. she then turned her attention to lucky, who was saying something about a cure, then another dog seemed interested in this cure, and yet another one questioned it's necessity as there where no...what did she call them? humans? "what is a human? I never heard of that creature. is it yummy?" the puppy asked, her tail still wagging non stop.

house.jpg
This was it. A nice yellow house. It was quite traumatic to see it all empty. Even more so the house was beginning to be overgrown with plant life.
Such was the case for most houses although Chloe's seem to get off abit easier. It was time to go inside. Her computer would have to have some answers.
"This is it guys. This was my owner's home."
It was still the same inside. He supposed the plants couldn't get inside. So things were nice and clean. It was cozy as usual. He was betting his own life's existence at this point. If he couldn't find a lead here. He didn't want to live anymore.
kok.jpg
"Make yourselves comfy I guess. There might be some cans of food in the cabinets. Probably some other food but that's all probably gone bad but it's your life I guess. I'm going to head to Chloe's room to try to see what I can find on her computer. Anyone is free to join me."

He headed to Chloe's room.
om.jpg

He decided to check her emails. 3 years ago. He discovered that she and a Doctor Mary Sweed were conversing about the virus strain behavior.

Dear Chloe,
It appears you were right. The virus is editing genetic code in animals and not humans, it seems to be behaving quite differently in animal subjects and human subjects. Unfortunately we have no idea what this means currently. I would advise you to make sure your dog is okay, if he starts behaving too oddly, I'd like to get to examine him if possible. The government is ordering everyone to head to special evacuation zones. However if you were to join us here at the lab, we could permiss you to stay with us.

Dr. Mary Sweed

He knew it! Chloe had an idea. Now where was this laboratory. Arkansas. That was like two states away. But they could make it. It'd just take awhile.
That's where they had to head to. He wanted to check up on the others. Maybe get them all on the same page.
BackSet BackSet scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Kazig Kazig hostage hostage Amyleii Amyleii Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy kianainactive1234 kianainactive1234 Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

Last edited:
"Guys we have some clues. There's a laboratory in Arkansas. They were working on the virus strains. Perhaps they have some research about the virus there.
How are you all feeling?"
He wanted to see how everyone was doing. It was time to get the show on the road. Plan things out. A journey to Arkansas would take awhile but it would be for the better. It was gonna be getting too cold in Chicago soon anyways.
"I think nows a good time to discuss ranks."

Star had followed Lucky with any others that came to a house with overgrown plants. Entering the house she looked around as as Lucky said there might be food in the cabinets. She headed into the kitchen and searched for any food to be had, unable to search through anything but lower cabinets. Searching through them, she found a can of ravioli which she took a while to get open and then dig into the can after dumping everything on the floor, scarfing it down. It was not a whole or of food but it was something which fed her.

When she heard Lucky come into the living room, she turned and headed to the living room, lying down as Lucky spoke of finding information frokm his human. “Why do you care about this human? As soon as you get old or they get tired of you, you’ll be replaced.” SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Fluffy runs into the building before anyone else to check that the coast was clear, and luckily it had been because the others came in before she could tell them. She began rummaging the house until she came upon something that stopped her. a small red ball, she bit into it and it produced a squeak. she grabbed it up and ran under an nearby couch with it, chewing it ferociously. as Lucky came back and said what he had found Fluffy once again asked "what's a human? seriously?"

"I care about her because she cares about me. She never gave me a reason to not trust her. She's also the only clue I have to solve the mystery behind the virus."
Everyone needed a reason to keep living. If Lucky couldn't find a cure, what was the point of continuing. He'd die eventually anyways once the virus evolved.
"what's a human? seriously?"
It was better for the dogs who were around when humans existed to keep hope. Fluffy probably didn't even realize her body carried a ticking time bomb that would kill her eventually.
"Humans are... another type of animal I suppose. They're very smart and tall. And they love dogs."
He didn't know how to explain the significance of humans to fluffy but he kept it simple so as to not make her overthink it.
"I wasn't always a house pet. I was a stray. It was chloe that saved me. Regardless of what you think about her. It's the only person who has a direct tie to the virus that I know."
Lucky knew he was aiming at strings. For one it was unlikely that chloe was even still alive. Another is that there wasn't any proof a cure existed. But he'd rather scavenge through an empty laboratory than continue living on the streets being chased by robot tanks.
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Amyleii Amyleii

“Some of is are not so lucky,” spoke Star. Yet she listened as Lucky spoke, the pup interrupting with a question of her own. “What are humans?” Born stray, Star thought to herself. She sighed to herself and listened to the conversation. “I am not sure I can go with you on your quest,” Star said after some time passed. “I have pups to care for soon and it or their safety is of most importance.”

Akyra woke up from her hiding place, yawning and stretching her cold, stiff limbs. She still wasn’t used to not having the comfort and warmth of her home and her family, and was reminded of it every morning. Akyra decided that today would be a good day to wander and see if she couldn’t find some food for herself.
She grabbed her fox, and began to walk. She walked for a long while before anything significant happened, and this, this wasn’t very new.

She could smell dogs!

Her heart thumped wildly in her chest and she padded over. As timid as she was around other dogs, she hadn’t had anyone to talk to or be around for months, if not years. She walked towards the smell, and as she got closed she could hear talking. She walked to the front of the yellow house where the sounds and smells were coming from.
Peeking around the corner into the house, she didn’t quite see anyone yet, but she knew they were in there. So she took a step forwards, trying to stay quiet. However, as soon as she stepped into the house a little more, the floor creaked. God dang it all to heck! She thought to herself, fox still hanging from her mouth.

She just hoped they were friendly.

EE439EE6-4A8F-428B-99C6-01C647D913AF.jpeg
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon SomebodyElse SomebodyElse BackSet BackSet Kazig Kazig Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy Amyleii Amyleii
Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

Blaine
The female settled down on a soft patch of carpet, then flopped onto her side. She was well worn out and the house that Lucky had led the group to was warm and comfortable. She ignored the ramblings of the other dogs, only flicking an ear up as Lucky mentioned Arkansas.

The female pushed herself to her haunches, balancing on her hind legs. “Arkansas, you say? I’ve raced there before. I know the general direction to go, unless you still don’t trust me.“ Her words were slightly bitter, but she seemed tesigned to letting Lucky leave. Not that Blaine would become a devoted follower of his. When she heard the pregnant female’s mutterings, she cast a glance over. “Well, nobody’s making you stay. But I’d assure you that you and your offspring would have a better chance of surviving with other dogs.“

Blaine got up and stalked into another room. She nosed open a door to find an open space, only occupied by yet another dog. Blaine stopped in her tracks, tilting her head. “You’re new,“ she mused, stepping forward to sniff the stranger. She noticed the fox toy sitting at the new female’s feet. It was ragged and faded from time, and although Blaine knew that it probably wouldn’t make it along the journey, she kept her mouth shut.

“The others are in there,“ she said, tossing her head to the hallway leading to the living room. Blaine walked back, waving her tail at the new dog to follow. “What’s your name?“

Lucky noticed star's hesitance.
"You'll die if you try to raise your puppys alone. We can all take care of eachother. That's the safety of a pack."
It was true. Her chances of survival alone was low. He didn't exactly think any of them would fill the role of a father well, it wasn't any of their children but hers.
However with their help she would atleast have them grow up well.
“Arkansas, you say? I’ve raced there before. I know the general direction to go, unless you still don’t trust me.“
Lucky perked up. Blaine knew how to get to Arkansas? It was worth any apology. He needed to get to that laboratory.
"I'm sorry I was rude to you. If you know how to get to Arkansas, I'd gladly appreciate direction."
All of the sudden a new dog appeared. Well then. It wasn't unwelcome. At this point he was glad that other dogs even still existed. He didn't realize so many had survived this long.
Now that we're all here. I think it's time to decide ranks. I would like to be alpha if possible, although I understand if you all don't agree with that.
I think Blaine or Star should be beta. Star seems to have a more resilient head than I do. I admit I have a poor grasp on reality right now.
Blaine seems to know the way to Arkansas. Also I think it's time we heard from some of the others.
hostage hostage scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays

Star listened as first Blaine and then Lucky both said she should join the pack and have a hard time surviving on her own with her pups. But the female had been surviving on her own just fine without her pack before while pregnant, how much more difficult would it be to survive with pups in tow? It wasn't like they would be doing anything when they were born anyway. Yet it was possible she might end up having to move constantly and couldn't be sure how many pups she had growing within her.

Star knew the wish of her previous alpha and beta, to carry on their pack and both males' lineage. Though she wouldn't know which pup or pups were fathered from which of the two dominant dogs in her pack, she only knew the alpha's pups would be mixed breed young while the beta was a purebred husky like herself. Perhaps it would be easy after all, assuming both males had sired young with her. Mentally shrugging, she turned her head to stare at Lucky as he suggested either herself or Blaine being the beta with himself being alpha, the first she agreed with while the second she was not sure about. "I've never heard of a female having a leadership role before," said Star, "but Blaine looks more fit for patrolling and hunting due to her build and breed. As for myself being beta..." she shook her head and then lowered it in thought. "Nor am I entirely sure about going on a journey but I only have my alpha's and beta's wishes to fulfill...and...thinking on it with my breed being able to have between four to six on average..."

Star sighed and scuffed a paw on the ground, mulling things over in her mind. For some time she stood there in indecision as she weighed her options, options which were few and far between. Perhaps going on a possible perilous and deadly journey was the only way she could fulfill her leaders' wishes, those being the most important thing in her mind at the moment, not really caring for humans and if they were still alive or not. Her first litter had died despite being in a pack and it was possible the same thing could happen with this one. Yet she supposed it was possible they could die without extra eyes around, especially with those machines roaming around the city. Then again, perhaps with a pack, her pups could end up surviving.

"I suppose that a pack might be somewhat beneficial though the journey poses a risk especially with an adolescent and a pup plus my own unborn litter though I'm not asking anyone to help with raising them as that is my sole job," said Star. "If being beta is what you think is best I can step into the role."

Brandy sniffed about the house, it had been too long since she had the chance to be in a home that still felt... right. If the smell of humans wasn't so much older than that of dust and decay, she could almost pretend she was back in the olden days. However, it was becoming apparent that there were more important things to be focusing on here than what lies in the past.

"You, you said you're name was Lucky right? This laboratory, why is it important? We're not affected by the virus, and human information is of no real use to us. Unless... are there people there?" Brandy asked, allowing a bit of hope to slip into her voice. Even if it wasn't David, she would kill to see a human.
SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

8DAE9A9C-8200-465B-8BE2-FAA4A1EC5C00.jpeg
scorpiodragon scorpiodragon SomebodyElse SomebodyElse
Blaine
Blaine tilted her head as Star spoke. She seemed, well, conservative in her views. Blaine had to admit that she wasn’t used to being pushed aside. Even in the tracks she had been the number one, adored and showered with affection. Maybe she was being selfish, or vain? But her inner ramblings did nothing to supress her true thoughts. She had experience leading. She deserved this, right?

“Well... as much as I do love... hunting... I think that it would be best off if I was allowed to have a... leadership position? It would be easier to lead the way, and would be easier for Star as she is probably due soon and wouldn’t have much time to lead alongside you if she is keeping her brood alive,“ Blaine tried to keep her voice soft and full of humility.

Star shook her head as she removed herself from the corner mentally counting the dogs in her head. One...two...three...four...five...six...seven. Out of those they had an elder, a pup, and four adults. Out of those adults there were four females, five if she counted the pup and two males which would mean fights between them for when the other females went into heat with the possibility of one or both males dying, causing Star’s lips to curl back in distaste.

The dog named Blaine spoke about Star being too busy when her pups were born to end up being of much help to Lucky. To her, the other female seemed rather vain about her appearance if anything. What really did it matter? As soon as her pups were old enough, Star would likely take them and leave before attempting to restart their old pack though she had not yet thought that far ahead. In that event, perhaps she was not the best to lead though was sure Domino and Comanche would be rather stunned if they could see the predicament she had gotten herself and her unborn into. What other skills did she have that were useful?

Star ended up reclining herself into a sitting position as she tuned out everyone else and began pondering that. She could fight some and hunt, the young dog also being used for patrolling in winter thanks to her breed. She had a bit of training in everything really. ”I have training in fighting...somewhat...hunting and patrolling...but if I am not considered for such a position I can be the pack’s physician.” Out of everything she had done she had been assigned to their own physician and felt her skills were excellent there.

Last edited:
You can double up as a hunter and physician. Blaine will be the beta then. I'll be the Alpha.
Blaine. We should plan the journey. We'll likely be heading through alot of dangerous territory.
And star. If you truly want to leave when your pups are born, that's fine. But for now I think you should stay with us
What about the rest of you? What positions or skills do you guys want or have?
Kazig Kazig scorpiodragon scorpiodragon hostage hostage Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays Amyleii Amyleii BackSet BackSet Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy kianainactive1234 kianainactive1234

Star nodded, satisfied with both her position she was given and glad she could leave if she wanted when her pups were born or when they became yearlings, whichever was easiest to manage. Though she noted she would need to find new blood into her Domino's pack in order to prevent inbreeding and sickness. For now though she would stick with these ragtag dogs and see what came of this journey and how many were left alive at the end. Star knew if humans were still alive somewhere and whatever this virus was was destroyed, she would have to take her pups and leave to avoid them being taken from her by humans.

"I suppose that's that then.
Blaine should know the way. I think it's about time we get on the road. But it's not bad.
We have a solid group and we know the roles. So I say we should just head out. No need to stay here any longer.
Grab what you need."
So he gathered some food from the house,some medical supplies and grabbed one of Chloe's old backpacks before leading everyone outside.
They walked on the road.

Kazig Kazig scorpiodragon scorpiodragon hostage hostage Panda_Roleplays Panda_Roleplays Amyleii Amyleii Twin Fantasy Twin Fantasy kianainactive1234 kianainactive1234

Star didn't take anything with her though did roll her eyes at Lucy grabbing medical supplies which dogs couldn't even use. The female could hunt just fine, even if her pregnant belly ended up making her slow. She could still feed herself and her unborn. Following Lucky out of the house, she waited for the other dogs to emerge before following behind the group, making sure the pup at least remained somewhere in the middle between the adults for its own protection.

Brandy trotted after Lucky, making her way up to the middle of the pack, a bit of a struggle when everyone else had such long legs. It was going to be a long road to Kansas, and she refused to get left behind by anyone. Without the cover of buildings, she felt much more vulnerable. While there is safety in numbers, she couldn't ignore that it also left them as a bigger target. Choosing to err on the side of caution, Brandy continuously cocked her ears as she walked, scanning for even the slightest sound of approaching monsters.

Blaine
Wind ruffled her short fur as she trotted ahead, her nose lifted highas she scented the air. The road was long, she knew. As the pack reached the outskirts of Chicago, she finally got her bearings. “We head due south of here,“ she called out, turning onto a highway.

Plenty of abandoned cars were scattered in the group’s path, and Blaine swerved around them, her claws clicking against the pavement. Eventually, the tangle of vehicles thinned. She grinned internally as she realized how she was leading. Again, her eyes swept the horizon, searching for the landmarks she had seen on her many trips down. “Ah! Look! The forest to our right!“ She pointed her nose to the trees down the road. It seemed far, but she knew that the forest would provide a shortcut rather than following the long road. “We must cut through.“

It'd be a long walk throughout the forest. It'd also be getting dark soon. Perhaps they should camp it for the night soon.
Throughout the forest Lucky heard wolf howls. That wouldn't be too fun if they ran into some wolves. He wasn't sure they'd really be able to survive such an encounter.
"How you all hanging guys? Perhaps we should take abit of a stop and rest for the night?"
Did they need a fire? How would one make a fire, seemed like a human thing to do, perhaps one of them could go try to hunt for some food.
"Perhaps we should hunt, maybe a few of us go, I volunteer."

Now where could he find some wild animals. Perhaps a fox or a rabbit?
He'd have to walk farther, it didn't seem like there were any here.
Just as he said that he saw a small rabbit scurry through some snow.
Jumping at it he quickly tackled it to the ground and caught it with his teeth.
"Hey you! You stealing from our forest, huh?"
A wolf appeared and dropped down from a higher platform.
Suddenly a bunch more wolves dropped down.
Lucky was surrounded.

Star managed to keep up despite her swollen belly, One not coming with them on the journey. The dog was old and likely wouldn’t have made it, nor did the Basenji whelp come. Star wouldn’t be surprised if they perished for their decision but perhaps they would manage on their own and survive somehow. The Siberian Husky was not too sure about this pack as she moved easily along despite her condition. Her swollen womb might make her slow but she still had the husky’s stamina.

They headed through miles of roads to the outskirts of Chicago, then swung south to get to Kansas. As they entered the forest and began the next leg of their journey, it began to grow dark and they soon stopped, Lucky speaking of hunting. Star stayed behind to watch over the pup and make sure it did not wander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back