• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Dogs Themselves (New)

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
The sad reality is that humans are gone. I don't know how. I don't why. I only know when. 3 years ago. All trace of human life disappeared.
It's been a difficult life for us animals. I think I know what happened. 3 years ago a deadly strain evolved and infected all life on earth. It killed every human being.
It did something entirely different for us animals. It made us smarter. Suddenly we can understand things. Those signs and language they humans used. We can read them. No we can't speak like humans can. But we can communicate. That was 3 years ago. Now dogs are likely one of the only races left. Bad news. The virus continues to evolve till it kills every race on the planet. I haven't even seen another dog in a long time. More bad news. Plants are overgrowing over the land. Weeds have nothing to keep them down, trees, flowers, grass, nothing to eat them, nothing to mow them. Nothing to keep them in check. The last bad news. Those machines appeared. They kill everything in sight. I don't know who made them. But I believe it's connected to the strain somehow.

It's been tough for me. I'm a dog. I had an owner, now I don't, I ravage the streets looking for food still left. Perhaps in stores, perhaps even in the garbage.
It's getting tough. Food is getting scarce, most of it's gone bad. Such is the case. Food stores weren't meant to store food unproperly without power for too long.
I tried hunting but even available prey to hunt is disappearing. I think it's time I search for others. And even more time I searched for clues.
My name is Lucky.

The State Of The World
overgrown.jpg
Much of the world has become an overgrowth of plant life mixed with the civilizations that humanity left behind. Grass and trees flow high and roots and vines tangle walls and buildings. I've tried to find some places with food or working electricity but they are rare.
There is nothing to keep the herb life in check so it continues to grow. Most of the animal races have died but a few remain. Perhaps I can find prey if I look hard enough.

tank.jpg

Humans left behind these machines. They are sometimes patrooling the cities. They aren't tanks. Not exactly. They're empty vessels that drive alone on the streets. I usually stay clear of these things. They have predictable patterns leaving me to think they're operating on some leftover orders. Engaging them is sure to end in death. I've witnessed the fools who choose to do so myself. I once found an empty one driving along but it broke down. Must've broke something internally.

Disease.jpg

I remember the disease occurring 3 years ago. My owner's name was Sarah. She was so sad when they told her we had to part ways. If there is even a chance she's alive out there then I'd go see her. But likely that's wishful thinking. Oh right the disease. It's name is Alpha01. It's deadly to humans. But it gave animals higher levels of intelligence. We're almost as smart as humans were. We lack the ability to speak human tongue but we can communicate between us animals. But the virus is evolving, it continues to kill off every race on the planet. What hope do we have? If humans didn't find a cure how are the remaining animals supposed to do anything.

lucky.jpg

My name is Lucky. I guess you could say that name is fitting. I've somehow made it through 3 years alone. I've narrowly avoided being killed by the machines. I sometimes eat enough and sometimes don't. I've heard some rumors from some rabbits that some of the remaining dogs are forming packs. It might be the only way to survive. Perhaps they were housepets like me. Or scavengings in the city. Or wild dogs. I don't know. I should search for others. Maybe form my own pack. Or join somebodies. It's time to search for answers.

(We will be roleplaying as dogs. We will be constantly thrown into harsh situations due to the state of the world. Humans are gone. A disease threatens to evolve and wipe out all remaining life. Food is scarce and the adventure is full of danger and survival is a difficult task. We will uncover secrets about the nature of the virus and the disappearance of humans. I'm rebooting this from an earlier attempt.)

Realistic or Modern - The Dogs Themselves CS Character Sheets
Fandom - The Dogs Themselves OOC OOC

StrixDesmodus StrixDesmodus Farmgirl310 Farmgirl310 Samoyed Samoyed LunaticLove LunaticLove enterelysium enterelysium

I’m interested in joining this if it’s still open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back