• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
1606250040253.png
~Clementine~
Clementine was going to deny the cookies, but she felt herself perk up when she mentioned mana ones. She felt the wispy hunger of her empty mana field at that moment. Mumbling out a 'thank you' she took as many mana cookies as she was handing out and stuffed them in her mouth. She felt the tiny amount of power swirl inside her, seeping into her deeply causing her to let out a sigh of pleasure without thinking. Flushing slightly at letting out a sound.

"A superhero..." she trailed off, a tone of boredom that clearly didn't by it, "Oh I am Clementine by the way," she added dully, shaking a lot less now as she began to get her emotions under control again. This of course was only possible because she was making sure to not let Nemu get in her line of sight. At his wounds, Clementine pursed her lips before speaking, "Nemu don't you have a spell that you can use to help him?" she asked the other girl.

If she could avoid using the small mana she had just consumed that would be great, however from what she knew about the girl she found it unlikely that she knew a spell.Though of course, Clementine hoped she would be proven wrong at this point. She knew she definitely had a spell she could use, but she would prefer to not use it.
Juju Juju Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Skat Anotatos
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Third Ward Sewer. Rat Burrow. React: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim (Exploding Zombies)​

Patrician Skat Anotatos sits in a circle of twenty some rodents of various size in a burrow off the Third Ward sewers of Castellan. The rodents are semi-conscious. They had been administered a 'treatment' that would rapidly advance their evolution. The concoction of nanites, genesplicing chemicals, and magic would take three days to completely transform them. It would also imprint their newly evolved brains with the full education that all citizens received as their birthright. Future generations would be taught this knowledge but it was necessary to 'jumpstart' the first citizens to receive the treatment. Otherwise they'd have infantile brains in adult bodies. These rodents would be the native Patricians of this world, the elders that would guide it's civilization, and they would need that knowledge.

Still, Skat was sentimental. He liked to transfer knowledge verbally. So he sat with them now expounding on the foundation of a just society. They could hear him in their semi-conscious state, maybe not understand just yet but like a comatose patient they could definitely hear. Rodents from other worlds had told him that their first sapient memory was the sound of his voice. Perhaps that was just flattery. It did make Skat feel closer to the new Patricians. The only citizens he liked more than a world's first Patricians were the first generation on a new world. The first generation was always the most passionate, creative, and committed. The soul of society. Later generations were more complacent. That wasn't necessary a negative - society needs maintainers too - but Skat had always been drawn to the advancing edge of civilization.

"It is true that to acquire wealth by trade and usury is oft more profitable to the individual. The barbarians place this truth at the core of their societies, as if it were honorable. Our society holds a different view and it is embodied in our laws; which require that the thief be mulcted double and the usurer tenfold." Skat warmly continues his long explanation to the evolving rodents. That law was one of his most treasured. If the penalty for exploitative behavior was merely to repay what had been taken, even double what had been taken, then the law meant nothing to abusers with wealth at their disposal. He pauses to allow himself a soft chuckle, then continues, "I will leave it to you to judge how much less desirable a citizen we consider a usurer than a thief. For what the thief takes they oft take from a position of need, if not utter desperation, but the usurer always exploits from a place of abundance. Now, if you would seek for a worthy citizen then look no further than the one who creat..."

The Patrician trails off as a wave of strange light pulsates through the rat burrow. His whiskers twitch. In another month... In just another month he might have a mage to assist him in identifying that light but for now he had to rely on his own mind. While Skat was a skilled technomancer his knowledge of general magic was a bit dull. He scratches an ear thoughtfully. Should he go investigate? That would leave the new citizens here helpless. But better to know now if the barbarians were unleashing doomsday weapons or some other devastation? Oh the barbarians. Skat respected and pitied them. They were so destructive when they turned away from their natural talents. They just needed guidance to find what they really wanted. Meaningful livelihood. Secure dwelling. Some creature comforts. A family. Barbarians were simple creatures of simple desires...but left to their own devices they certainly had a way of complicating things.

Skat's musings are cut short by scrambling sounds coming from outside the burrow. Drawing his pistol, the Partician cautiously ventures to the entrance and peeks out. "Oh dear gouda...." Dead creatures of all sorts - rodents, vulpines, weasels, snakes, even a duck - were crawling out of the muck of the sewers. Skat switched his pistol's setting to disintegrate and slips quietly back into the burrow. That answered that question, he'd be on the defense for now.

Last edited:
Ice.pngbe85c17bd4a75673eeb13ceccf00126f.png
Gloop and NemuInteraction: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture seasonedcat seasonedcat Kaihaku Kaihaku

"So cool..." Nemu said wistfully, clasping her hands together. A real super hero! This was amazing! Should she ask for an autograph? Was that weird? No, he was probably used to it, but then again she didn't really have anything to sign. Maybe she could take a picture! Honestly, she already wanted one, but she figured she should wait until he was better before asking about that.

She hummed a small tune as she watched Clementine and Ivan eat their cookies, hoping they liked it. Cooking new magical dishes was her favourite thing to do, but it was a lot funner when there were actual friends to share them with. Gloop was always eager, and she appreciated the help with experimental recipes, but it was nice to have people to talk to. Clementine seemed to like them the most, as she ate any mana cookie she was given. Nemu happily supplied a whole batch, as the other girl was quite skinny and she was worried that she might be sick.

She wondered about this, and didn't quite notice the state of Ivan's leg until he mentioned it. A look of shock crossed her face when she saw that the wound was unaffected by the cookie's properties. "Uh... this usually works..." she peered down at the wound, frowning, "Oh no... that is not good. The blood is black. Could it be a magical curse? Or an infection of sorts? Gimme a second..."

The young witch took off her hat and dug around in it, searching for something. She stuck her head into the pocket dimension, then withdrew a few moments later, "Dammit... I'm missing ingredients for a cure-all. I used them all up from the potions exam! This isn't good!"

She winced at Clementine's suggestion of using a spell. "Yeah.. um..." A wand and spellbook appeared in her hands. She flipped through some pages, looking through notes littered heavily with doodles. "Ok! Basic cleansing spell..." Her wand began to glow as she began the spell, "Sana vulnera. Remedium ad morbum. Rumpe tenebris!" The magical light shot towards Ivan's leg, but to little effect. Looking nervous, Nemu waved her wand again. "Erm... Rumpe tenebris!"

Nothing.

"No! Why isn't it working!? I'm sorry, Mr. Cowboy!" she apologized, looking crushed, "Ah, no no it's ok! Clementine is a way better witch than me. She's the top student at school -- won awards and stuff! If anyone can do it, she can!"

Gloop stood beside Nemu during the sudden change of events, keeping watch on Clementine even though it had no eyes. When Ivan was added to Caedmon's network he could sense a distinct lack of coherent thoughts from the slime. It was like millions of smaller voices all talking at the same time. Only a general feeling could be understood, and at this point it was unease.

Every cell in the slime's body sensed the rise in magic instantly, and was able to pinpoint the source from the minute changes in the air's magic. The excess of magic made the slime swell as it absorbed the powerful energies around it.

datifgd-5265386d-05ad-4a69-8c16-870c070f6ca7.png"Oh! Gloop's reacting to some magic...!" Nemu said, watching as the slime's color darkened and grew from the size of a dog to a horse, and twice as wide. The pseudo-dragon features began to mutate, becoming more refined and deadly. She could see the bright blue shining from inside, but the edges of the slime was dark mixed with a bright neon. What on earth was that spell? She could not guess the element, and if she didn't know any better, It looked like a mix of things. "Wow look at em go! I've never seen Gloop this big before! That must be a pretty powerful spell!"

The slime could not and did not answer Caedmon's request for orders, but there seemed to be a general idea of 'protect allies' and 'consume magic source' in equal parts.

Carmen.

1606343398209.png

“The Musically Insane."

Post Number:

5#.

(The aftermath).

Flying high in the skies with Ashe over Castellan.

Character Interactions:

Ashe, Ivan, Varium.

Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Kaihaku Kaihaku

Character Mentions:

Ashe, Ivan, Aedehana, Varium, Caedmon.

Incidental Theme:

- - -

"It's not budging you dipstick, just give it up already."

I sighed and ran a stressed hand through my silky smooth hair, deciding to heed Maxwell's advice and set aside my pride for now.

While I was physically fit, strength-related tasks were still not my forte, and there was no use making a fool of myself over something that was outside of my natural capabilities.

I expectantly glanced toward the old man and his female companion with the hopes that either Summoned was strong enough to assist me with my grueling task, though the longer I observed the two, the more doubts plagued my mind.

I very well knew the importance of never judging a book by its cover, but if even I could not move the white mass, was there any reason for me to believe that the others would be able to?

"Jesus Christ, you've got to be shitting me. Have you already forgotten that Virtue summoned you to a whole different ass world with a fuck-ton of other powerful individuals? Not everyone is going to be weak flesh bags like they were back in your home-world. I bet you ten bucks that girl with the scythe can kick your ass any day of the week."

My grin faltered, and I dangerously narrowed my eyes at the beast, who only glared daggers at me in return.

"Why do you still harbor such anger and resentment toward me after so many years, Maxwell? I understand that you are not happy about our little arrangement, but you treat me as if I am a diabolical villain who ruined your life for trying to make the most of an unfortunate situation. Neither of us knew what would happen when I freed you, so why bother degrading me when it creates nothing but strife between us?"

Maxwell sneered and raised a clawed finger in the air, about to retort with his usual obscenities when the creature's eyes trailed behind me, and he froze, his hardened features softening.

"...I...Carmen...CARMEN!!!"

The beast's sudden change in behavior was enough for me to quirk a brow, but before I could look over my shoulder to see what was wrong, there was a deafeningly loud gunshot, and I felt a burning object pierce through my abdomen.

"CARMEN! YOU FUCKING ID-"

Maxwell's panicked words and Samuel's angered squawks dulled into a faint ringing as my vision blurred, and a second shot sent me bouncing off the egg capsule and tumbling to the cathedral floor.

I groaned and clutched my stomach in dazed confusion, unaware of the surrounding chaos or Maxwell's frantic attempts to possess me as I struggled to keep my eyes open, and metallic tasting bile worked its way up my throat.

...What?

...Since when...

Since when was I on the ground? I was conversing with Maxwell just a moment ago...

...How did...

How did I get here?

...What is this feeling?

Where am I?

...Maxwell?

I tried to push myself into an upright position, but my limbs would not cooperate as a series of violent coughs racked my body, and I instinctively covered my mouth.

When the coughing fit ended, I dizzily pulled my hand back to find my white glove stained with splotches of familiar a black liquid, and I felt more of the fluid trickle from my mouth.

...Is this...

Is this my blood?

Am I bleeding?

...When was I injured?

Why is everything so hazy?

...Samuel?

I stared at my hand for an unknown amount of time, my body trembling from fear and apprehension as I muttered incoherently to myself, and the world around me slowly faded to white.

- - -

I ran through the endless white halls, my iron grip never leaving my companion's wrist as I dragged her to safety, and multiple guards followed us in hot pursuit, shouting for me to stop while Maxwell cursed my name and Samuel scouted ahead.

Occasionally, the small child would trip over her dress and stumble, but I was quick to help her recover, knowing that failure was not an option.

Once we put enough distance between ourselves and the guards, I threw open a random door and ushered the small child inside before I slammed the door shut and locked it behind us.

I pressed myself against the wooden barrier, held my breath, and covered the girl's mouth with my hand as I waited in anticipation for the guards to rush past our room, hoping that the armed men would not be able to hear the child whimpering in my arms.

When the sound of heavy thudding boots faded and the halls fell silent, I released the distressed child from my grasp and slid down the door, breathing out a sigh of relief.

"I don't understand why you're going through so much fucking trouble to save one stupid sniveling brat. Just ditch them and haul your ass out of here. She isn't worth dying over, Carmen. You should know this by now."

I disregarded the spirit's disheartening remark and stood after a brief period of rest, not wanting to waste any more time when government agents were tearing apart the building to locate me.

Switching on the lights, I ordered Samuel to keep watch while I searched the room (Which I presumed was an office) for any useful items that might aid me with my escape.

As I was opening draws and shuffling through needless paperwork, I felt a small tug on my shirt sleeve, and I peered down to find the small child gawking up at me with puffy red eyes and tears trekking down her rosy flushed cheeks.

"M-Mr. B-Birdman? I'm s-scared... Why are those b-bad men chasing us? Did we do something wrong? W-where's my m-mommy and daddy? I w-wanna go h-home..."

The child's quiet sniffling and broken expression were enough to capture my attention, and I found myself crouching down, putting both hands on the girl's shoulders, and offering her a sympathetic smile despite my thoughts screaming at me for appearing weak.

"There is no need to be upset, little one! I spoke to your parents, and they are just on vacation, remember? They asked me to look after you, and I promised them that I would get you home safe and sound! Those bad men want something from me, but I assure you that I will not let them lay a finger on you."

When the small child continued crying, I felt my heart lurch, and I gripped my chest at the unfamiliar feeling.

Why does seeing my companion so sad physically pain me?

...And why do I feel so...sentimental?

...Could it be?

...No, impossible! There is no way I ever cou-

"You care, idiot."

I turned to Maxwell with a bewildered look, my mouth slightly agape at the beast's sudden accusation. Did the foul creature underestimate me so much as to believe that I would care for this...this insignificant feeble-minded helpless child?

"Duh."

Of course not!

I wanted to laugh at Maxwell's comedic statement but choose not to with the small child still trembling in my arms.

...Me? Caring about a random child that I just met a week ago? The nonsense and obscurity of it all!

. . .

...And yet, here I was, fretting over the child's well-being and feeling a strange inclination to protect them.

Not being able to withstand seeing the child weep for any longer, I reached behind the girl's ear and summoned a vibrant red rose, pulling the flower out from behind the child's head and offering it to her with a wide grin.

"Oh? What is this? You seem to have something stuck behind your ear, sweetheart. Let me just fetch that for you and...voilà! What a lovely red rose! Would you care to have it, Abbigale? I believe it would complement your red dress very well."

Abbigale's eyes lit up with wonder and astonishment when I made the rose appear out of thin air, and the child seemingly forgot about her worries altogether.

"...H-Huh? What?... Oh, wowie! That was soooo cool, Mr. Birdman! I didn't know you did magic tricks! Where did you learn to do something like that? Could you teach me? Gasp, a flower! I love flowers! Do you think I could have it? Really? Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

A wave of warmth washed over me when the child plucked the rose from my hands and cradled it to her chest with a toothy smile.

How could one little girl be so...wonderfully amusing?

Usually, the children I encountered were always loud, nosey, unruly, imprudent, disrespectful, annoying, spoiled, selfish, uncivilized, gluttonous, and filthy little beings.

Of course, you could always blame the parents for their poor parenting (Or lack thereof), but this was my first experience with a child who did not take after their disgraceful guardians.

...Perhaps Abbigale's naivety is why I did not feel my usual desire to harm the child?

Turning back to my small companion, I contently watched Abbigale enjoy her new gift when I noticed a few stray tears fall down her cheeks, and I frowned.

Such a bright smile did not deserve to be clouded by sadness.

Reaching out, I gently cupped Abbigale's face in my hands, and I wiped away her remaining tears.

"You should smile more, doll. A frown does not suit a pure soul like yours."

I was concerned when Abbigale started tearing up, but nothing prepared me for when the child threw herself at me and buried her face in the groove of my neck.

"T-Thank you so much, m-mister..."

I immediately tensed at the unexpected contact, but I eventually warmed up to the affectionate gesture and slowly wrapped my arms around the girl, resting my chin atop her head.

Although I was conflicted with many emotions, I now knew for certain that I would not let Abbigale come to harm.

"You're turning into a fucking pansy, I swear."

I was unsure how long I sat there hugging the small child, but I eventually had to pull away when I spotted several guards rounding a corner in Samuel's vision.

"Abbigale, my sincerest apologies, but we need to get a move on if we do not want the bad men to find us."

The small child whimpered at the loss of contact and hugged my leg, clearly not wanting to leave.

"B-But Mr. B-Birdman... I'm tired, and my feet hurt... I don't wanna go..."

Quickly thinking of an alternative, I scooped the child up in my arms and waited for her to grab onto my neck.

Abbigale was surprised by the sudden action, but she was quick to lay her head on my shoulder with one balled fist tiredly hanging from my side and gripping onto her rose.

Fortunately, I had already removed the thorns from the spiny flower as a precaution for my other victims.

"Now, when we head outside, I need you to be very quiet, okay, dear?"

I crept toward the door and peeked out of the office window, waiting for the coast to clear before leaving.

"Okay, Mr. Birdman.."

When the hall emptied, I unlocked the door and collected Samuel before quietly exiting the office.

Using the cover of shadows, I stealthily traversed the facility and avoided the patrolling guards with relative ease.

After some time, I found myself in a warehouse crouched behind a stack of crates, with guards crawling all over the room as I tried to soothe a panicking Abbigale.

"Albino Rhino, this is Red Fox. How do you copy? Over."

Radio static-filled my ears as one of the guards conveniently stopped right in front of my hiding place to pick up their transmission.

"This is Albino Rhino. I copy loud and clear, send over.”

I silently cursed when more guards began to converge at my location, and Abbigale uncomfortably squirmed in my arms, her heart pounding against my chest.

"What is your current status? Over."

The tension was suffocating as the guards shone their flashlights around the occupied storage racks, occasionally illuminating my hidden features but somehow overlooking me every time.

"Our sector seems to be clear. There is no sign of the target or his hostage. We will keep searching the vicinity and report back if we find anything, over."

"Roger that."

I was baffled when the guards nodded to one another before dispersing, leaving a clear path for me to escape.

Surely there was no way the guards could have missed me.

Was this all part of an elaborate trap?

"No, they're just morons. They would've already captured you by now if they knew you were there. It is kind of pathetic, though. Not even specially trained agents could find one delirious bastard when he was staring them dead in the face. And just when I thought humans couldn't get any denser."

I shot Maxwell an irritated look but said nothing, not wanting to give away my position.

Carefully stepping out from my hiding place, I silently tiptoed and ducked behind the guards, ready to defend the small child with my powers if things went south.

Thankfully, with some skilled navigation, I made my way over to a non-guarded door and was about to open it when there was a sound that made everybody freeze.

"Achoo!"

You could have heard a pin drop with the silence that followed, but I was quick to bust through the door and break into a run, prompting the guards to chase after me.

"Calvin Fordyce, if you do not halt, we will be forced to take violent action!"

One of the guards attempted to grab me by the wings, but I roughly shoved them into a nearby closet and continued down the hall without ever looking back.

"Red Fox, this is Albino Rhino. We have eyes on the target fleeing to the West Wing. He appears to be hostile and is still with the hostage. Requesting permission to open fire, over."

"Roger, over. This is Red Fox. Does the target show any signs of stopping? Over."

"Negative. Over."

"Permission granted. You may open fire, over."

"Engaging the target now, roger out."

"But sir, what about the little girl?"

"Are you questioning my judgment, rookie? We have orders to capture, secure, and contain the target through any means necessary. OPEN FIRE!"

Abbigale shrieked and buried her face into my shoulder when bolts of plasma went sailing past us and lit up our surroundings, leaving smoldering holes in the walls.

No expression could describe the anger and disdain I felt at that very moment.

Usually, I would not care for children dying, but the thought of Abbigale coming to harm infuriated me.

"Carmen, I swear to fucking God, if you die over a stupid kid, I will haunt you in the afterlife.

Shielding Abbigale with my wings, I dodged as many bolts as I could and picked up the pace, grunting whenever the fiery projectiles pierced my grey flesh and singed my wings.

As much as I wanted to turn on the guards, my primary focus was ensuring Abbigale's safety.

"Don't let him get away!"

I crashed through a pair of white doors with a sign above it that read "West Wing," and I immediately came to a halt when I ran into more guards who all had their rifles trained on me.

"Get on the fucking ground!"

I considered surrendering for Abbigale's sake, but I knew my efforts would be in vain if the guards were willing to risk a child's life to capture me.

"I would love to stay and chat with you all, but I, unfortunately, do not have the time to discuss nonsense with hopeless nitwits. Samuel, would you be a good bird and take out the trash for me?"

Samuel responded with a shrill screech before he lunged at the nearest guard and clawed at their eyes, earning a pained shriek from the guard, who was now frantically thrashing about in an attempt to throw Samuel off of them.

"GET IT OFF OF ME, GET IT OFF OF ME!!!"

All hell broke loose when the guards attempted to assist their panicking comrade by blindly firing at Samuel, only further provoking the killer crow, who was now leaping from guard to guard and clawing and pecking at whoever got in his way.

"Huh, I gotta admit, I underestimated your shitty bird. The guards are dolts, though. Not sure why they decided to try and shoot Samuel when they could have just grabbed him. The shitheads are most likely going to get one of their own ki-andddd there it is."

Amidst all the chaos, I covered Abbigale's ears and hurried down an unoccupied hall while the guards were distracted, trusting Samuel to fend for himself.

"Quick! Somebody stop him before he esca-ACK!"

I was about to turn a corner when I felt a bolt tear through my abdomen, and another penetrated my right leg, impairing my ability to move and severely angering Maxwell.

"MOTHERFUCKER!!! Ugh. Jesus fucking Christ, Carmen, you are an absolute waste of human space. Just leave the stupid fucking child or give me control because I'm not letting your dumbass get both of us killed."

Knowing that giving control to Maxwell would only make matters worse, I steadied myself on the blood-splattered wall and clutched my wounded stomach, grimacing when I felt my small intestines seeping through my bloodied fingers.

"Carmen, if you don't give me control right fucking now, I'll take your weak ass body by force and drown it in hard liquor for a whole fucking month."

Despite my rule to not converse with Maxwell when other people were present, I was unable to contain my annoyance when the creature threatened to steal my body and taint it with his revolting alcoholic concoctions.

"If you are so concerned with keeping me alive, Maxwell, do explain how poisoning me benefits you?"

I spoke with the beast as I watched Samuel maul the guard who shot me, ignoring the growing taste of wet iron in my mouth and the nauseating dizziness that clouded my mind.

"Don't get smart with me, you pompous piece of shit. It's my job to make sure that my braindead host isn't getting himself killed, and since you aren't up to the task, I'm going t-"

I held up my hand to silence Maxwell and decided to take shelter in one of the adjacent rooms, not wanting to risk being out in the open when I was too injured to outrun anyone.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going, bird-brain? If you think you can just ignore me and waltz around like a fucking idiot, you got another thing coming."

Tuning out the rest of the beast's belittling comments, I summoned my black cane for support and staggered down the hall, trying random doors until I found a room that was unlocked and stumbled inside.

From what I could deduce with a glance, I happened upon a surprisingly clean laboratory, but what caught my attention was the moonlight that was seeping through a small child-sized window in the corner of the room.

"You lucky son of a bitch."

I grinned at the fortunate turn of events and called for Samuel, not wanting to leave behind my feathery friend when freedom was right around the corner.

Without hesitation, Samuel abandoned his current victim and came soaring to my side with a caw, unfortunately also leading the guards to our location.

"There he is! Get him!"

Before the guards could reach our room, I slammed the door shut and backed away from the entrance, flinching when the guards began to shout at me and pound on the metal barrier.

"Come out with your hands up, Calvin! You have nowhere to run! Don't make this harder than it needs to be!"

The commotion made Abbigale finally uncover her eyes, who had still been hiding her face in my clothes and clinging onto me for dear life.

"M-Mr. Birdman? What's going on? W-Why are you all black and sticky? Are you okay?"

Abbigale jumped when one of the guards rammed into the door, putting a fair dent in the metal slab.

"That flimsy piece of shit isn't going to hold Carmen. I don't know why you're just standing around with your head shoved up your ass, but you better do something before I lose my patience and take over."

Wasting no time, I hastily limped to the back of the room, slid open the basement window, and pushed aside the screen filter before I turned to Abbigale with a soft smile.

"Abbigale, honey, I know you are tired and frightened, but I need you to do one last thing for me, okay?

The small child looked up at me with a whimper, the fear and confusion evident in her ocean blue eyes.

"I am going to give you a small boost so you can crawl out of this window, and then I need you to follow Samuel and obey him without question. He will lead you to some other nice grownups who might be able to help you get back home."

With each crushing blow, the door continued to cave in, and I knew it was only a matter of time until the guards broke it down.

"B-But what about you Mr. Birdman? Aren't you coming with me?"

Not wanting to worry the small child, I let out a lighthearted chuckle and patted Abbigale on her head.

"Of course, dear! It might take me a bit longer to fit through the window, but I will be right behind you!

Abbigale was still uncertain, so she held out her little finger and stared into my dark red eyes.

"Pinkie promise?"

I froze for a moment, unsure if I would be able to keep said commitment given the circumstances, but I eventually gave in and wrapped my finger around the little girl's.

"...Pinkie promise."

After the small exchange, I lifted Abbigale up and patiently waited for her to crawl through the window, peering over my shoulder every so often to check on the entrance.

When Abbigale was halfway through the opening, part of the door was bashed open by the guards, and I heard the sound of a saw revving, followed by metal cutting into metal.

"Um... Abbigale, sweetheart, do you think you might be able to go any faster?"

I anxiously watched as sparks flew from the door, unaware of the mysterious figure approaching Abbigale.

"M-Mr. Birdman? T-There's someone outside... They look s-super scary a-and..."

Abbigale suddenly trailed off, and her small form began to tremble, making my brows furrow in concern.

"Abbigale? Darling? Are you a-"

Time was in slow motion as I was interrupted by a gut-wrenching scream, and an unseen force ripped Abbigale out of my grasp and pulled her through the window.

"N-NO! DON'T TOUCH ME! L-LET GO, LET GO! M-MR. BIRDMAN!!!"

The child's muffled pleas were enough to send me into a blind rage, but before I could turn into my shadow, I felt a blunt object smash against the back of my head, and I crumpled to the floor, my vision blurring and my mind swimming with confusion, worry, and anger.

"Red Fox, this is Black Panther confirming that the target has been neutralized, over."

"Good work Black Panther. Have your team prepare the target for transport, treat his wounds, and then bring him back to the rendezvous point. If he resists, subdue him. We have orders to keep him alive for now, over out."

Despite my consciousness fading away, I still attempted to push myself to my feet, but a crushing weight came down on my back, keeping me in place.

"WILCO Red Fox, over."

The last thing I remember was pleading for Samuel to save Abbigale before Maxwell's hushed whispers filled my mind, and everything went blank.

...Pardonnez-moi, Abigaïl.

- - -

"-Lest you end up with injuries that far surpass what you can handle."

I stared at my bloodied hand and blinked, my mental fog suddenly clearing and the multitude of my injuries vanishing as my body rapidly repaired itself.

Although I was now able to recall the unfortunate series of events that nearly got me killed, instead of being enraged, I felt unusually calm, and I found myself following the hand placed on my shoulder and meeting the disappointed gaze of the old man.

So my newfound companion was capable of healing his allies? Perhaps he would be of more use than I thought, especially when coupled with the fact that I possessed powerful suppressive and offensive abilities but lacked on the defensive and restorative side.

However, by no means did this little endeavor make us friends. At most, I was in debt to the Summoned for saving my life and would return the favor in the future, but I could never visualize us becoming anything more than long-term associates.

At least we would be until I achieved my goals and decided to permanently terminate our partnership.

Nevertheless, it would still be rude of me to not thank the old man for caring to assist me after we recently allied, but before I could express my gratitude, the Summoned pulled away and left to tend his own affairs, taking the calming aura with him.

I felt floored by my returning emotions and dug my claws into my skin as the anger and grief took over.

How?! How did the old Summoned recover so quickly?! He reeked of a primordial human and behaved like one, so how did I miscalculate?! Now I looked like a bleak fool who could not even defend myself!

The longer I thought about the humiliating events that transpired, the more erratic my breathing became.

Not only has this summoning made a mockery of me, but a sapless lowlife attempted to kill me in one of the most shameful ways possible and thought they could get away with it.

And to top it all off, there were those vivid memories of...her.

The naïve child that I lost my life for.

I wanted to blame my downfall on the little girl, but the solemn image of the child forever waiting for me to return reminded me that I made a promise I could no longer keep.

...I left that poor child with nothing.

She had no parents, no home, and crushed expectations.

Why did I remember all of this now?

...And what was this dull ache in my chest?

I turned to Maxwell for answers, but the spirit was eerily quiet and staring off into the distance with a troubled look.

What was bothering the beast? Maxwell has never shown any emotions aside from annoyance, anger, and disgust, and he has yet to insult me since my awakening.

I reached out for Maxwell but eventually decided against disturbing him and instead shifted my gaze to the old Summoned, who once again found another blade to his throat.

The moment my eyes fell on the gunman, my burning hatred for the Summoned returned tenfold, and I contemplated the many ways I could bring about his demise.

Having poor mannerisms was one thing, but quite literally backstabbing me would ensure you never saw the light of day again.

When I noticed the Summoned was staring at me, I happily decided to put on a show for him and clutched my stomach, contorting my face into a conceivable grimace as I feigned being in pain.

To make my performance even more believable, I shakily stood up and limped to retrieve my cane, stumbling more than once.

Once I grew bored of the act, I stared the Summoned dead in the eye, casually picked up my cane, and wiped my bloodied mouth with my sleeve before I began to clap.

"Well, well, well! What do we have here? A treacherous Summoned with poor taste and an even poorer aim? I tell you not to cross me, and then the first thing you do is shoot me in the back? Has your mother not taught you that bringing a gun to a knife fight is foolish?"

I grinned at the gunman as I approached him and gestured to the scythe at his throat.

"How ironic that you find yourself held at blade point twice. I commend your attempt to kill me, though, even if it was distasteful."

I called Samuel to my side since he was angrily squawking at the Summoned and looking for an opportunity to attack him.

"I do advise you go for the head the next time you choose to act on your rash impulses, but I guess it would be absurd of me to assume you were capable of such feats."

Seeing the old Summoned squirm in his helpless position filled me with immense satisfaction, and my desire to mutilate the gunman only grew stronger.

"I truthfully hope you live through the upcoming siege so we may finish what we started."

My joyous tone suddenly turned sinister as my lips curled into a devilish smirk, and my eyes grew fiercely cold.

"𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕀 𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕓𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜."

Almost immediately, I reverted to my whimsical nature and laughed as if nothing was ever out of the ordinary.

"For now, though, I must bid you adieu, mon ennemi terne d'esprit! Try not to get yourself killed, haha!"

I tipped my top hat at the old Summoned and turned to the small female with a pleased grin.

"Thank you for the assistance, love. It is much appreciated."

I nodded to the female before I dismissed my cane and neatly clasped my hands behind my back as I followed after the old man, humming a jaunty tune along the way.

Eventually, I made my way over to the odd mechanical contraption that my ally resided in, but I noticed that its hatch was already closing, and I would soon be left behind if I did not react fast enough.

Morphing into my usual shadow form, I hurriedly slid up the surface of the automation and slipped inside, merging with the old man's shadow to save room.

With some departing words from my ally, the automation slowly rose off the ground until there was a loud crack, and the futuristic machinery ascended at an alarming speed.

Christ.

Thank goodness I was in my shadow.

- - -

After a brief period of comfortable silence, my restless thoughts were interrupted by a cosmic creature shouting at me from outside of the automation.

“It's malignant. Get it removed."

Before I could even begin to ponder what the entity meant, it vanished from the rainy skies, leaving me confused and Maxwell agitated for reasons unknown.

Malignant? Get what removed? How was the creature even keeping up with our transport carrier?

Chalking up the strange occurrence to the sheer insanity of this world, I sighed and went back to collecting my thoughts and patiently waiting for the automation to arrive at its destination.

...What a cumbersome day.

- - -

Last edited:
Hiba

1606354505977.png
It was a peaceful night, one could hear the sound of crickets, sign that bedtime was soon to come. Hiba was gazing into the garden, remaining on the hallway, being careful not to potentially ruin it’s grace.

“Is something the matter Hiba?” His master coming out of nowhere asked her, no matter how good her sense became, she could never hear her master footsteps.

“I was… wondering… we learn to fight… but we learn to be kind too… and be good… so why must we learn to fight too…?” Hiba began asking confused.

“Ah, I see… It’s very simple Hiba. It’s all about circumstances” the master stroked his long beard and giggled

Hiba didn’t react, she was still confused, “Master... what do you mean?”

The master giggled again “One must always show kindness and respect to others, especially those we do not know… we always welcome strangers into our temple… Of course issues arise, it is the nature of humans, but we always try to resolve them with kindness… but not everyone is willing to embrace our kindness, thus we use words and logic, it appeals to certain individuals… but sadly there are people who know only battle and violence, and for that we must be prepared to face them, for whenever kindness and words do not work, we hit them back!” the master replied by sending out a straight punch towards a punch she couldn’t react to, but narrowly missing her head and blowing her hair back… “I hope that answers your question… it’s getting late too, we’ve been training a lot today, you deserve a good rest” the master giggled, retrieving his fist and walking away almost disappearing in plain sight.

Hiba bowed in thanks and left to her room, quickly entering her bed and falling asleep…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiba expected her dreams to be the same, to be that of a vast ocean with not much inside, with eerie sounds and the scary unknown that the vast and endless ocean had, but instead… Hiba felt… crushed… or at least something pressing down on her. She quickly opened her eyes, it was dark. She could hear things: explosions, screams, shouting, sounds she couldn’t recognize. She tried to move, she was covered in rubble… she made a slight effort and lifted herself out pushing away all the rubble around her…

The next thing she saw was… confusing. She was no longer in the temple, there were people she couldn’t recognize… the sky even seemed different… She kept looking around before thinking out loud. "Where… a"

"Interactions": @ people inside Cathedral

=PRINCESS ATHENA & MIKHAIL ABRAMOV=
1606354485287.png1606354495646.png
THE ROYAL MEETING ROOM

The day had begun and progressed with the odor of death reaching even to the highest floor of the Royal Palace. With the two towering guards at her side, walking in perfect synchronization, she passed bowing servants and some of her advisors. Grey bags were under many of their eyes, and they only sent a respectful nod to her as they passed. Princess Athena walked about the halls with a domineering presence, even during what seemed like the end of Castellan on the horizon. From her bedroom, she peered out the balcony in time to witness the destroyed church erupt in smoke and dust. She dispatched the nimble advisor, Meira, to scout out the place, but the seconds she was late to report back seemed to increase by the hundreds.

Athena put her finger and thumb on her temples, taking a breath to sooth the incoming headache. The plan for Nortestra's comeback was moving along swimmingly, yet she felt lost herself! The Frostfire incident was more impactful than she initially thought; Sulric appeared to be distancing himself from her for whatever strange reason; a summoned directly in the city itself! Passing a maid, Athena waved for tea, watching as she scurried away to the kitchen.

But now was not the time to be stressing on such variables. It was starting soon, of that she was certain. After turning down a hallway, Princess Athena stopped before the Royal Meeting Room. The room was under a silence spell, preventing potential eavesdroppers; the perfect spot to discuss the counterattack. She and her guards entered to be met with the faintest scent of blood. Though much of the interior was repaired, a peculiar aura lingered. This was, after all, the place of Frostfire's passing.

Inside the meeting room, a man in a black military suit stood looking out the window beyond the once great Castellan. He turned to the princess, seemingly examining her through the blue light emanating from his hat. He offered a bow to the princess, reaching into his pocket to pull out a brooch. Athena narrowed her gaze at him before pulling out the same eagle brooch. "Mikhail, tell me everything is in order?"

The Czarsnikien chugged a cup of scotch from the table, walking around a table and smacking his lips to savor the taste. "Where is Meira?"

"I sent her to scout out the area after seeing the flash of light from the cathedral. She should be returning shortly." Her eyes couldn't find a place to settle within the room; not without allowing the flashbacks of Frostfire to intrude upon her mind. Whether Mikhail noticed or not, he simply did not care for her plights.

He nodded. "Almost all is in its rightful place. The treasury shall be filled after this siege. This operation is up to you now, Your Highness. But then there is the case of the newest summoned; right in the Castellan." He placed the crystal glass back on the table. "And I'm guessing neither of us had a contingency plan, seeing as..." He motioned his head to the window where they could look above the walls and into the battleground from their floor. Outside, chaos reigned supreme. Some powerful necromancer raised the dead of both sides. There was war again, but fought by the already deceased. "That is occurring."

Princess Athena peered outside, narrowing her gaze. Could anyone have expected this batch? "If he is as competent as you say, we needn't to worry. This matter is irrelevant to the grand scheme of things." She spoke with absolute certainty, as if she didn't want to consider the newest variables. If they would interfere with the counterattack against Mollug. If she spared any thought, she doubted she could pull free of the terror. Especially not after the... event... with Frostfire.

Mikhail took another sip of the cup, eyeing the guards. "I heard that one of the summoned saw past your special guards. Called them 'robots' as soon as he met them."

Athena nodded, walking over to one of her guards. At the wave of her hand, it kneeled down for her to grab its helmet. "Charon, I believe his name was. Fortunately, nobody seems to have bothered; especially after their audacious betrayal." With a light twist and the release of steam, the helmet came off, revealing a mess of wiring and circuits. She unplugged a small USB stick from its inner workings, then carefully placing the helmet back on. After it sealed itself, she handed the drive over to Mikhail. "There, a recording of the Frostfire incident as you have requested."

He wordlessly took it, stuffing the stick in his pocket. "And the remote?"

Princess Athena promptly pulled that out, too; a simple, compact device with a red switch on its side. She laid it flat on her hand for Mikhail to see. "The same as it was since you handed it to me."

Mikhail only nodded, sitting on a cushioned seat. "Then everything is as it should be, Your Highness. For now, continue and focus on the plan. That is paramount." With that, Mikhail left the seat, walking towards the wall. At the press of a button, a blue portal ripped through the open space which he walked through. It disappeared behind him, and Athena was alone.

Sighing once more, Princess Athena left the meeting room where the maid and the tea were waiting. The guards close behind, she took the tea and made the return to the Princess' Chambers. From the balcony she would watch above the two remaining walls and the incoming force; the battle where Nortestra's victory was inexorable, all thanks to her actions.

THE MOLLUG ARMY
BEYOND THE THIRD WARD OF CASTELLAN

The army stood at the ready, eagerly awaiting the order to advance. Underneath the hovering craft, the soldiers shivered; their face paled at the sheer size of the weapon. The helmetless troops would notice their hair levitate from static electricity, emanated from the 'gift.' It emit a low hum as it floated in place. At the forefront of the army, General Cardoza strode up on his warhorse, still marveling at the marvelous weapon they bought. His gaze also fell upon the silent men and women, the brave and loyal souls of Mollug. Their general had spent the past week dreading and anticipating this day.

"Impressive, isn't it?" Rama appeared beside Cardoza, hands tucked behind his back. He was more focused on the weapon than any of the Mollugs. One of its serrated tentacles shot at the rock before the generals, causing Cardoza to flinch back at the sudden attack. Rama maintained himself, instead stepping on the edge. "The result of a few decades of work, mountains of resources, and all the engineers we had. More specifically, it's the Sieker Model IV. But we call it 'The Coelacanth.'" The tentacle lifted Rama up to its head, allowing the general to set foot. He looked ahead with the weapon, towards the city of Castellan. "It's the Constant's proudest superweapon..."

"The Coelacanth..."
Cardoza muttered its name before turning to address his army. They all vied for the upcoming bloodshed; those who didn't had kept their composure in the back, afraid to refuse their superiors. The general couldn't help but wonder what joy they found in war. Perhaps the recent loss of Wyman was merely troubling him with unnecessary thoughts... He took a breath. "Soldiers... I am amongst you at this time, not as for my recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my kingdom, and for my people, my honor and my blood. And in this battle we shall break the enemy and bring salvation to our people, tried in the furnace of persecution, thirsting only for freedom, for righteousness, and for justice." He turned his horse forward, aiming his sword at Castellan. "Will you permit the army to escape, which has carried terror into your families? You will not. March, then, to meet him. Teach the world that penalty attends those that resist the grandeur of Mollug. The result of our efforts will be unclouded glory, and a durable peace!" General Cardoza raised his sword high as the troops burned with enthusiasm.

General Rama stared down at Cardoza, his repulsed glare masked with the golden trinket. Not that anyone would have noticed among the cheers and yells for vengeance. The Coelacanth's innards let out a mechanical groan as it began moving. "Onwards, my men. The walls of Castellan fall today!" Even with the knowledge of the summoned aiding Castellan in their matters, the Mollugs marched with absolute confidence. In Cardoza, the flame struck by the news of Wyman's passing has risen to hellfire, and only one name would bounce in his shattered mind: Sulric Trynd.

=SULRIC TRYND=
THE CATHEDRAL TO THE FRONTLINES

As General Sulric approached the ruined cathedral, he could make out several familiar faces among a mix of bizarre strangers. So the disruption was another summoning, one that took place in their very city. He could only furrow his brows at the thought of it; the previous group had already caused so much pain for him to endure...

He and the squad finally reached the destination. He looked Kotori, Wakinyan, and the rest of the old summoned in the eye, but refrained from saying anything. To reconvene unexpectedly at such a place... and what of the troops he assigned to watch over them? A brief glance to the side gave the answer. "Captain Greymourne?" He trudged over to her and the knight beside, then glaring back at the old summoned. He shook his head with solemn disapproval. Who was he to expect they listen? "I can take a guess as to how you two ended up here." Then he turned his attention to the new faces; the ones summoned here at the cathedral. From the two witches and the more science-y looking men, he couldn't make of what to think. "Greymourne, are these summoned hostile?"

But before he could say anything else, all around rose an onslaught of undead from both sides; to fight yet again. He drew his sword in sudden panic as did many of his men, but quickly realized that they ignored everyone in the cathedral. As they darted past Sulric and the small squad of Nortestrans, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of anger and repulsion. "Not even the dead can rest peacefully." Sulric looked in the direction they were running... and froze. Mouth agape, a flash of shock surged in his eyes. It wasn't the undead's explosions as they fought each other for a second time; it was beyond that. Mass clouds of fog had appeared, and it was encroaching on Castellan like a tsunami.

"General? What's the matter?"

"What is that fog?"

Even with his one eye, he could barely make out what his troops could not. It flashed with electricity, revealing a silhouette in the mist for a split second. It was far, far bigger than the dragon, Hodir. The terror in his face melted as fast as it appeared, and he turned to the captain. "Greymourne, gather your troops! Castellan is being invaded!" He looked back at his petrified squad. "All of you regroup with the main force. You'll meet the Mollugs on the soil of our home land and fight as a unified kingdom!"

The troops shouted, "Aye!" and ran back to the second wall. At the same time, the alarm bells on the wall rung again. This time, faster and louder as the fog spread across Castellan.

As he looked back at the grey mist, his brows furrowed. To an outsider, he would have appeared brimming with confidence. In reality, he was worried. Nortestra's worn army stood no chance against whatever Mollug had up their sleeve.. There wasn't enough time for him to assert the new summoned's alignments. He could only turn to the ones he had a feeling with make due on their word. "Kotori, Wakinyan, Ivan, everyone... If you truly have Nortestra at heart, then I implore of you to help repel the invasion. For all of our sakes." His wife and son came to mind. Why now? Why were their faces appearing to him now? He shook his head. "I will take Hodir to fly out and battle their general, Cardoza. Only then, will each of us find closure..."

He stepped away from the group and cathedral. Hodir was left alone in Castellan's army barracks, told to remain there until signs of Mollug appeared. Sulric looked to the Grand Palace, waiting for the dragon to make its entrance.

And he delivered. The beast flew over the Royal Palace, diving down the front of the castle and pulling above the streets of Castellan—still untouched by Mollug's destruction. Citizens would recognize it as the elder dragon, Hodir, formerly in contract with General Wyman Ademar of Mollug. Currently in contract with General Sulric. Some like Voorjaar would have felt the gusts of wind from his descension.

The lava dragon drew nearer, crashing into the floor in front of General Sulric and kicking up clouds of dust. As it cleared up, Hodir towered over the general, snarling patiently. He briefly eyed everyone in the cathedral. "More of them..." he grumbled. Sulric, unchanging in his countenance, simply gestured for Hodir to lower his head. He did as told, allowing Sulric to hop on the elder dragon's neck.

Sulric gave one last look at Captain Greymourne and the rest of the summoned before giving Hodir another order. He growled once more, spreading his crimson wings out to lift them into the air. The cathedral was also hit with powerful gusts of wind from Hodir's flight, though decreasing as they rose higher and higher. With a fiery roar, Sulric rode the dragon towards the mist. It would be soon that he would come face-to-face with Cardoza Ademar, loving father to the general he slew in the previous siege.

The fog came to a sudden slow. The first to emerge from the depths of grey were cavalry, soldiers, mages, all adorned in black and gold and yelling with the highest of morale. They raised their weapons and charged into Castellan.

Then it erupted from the cloud. Fog and steam flew from its mouth. It released a series of metallic bellows of machinery—far beyond what Nortestra or Mollug's technological capabilities—as it floated through the air, slithering like a snake. It stared directly at the second wall of Castellan, seemingly starved for destruction. On its smiling head stood a man of white and gold, who seemingly multiplied into several translucent versions of himself, their bows drawn. Bolts of lightning cackled from the sides of the mechanical serpentine. Following its emergence were multiple serrated tentacles, able to slice armies in half with enough force. Electricity coursed through its veins and body, visible through its translucent hide. More of it drifted out the fog, yet its body wasn't yet fully visible; it must have spanned thousands of meters and more. The Coelacanth has shown itself.

1606354536849.png

With the appearance of the strange flying machine Charon started bouncing from foot to foot. He had said that he would get these people to the second wall, but there was a large ass battle starting. The android soon decided, fuck it, they were close enough to the wall to handle themselves. With a shout of "Time to kill Mollugs!" he began running back to where Greymourne was. He had an idea, and it needed her powers.

Within the protected confines of the Assault Armor's cockpit Yunica's jaw dropped open. What she had seen of the world so far had not prepared her for anything resembling advanced technology to show up, but yet here it was aiding Mollug in their attack. With a start she realized she was getting a communication from Charon, his voice shaking her from her stunned surprise.

"Tell the captain that Imma going to need her to be a catapult! I'm incoming right now!"

More than a little confused, the clone nevertheless went to do as she was asked, watching the flying machine for any signs of attacks heading their way. "Um, miss knight, Charon's saying something about coming back here as he needs you to be a catapult?"

Juju Juju

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Above Cathedral Neighborhood. Theme: Astral Plane (Combat Mode)
Interactions: Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Professor Membrane) Juju Juju (Gloop, Kotori, Wakinyan) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan)​

"Now that is clearly the enemy." Caedmon notes decisively as the fog descends over the ruined third wall as some kind of giant tentacle mechanical monster floats over it. An army of soldiers charges out from under the fogbank with clear hostile intent towards the city that Caedmon had agreed to defend. Removing his glasses, Caedmon floats high up into the air above the cathedral neighborhood and begins the mental processing to engage the network in combat. He shows no reaction as a colossal dragon flies by him with a warrior of some sort riding on it. "Astral network initiating in... 3...2...1..."

The psychic network comes fully online with the individuals holding psicrystals. Through Caedmon's eyes they see a reality where the psychic and spiritual are not only visible but brilliantly vibrant, but the physical is dulled and distant. Even chains of telepathic communication appear as wisps crisscrossing the battlefield. The rhinoceros' psychic presence shines brilliantly in the ESPer's view, obscuring its physical form except for a brilliant spiritual horn. They also gain the ESPer's precognitive danger sense and feel that they can manifest their powers at each other's location. The very concept of location seems to blur on the network allowing each participant switch locations with each other. Caedmon indicates that he'll raise a protective shield over them as needed.

"Mission objective is to defend the civilian city." Caedmon states over the psychic network, looking over the battlefield from this new vantage. He folds his arms as he scowls at the giant tentacle machine. "The enemy's charge is reliant on their large siege machine to break the wall. If we destroy their siege machine it should force a retreat. Alternatively, we could outmaneuver them and attack their unguarded flank. If we destroy their supply chain it will undermine their efforts to take the city. A siege machine of that size should require significant upkeep. Will the defenses hold? Destroying the terrain to break their charge would allow more time to focus fire on the siege machine." If they blocked the army's advance would the siege machine contiune without support? That would be the ideal outcome. He was sensing high morale and overconfidence from the enemy.

Last edited:
Professor Membrane (interacting soon)

The Flagellant (interacting soon)

Yamcha (The Current Post)

War Post:

Yamcha’s awakening:

Man.... what hit him so hard on the head that he had been unconscious for hours now... it almost felt like it was the young Goku himself who hat punched him right on the back of the head.. so hard that he has been knocked out for quite a while now and accompanied with a splitting headache. Still, he hope it wasn’t some strong foe or embarrassingly enough... a rock that knocked him out... honestly, he was lucky that no one would have saw that, considering he has gone off to somewhere secluded within the mountains to train up his techniques and make new fighting styles in a attempt to get stronger. Still, he couldn’t even feel his body at all, not even his senses, such as his ki sense. But, for some reason... it felt like.... something as injecting information into his brain... weird things, such as a landscape definitely not that of Earth, much more different in shape... as well as other information he doesn’t even remember thinking about it even having a clue within the deepest part of his memories... honestly, he could have thrown this out as some weird dream if it weren’t for the circumstances behind it.

And just like that, began the journey that Yamcha unwillingly went on started now... as
he finally woke up from his unconscious state, his face meeting the cold stone ground, letting out a small grunt as he slowly pushed the upper half of his body off the ground and begin inspecting his environment... to which was still blurry in his vision. “Wh.... where am I?” he questioned to himself, as he thought he could have seen several figures during his inspection of his surroundings, but Yamcha’s vision eventually began clearing up the more he kept his eyes open, now focusing on getting his body back up from the ground now. And unlike the blurry vision from waking up, his body surprisingly obeyed his command, and got back up to his two feet rather quickly. And with that, like cards finally being dropped onto place on a table, his vision returned back to normal functions, and he finally got to take in his environment in full, which was out of all the things he would have expect today.... this wasn’t something he had in mind.

He was apparently in some rundown stone building, he couldn’t tell yet what it was, but also many other strangers not only within the area itself, but also outside within a good distance as well... either with weird clothing and army that not only reminded him of the medieval days, but also something from a sci-fi movie, and the weapons even stranger. “Oh great.... not only I was knocked out by something, had a strange dream, but also ended up who knows where on Earth in some... costume convention... maybe I should go try talking to someone if they know more about this place... I could probably find a way back to Goku and the rest... unless... no that is impossible.” as he thought to himself... was he in a different planet? The mere thought of it was something that a many people would call false, but this was clearly very strange with being knocked up and apparently waking up at what he assumed was a cosplay convention... but the more he thought about it, the more it came to him that he was realizing the truth.

Still, maybe he could ask someone around here for help, hopefully confirming the suspicions about the dream he had, and as he inspected the individuals around, he decided to go with the least intimidating one to him... which was still intimidating considering that he was still in a strange new area
as well as his apparent fear of the- ignoring those thoughts, he decided to go walk up to the individual, which was a green eyed, white haired woman with strange clothing, reminding him of something akin to that of martial arts clothing... but more suited for the opposite gender. Gathering his courage to speak to women was a tough thing, and even though his time with Bulma had toughen him up a bit... he could still return back to the stammering wreck he used to be with the right actions and words... ‘Hopefully this goes correctly’ he thought to himself, as he tried to get the attention of the white haired woman by doing a small ‘ahem’. Afterwards, he started talking “Greetings there miss, I was uh, wondering if you knew about the name of this place and the people here, because I seem to be confused for after waking up here, and need to know more about this place...” he said, still in his normal tone, as he continued to look at the others in the background while waiting for an response. He wasn’t sure if this was the right idea to do right now... but might as well try and try again for now, though he did start hearing some strange noises outside, but he decided to put it away for later.

Solirus Solirus

Lukas Nephus
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Third Ward Ruins Theme: Heal - ICO (Axvo Remix)
Interaction(s): Solirus Solirus (Jason) Mentions: YsFanatic YsFanatic (Charon)

Lukas watched with tired eyes as the android rushed off in excitement shouting about how it was time to kill the enemy soldiers. He knew the type. They always claimed to be defending...protecting...safeguarding...but what they were passionate about was killing. Legal murder. That's what war was. If this siege was broken and the tides of war turned, no doubt these desperate civilians fleeing for their lives now would cheer for the mass murder of civilians on the other side. Perhaps it had already happened. Back and forth, war was a self fulfilling prophecy of hostility and hatred. It wouldn't end when one side was obliterated. They would always find an 'other' to malign. It was inevitable because, despite the righteous propaganda, it was the domination and violence that motivated them.

Lukas turns his eyes to the undead shambling nearby. Even the rest of death was taken from them. He took in a deep breath and exhaled. Instantly all of the zombies within half a mile crumbled to dust. A second later explosions erupted across the area as the magic animating them imploded. Quietly, Lukas turned from the advancing front intending to step back into the half collapsed shop but found himself facing a figure in a bizarre outfit. Was that a wizard's hat?

"Are you a necromancer?" Lukas asks softly with dulled eyes.

Professor Membrane (Current post)

The Flagellant (interacting soon)

Yamcha (Post done)

War Post:

Professor Membrane:

It wasn’t long, before their conversation was interrupted by that of a sudden rushing fog arriving to the capital, as well as the craziest thing his mind could have thought of today... apparently some combination of not only a snake like tentacle arms attached to some large creature with him the fog, but also mechanical in nature. “Interesting.... if I have to say so myself... and if what your saying it’s true... then we must prepare to fight the enemy.” he said to his allies as Caedmon said his sentence, preparing to enter combat for the first time within this ‘dream’, and actually have something much more exciting than the past moments as of recently here. Well, standing here and waiting for the army to arrive at your doorstep isn’t going to be very effective since your letting them gain all this time to prep up for the perfect attack, even with an ambush on either side, and since they still need to lessen the amount of casualties on their side, bringing the fight to them was the best course of action as of now... plus, other than the large and beautiful work of metal within the sky, they may not have the proper weaponry to take down someone such as Membrane who could attack afar from the sky.

“Now... it is time to take action and charge straight ahead towards them... in about 10.4 seconds... takes time for these jet boots to activate properly... or maybe I haven’t changed the fuel cells as of recently...” he mumbled to himself, not realizing the boots were already prepared to start up now... but being snapped out of it when the new sensation arrived to his brain... new things he didn’t think were possible were messing with his mind. Everything seemed.... much more different... things appearing much more in a strange and bright form than the normal physical sight he was used to... which was one of many other clues about something being wrong here that makes it not a dream... but the only one which seemed to had at least some impact on him, before quickly ignoring it to focus on the other newly gained functions he had. He felt like he could do much more than he already can... as well as sending the locations of the others within his mind... strange... but useful, as he received over the psychic network about what to do next.

‘Interesting, I must inspect this much further later....’ Membrane thought to himself, listening to Caedmon’s words about their objective, as well as possibly destroying their siege machine. But right now, focusing on the much smaller targets would be key here, well for him, since while the siege beast can pull its own weight by itself, and cause heavy damage, the army itself would also be a problem that must be taken out quickly as well, perhaps at the same time as someone handling the siege beast so that it would lessen the amount of work they would have to do. So communicating over the network, Membrane said “Focusing on both at once would be key here, especially if we have backup as well to aid us in our assault. Strike them hard and quickly before they least expect it, I will target the main army from above and fire down high-intensity lasers from my arms, most preferable at their weaker middle to back ranks, you guys choose your own targets but hurry, for we must attack them before they have a chance of reaching the wall.” Membrane finished, and with those words he then took a couple steps back, before going off into a sprint, then jumping into the air. And with that, his boots activated, as he now began to slowly ascend into the sky using the jet boots, gaining more and more height until he reached the perfect amount of distance just so that arrows wouldn’t be able to hit him in the air.

“Executing my plan as of now, I suggest you hurry up now.” Membrane said once more over the comms, then pointing his arms downwards at the charging wave of primitive soldiers below, quite foolish and overconfident for a army... as he removed the gloves upon his arms and put them away, not wanting to get them destroyed in the process.... as he now aimed the arms below him, searching for a perfect area to fire upon, as blue beams of light began to appear within the front of both arms... as he now prepared to rain he’ll from above.

Kaihaku Kaihaku Juju Juju Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Reisen.jpg
Zasha
Interactions: Juju Juju YsFanatic YsFanatic Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Kaihaku Kaihaku
Zasha's eyes widened as she watched the massive mechanical serpent slithering in the sky, her surprised expression splitting into a grin of excitement. Millions of observational data pinged through her ARMS fortress, analyzing the surface of the massive monstrosity. No biological traces, which meant it could be repurposed and reused. It was easily several thousand tons of new metals to throw into her fabricators, with a surplus to spare. She could easily replenish every single material she needed to finish construction on her remaining mechs, and have metal to spare to fabricate bullets, missiles, and guns. That thing could be used in so many different ways with enough to get so many of her projects kick started. Not to mention, she could simply replace the A.I. of that thing if it proves to be too uncooperative with her attempts to hack it.

There was no doubt this was a machine made by a summoned. These backwater primitives with their swords and shields weren't even capable of manufacturing that beast of steel and lightning. But whoever made it was sloppy in its defenses. No traces of kinetic shields or ablative armor. Its energy cannons were meant to fire a single direction without a rotary device to aim it. Those tentacles were gonna be a bother to handle depending on their speed, but what she was concerned with was that old bastard on the dragon going ahead of her, basically flying to his death without a plan. Seriously. These fantasy types are always going off doing stupid shit with honor and valor bullshit when they could just be swatted by one of those tentacles. Fucking dammit, why the hell is everything always so complicated with these annoying bastards. In a perfect world, she'd ride a missile up to its head and figure out where the hell they kept the command uplink for the A.I. and she'd assume direct control of the siege weapon. She'd turn that sucker around and blow up the Mollug with a symphony of missiles and her hijacked super weapon.

But no, this wasn't by any means a perfect world. So she rolled with the punches instead. First, get rid of the pilot, if there even was one. Her eyes focused and saw a man at the helm of the monster, with several identical copies of himself by his side. Great, more of that shit. She tries to snipe one, and they'll scatter like ants. No, she'll need to go up there herself and beat the bastard controlling it into the ground. If he has the keys to controlling it, then she'll pry it from his broken body after she's done beating him within an inch of his life. Castellan would be interested in talking to someone who can control a behemoth like that after all.

After staring at the massive monster for a few more seconds to let her targeting reticules settle into potential weak spots, she turned her head at the gathered summoned and Greymourne.

"See that thing?" Zasha pointed at the Coelacanth, addressing everyone gathered. "That big bastard is mine. I don't give a shit about your rewards once we get this cluster fuck sorted, but I want that thing's corpse as my sole property. In exchange," her grin widened dangerously, "I'll steer that big boy straight back at Mollug's army."

The fortress roared to life as several thousands of missiles exploded out from her hammerspace towards the Mollug army. The sky was blotted in a sheen of silver and steel, trails of fire glowing blue as they surpassed the speed of sound five times over. Over 10,000 hellfire missiles occupied Castellan airspace, under Zasha's full control.

Her hair fluttered as the down draft of the massive missile salvo commenced, watching them all materialized and fly into the sky. She grinned and materialized a pair of aviators. "Don't get caught in the artillery strike. It ain't my problem if you get pasted across the streets." The bunny girl cackled, running towards the Coelacanth. With a front flip into the air, a missile materialized underneath her, as it joined the massive swarm of explosives, with several hundred more flanking behind her. The main missile rain locked on as she painted every Mollug soldier with a missile, and an additional precept to lock into unaffected targets from the initial salvo, while she surfed her missile and its escort of 20 towards the Coelacanth, where Rama stood.

This was her element. The chaos of a battlefield, the destruction of warfare. Armies marched underneath her and a superweapon floated above them like looming death. It was a constant reminder of her past and how she could never truly live without the adrenaline of war. She preferred the orange and warm glow of a fireball in the horizon as her sunset and the explosions of nuclear blast as her sunrise. Her body was war forged, tuned to gun fire and missile rain. She lived and breathed this very moment, and for once, she truly felt release as she heard the first of many explosions in the distance.

Time. She needed more time. In the past, she would have committed at least a century to this task. It had been clear that she would have hurry here but she thought that she would have more time. Months? At least days. Instead not even hours. She hadn't even gotten to a library yet. Had Virtue summoned them such a short time before the invasion intentionally? Or had the invasion been moved up due to their intervention? The open displays of power that had been meant to intimidate both sides may instead have provoked to action.

In all of this the Lich, at least, made sense. To it's kind the mind of the living was a foreign thing and the dead were the resource with which it wrought it's will on the world. It was the others who surprised and disappointed her with their flagrant use of power. Perhaps it would work for them here. They might well win the field. But it would matter in the future. The arrogance to think they could conquer an unknown world by the brute force application of their own personal power. To intimidate a populace into submission was to invite rebellion, corruption, cowardice, and ineptitude. Such followers were more burden than asset. It was better to inspire them to a cause. Then they would freely give their all with loyalty, integrity, courage, and excellence.

"Lead by example, not by force. Treat the warriors under your charge as your beloved children and they will follow you to the ends of the earth." The new voice was elegant, with a polished veneer, but marred by hoarseness. It was fitting for this new form. She had chosen Dezgheţ as the base persona but would have to take care to act with more charm and class than was usual for the cause's champion. "The best outcome is to capture the enemy army whole and intact. To shatter and destroy them is to waste resources that will belong to the victor."

She turned, evaluating her new form in the mirrors of reflective ice that she'd formed around her. Yes. She was ready. Virtue may not have given her the time she needed but, somehow, she had cobbled it together. In chaos there was opportunity. Prepared or not, she would not waste this moment.

Her shoulder length hair was bound neatly on one side by a hairclip. The other was unbound, hanging limply now but it would soon blow in the winds of the battlefield. Her head was crowned with silver. Her elegant figures were marred by a vicious burn. One eye burnt with blue embers of frozen flame. The other was surrounded by burn scars - dull and lifeless. One arm hung limply as if crippled. The beautiful dress ended in ragged tears. In these things it was important to be dramatic. Subtlety was lost in the chaos of a battlefield.

This form was a hammer. A blunt instrument with which she would shatter the monarchy's deceit and take a step closer to the hidden truth. It was also a hammer which would shake the defenders of this city from their despair and inspire them to rally in defense of their homeland. That was the plan at least.

She was aware of the many ways it could go wrong. Time. She needed more time but there was no more time. She could sense that the decisive moment was now. If she failed here she would quit this nation and start anew elsewhere.

-------​

"The construct... It's going to hit the wall!" The young soldier shouted in a panic, his voice hoarse from too many nightmare plagued nights and slurred with fatigue.

"We have to hold...for the people." An older solider, no less fatigued, growled back as he raised a spear to hurl at the massive construct. He knew it was a useless gesture but he'd reach Farra as a brave warrior not a coward.

"What will that do?!" The young soldier stumbled back from the edge of the wall. They were completely out of their league. "Lord Sulri..."

"He's riding that dragon he tamed to take the enemy general to Merde!" The older soldier snapped back, weighing his spear as he waited for the construct to come within throwing range. "We have to hold on our own!"

The young solider stumbled back a few steps as he braces for the impact. It was too late to run.

Caught in the heat of the moment, neither notice the figure that quietly them from behind nor the flurries of snow that had begun to form in the air.

A hand gently touches the young soldier's shoulder, bracing him, as an elegant voice says reassuringly, "Do not be afraid. I will speak with it and persuade it to spare this city more suffering."

The young soldier turns to look behind him and gasps out, "....you...but you...."

The older soldier, focused on his spear throw, spares only a quick backwards glance that catches only the shadow of a figure. "Who you talking to?"

"You were killed!" The young soldier finally gets out.

"No friend, the assassins extinguished my flame and left me near death but I survived the enemy's machinations..." The figure answers as it begins to advance to the embrasure of the battlement, gliding across the stone with a stride that would have been more in place in a ballroom,"It was the plan of Lady Meira and her highness that I remain in hiding until the enemy revealed themselves."

"Your face..." The young solider murmurs as the figure passes him.

"Who in Merde are you talking to?" The older soldier snaps as finally turning to get a better look at the newcomer. The soldier then nearly drops his spear as he sees the figure, "Lady Frostfire?!"

"Only the Frost remains, friend. The Mollug assassins extinguished my Fire." The figure replies calmly as she reaches the embrasure.

FrostVoorjaar.png
Frostf̷̥̥̖̤̮̝̯̥͉̼́͊̃͌̒͆͗͘͠ḯ̷̧͂̐̔͌̈́͠ŗ̴̰̬̟̬̯̰͚͉͗̊͝é̵̙̖̾̊̊
(Mother Voorjaar)

Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Rook) Theme: The Heart of a Queen feat. Felicia Farerre

She does not shout yet her voice carries across the distance. A trick of magic she had learned long ago. It would be a disgrace for someone of noble personage to scream out orders over a battlefield. Indeed it was better to never issue orders. If someone truly thought of you as an authority it should never take more than a request. There were exceptions, of course, but mostly to snap someone out of hysteria.

"Rook. Your tireless service to the crown honors us but we must request further efforts of you. Our enemy, the King, has unleashed a worthy foe on the field behind you." She steps up onto the embrasure and gestures with her good arm towards the Coelacanth at the head of the advancing army. Even from here, fifteen miles distant, the colossal flying warmachine was clearly visible. "Would you serve the Queen now? Would you defeat this foe?"

Last edited:
Jason

Finally after a bit of wandering around I finally made it to where Lukas was. He turned around and looked confused, asking if I was a necromancer… “no” I responded clearly almost as if my mask didn’t muffle the sound of my voice.

He still looked confused… does he not recognize me… oh wait…

With a simple thought my attire disappeared, “I’m not a necromancer but I can do this… pretty neat no?... you were asking because of the undead around us no?” I asked again before being interrupted by the arrival of what I could describe as, a giant fish that you find at the bottom of the ocean with an unnecessarily long tail… “So do we have to deal with that now?” I asked pointing at the creature before thousands of missiles seemingly out of nowhere hit the giant thingthing…

“HM I GUESS NOT!…” I screamed trying to not let my voice get drowned out by the subsequent explosions.

Interactions: Kaihaku Kaihaku
Mentions: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim StaidFoal StaidFoal

Lukas Nephus
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Half Demolished Shop in Third Ward Ruins.
Interaction(s): Solirus Solirus (Jason) Juju Juju (Goodest Boi)

"Ah... Jason, it's you." Lukas says with a hint of relief, he had been bracing himself for a conflict but fortunately it was a friend instead. A living necromancer would have been trouble for him but if it had been undead... Well, there would be one less necromancer in this world. Lukas would not end someone's life but unlife was a different matter entirely. "That's some outfit. Are you a wiz..."

Lukas' words are lost in the cacophony of explosions. He turns to look and then, after a moment, turns back. They didn't need to kill all those soldiers. They probably could have forced a retreat, even a surrender, by unleashing that destructive fury in front of the enemy force. But these were the same people who casually incinerated a city block. The extreme violence was their point.

"I just can't stand here doing nothing." Lukas says when the sound dies down enough that they can hear each other again. He hated being so powerless. It's true that he could heal those soldiers but then they'd just be killed again or they'd win the battle. If they won, they would sack the city. Soldiers did terrible things when they had civilians at their mercy. This was getting to him. He needed to do something concrete, task completion would help him focus. "I think I'm going to make something to eat. You hungry?"

Lukas then walks back into the half collapsed shop and makes his way to the kitchen. It was in terrible shape but the oven was only half buried. Even better the food hadn't spoiled either. It looked like the shop's pantry had some kind of preservation spell on it. Lukas was use to refrigeration so it was a bit strange to feel warm eggs, meat, and so on. He begins to clear away the debris from the top of the oven and takes a look at it's heating mechanism. Oh good. It had a bound fire elemental. That simplified things. Now what to make. He needed to look at the stock in the pantry again.

"Fido! Are you hungry?" Lukas calls out as he walks back over to the pantry. He pulled out a soup bone and turned to see if the dog was still around. If Fido had left, he'd make soup. If Fido were still around, he'd make something else.

Last edited:
BASTION FORTRESS
de9gbey-9afa346b-62ee-4ba8-aee8-242c250a5c82.jpg

Bastion stood on the top of the space station staring into the darkness that was enveloping the world below. In minutes the planet was covered in the black fog and slime of the great destroyer. Bastion cackled as he realized that his fists would be worthless here. He was standing on the station and not drifting away thanks only to the false gravity boots he was wearing. They were the only thing other than his pants he was wearing. His shirt having been torn to shreds during an earlier fight with minions of the Great Destroyer. His comrades had retaken the station at last from the creatures. And yet now that he stood outside the station, watching the horror beneath him unfold, Bastion realized that there might not be a chance against what consumed the world below. He howled into the void, his fists clenched as he brought himself into a low posture, legs bent and arms flexed and curled. The massive muscles of his limbs bulged in the vacuum of space, and yet he was unphased, the bare heat of the nearby suns and the cold of the emptiness hitting him at the same time as the pressure of space. He didnt even feel it.

“Bastion what's going on out there!? We’ve lost contact with everything below? Bastion?!”

Bastion held a hand up to his earpiece and said with an emptiness he didnt recognize, “The planet is lost Gregory. We need to leave now if we want to live even an hour longer. I can see it being devoured right now.” This was all hopeless, this is only one of the Great Destroyer’s many tendrils. His father’s many hands were spread throughout their universe, crushing planet after planet, army after army. Bastion had destroyed worlds, he'd fought armies, killed great warriors. And yet this was beyond violence. This was annihilation.

Bastion turned away, seeing no joy in the battle that was taking place on the world beneath him. He was walking away, through the cold and the heat and the pressure, the darkness around him getting darker as star after star was consumed in the distance. Everything was ending all around them. They needed to run. For the first time Bastion knew that. For the first time, Bastion would flee. The weapon the station held was enough to destroy half a planet in an instant. And yet the force that was arrayed against them was far more massive than anything Bastion had ever comprehended. As he trudged through the vacuum towards the hatch that would get him back inside the station, Bastion felt a pull at him from behind. He looked over his shoulder and his eyes widened. His father was standing right there, right behind him. For the first time since he had left Earth all those millenia ago he was seeing his only parent.

“Bastion… Been a while hasn't it hehe… How've you been my son? You’ve done your job well, youve fought for long enough. Now it is time to submit heheh…” His teeth bared, Bastion turned around and stared with eyes that held only hatred. This was the being who had brought him into existence, the one who had manipulated him and made him his key into their world. He had born Bastion into the void simply so he could destroy his existence. He wanted to kill everything Bastion had ever known. Eyes flaring with rage at the sight of his parent, Bastion forgot everything about running and turned around. This was his last target, his last fight most likely. Bastion began to jog towards the figure that represented the Great Destroyer, then he began to run, and soon he was sprinting fists clenched to the point they made a vacuum in the vacuum of space. His strength had never been greater and Bastion still knew that he was going to die. The sheer power and malevolence that radiated from the man before him was beyond anything Bastion had ever known.

Then he reached him. His fist connected with his father’s face directly in the center, right on the bridge of his nose. And Bastion’s father leaned into it. The blow broke all of Bastion’s fingers, the very same fingers that had once lifted a mountain to throw at an enemy army. Bastion did not care however and brought the other fist down on his father’s face with even more force this time. This time the blow really connected and The Great Destroyer stumbled backwards, black blood seeping from it’s destroyed nose. Bastion clenched both fists and doubled down, sending blow after blow directly towards his father. The Destroyer reacted now, playing with Bastion, deflecting blow after blow after blow. Strike after strike was redirected and sent away from the two of them. Bastion began to use his portal abilities sending fists flying from every single conceivable direction, trying to crush the great foe as quickly and as surely as possible. It was not enough by any means.

Bastion threw fist after fist at his father and slowly but surely less and less of them were finding their mark, the two of them darting from one side to another, flying about the space station at incredible speeds, craters and explosions from their strength clashing erupting all over the orbiting palace. It was like one of those sick anime mecha battles except better. However in this story the good guys would not win. Bastion skidded to a stop a distance away from his father, who was now simply striding towards Bastion, a massive smile plastered on his face as he slowly killed his only son. Suddenly his father disappeared from view and reentered Bastion’s vision as a fist obscuring his entire vision. The blow from the fist sent Bastion rocketing into an antenna tower, nearly sending him flying off the space station. Bastion roared with fury and with a sonic boom that couldn't be heard because duh they're in space, he slammed right back into his father, his fist punching right through his chest.

This was no end to the battle however, as his father simply punched Bastion right out of him. Bastion smashed into the hull of the station, his fist sliding out of his father’s new chest cavity as he hit the ground. Bastion slowly got to his feet, blood leaking from his eyes, mouth, nose and ears. The station beneath him was slowly being covered in the black fog from the planet below and Bastion no longer heard anything on his comms. Either they had fled or died, neither really mattered to Bastion, he was in a fight for his life; A fight he was losing.

Bastion snarled and struggled to his knees, black blood hovering about him in the void. Bastion’s father approached once more, the hole in his chest repairing itself to the point where it looked like it had never existed. The suit his father wore was immaculate and untouched. His father then proceeded to punch Bastion several times, forcing him back down to the floor. Then he adjusted his tie and took several steps away. “Do you know why I'm doing all of this Bastion?” He asked as he watched Bastion once again struggle to his knees. “Cuz you're a psychopathic killing machine? Parents dropped you once or twice? I don't know pa, all I know is you’re destroying everything.” He responded. Bastion’s father shook his head and put his arms behind his back. “Wrong. I'm saving everything Bastion. There is a calamity of untold proportions coming. It's almost here in fact. The end of everything. But I can survive it, I and whoever accepts my embrace.” Bastion watched with suspicious eyes, tired of all the lies. “How can I trust you? You envelop worlds in your embrace and they cease to be anything but you. You're just another source of destruction.”

Bastion got to his feet and cracked his neck several times with a roll of his shoulders. He raised his fists and said. “I don't need you to save me, never have. Now let's get back to fighting so I can crack your skull a couple times. This shit is so satisfying.”

Bastion’s father sighed and smiled. “This is why I love you Bastion. All you want to do is fight, doesnt matter if the end is right in front of you, carnage until the end. Very well, let us crack skulls hehe…” They launched at each other at exactly the same time, both of their fists smashing into each other’s cheeks at the same time. They both flew back but Bastion’s father recovered first, leaping back into the fight with a knee to Bastion’s belly.Bastion grunted and coughed up blood before another fist sent him flying further back across the space station. Bastion’s father then reached out as Bastion flew right off the edge of the space station, a massive black claw reaching out to grab Bastion out of the void. Right as the claw approached Bastion a flash appeared in the distance.

“Oh gods no…” Bastion heard escape his father’s mouth. Bastion had a feeling this might be the end as the flash approached through the void. It touched Bastion just as his father’s hand was about to reach him. And suddenly everything was white. As everything changed color, Bastion could hear a scream from his father’s voice. Pain and loss filled it’s timbre, and Bastion thought to himself as he faded from existence, “So he did care?”

Bastion woke up on the floor of a ruined cathedral with a jolt, finding foreign thoughts from Virtue filling his mind. The cathedral was empty save for several other figures. They were talking and appeared not to have noticed Bastion. He was sitting up now and he slowly got to his feet as he realized he was not dead. He was fully alive in fact! He stood up straight and stretched. A laugh escaped his breath as he realized Virtue had saved him. Saved him from his father’s embrace in fact. And yet somehow Bastion was sad at the same time he was joyous. His father was gone, only revealing his love for his son at the very end.

Bastion got up and walked up to the individuals chatting, a tall man in a cloak, an albino witch looking girl and another witch looking girl with purple hair. He held up a hand and said, “Hellooooo there, whats up? Im Bastion Fortress, might you be the other Summoned Virtue mentioned? Do you know of any battles nearby I could engage myself in? He smiled widely.

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat

IVAN FEDERICO

Ivan touched the wound Carmen’s pigeon had inflicted upon him. It oozed blood still and didn't look nice. He winced as his finger touched it, then he slid his pants down again over the wound and shrugged. He’d have a medic or a healer look at it later. He looked at Clementine for a moment expectantly, but the look on her face gave him no confidence in her abilities. Then he shrugged and said, “It's alright we can look at the wound later. I just got a message that the forces of Mollug are on the move. Can you guys come with me.” He then turned and faced Bastion, looking the man up and down, a little unnerved at his strange face and the consistency of his flesh. “You look a little strange but I'll trust you for right now. Do you understand what you are?” Bastion nodded and looked Ivan dead in the eyes. “I understand What I am and I'm loving it.” He flexed his arm muscles and pointed both fingers at Ivan. “If you guys are boutta fight somebody I'm very in. Just show me who to kill.” Ivan sighed and realized the man was a battle maniac. Well better to have them on their side.

The battle maniac looked around expectantly and laughed, “So where's the fight???” Ivan looked at him with a mixture of disdain and confusion. “Well, they'll be coming to us I think, but basically we’re fighting the Mollugs, they've got black and red armor. We’re fighting alongside the Nortestrans, they've got red and gold armor.” He looked at the two witches, and said “We’re fighting a fight for survival here, don't expect mercy from the Mollugs. You two don't have to fight though, you can leave if you want, You're not really involved yet so you could just go. No need to fight in a war lol.” Ivan then turned and exited the Cathedral through the main door, seeing that the forces of Nortestra had gathered. They were also now departing. It turned out the Mollugs were on the brink of wreaking havoc in what was left of Castellan. So now it was up to the Summoned to even the odds.

As he exited he waved for the last person in the cathedral he had seen, a girl with grey hair that was fairly cute but had a monstrous aura. He beckoned for her to come with the rest of them. As Ivan took his first steps in the direction of where the Nortestran army was amassing, he was confronted with the first real use of the Psi-Crystal Caedmon had given him. A heads up display of sorts appeared, detailing the life forces of those holding the crystals. He also instantly learned the name of Professor Membrane, whom he sent a telepathic hello to after several moments of trying to comprehend the scientist’s emotions. It seemed that the man believed he was still in a dream. Ivan tried to tell him that he wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. But he was unsure if the scientist heard or even understood.

After a bit of time trekking to a spot near Caedmon’s vantage point he said, “What now Caedmon? You seem like you’ve got a bit of experience with these sorta things. What's the plan? I was thinking I'd sit up here for a bit and just shoot lasers at that big metal monstrosity over there.” Ivan leveled his rifle at the foes charging the walls, Nortestran soldiers beneath them manning defences and beginning to fire as many projectiles as possible at the oncoming horde. Several hundred missiles flew right over Ivan’s head in an instant and he looked up in awe as the immense display of firepower smashed into the Mollug force. Ivan shrugged his ehad in disbelief and activated his SIN mark communicatiog with Kotori. “When did we get these fucking missiles Kotori? Who just fired those???” Then Ivan turned his attention back to the matter at hand. The rifle began to shift and grow rapidly, metal growing from nowhere, the weapon expanding to cover all of Ivan’s arm and shoulder. The weapon continued to grow slowly expanding until it stabilized itself with the earth forming the wall he stood upon. The weapon kept on growing until it was the size of a small carriage. Ivan charged the weapon and fired a single shot at the floating mecha. An immense explosion went off killing hundreds of Mollug soldiers underneath the machine. The shockwave of the explosion sent soldiers flying in every direction. And yet still the enemy came on, unperturbed by the hostile fire. The Gun shrank down until Ivan could carry it with some struggle. He then turned to Caedmon with a slightly nervous look. “I'm gonna need more firepower if we’re gonna take this thing down.”

Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Solirus Solirus Kaihaku Kaihaku

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Above Cathedral Neighborhood. Theme: Astral Plane (Combat Mode)
Interactions: Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 (Professor Membrane) Juju Juju (Gloop, Kotori, Wakinyan) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan)​

"The missiles came from a portal. There was no fire warning but I assume an ally?" Caedmon answers new Ivan cautiously, still aware of the indistinct troop designations. It was difficult to plan without clear identification of allies, enemies, and civilians. The Lich, potentially an enemy, was positioned on the mission objective. That was a glaring vulnerability that needed to be addressed. "Kotori. Reinforcing the wall defenses and exploring the Lich situation is a priority. Can you and the rhinoceros take a team to engage that front?"

"Professor. Ivan. Let's move into position for a combination beam attack on the siege machine. If we can take it out the enemy's advance will likely be broken."
Caedmon continues, glad that new Ivan was thinking about the situation tactically. There was a possibility that the missile barrage would be successful in destroying the siege machine but the ESPer had faced foes in the past who used electric arcs to detonate explosives before they could impact. A beam would cut through any such defense. "As we're taking position, let's take free shots to impede the enemy's advance and reduce their capacity."

=MEIRA AARLE=
Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Poma) Kaihaku Kaihaku (Voorjaar)
Mentions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Rook)​

Meira could finally breathe calmly as the construct descended towards a gate. She seemed friendly enough, even if it was only a temporary facade. "Your investigation... about afterlives?" One person came to mind, but just thinking about her annoyed the beastwoman. That elf wasn't the most tolerant of beastfolk. Her distaste leaked onto Meira's face. "I have an... 'associate' up north in Czarsnikei. Her name's Ela Oricaryn. Red and black. Obsessed with that type of stuff." Upon reaching ground level, Meira hopped gleefully onto the paved road before the gate. Poma had said what was already on the beastwoman's mind; the summoned mess in Castellan was becoming harder and harder to mop up with every passing second.

Before Meira could dwell any further, the alarm bells rung from the walls. She froze at the sound of them, slowly planting her palm on her forehead. "I suppose this can mark my first, late report..." Now, the details of the newest batch of summoned would go unheard from her peers. The wheels of change have already began to spin. She knew that beyond the third ward was Mollug's secret weapon, the Coelacanth, and that it was flying towards Castellan. "Thanks for the assist, but I don't need to head back, anymore!" she said to Poma before scaling a nearby building. What good would the report have done now that the plans were in motion?

Meira wanted to at least see the Coelacanth in its glory—barring the barrage of futuristic fire being shot at it. But even on the building, the wall was simply too high. At the bottom, though, was the massive, marbel construct she saw charge from the cathedral earlier. She sighed in disbelief as she realized the existence of the Rook-shaped hole in the wall. "For goodness sake, is there anything—" Huh? A wavy, light blue dress caught her eye in the distance, paired with the familiar, gorgeous purple hair that flew in the wind. "That.... That can't be possible..." she muttered in awe. A week ago, she saw Frostfire's body be lugged out by her coworkers, taken far from Castellan. So why was she here?

Concern overtook Meira, moreso than relief at the mythical Frostfire's unexpected return. How would the cogs turn with this many wrenches thrown into them? Meira took a breath, then running across the rooftop and hopping across, towards the second wall. She needed to be there in person.

But even as she jumped closer and closer, the disbelief never went away. Even as she came so close that the Nortestran soldiers took notice of the princess' top advisor. The normally peppy Meira would have greeted them with a smile amid the incoming siege, but instead froze the countenance of surprise and worry. This wasn't possible. Did the suits make a change of plan? She lightly slapped herself to rid of the expression on her face. Frostfire was apparently negotiating with the large construct and awaiting an answer. With a deeper sigh, Meira spoke up. "Lady Frostfire? You... You've returned? We... I was under the impression that..." She took a deeper breath for the umpteenth time. She glanced at the nearby soldiers, who were entranced at their fallen hero's appearance. It was as if a new hope had found them in the form of Frostfire. The correct words couldn't come to mind. Meira could only stare blankly at the ground, not yet able to meet Frostfire's eye. The woman betrayed by the princess she'd served.

Shufraken.png
Ashe
Interactions: nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer
The mech young Zasha had lent them flew across the sky towards Auron's location with relative smoothness. It seems she had been eavesdropping on them, judging by the occasional red light blinking before shutting off. These types of machines were common in his old world, but the advances they made compared to this single piece of machinery still paled to its complexity. How unfortunate that the young firebrand had chosen to assist these Castellan folk, but her assistance was simply a small setback in the overall goal for the old king. There would be resistance on the idea of a single ruler to oversee this planet. It was simply inevitable. Humanity as a whole were fickle creatures, and the summoned even more so. They wear their strength on their sleeve, bare and pulsing with power. There was simply no modicum of subtlety, the lack of care and attention to a greater whole. For many of these summoned, to conquer was to rule with power. In many ways, he would agree to this ideal, for he ruled several hundred worlds for millennia under this maxim.

And just like his past life, he saw to quell the chaos that wreaked havoc upon this world under an iron banner, where order reigned. But to create a society and world where order reigned supreme, it must be tempered and refined, as any good ruler should do. Not all order is good, and not all laws are beneficial. He would create a civilization where every group is in an established place within the cosmos, with the strongest first and weakest last. A good and just system was simply an excuse to promote the mediocrity of the whole and suppress the strong and capable. No, he would create a firm and unbreakable structure where the weak serve the strong, but are served by the weaker. The role of master and servant would be clearly defined and a system that would elevate those who are fit to rule. A lofty goal, and one not so easily achievable under these conditions, but given time and circumstance, everything would fall into place.

His musings were interrupted as the mech stirred and landed onto the wall where Auron stood, his burning gaze overseeing the horizon and chaos beneath the walls. Ashe simply stepped out of the machine and briefly noted it disappearing like shimmering water, fading away from reality. The bunny girl had fulfilled her end of the bargain and held no qualms against him, judging from the lack of missile fire aimed in their direction. Varium landed with a thud behind him, placing the egg down and walked right beside her master, a small knowing smile as she buried the spear point of her weapon and sat at the edge of the wall, looking at the mayhem. He briefly noted young Carmen slip out of his shadow, the feeling of frost and watching eyes leaving in tandem.

There was simple showmanship in his actions as he thanked him for his assistance, and acknowledging his miscalculation of the gunman being able to recover quicker than anticipated. Good, one must always learn from their mistakes lest they repeat them later. Still, there was wasted movement, but that may simply be due to his whimsical personality.

"Carmen," his voice was calm, regal, and deep, unperturbed by the chaos that wrought the landscape. "Your thanks are pleasantries that are rather overdue for this situation. But," several mana swords ignited behind him, coalescing in several different sizes as they formed and solidified into a lavender throne, where the old Demon King sat down, "at least there is some decorum. I go by Ashe von Varsoli, but Ashe will simply do for now." He crossed his legs and leaned against his upright right arm, resting his chin against his hand.

Ashe barely reacted to his attempts of small talk, whether it was about this entire situation or the war itself, but errant answers and hums of agreement were his ways to simply hint towards the young crow that he was simply there to watch the battle in relative peace. Varium and Auron flanked the former tyrant on his right, while Carmen had decided after an absentminded grunt of approval to begin playing his violin, accompanied by a trio of other instruments. He let the musician do his craft and simply reveled in the scene as the music played.

The storm winds blew against them, yet Auron barely moved as a shield of mana and force engulfed them, protecting from the worst of the gale. The quartet of new summoned basked in the ensuing destruction of Mollug's siege, but remained unperturbed even by the Coelacanth's arrival. Its gaze wasn't to them, but to the swarm of missiles and soldiers that attempted to fell the great beast of lightning and steel. The fires of war blazed into an all consuming inferno as thousands of missiles crashed into the beast and army. The dead screamed across the battlefield, detonating upon meeting their hated enemy or struck by errant projectiles, while the living crashed against each other with magic and armor underneath Zasha's rain of fire. Borne from this chaos would be heroes and martyrs, of legends and myths that will spread across the world. Inevitable like death, this siege would carve upon this world history.

But to Ashe, it was simply a spectacle for him to oversee and judge. The chaos and devastation that plagued this land would be crushed under his heel in time. Those summoned who dwell in the darkness to pursue their own machinations will be overshadowed under his baleful gaze and those who fight for the sake of chaos will be chained by society he would create. He would not be their greatest enemy, but these simple creatures that toil the land. They are the ones who have something to truly lose, ones who hold the simplest desires close to their hearts. Valucia's mortals all have their share of worldly desires, as with any race. To compel these tired and war torn people, a ruler must extinguish their source of plight. For many, it would be the summoned, but for others is simply the safety of their generation. There are no immortals in these groveling and dirtied population, simply humble beings of short lifespans trying to find their place upon this unkind world. He would give them that.

This siege would be the first of many, and he would be there to watch them all purge rebellions until only his banner hung upon the flags of their castles. And he would hear his name called by the people of this world in celebration and hatred as the executioner's blade fell upon his enemies. He would not make a utopia, but a world of united peace. This was the Old Demon King's conviction and promise. The gods could not stop his advance, and these summoned will not either.

The violin rang its final note to the beat of explosions and the four summoned reveled in the inferno, their eyes painted by the orange flames and the rolling storm clouds.

=TOBIAS AND MII=
Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan)
Tobias found himself before the second wall of Castellan; a perfect likening of Nortestra's pride and ego. Mii still twisted herself around Tobias' whole body as a slime would, even as he floated a third up the wall. He would stop as the Nortestrans' yells of panic echoed throughout, and he turned towards the ruins. Beyond it was a massive, serpentine construct, sparkling with lightning. The Mollugs had launched their second invasion with a bigger, badder ally. It was a true shame that Nortestra turned their back on what could have been their greatest heroes. "It would seem that Nortestra's finally receiving punishment for their crimes," he remarked.

"Pukyuu!" Mii gurgled, now thrice her original size from back in the basement.

"It is indeed satisfying to see, Mii. As the saying goes, 'reap what you sow.'" The Coelacanth was definitely capable of destroying the wall; maybe Tobias wouldn't even need to take action? But as a barrage of missiles and lasers and other assortments of attacks were sent at the mechanical beast, Tobias frowned. It was only natural that these new summoned would fight for the wrong side, given false information from being summoned within Nortestra.

Tobias lit up happily at Ivan's response... only to grow sorrowfully disappointed. He shook his head in distaste. "You are sorely mistaken, Ivan. Nortestra is only manipulating you; promising false rewards for fighting for their cause, only to throw you away in the end. They have done so after the first siege. They brought you, Kotori, and the others into cramped dungeons after we helped them achieve victory. They forced Dirk, Katie, and me into hiding, and I don't even know if they're still alive! Now, I too do not wish to fight you, nor do I wish to join the opposing force. Which is why the offer stands: help me eradicate this sinful kingdom, or stay out of our way. And how about, instead of referring to the Mollugs as such, you call them by a more appropriate term: retribution. And it is retribution that is coming to Nortestra, my friend."

With that, Tobias stared solemnly below him. They must have brainwashed Ivan and the others, if he spoke the truth. Why else would they agree to help the same side that betrayed them all? Only silence filled the air, now, save for the faint screeches of the Coelacanth and the sounds of war. He was alone, but for the light blue slime. He stared at the towering wall, yet stunned with inaction.

POMA & Rook
6b2563f6d5b635a505b647fc409fd8b9.jpgchess_soo_k03-5bb4de5da8e60__880.jpg
Interaction/Mention: StaidFoal StaidFoal Kaihaku Kaihaku @basicallyanyonewhocanheartheadvert​
Second by second, staying within the holdings of the kingdom seemed more and more of a bad idea, but POMA fulfilled her end of the bargain. Upon hearing information of an expert up in Czarsnikei, POMA closed her eyes and remembered the mental map of the world that Virtue's information had helped her form. With both name, a vague description and a location to track her down in, Poma was certain that she'd be locating this individual in a timely manner. With a lead to follow, holding Meira up in her duties was no longer a requirement. The moment Nortestrian women was on the ground, Poma folded her arms behind her back as she levitated a few yards off the ground, gaze drifting up from her to the chaos occurring just beyond the city's borders. Very quickly, that chaos was spilling into the ruined city piece by piece, soon there'd be no reason to stick around at all.

"Czarsnikei... Ela Oricaryn...Red and Black..." she listed off, as if she were writing it down somewhere, before nodding as Meira made haste "And Thank you for choosing NOXCO as your aid today, we hope you found our services efficient and useful~!"

With that being said, Poma began floating higher from the ground, able to get a better view of the encroaching warzone the higher she went.

In direct contrast, Rook had almost fallen into what many would consider to be a contemplative haze as he walked through buildings, carving a casual path of destruction through the already battered city. For someone like him, the wall may as well not even be there. He didn't halt as rubble fell around him, barely even reacted to it. Instead he was thinking about his targets after the wall. There were a whole bunch of easily swayable mortals racing for whatever was on the other side of these walls. In such large groups, the potential for heresy in mortals multiplied tenfold. He'd need to examine them carefully, and be prepared to wipe out everything that breathed at the slightest sign of Kingspawn sympathies. Surely this was what the Queen had intended when sending him here, every single heretic purged was a potential bloodline of blasphemy wiped out after all.

But partway through his internal plotting, he halted upon hearing a commanding tone. At first he didn't know where it came from, only to look up and be stricken by the glow of the authoritative form standing above him. He didn't even need to see her to understand in an instant that he was looking upon the form of the Queen. The Queen took many forms in his days, many of which not even Rooks like himself had seen. So the idea of questioning the notable wound or the distinctly different tone she was using from before. That kind of consideration were for heretical pawns and would not be tolerated in the presence of Rook.

At her gesturing, Rook began the slow process of turning around, catching sight of Meira but knowing the the Queen would never stoop to sending a loyal warrior such as himself against such a puny looking mortal. So he kept turning, almost giddy with excitement as he finally laid eyes on the Coelacanth. He gasped immediately upon bearing witness to the creature for the first time. Having been behind him during the entirety of his trek to the second wall, Rook had not taken note of any of the extreme levels of chaos that had been occurring. For the very first time sine he'd arrived did he lay eyes on the explosions taking place, the massive creature sailing over them, the distinct aura of heresy being emanated from it all.

"HA! SO MY PRUPOSE REVEALS ITSELF!" he laughed uproariously as he hefted his Aegis Tower over his shoulder and pointed towards the creature "FRET NOT MY QUEEN, THE BEAST SHALL ENDURE THOUSANDS OF DEATHS BEFORE I AM FINISHED CRUSHING EVERY HERETICAL CELL IN ITS TAINTED KINGSPAWN BODY!!!"

With that and a yell of effort Rook adopted a running stance before firing himself towards the battle like a rocket, making his previous swathe of destruction look slow by comparison. With a confirmed target before his gaze, Rook raced through the city yet again, cutting yet another path of destruction across Nortestra as he carved his way to the front lines.

Seeing the second path Rook was carving from above was none other than Poma, who now had an extremely comprehensive view of the battle on both sides. With more and more summoned jumping in to exacerbate the issue, things looked as though they were ramping up in a big way. But while Rook was focused on the actual lines of conflict formed by the Coelacanth and the Mollug and undead armies, Poma instead took note of the various numbers of people fleeing to the second wall to avoid the conflict. There sure were a lot of destroyed buildings down there, an almost unprecedented number of ruined livelihoods and dead innocents. All of which would not be gifted the guiding hand of NOXCO at the rate things were now. But whereas she lamented the fact that whatever afterlife they'd be heading to was almost definitely not conforming to company protocol, Poma also realized that such a state was ripe for spreading the message of her intentions.

After all, she remembered the Administrator's words on these kinds of situations fairly clearly:

"Poma, do not speak to me on wayward souls, wayward souls are the greatest source of early contributors we could ever want." his evenly toned voice said "Those most in need of the company are those without the company after all, the lack of afterlife management and security is a hell only those without NOXCO's oversight ever have to suffer."

With that thought in mind, Poma held her arms out to her sides as her eyes began glowing. Soon, with a voice that echoed all around the city of Notrestra and even the Mollug army beyond, she spoke the truth.

"Has a loved one or cherished friend ever been denied rest in the afterlife due to intervention from an unwanted third party? Has your life been turned upside down by external forces out of your control? Well for both those issues, the NOXCO recruitment drive could be your way of recovering from the numerous wrongs put forth against you!" the chipper sound of a background tune kicked in at that very moment "Taking place on the Nortestra-Czarnikei border directly north approximately seven days from now, NOXCO wishes to provide satisfying employment to any and all who found their ways of life deterred by the constant conflict they find themselves drawn into. We can't right the wrongs of yesterday, but we can minimize the extent of their effects for the generations to come! Get trained in working technology previously unheard of to seek out scores of unearthed resources and create the industry of tomorrow. No previous experience required, bring only your passion and let NOXCO be your first step towards helping the world at large!"

Rook, of course, paid no minds to the message as he carved his way towards the beast and the clashing armies. As heretical as it was for a third party to begin trying to tempt the spineless masses into abandoning their queen in her time of need, Rook had a target that had been given to him by loyal decree, the rest of the heretics could be cleansed afterwards.

Hiba

Hiba was confused, she saw many individuals around her… then this one individual came up to her, he wore an outfit similar to what his fellow brethren wore in the temple, the color and the style differing a bit, but still similar…

“I… don’t… know… who are you?” Hiba asked before she suddenly heard a horrible sound, the sound of a massive beast entering the battle and the sound of explosions causing her ears to ring painfully. Hiba didn’t flinch however, she withstood the pain like she would do in training…

Hiba looked around again, there were more people… one of the holding a weird stick walked away looking at her and waving to follow along, unfortunately Hiba didn’t understand to well gestures or social queues, thus she remained confused once more… she kept looking around before she saw a girl with a hat… a weird looking hat… “Hey, girl… where are we?” She asked “He wants… to know too” she said pointing at Yamcha…

Interactions: Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 Juju Juju
Mentions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

They had been making good progress through the Mollug controlled areas of the city, the chaos of battle making it easy for Kana and her scouts to find gaps in their lines to slip through. Even her guardian, draped in a brown cloak that its blades were slowly cutting to shreds, had been able to avoid detection by following her movements. If it wasn't for the fact that a delay could cost innocents their lives, Kana would have found somewhere to hunker down as even though they had an easy time getting past the sentries, having all these people running around did increase the chances of someone spotting them sooner or later.

Unknown to Kana, the assistance that her group needed would come from an unexpected source. The sounds of panic and wild gestures of the Mollug soldiers clued Kana into the fact that something odd was going up, and she saw what had them worked up when she looked at the sky. Countless strange objects were flying through the sky, and with narrowed eyes the goddess realized one was flying right at their location. With a thought she summoned the tiny fragment of divine power she could access with her power sealed, materializing a single, black, barbed blade that shot out at the object. The divine blade sliced through the missile as if it was paper, allowing the fuel to become exposed to the fiery exhaust, the resulting inferno touching off the explosive materials. Unfamiliar with this kind of weapon, the explosion caught Kana completely off guard, but thankfully it was high enough in the air where she was in no danger.

The same couldn't be said for the areas nearby, the soldiers there wiped out by the missiles. While her actions had saved the Mollug soldiers in her area, they fell into a panic due to the devastation inflicted upon their allied forces. Kana knew that this would mean that it would be far easier for her group to keep going with the enemy ranks falling apart due to their panic, something she fully intended on taking advantage of. Wordlessly she shook each scout out of their shock and waved them onwards. Once they got closer to the areas controlled by the Nortestra forces they would split up, but first they had to get there.

????

“From here on out, we cannot speak, move in and communicate through gestures” The captain said. The other assassins nodded. They had been sent to the forest near Castellan after a scouting party had failed to return, it was crucial to know why, as the more troops they had to surround Castellan the better, but they couldn’t send a full force to check what had happened so they opted for assassins. Stealthy, quick, and effective, weak when it came to actually sieging but very useful when it came to gathering information or taking out a target… whoever or whatever killed the scouting party needed to be taken care off one way or another.

Assassins:
AmbQNEsQbRf1uiNLbzKJlxpcr9cxzrx2snol9LwVTcwgJ9kcn5aG4yXAr3fzhXVv5n0-HpQHJHLcrhvR_f8kFzsEXbSgAofL2J3-2z9ScQuMRs6Rzy47TqP0YgTI5csy-5lykRgz

There were seven of them including the captain, they were close to where the scouting party had been, as such they slowly spread out, avoiding branches and minimizing the amount of sound they created to not alert any potential enemies. Like shadows they moved from tree to tree, barely noticeable. Soon they arrived at what used to be the scouting party, nothing more than paste now, some of the pieces of armor cutting deep into the trees but seemingly removed from them… The assassins looked at each other, silently nodding with three of them hopping up into the trees.

Silently they kept moving, more tense than ever but calming down with thanks to their training, there were still some members of the scouting party missing, whatever killed them was unable to kill them all… or perhaps it chose not to.

The assassins spread even further this time looking for any more clues in the area and finally deciding to regroup with the captain giving some gestures, only two assassins jumped back down to the ground… in a couple seconds the third assassin fell down, his neck slit open and gurgling with his mouth full of blood, with his dying breath he simply pointed upwards before his arm collapsed and he died.

The assassins were shaken and decided to group up closer, the captain gestured his orders and all the assassins pulled out their blades, ready for an incoming attack.

“Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

The sound came from the south of their location, all assassins turning to look at it, and with the assassins distracted an arrow flew from behind piercing through the neck of another assassin, dropping dead.

2 down, 5 to go

The assassins instantly turned around seeing the leaves rustling from where the arrow came from, one of the assassins pulled out his knives and threw a barrage at the general area in which it came. The knives only flew through or hit wood. The assassins surrounded their captain protecting him from all directions… they couldn’t risk any more surprises.

More rustling of leaves could be seen and heard, but the assassins waited, trying not to act, but upon waiting an object was thrown from the trees landing near them, it was a rather transparent disk, one of the assassins instinctively kicked it away, however it wasn’t kicked far away enough as it detonated, causing a loud shrieking sound, causing all assassins to become momentarily stunned, and falling to their knees. In the time span, two more arrows were shot, one piercing the assassins neck and the other the heart.

4 down, 3 to go

The captain and the remaining assassins quickly stood up, and made their way out, there was an enemy that outmatched them, they would need to bring spell casters and more forces to take it out, first they needed to survive, but with their speed and agility they were sure to make it out- A shot was heard, a loud one, one associated with high caliber rifles, the shot connected with one of the assassins torso, later blowing up and sending the captain and the remaining assassin flying through and crashing into trees.

The captain got many of his bones broken and laid there unable to do much, his last assassin was luckier however and stood up. The captain gestured for him to get away and send them intel, but before the assassin could leave, a figure hopped down from the trees falling on top of the assassin, killing him as the knife went through his stomach and then his neck.

The figure was covered head to toes with leaves to camouflage himself and had his face painted, almost making it unrecognizable… the person walked up to the captain pointing the bloody knife at his neck… “Where is Synthia!”

The captain spit at the individual. “I’d rather die than tell you that”

The individual didn’t wait a second before stabbing his knife through the captain's torso, missing his heart by a bit “Tell me, now!”

The response the individual got was another spit to the face, which then led to the knife being twisted and pulled out making an even bigger mess. Slowly killing the captain.

Dirk finally returned to his temporary base, it was inside a near cave, it had arrows, bows, and swords he had collected from the scouting party, the walls had scratches on them he places, there were 13 scratches, some small, some slightly bigger, and one of them being much much bigger than the rest. “The siege should be today… Seems like assassins are harder to break...” Dirk said dropping the quill and bow he was using while checking on his rifle…

Dirk left again, this time grabbing his smg as well and heading to one of the higher trees, being able to see over what remained of the first wall. “Let’s see '' Dirk scanned around looking for anything new, and managed to spot the summoned that had gotten locked up… He had also witnessed the new summoning and all that came with it… he could see almost everything from up here… he could also see Tobias and Mii… Mii was now bigger… Dirk pointed his sights towards the slime before seeing it consume corpses… Dirk decided not to fire, but he’d keep an eye on both of them… Lastly he looked over at Mollug’s side just as they brought in their main weapon… “That’s… pretty ugly… I’ll hold off from shooting it.”

He witnessed the barrage of missiles, noting that he might need to quickly move from position to position quickly if he had to deal with that…

“Now we wait...” Dirk said quietly as he tightly held his Rifle and made himself comfortable on the tree branch, aiming down sight and keeping his ears open.

1606584991633.png

Mentions: Everyone at Castellan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back