• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Carmen.

1604361774851.png

“The Musically Insane."

Post Number:

1#.

(Introduction).

The ruined cathedral.

(Virtue's summoning location).

Character Interactions:

Zane, Ashe, Virtue.

Klicc Klicc Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim StaidFoal StaidFoal

Character Mentions:

Virtue, Rook, Mother Voorjaar, Zane, Ashe.

Incidental Theme:

- - -

Somewhere in an alternate universe...

1604362114506.png

I silently walked through the endless white halls with Maxwell in tow, my heart and mind racing as my shadowy companion chewed my ear off for letting us fall so easily into government hands.

Usually, I would brush off Maxwell's insults with a lighthearted laugh and retort with something smart or witty, but there was a permanent scowl on my face as the guards led me to my death.

Maxwell was right. After decades of living freely and uncontested, I was stupid enough to wander into a trap designed for children. I was utterly disgusted with myself, even if it partially wasn't my fault.

...At least that little girl was safe. It was wrong of me to drag a child into my foolish affairs, but why do I care so much? I murder children in cold blood, for Christ's sake!

. . .

...And yet, I still went out of my way to protect a child that I barely even knew.

Was it because of her childlike innocence, her enrapturing smile, her mystifying laugh, or perhaps it was because I could relate to her when I was younger?

I could not wrap my head around it, and it was driving me mad. Why did I care?

Why did I, of all people, care about one feeble-minded child?

Why did I care?

I was supposed to be cold, cruel, uncaring, and sadistic! My NAME invokes fear in others, and I was going to let something like THIS be my downfall?

The great Carmen!?

No, I would not stand for such a humiliating fate!

I felt my confidence returning, but it was short-lived when one of the guards rudely shoved me out of my thoughts, reminding me of my grim situation.

There was not much that I could do with these magical cuffs preventing me from using my powers (Not to mention they were digging into my wrists), and I could not fly away with my wings shackled.

I considered trying to break free from the guards and making a run for it, but I knew it would be pointless when I was already in the belly of the beast.

My only other options were to let Maxwell posses me even if he would achieve little, or wait for Samuel to come back. Unfortunately, neither of those options seemed very promising, especially considering Samuel was nowhere near my location.

Knowing that I was stuck, I sighed and chose not to stir the pot. It would be rash to provoke the people who had the authority to end my life in a heartbeat.

"Why are you so quiet shit for brains? Aren't you supposed to be cursing our names by now or making some retarded comment about how you'll escape and make us rue capturing you?"

My breath hitched in my throat, and I instinctively grinned at the guard, who only shot me a strange look and turned away.

"Leave the guy alone. We all know he's a disgusting piece of shit, but no need to kick the man while he's down."

I was annoyed by the guard's pathetic attempt to make himself feel better by using my misfortune as a hopeless excuse. One way or another, we were both murderers who killed for a living.

"Are you even hearing yourself right now? How could you defend this psychopath? Do you have any idea what this guy's done? The amount of pain and sorrow so many people have to endure because of one self-absorbed chucklefuck? Why do you think the president wanted us to capture him? This guy's crimes go way beyond jail time."

I blankly stared forward, tuning out the rest of the guard's conversation about how awful I was. There was no use adding fuel to the fire or wallowing in self-pity.

Eventually, we reached a giant set of doors, and both Maxwell and the guards fell silent.

Before I could even register what was happening, the guards shoved me into a courtroom full of people and forced me to my knees in front of a familiar black mirror.

I felt my eyes widen, and my breaths became shallow and uneven as people whispered and glared at me, and I tried to ignore staring at my own twisted reflection.

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

Why?!

Why now of all times?!

How is it still here?!

I destroyed that mirror decades ago!

Pull yourself together, Carmen! You've performed in front of thousands of people countless times, and you ADORE being the center of attention. You cannot let this be your final moments! DO NOT let this be your final moments! Quit being such an incompetent fool!

Despite my best efforts to keep the scopophobia and paranoia at bay, there was nothing I could do when the guards forced me to look at the mirror, and the jury beside me slowly morphed into taunting shadows who insulted me at every unforgiving turn.

"Calvin Fordyce, for your many crimes against humanity and God himself, how do you plead?"

Maxwell was trying to grab my attention, but I did not acknowledge him as the long-forgotten painful memories resurfaced, and I began to shake and uncharacteristically cry as salty wet tears slid down from underneath my mask.

How could I be so weak? Were all their deaths for naught? Was this really how it was going to end?

My eyes flickered around the room as the shadows laughed and pointed at me, mocking me for sniveling like a child and being unable to form even the most basic sentence.

I was too emotionally distraught to notice my when my grey flesh began ripping open, and painful bleeding sores popped up all over my body, drenching my suit with my own black blood and staining the white marble courtroom floor.

...It was that mirror, that accursed black mirror. It caused all of this. It did this to me.

I need to break it, I need to break free, I need to...

My thoughts became lost in the madness, and I thrashed against my restraints as the guards struggled to hold me still.

"AhAhAhAhAh! God?! GOD?! Do you all truly believe you are deserving of your god's praise when you try to play the judge and prosecute me for MY
crimes whilst ignoring your own?! Have you not overlooked the women and children who are starving to death on the streets because you are too busy committing war crimes and lining your own pockets?! Have you no sense of decency?! This is outrageous, an absolute blasphemy! Once I get out of these binds, I will personally make every last one of you suffer for your transgressions! The whole world will know my name, and I will make you all grovel at MY feet! You cannot run from the truth forever, you cann-"

My breathless ranting and manic laughter came to a halt when a sharp object pierced through my neck, and my head detached from my body and rolled onto the floor.

The last thing I saw was my headless body slumping over and Maxwell glaring down at me in disappointment before everything faded to black.

- - -

"C--m--, --t u-."

"Ca-me-, g-t up."

"Carmen, get up, you lazy piece of trash. There's a literal giant chess piece screaming at a deity, and you're still sleeping. Do I seriously need to possess your pathetic ass already? Fucking hell, even in a completely different universe, I still get stuck with you."

My eyes immediately snapped open at Maxwell's tirade of insults, and I sat up with a sinister grin.

I was going to respond to the creature with some rather colorful French vocabulary when I realized I was surrounded by foreigners who were most certainly not from my world.

One glance around my ruined environment was enough to put me on high alert, and I hastily stood up, summoning my black cane from my pocket dimension and leaning on it.

I observed the colorful cast with confusion, my memories and mind foggy until my piercing red eyes landed on an exquisitely captivating deity, and everything came flooding back all at once.

My grip on my cane tightened, and there was a flash of hurt in my eyes, though I was able to control the influx of emotions much easier now that I was no longer under the influence of that wretched mirror.

Much to my annoyance, I had perished in my old world due to a careless mistake, but I was fortunate enough to be revived by a Divine Goddess who now wanted me to partake in global conquest to unite this world on peaceful terms.

Wiping a tear out of my eye, I couldn't help but laugh at Virtue's fruitless demands. While I did agree with the concept of social equality, I knew it was pointless to unite a world when disorder and dysfunction would always ensue.

People have different views, different upbringings, different personalities, and different lives.

The world thrives on chaos, and it was much more entertaining to let life play out on its own instead of trying to play God and eventually be overthrown by your subordinates.

Furthermore, I highly doubt that every "Summoned" would share the same ideals, me being one of them.

Although I was grateful for the deity giving me a second chance, it would be boring to take over the world, and it was laughable that Virtue thought I would assist them with her trivial matters.

Surely a Divine Goddess would already know who I am, so why choose to summon someone who will blatantly ignore your cause?

Still, the idea of having a whole new world at my fingertips was exhilarating, and I found it hard to contain my excitement.

There were new faces to befriend, new hopes to crush, and new souls to painfully erase from existence.

Ah, yes. What a brilliant time to be alive!

"Are you done?"

My gaze shifted over to Maxwell, who was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed.

"Whatever do you mean, my pessimistic friend?"

I innocently smirked at the creature, knowing that playing the naïve card would get under his skin.

"You've been standing here staring off into space and talking to yourself for the past ten minutes. People are going to start thinking you're on drugs or something, dipshit."

Maxwell was clearly displeased with my feigned innocence, but before I could respond with another humorous comment, he continued with something alarming.

"Have you not even noticed that your power feels different, or maybe how Samuel is gone? You're the one who went and made yourself spiritually tied to them. Shouldn't you be concerned that your extra pair of eyes is missing?"

My smile dropped when I realized that there was indeed something wrong with my powers.

How could I have not noticed before?

Unfortunately, I could not pinpoint the root of the problem, but I knew I would need to test out my abilities later to see what has changed.

As for Samuel, I was admittedly worried for the avian. Not only was Samuel a valuable asset, but he was also a close friend.

...My only friend.

Maxwell looked conflicted (As he always did when I made such personal remarks) though what surprised me was when there was a loud squawk, and a familiar blackbird flew down from one of the broken cathedral walls and perched itself on my shoulder.

My heart swelled with delight, and I immediately grabbed Samuel and nuzzled my beak against his forehead.

"Samuel! My wondrous feathered friend! You are alive and well! You gave me quite the scare back there! Do not ever abandon me again, haha!"

Maxwell muttered something under his breath, and Samuel struggled to get out of my grasp.

He was never the most affectionate bird.

Re-establishing my spiritual connection with Samuel, I grinned when my second field of vision appeared, and I let Samuel take his rightful place back on my shoulder.

"You're a moron."

I laughed and directed my attention back toward the deity, who was conversing with the other Summoned.

"So you've told me many times, my dear Maxwell!"

Maxwell followed my gaze and stood next to me.

"So, what do you plan on doing now?"

A devilish glint appeared in my eyes, and I began walking toward the self-proclaimed Virtue with a spring in my step.

"Why I am going to thank Virtue for allowing me to cheat death and giving me another opportunity to prove my superiority to the world, and then I will be on my way to see how this Castellan siege plays out!"

Maxwell did not respond, though it was safe for me to assume that he rolled his eyes at my comment.

As I got closer to the deity, I noticed that she was talking to a cybernetic boy and looked as if she was revving up for an attack.

Quickly ducking, I watched as the poor kid flew over my head and crashed into a now very unhappy dragon.

I would have cracked a joke about how the boy was reaching for new heights, but with the unfortunate series of events that were unfolding, I chose to ignore the chaos and used this opportunity to introduce myself to Virtue.

Bowing politely, I offered a hand to the Goddess and gave her my signature grin.

"He-"

Before I could even get halfway through my sentence, a hard object rammed into my side, causing Samuel to fly away in a panic as I was knocked away from the deity and launched toward another unsuspecting soul.

- - -

I stared up at the smoke-filled skies, dazed from the impact of barreling into a hard surface.

Although I was certain I was going to crash into another Summoned, I smashed into a wall instead, most likely breaking several of my bones in the process.

Thankfully, I could not feel any of the pain brought on by my injuries, but now there was a metallic halfwit babbling on top of me and putting pressure on my ribs.

I tried to tell the cybernetic boy to get off of me, but no words came out of my mouth, and my body was too weak to push him off.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Maxwell hunched over laughing at my compromising position, but for some odd reason, instead of being angry, I felt like I was floating on air.

That is when I noticed there was a sticky wet substance pooling around my head, and my vision began to blur.

The next thing I knew, my head fell back, and I slipped into unconsciousness.

- - -

Last edited:
Bounty Board:

1. The Shooty Wizard/Ivan/Defender of the Church- Spellcaster of some very strange sort, possibly from Czarsnikei, most likely a summoned. Wanted for murder and disruptive behavior as well as acts of treason against the High Council; Extremely dangerous, wanted dead. Bounty:100,000G
  2. The Prophesied Princess/Felicia/The Frostfire Princess- Another spellcaster of very powerful temperature-related magics. Wanted for murder, destruction of Mollug equipment and warriors, treason against The High Council, arson and potential acts of terrorism against the state. Extremely dangerous, wanted alive. Bounty: 150,000 G
  3. The man with the pack/Tear- Possible clockwork magician/scientist/spellcaster of sorts. Wanted for collaboration towards murder and the slaying of a Mollug officer along with theft of Mollug state property. Considered a threat, wanted alive. Bounty: 50,000G
  4. The Demon Child/Hecate/The BlightGiver- Spirit or ghost with immense dark magical energy. Wanted for theft, murder, cannibalism, indecent acts, terrorism, a threat to the state and society as a whole and crimes against the Mollug state. Considered an immense threat, wanted dead. Bounty: 200,000G
  5. The Tin Man/Charon/Chrome- Armored warrior of some brawling sort. Wanted for murder, cannibalism, indecent acts and crimes against the Mollug state. A considerable threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 175,000G
  6. The Dark Goliath/Malagar/The Midnight Walker- Immense warrior encased in a strong black armor of sorts. Wanted for potential crimes against the Mollug state and threat to the populace. A considerable threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 45,000G
  7. The Alien/Kezathul/The Scorpion- Tall foreign warrior with strange abilities and a sword of energy. Wanted for suspected treason against the High Council, a potential threat against national security, murder, conspiracy to overthrow the government. A rebel and violent insurgent, High threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 225,000G
  8. The Masked Swordswoman/Yamiko/Mistress of Calm- Foreign woman with strange stealth abilities and a mask of magical properties. Wanted for murder, disorderly conduct and a potential threat to society. Considered a threat, wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 25,000G
  9. Blizzard man/Skathi/Frosty- Ice spirit of some sorts wielding considerable magical energy and an unstable personality. Wanted for murder, disorderly conduct, suspected treason, a threat against the state and society as a whole. Very dangerous, wanted dead. Bounty: 100,000G
  10. The Scarred Cloak/Orobo/The Bald Summoner- Little info currently, believed to be a monster/mutant of some sort. Wanted for murder, the slaying of a Mollug officer, theft from the state, disorderly conduct, slaying of magical officials, threat to the populace and society as a whole. Very dangerous, at large still, wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 100,000G
  11. The Desert Chef/Ullis/Ramsay- Little info currently, foreign-looking swordsman and chef. Wanted for murder, cannibalism, crimes against the state, disorderly conduct and his cooking skills. A considerable threat wanted alive. Bounty: 125,000G
  12. The Elusive Figure/Rojy/The Uncle- Member and suspected head of a crime syndicate. Wanted for magical properties and experimentation, suspected treason, a threat to society as a whole, wanted for murder, torture, conspiracy to incite treason and illegal undertakings. A threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 200,000G
  13. The Pale Archer/Kotori- A woman who stands with the defense of Castellan, Wields a bow and powerful lightning magic. Wanted for murder, assault, disorderly conduct, conspiracy against The High Council and warmongering. A threat wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 125,000G
  14. The Thundering Unicorn/Wakinyan- A beast that often appears with The Pale Archer. The creature is dangerous, foul tempered and indignant to the point it requires disposal of. Wanted for murder, destruction of property, magical properties, and conspiracy against The High Council. A considerable threat, wanted dead. Bounty: 200,000G
  15. Starskin/Csilla- Little info currently, appears to be a dark skinned woman speckled with beads of light all across her skin. Wanted for experimentation, and murder, disorderly conduct, conspiracy against the High Council and warmongering. A being of natural violence, watch yourselves, wanted dead. Bounty: 95,000G.
  16. The Young Goddess/Kana- A woman who seems rather plain and unassuming at first, her true form is that of a violent and merciless destroyer. Wanted for murder, disorderly conduct, conspiracy against The High Council, False iconship and theft of Mollug government property. Wanted dead. Bounty: 125,000G
  17. The Scientist Adrift/Tobias Nyseth- A man with the vernacular of a more scientific sort, a suit of strange armor and a strange orange blob that follows him around. Constantly floating and considered a telekinesis expert. Wanted for murder, theft of Mollug governement property, disorderly conduct and suspected conspiracy against the Mollug High Council. Extremely dangerous, wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 100,000G
  18. The Black Knight/Hakai- An armored fellow who appeared recently with the summoned near the city of Boreal. Has taken to claiming the guilds in the city and deciding the whole municipality belongs to him. Wanted for murder, theft, disorderly conduct, incitement and conspiracy against the High Council. Wanted dead or alive. Bounty: 100,000G
  19. Hitori Kage/The Brazen Outsider- A young man with extraordinary abilities and powers, sighted journeying and working alongside The Pale Archer in disruption of Mollug Activities. Powers vary and are plentiful. Wanted for murder, violence, disruptive behavior, disorderly conduct and treason against the Mollug High Council. Wanted dead. Bounty: 125,000G

StaidFoal StaidFoal YsFanatic YsFanatic SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Solirus Solirus Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Gohan510 Gohan510

Mother Voorjaar
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interaction(s): Juju Juju StaidFoal StaidFoal
The simpleton construct was shouting again, looking for someone to smash. The metal man had landed somewhere back among the summoned assemblage behind the dragon. This was devolving into a chaotic mess. Voorjaar hated chaotic messes. Except for when they were immortalized in ice. Then their beauty wasn't marred by unbeautiful movements.

Dezgheţ could send construct away to guard against 'kingspawn' and then she'd be free to freeze the metal man, but that would be rash. Not everyone here was an idiot. Her cold eyes lingered on the man who had, somehow, wooed bunny girl to his side in a matter of seconds. There was something off there. She needed to be cautious and that meant not revealing the full breadth of her power. Not here.

"Both." Voorjaar rumbles in answer to the young woman's question about Ice Dragons, her maw spreading in a toothy grin. The precocious little human reminded her of some of her own children. They were lost to her now. Ernhardur had imprisoned them. Where she did not know. At the thought she started to wonder how they were doing, especially little... No. Now was no time for that. She didn't answer the other questions, indeed the human's attention had drifted to other things, but glanced up at the sky cautiously. The construct's colossal weapon would be coming down soon.

"Virtue. Please grant one more boon to those of us who have remained to seek your council." The ice dragon hisses, turning back to the deity at the front of the assemblage. She lowers her head respectfully, still keeping one eye on the sky watching for the construct's weapon, as she makes her request, "Please grant us a list, or by your benevolence a dossier, of those summoned by SIN. So that we might better convince them to join our cause or, failing that, eliminate them." Unless this world held other deities of great power, this was knowledge that only Virtue, or SIN, could fully provide. It would be foolish not to request it now. With it, Voorjaar could plot her next move to bring everlasting peace to this beautiful but chaotic world. Without it, she would need to gather information from the local populace first. That would waste time and the information would be incomplete and biased. Only here was a source of 'unblemished truth', a rarity on any world. "They hold an advantage over us by having had more time here in this world. But if we know their appearances, powers, and personalities we will hold the advantage over them instead."

ZANE
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
Interactions: nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer (Carmen) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Virtue) Kaihaku Kaihaku (Mother Voorjaar) Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim (Zasha) Juju Juju (Nemu) GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Rook)

Zane was overjoyed when the Goddess had bought into his bluff. Giving himself a high five deep within his mind as he awaited the diety's connection. Oh, this is gonna be so awesome! "Thank you, my Grace. I'm sure this contract will be one of ma- wait, what are you doing?" Zane's eyes widened as the Goddess dashed away from him as she steadied her dominant fist. Zane was able to sense the power that the Goddess was emitting as his eyes kept darting to her and towards his own arm. Rapidly feeling his sensors telling that danger was only seconds away. "On second thought, maybe this was a bad idea." Nearly about to disregard his request, a sudden voice echoed in his ear as he turned his head to a, particularly odd girl asking to get a photo with him. She was weird, but she had enough energy to match his own, so of course, he would accept such a proposal. "Sure thing, kiddo! Just let me-" however, the sudden distraction was all that was needed to keep his mind off the danger that was Virtue.

With a sudden burst of force colliding into his arm, Zane felt his body take off at immense speeds as his sensors continued to go off at an alarming rate. His body flew until it collided with what seemed to be such refined muscle as the force caused his body to fly upwards. He couldn't feel pain, but it was obvious some of his circuits were going to need some maintenance after this. His body spinning around and around the sight of a blue giant was the only thing consistent in his view. His scans before could easily recognize it as the biological Dragon, and from the cold winds that laid into him, it was apparent they had some sort of cryokinesis based ability. Which was totally rad, but terrifying seeing how he had just rammed into them. "My bad!" Zane yelled out towards the pretty yet ferocious looking Dragon as his body continued to fly through the air. As the android drew closer to the ground, the color schemes of others became relatively more consistent. So consistent that he realized he was able to land into someone. "INCOMMMINNNGGG," Zane yelled as his body continued to torpedo towards the unsuspecting summon. However, by Zane's calculations, it was all but too late. They were about to have several hundred pounds of metal crash into them. Oh well. Better them than him. "Nevermind, just break my fall, please!" Zane shouted as he crashed into the mysterious figure sending the two flying through the air until they rammed into.....an invisible wall? More confused than ever, the android began to rub his head as the person he had used as a safety pillow laid unconscious below him.

"Whoops," Zane said, poking his new safety pillow to make sure they were okay as the ice from the Dragon's beating wings still formed over parts of his body. He couldn't exactly feel the cold, but he could definitely feel the stern expression the Dragon was giving him, and if he didn't do something soon, he was going to be supplying the iron in their system for quite some time. It wasn't until the Crusading Automaton announced itself and it's displeased attitude to the group that Zane hatched an idea in his head. Sure he could totally allow the two giants to duke it out like some Kaiju movie, but there were other summoned and many ways they would help him revolutionize this world. Besides who knows what kind of fun adventures he could have if he befriended them somehow? Not even with the slightest ounce of hesitation, Zane looked around to see some type of advanced mecha suit before tossing the body towards it. "Can you hold him for me, please? Okay, thanks!" Zane quickly announced, not giving the mecha girl any time to react as he dashed off between the two behemoths. It didn't seem like Automaton knew who exactly committed the deed, so he would have to play around that. Maybe relating to his sense of duty would help?

"How you dare speak that way!" Zane said, puffing out his chest as his cybernetic suit hugged his body tightly. Being a literal ant compared to the behemoth that stood before him. The over-exaggeration in Zane's voice only rose as he tried to imitate things he had read from comic books back on his homeworld. "Did you not see how close that ice was to the Queen? And yet, you thought only of yourself? SHAME ON YOU!" Zane said, allowing his voice to carry through the Cathedral to show he was as serious as possible. "So you know, due to your selfish worriment about yourself, the criminals have already escaped from our grasps and are fleeing as we speak. Should we not pursue them with post haste, my fellow guardian?" His tone lessened towards the end of his speech but remained firm with his words. He couldn't let up his act when he was within foot-stomping distance after all. "Remember who we serve titan. We live for the queen, and we should never put ourselves before her."

With one giant spoken to came the next. This Dragon, however, was wiser than Zane would have expected. To request info regarding the other summons? Why didn't he think about that? If he could, he would slap himself across the head, though the android had to play it cool if they were to convince them he wasn't a meal. Zane modified his voice to something far more smooth and relaxing, having a more peaceful and pure sound that went along with his words. "So," Zane began only to pause shortly after. He had never spoken to a Dragon before, or anything that wasn't a human in that regard. But Dragons were the coolest in most fictional based movies and comic books. He found himself speechless for a few seconds as he simply stared at the Dragon. His peaceful yet intrigued eyes were laying onto them before finally coming up with the words he decided to use. Folding his hands behind his back, he bowed respectfully as he removed his eyes from the Dragon's sight. "My sincerest apologies for my reckless actions. If I seem to be speaking oddly, do, please forgive me. It's just I've always had a fascination with Dragon's. Their strength, intelligence, and....beauty has always been something I've admired about them." Allowing his body to finally rise, he still kept his same respectful poster and form. Not wanting to seem disrespectful anyway. "I assure you I meant no harm, though I understand if you would still be quite livid with my immature mistake. If you could find it in your heart to forgive me, I would greatly appreciate it."

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interaction(s): Juju Juju

Low level telepathy? I wonder if he's reading my mind now. Caedmon wonders idly as he floats along the various summoned, still scowling intensely as he looks here and there. There were dragons, mecha, mecha dragons, androids, constructs, undead, rats, specters, and teenage girls. It was truly a frightening assemblage of warriors.

Then something strange catches his senses. It was over by the psychic presence so blindingly powerful that he couldn't quite comprehend it. The others kept on calling it Virtue. Some kind of moral abstract? This group had everything.

But that wasn't it. It was on the floor beside the rat. Caedmon floated over to it, effortlessly dodging the large construct's clumsy movements. Crossing his legs, he hovered down to the thing's level and held out two hands to try to pick it up.

Last edited:
Mother Voorjaar
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interaction(s): Klicc Klicc

In truth, while Voorjaar had crouched before the goddess to show respect while making her petition, she was also bracing herself to leap away when the construct's gigantic weapon came plummeting back down. She had no intention of being caught off guard twice.

"So..."

Voorjaar was, however, caught off guard by the metal man's return. He stood there for too long after his first word, a strangely serene look in his eyes. It was odd. If Virtue hadn't been sitting there in front of them, the dragon would have taken the opportunity to freeze him solid. Then again... There was a growing appeal to just eating him.

As he finally begins to speak again, she wonders what he would taste like if she snapped him in half right now. A crunchy outside with a gooey treat inside? Or a nasty mess of plastic, metal, and oil. Maybe just the head? She quite liked the look of it. Eating it would be a waste. It would be better to freeze his head and keep it as an ornament - the effect of that head encased in an icy octahedron looking down from the ceiling would be quite lovely.

As the metal man finishes his appeals by asking to her to find it in her heart to forgive him, she glances up at the sky and takes a few steps to the side. Then she growls in reply, "Later." She stretches out a single claw the size of his arm and taps it on his metal chest, "The grown ups are talking. Be patient, I'll give you opportunity to earn...forgiveness."

Last edited:
SAKUJO HONOMURA

Sakujo had wandered far from where the Mollug scouts had been and he figured he was truly lost now. He had lost the soldiers thankfully though, so he was now headed deeper into the massive fortress-city. He had been walking past a painfully empty brothel when he heard a large crashing sound coming from further down the road. Curious, Sakujo began to jog towards the crash and after about a minute, he came across the source of the sound.

A woman had landed in the street just in front of him, a small crater marking her entrance. The samurai was now simply walking, and made his way over to the newcomer, stopping a safe distance from her. He then waved and smiled, trying to put out a positive image of himself despite the splatters of blood over his chest. The area around them looked to have been absolutely scorched by a fire and by no means did it look natural. The houses on either side of them had been wrecked by the flames and carnage of the battle, one having collapsed in on itself entirely. The street itself had been blackened to the level of charcoal and the tiles running along the center were all cracked and torned up now. Sakujo glanced around the area, and then turned his attention back to the newly arrived girl. Both of them were fairly deep into the city at this point so running into Mollugs or the defenders of the citadel seemed fairly likely.

“Hello there! Are you a native to this city? I just arrived here about two hours ago and I havent met a single friendly soul yet. If you're not, that's cool, anybody friendly will do. Im Sakujo Honomura, as of the moment, freelance warrior, former soldier of the Shogun empire. Nice to meet you eh?”

Klicc Klicc

Shufraken.pngReisen.jpg
Ashe & Zasha
Interactions: nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer Mentions: Klicc Klicc Kaihaku Kaihaku Juju Juju
Ashe felt the pair of bodies hit him square on the chest, much to his annoyance. It didn't even move him, let alone bother the older man, just simply that the act of doing so had him contemplate the feasibility of the summoned and their ability to take hold of an entire planet. In the corner of his eye, he saw Varium give him a slow shake. Clearly she felt the effects of his Guard Mark, but said nothing about it. Admirable for a servant, but such a mention was simply a passing thought to the overall situation he was faced with.

The first few minutes had been nothing but the sheer realization that some of these summoned aren't exactly the most sound of mind. Perhaps it may just be the difference in mindset from the different corners of the universe, but there had to be some standard to earn Virtue's gaze to rule the world she overlooked. Clearly, he had been mistaken in that regard. Sure, he could see potential in several candidates, one of which was the dragon that temporarily gazed at him during his brief exchange with Zasha. Those types were always a good idea to take into account in grand scale of things. How different dragons are here compared to his own universe could clearly be seen by their intellect and choice of words. This one was just as comfortable planning for the long run as he was. As for the others, he wasn't too sure just yet.

"Zasha, my dear, do be careful of the man you're holding," Ashe offhandedly mentioned as he watched the young android go flirt with a reptilian monster. "He's not dead despite his wounds, but you would do well to avoid him when he does come to. Call it a bit of an old man's intuition, but when he wakes, I do suggest taking a few steps back."

"His head is fucking bleeding and his neck is twisted! What the fuck do you mean he ain't dead?!" The rabbit heiress' face was twisted in disgust when that white haired tin can tossed a bleeding bird who's overdressed for the job onto her arms, sending black blood all over her perfectly clean clothes. Her sensors couldn't even comprehend how the guy he was holding was still breathing. "Fuck, you magic people are too goddamn used to this shit."

"It's unbefitting for a lady to curse, especially of your station, my dear. Do try to reign back your habit around me," Ashe replied with light admonishment, merely as a reminder rather than a threat. He was quite confident that despite his earlier act of kindness would only be returned with another before he and the young heiress parted their ways, which was an acceptable loss he was willing to take so long as he decided how she would return such an act. He noticed her attention wane most of the time, but even he saw that twinge of interest when that young child with the strange slime snapped a photograph of the dragon and the other mechanical humanoid. Clearly, she saw something in that little device in her hand that garnered enough of a reaction from the, quite honestly, free spirited weapon's dealer.

Zasha rolled her eyes at his response and, while keeping the birdman in her grasp on one hand, fished out her phone. Might as well record the shit she goes through. Who knows, if Virtue manages to get sick of her existence, she'll punt her tiny ass back to where she came from, post antimatter bomb of course. Last thing she needed was tasting her liver evaporating on her tongue. But that's a bridge she'll burn when she gets there. God she should have gotten the new phone before she died if she was gonna get stuck in this. At least then, she could record the metric ton of material in hyper realistic graphics rather than this garbage 1080p. Burner phones truly did not suit her expensive tastes.

She angled the camera high to capture both her and the fancily dressed totally-not-a-corpse birdman into frame. "Can't believe I'm actually doing this. Say cheese bird brain." Acting cutesy was simply natural thanks to her new face and body, so when she snapped the photo, she was quite proud that she didn't lose that bit of faux innocence her pictures tend to capture. A bit of a wink, with a peace sign with a corpse gave her some form of smug appreciation of herself. If only the galactic media saw her now, they'd be shitting themselves.

"Perfect. If I ever get back, I'm so uploading this cluster fuck. Oi, think I should record the inevitable shit storm that's about to happen once twisted, broken, and dying over here wakes up?"

"I'm honestly not even sure what you're on, my dear, but please, feel free to do as you wish. We're allies, not your employer."

She grinned as she turned the camera towards the action. "Bitchin'".

Yunica had no idea how long her Armor stood there with her gawking at the devastation around her before the clone realized that standing out in the open was not a good thing. The un-painted war machine abruptly sprinting for some nearby ruins where it could seek cover, its grey hide gleaming in the sun and at times revealing silvery shine. Once she reached her destination the blue-haired woman had the AA crouch while she took stock of its systems. Thankfully everything was operational, but sadly the systems that had been waiting for the finalization of the design before installation such as the inter-dimensional communications and travel systems, hadn't miraculously shown up. This meant that she was stranded here, the thought causing her to panic a bit. Slowly, eventually she got herself under control and stood back up to get a better look at her surroundings. Unfortunately there was nothing to give her an indication of where to go, leaving Yunica feeling quite lost and frozen in indecision before a thought occurred to her. If she didn't know where to go, perhaps she could bring someone to her to figure out what to do. If she had more experience, perhaps the clone would have realized that it was a potentially unwise move as it could attract deadly attention, not to mention possibly some of the Summoned she had just ran from, but that did not occur to her as she activated a SOS beacon.

Carmen.

1604440284264.png

“The Musically Insane."

Post Number:

2#.

(The prosthetic boy).

The ruined cathedral.

(Virtue's summoning location).

Character Interactions:

Zasha, Zane.

Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Klicc Klicc

Character Mentions:

Virtue, Zane, Zasha.

Incidental Theme:

N/A.

- - -

I slipped in and out of unconsciousness, my head dully throbbing as the world swirled around me in nauseating blends of purple and pink.

I could hear muffled voices, and I registered that Maxwell was trying to possess me, but I resisted his attempts.

When I finally came to, I realized that someone was holding me, and I was overwhelmed with three primary emotions:

Confusion, anger, and disgust.

How dare this... This Summoned simpleton use my moment of weakness to touch me without permission!

I shot up, about the slap the girl's hand away, when my eyes fell on a familiar cybernetic boy, and I recalled the events that led me to my undesirable position.

My blood was now boiling, and I instantly forgot about my anger directed at the girl.

Ruined...

RUINED!

My first encounter with a deity, expensive clothing, and first day in a new world all RUINED because one obnoxious robotic twit was too dull-witted to watch where he was going!

Ignoring the extent of my injuries, I melted in the bunny girl's arms and morphed into a faceless black shadow, not bothering to acknowledge her in my state of fury.

Sliding over to the cybernetic boy, I reformed in front of him, my molecules and particles reassembling from the black misty apparition on the ground.

Now that I was standing, I used this opportunity to grab my head that was twisted at an odd angle, and I snapped it back into place with a sickening crunch, all the while never breaking eye contact with the robotic scum.

Once I finished resetting the rest of my limbs, I neatly clasped my hands behind my back since I did not have my cane, and I grinned down at the poor hopeless boy, my red eyes glowing brightly and teeth seemingly sharper as I towered over him.

I scanned the boy's face cheery face, observing his every metallic feature, and taking account of how he did not have a soul, unlike most of the other Summoned here.

So he was not alive? How intriguing. A prosthetic boy. I wonder if he bleeds like the rest of them.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

I leaned down, the wide grin never leaving my face as I whispered into the boy's ear.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦..."

Although my voice was eerily calm, my cold red eyes gleamed with malicious intent, and I radiated a dark aura.

"𝔻𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕣𝕦𝕕𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕦𝕡𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖'𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟?"

- - -

Last edited:
=MEIRA AARLE=
1604473262373.png
Interactions: Kaihaku Kaihaku (Lukas) Juju Juju (GB)
Mentions: Cathedral Chaos

Note: "Frostfire Princess" is the nickname for one of the previous summoned, not to be confused with Nortestra's actual princess.

The red-haired beast woman sat upon a lone column among the ruins of the city. Though the smell of coal and ash burnt her nostrils, Meira could only wonder when it would begin. She resisted the urge to lean her head on her hands, still worn from last night's debacle. What was the princess thinking, dealing with Felicia, in such a complicated manner? And all without telling the plan to her advisor? Dangling her feet out, she eyed the distant explosions and chaos that rocked the ground. Below her, squads of Nortestran knights, mages, and priests marched towards the source. Of course, when faced with abrupt explosions and short quakes from within your very city, there'd be an investigating force. "Never a time at ease, is there?" she muttered, followed by a soft sigh.

Meira stood up on the column and on her toes, peeking far around the warzone. Some ways from the cathedral and the squads, she caught a glint of yellow and white; the colors were moving. Rather than follow the primary force to the razed cathedral, she hopped gracefully over them, flipping twice and landing softly on her feet. She stretched her arms out with a yawn, then hopped around the ruined city, trying her hardest not to stain her red and white outfit.

Lukas might have noticed a shadow fly over him and GB, landing lightly before the two. She turned to face them with a warm smile, putting her hands over her hips. Above her breast was an eagle-shaped brooch. "Hiya!" she chirped. Her countenance then flashed with pity. "Poor kid... you and your pooch must've had to scrounge through the battlefield to make it here, huh?" She leaned over to him for the purpose of petting the big, fluffy dog he held, scratching right below the ears. "Don't worry, citizen! I can take you within the second wall; we're actively helping survivors there, courtesy of Her Highness' measures!"

Another cloud of smoke and short rumble came from the direction of the cathedral, redirecting her attention and making her bite her lip. Not a moment later, she looked back at Lukas, returning her cordial smile. "The name's Meira, by the by." With that, she held her hand out to the boy. "Come on, we can get you away from whatever chaos is happening over there."

=SULRIC TRYND=
1604473352009.png
Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Sakujo) Klicc Klicc (Estrid)
Mentions: N/A​

"Mollug assassins? In the Royal Palace?" The old general pondered the reason behind Felicia el Freliti's demise. For it to happen so fast that night, and when he was on guard since the summoned turned traitor not too long ago... Sulric Trynd sat in his command tent just outside the second wall of Castellan. With him was a squad captain, flipping through the written tales of the Frostfire Princess that existed centuries before the first summon. The death was far too abrupt; either Mollug has been withholding the most skilled assassins in Valucia, or something disorderly went on behind the curtains. And something jabbed at his gut every time he thought of Her Highness and her calculative mindset.

The captain flipped another page. "It's as you say, general. They were aiming for Her Highness' life, but..." he leaned his forehead on his hand, still in disbelief that how sudden the death was, "the Frostfire Princess valiantly sacrificed herself in order to save her."

And so the story goes. But Her Highness was in her quarters at the time of the event. The last he saw of Felicia was her heading up to meet her in the top floor of the palace; a room cast in Silence for the most important of meetings. For Mollug assassins to... Sulric buried his head in his hands. It's impossible. No matter how good the alleged assassins were, nothing else added up. The more he thought about it, the more he hung his head. This means... "We've been betrayed on both ends..."

"Hm?"
The captain lurched around at the whisper.

"Nothing..." Sulric pushed himself off the chair, stomping out. "I'll be on patrol outside the camp. If anyone asks for me, tell them I'm busy."

"Yes, sir. Oh, but before you go, General?"
As he turned back around, the captain continued. "Our scouts have found the Mollug encampment outside Castellan. This time, they're led by Cardoza Ademar."

"Ademar?"
he repeated, then clearing his throat. "The... father to General Wyman?"

"Yes, sir. The last of the family, now that you slew her. You must be proud; to end his miserable bloodline on the battlefield." He continued talking as he looked down at the book. "That damn Mollug probably kept her around because she owned that dragon; gives the family name an excellent picture for their High Council, yeah?" After a few seconds of silence, the captain turned in his chair; Sulric had already left.

He denied the guards' duty to accompany him on patrol as he stomped out of the encampment. His mind swirled with the recent events of the past week: the summoned's betrayal, Felicia's death, the definite conspiracy behind the scenes, the inevitable confrontation with the deceased Mollug general's father. Why must have this war been spurred for so long? So many great people—who he would've befriended immediately—caught on the wrong tides of war and forced to kill each other. Fathers on opposing sides, who'd be completely devastated by the loss of their child. All while the princess, who he watched grow from a child to a capable adult, spiraled into something beyond his sense of morality.

Stumbling out into the Castellan ruins, the sight of it all only brought Sulric to his knees, alone in the smoking wreckage. His one eye watered, soon streaming down his cheek and trickling through his graying beard. He wanted to yell. To release the pent up stress and anger the days have brought him. Instead, something else hit him. It was a pang in his chest, like a wrung hand clenching his heart. Sulric felt an abrupt, cold sweat trickle down his face alongside the tears. He panted through gritted teeth as he threw his other hand over his pained chest. The discomfort lasted for several minutes, forcing the old general against a collapsed wall. Everything hurt; he dreaded whatever would come next.

“Hello there! Are you a native to this city? I just arrived here about two hours ago and I havent met a single friendly soul yet. If you're not, that's cool, anybody friendly will do. Im Sakujo Honomura, as of the moment, freelance warrior, former soldier of the Shogun empire. Nice to meet you eh?”

Sulric perked his head up, the mini heart attack slowly subsiding in pain. There came a nearby voice, followed by the clanking footsteps of armor. A small squad of knights had rushed to the point of impact, where two foreign-looking individuals stood. Standing back up, Sulric got a good look of the two. He highly doubted that they hailed from Fell and Czarsnikei. Great. More summoned.

"Halt!" the knights on patrol shouted. "Identify yourselves, trespassers! Castellan has no more room for suspicious intruders such as yourselves!"

On the other side of the scene, behind Sakujo and Estrid, Sulric showed himself. He bore a helmet he found lying on the ground nearby, covering much of his face he couldn't bear to show. He planted his sword in the ground, scowling at them from behind the helmet. "State. Your. Business."

Skat Anotatos
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interaction(s): YsFanatic YsFanatic Juju Juju

Ears perked, Skat scratched his furry chin pensively as he watches some of the barbarians continue to stoke conflict between the heroes summoned here. Strong clashing flavors could be brought together into something delectable if carried by a central flavor of rich creaminess. The same was true for strong personalities. The group still needed a strong guiding ethos to pull it together and provide it purpose. Then they could accomplish great things. The presence of the goddess had been enough for Skat but, clearly, her words were not swaying some others. Perhaps things would be different if she were a goddess of cheese... His tail twitched at the salacious thought.

He turned to look at the large creature that had plopped down beside him. It was some kind of canine, he decided, though it was icy and gelatinous. Skat had a warm place in his heart for dogs. They had proven themselves to be trustworthy allies in war after war against the enemy. So he was glad for the company of the magical canine though the cold rolling off of it caused his fur to stand on end. He was less happy for the oblivious barbarian who followed, floating up and attempting to take away his globular canine companion.

Skat determined to speak to this barbarian and try to convey to him the seriousness of the situation. He raised a hand and begun in his tiny voice, "Squeak! Squeakity squeak! Squeak?" There was no acknowledgement from the barbarian so, after a moment, the Patrician ran pinched fingers along his whiskers as he thought how to proceed. It was clear that he needed to increase his volume in order to reach the barbarians. Maybe he could hack into the android's verbal processing center and borrow his voice box?

The musing was cut off as Skat detected a distress signal!!! Someone needed help!

He quickly triangulated the signal's source and then checked again. It was 300... Maybe 400 meters away. An incredible distance for any rodent but Skat was not just any rodent. He leapt from the stone where he was perched and landed in a dead sprint. He'd been augmented to possess incredible physical ability, even beyond what was common in the Great Society, but he'd need to push himself to the limit to get there in time. 400 meters. Practically the size of a city. As he ran, passing the dragon after an impressive 20 seconds then the mecha dragon after another 15 seconds, he analyzed the distress signal. There was something unusual about it. It was crossing bands and adapting itself in bizarre ways. That shouldn't be possible unless... Magitech?

"This is Patrician Skat Anotatos. I've received your distress signal." Skat responds to the signal, using his own magitech cybernetics to send a quick response on the correct channel. He was once again glad that he'd augmented his circulatory system, a normal citizen would likely have blacked out from the extreme speed, "I'm en route to your position. What's the nature of the emergency?"

Suddenly... Skat was there! There was a large metal giant and... He looked around. Where was the person in distress? Finally he spotted them, a field mouse hiding among some half burnt grass. No wait. The mouse showed no sign of advancement and didn't have any equipment. What was going on? Eyes narrowing, Skat drew his miracle gun and began to advance cautiously.

Last edited:
Poma & Rook
f71e15ce4308853489a2c9c33f082a0f.jpgchess_soo_k03-5bb4de5da8e60__880.jpg
Interaction/Mention: StaidFoal StaidFoal Juju Juju Klicc Klicc
Far up in the sky, above a layer of clouds floated a robot. She was leaned back, as if lying on a couch, with one hand pressed to her forehead as she stared into the great beyond. Ever so slowly she drifted, travelling foot by foot every second. Her pink pupils had shrunk, expression frozen into a look of genuine shock that led her free hand to tremble occasionally.

We're sorry, the signal you are trying to connect to is not within range, please relocate and try again.

That message replayed again and again as she continued to attempt to connect, but she knew her call wouldn't go through. She knew from the first attempt, seeing as it never would've failed had anything been as expected. But it wasn't...

She couldn't connect to the Company.

She'd floated without moving her limbs with that same expression as she retried over and over, knowing beyond all that it wouldn't happen. Connecting with the company was supposed to be the easiest part of her function, as it had been for countless millennia. Literally the only way one such as her could fail to connect was if she was entirely outside of the company's range, which shouldn't be possible unless she'd been drawn from the fabric of reality itself. And that was when it occurred to her, she'd literally been pulled to another reality entirely.

There was no Noxco here, no simplified Afterlife. The notion of such a thing was chilling to the core, as if her inner workings were subjected to the emptiness of Abyssal territory. There went the entire company, what she had assumed to be the misguided attempts of a deity had led to what had to have been the worst feeling in existence. There was no oversight, no warm hand in the night, no thumbs up and a backrub for a job well done. She was well and truly on her own, built with immense powers to do her job yet not the abilities necessary to counter a full blown reality warp of this caliber.

How was she supposed to react to such a horrifying realization as this? Obviously, repeatedly attempt to make a call she knew wouldn't be going through whilst staring up into the endless sky contemplating her place in the universe. She figured she had a right to take a moment to herself in order to recuperate.

Besides, it wasn't as if being pulled from everything you knew was something that could just be overlooked entirely.

Miles below inside of a ruined cathedral, Rook had nearly completely forgotten that he had been transported as the reality of the continued war superseded any blatantly necessary actions committed by his Queen. The last shreds of ice fell off of him as he stomped forward, trying to intimidate whoever had attempted to smite him through sheer willpower and presence. Now that he had completed the process of turning slightly to the side, he was ready and willing to sniff out whichever heretic had attempted to halt the birthing of the new crusade he was to be sent upon. If he had a knows, Monarch knows he'd be choking on the stench of heresy.

But he had his own sight to rely on, and quickly began analyzing the summoned before him with complicated internal formulas in order to gauge their potential for King-Based dissension. His search was halted by a distracting flash of light from nearby, courtesy of an excessively loud girl with pink hair who was far too happy to potentially share an area with Blasphemers for his liking. He was about to write her off and continue his divine search, only for his gaze to lock on to the creature she had with her: a creature of Cold.

Obviously, cold creatures could lead to cold attacks, so Rook wisely deduced that this unholy beast had sought to undermined his duties. Just as he was preparing to crack his knuckles and go render that being asunder with the efficiency only one of the Queen's Rooks could deliver, the small metal creature opened its mouth. Initially willing to share the rendering, Rook locked up once the small metal man spoke of the ice nearly striking the Queen.

"What?!?" Rook completely glazed over his next few sentences as he immediately began turning towards the Queen as fast his massive frame could. During this process, he scolded himself for his negligence. Though the Queen was undoubtedly the most powerful being in existence unrifled by paltry things such as ice, the fact that Rook hadn't even seen the attempt on her was infuriating. After such struggle, Rook was relieved to find his Queen as untouched as ever.

"My apologies for such oversight!" Rook fell to one knee again and lowered his head "I SHALL BEGIN MY PURSUIT OF THE FLEEING HERETICS WITH THE FURY OF THE UNCOUNT TRILLIONS FIGHTING AND DYING IN YOUR NAME, MY MONARCH!!!"

With his statement made, he stood up and began focusing on the words of the small metal man again. If Rook had eyes, he would've narrowed them considerably upon hearing this as he began towards him again. His hands tightened into fists as he finally found himself facing the loud droid man. With a deep grumble, he began stomping towards him. Rook would've been thankful for his warning if not for that claim of serving the Queen. For as any who knew their place in the realm, only the Four Pieces could serve a monarch, and only the truly divine could serve under the Queen.

High above, Poma was doing relaxing stretches whilst floating above the clouds. She couldn't allow the weight of her situation to drag her down, there was no time for having a crisis. She had to calm down, and remember to trust in the company. Noxco did have protocols for this scenario, despite how unprecedented it was. That was just the way Noxco worked, always have a plan to keep the process flowing smoothly. Poma had been so disheartened by her lack of contact with the company that she'd essentially allowed herself to forget that a company like Noxco couldn't simply be left. It was something inside the hearts of everyone under its banner of operation, and Poma proudly considered herself to still be under that banner no matter what intrusive gods from other realities said.

Which meant she couldn't just float up here forever! She had to get to work! There was a whole lot of research she had to do before she could start setting up company offices, and that meant exploring, recording, and learning! She floated properly in the air as she clenched her hands together, happily tapping her wand against her cheek as she imagined the buetiful Noxco facilities that she'd have to set up. It was glorious, and a goal far more deserving of her efforts than to fight for whatever unity the other summoned were aiming for. If folks like that simple-minded war machine wanted to go for it, then she would let them. The oversight of the afterlife came first and foremost, especially if they were about to go fighting everywhere.

What Poma hadn't realized was that the moment she said even thought about Rook and the others, a figure began descending from above. With its flat top aimed for her, the Aegis Tower thrown earlier by Rook sped back towards the planet like a meteor. Poma, with the tranquility above the clouds offering no other sounds to distract her, noticed the sound of something dropping from low orbit and looked up just in time to go wide-eyed et again as the tower sped towards her. She rapidly flung herself out of the way as the tower fell past and split open a clump of clouds right beside her on its path to the ground below.

Poma sighed before adjusting herself and setting off to begin her investigation.

"You do NOT serve the Queen, metal man." Rook declared as he trudged towards Zane "You are not of the Pawns, not of the Bishops nor a Knight!"

What kind of knight wasn't attached by the hips to a raging horse body? That just didn't make any sense at all. Rook fought the urge to shake his head in distaste, if he had time he'd educate everyone on their proper place in the Queen's hierarchy. But Blasphemy slept for no man, and would require his immediate attention if he were to truly appease the Queen's wishes.

That meant he had to finish this quickly.

"To even claim to serve the true Monarch under such falsities!" Rook shook his head "Those not of the Pieces do.... not... Serve! THEY SUBMIT TO HER HIGHNESS'S HOLY MERCY AND BENEVOLENCE!!!"

Rook's booming voice was just barely able to cover the sound of the Aegis Tower speeding towards Zane from above at what had to have been ungodly speeds, its flat top practically lined up directly for his head. If Rook noticed, he didn't show it one bit. He wasn't even partway done with hid condemnation of false servitude by, what was by all accounts, an outsider to glorious cause of King-Stomping.

"Far less has led to the complete eradication of entire planets!" Rook's hands were now visibly trembling as he raised them to his sides "The Ignorance of those who Submit cannot be allowed to prosper, ELSE TYHEY ALLOW THE KINGSPAWN INTO THEIR VERY SOULS!!! I have half a mind to make an example of you right this moment! However-!"

Rook held out one hand over Zane's head right as the Aegis Tower sped towards him. With very little effort, Rook halted its meteoric descent by catching it right out of the air, spinning the entire tower in one hand before hefting it back onto one shoulder with a dismissive grunt.

"This battlefield requires my purging wrath far too soon to tarry with such manners." he shook his head before giving a deep chuckle "But to assume you could get one over a Queen's Rook like that is simply laughable, now..."

He slowly began turning away, "I must begin my hunt for that which would dare uses any form of power against the Queen." he stated with absolute determination "I shall consider you revealing their ploy and escape as suitable cause for lenience in your punishment, metal man. Beg for her mercy should I catch wind of a second transgression."

With that, Rook reared back before literally leaping a dozen yards out of the Cathedral, catching himself racing into the ruined city with an impassioned roar of enthusiasm that could be heard throughout a large portion of the city.

Goodest Boi.png
☼ Goodest Boi ☼Interaction: Kaihaku Kaihaku StaidFoal StaidFoal
Goodest Boi crouched down, tail wagging, happy that the human was clever enough to know that the gift was for him! It was a pretty flower, and although it did not smell as good as fresh breads, he knew humans would like it. He had seen them sniff them in parks and cemeteries. The latter always made them sad though, which now that he thought about it, seemed to be affecting the other boy. Oh dear.

Tilting his head, Goodest Boi stopped his tail wagging and regarded the boy in confusion. Did flowers make people sad? That was strange. Maybe next time he should bring sticks. Fetching sticks always made people happy, especially Goodest Boi. Fetch was the funnest game in the world! Maybe this boy would like to play fetch. That was an excellent idea. Maybe it would make him happier! They should play fetch later!

A happy whine came from the dog as Lukas pet his ears. He did not understand a word of what he said, except for a few key terms. Speak was something he recognized, so he dutifully barked in response, proud of how intelligent he was. The doggo wagged his tail, feeling a rush of joy at gaining a new friend. His tongue lolled out of his mouth, a golden glow softly emanating from within the floof. A small, yet permanent boost of sunny power.

Lukas could almost feel his sadness numbing, and a comforting warmth spreading from his hand up into his arm. Oh but what was this? The boy had tears streaming from his face. That would not do! Goodest Boi stood up, borked once, then glomped the boy (quite possibly knocking him to the ground). He placed his paws on the boy's shoulders and began to nuzzle his face, tail wagging. Cuddle time was the best solution for sad people.

He only stopped his cuddle onslaught when he heard another voice. Goodest Boi looked up to see a woman. She looked rather nice, but smelt very very strange. Many people here did, but Goodest Boi wouldn't judge them for it. All doubts he had, if any, were immediately settled when she scratched his ears. She was a very nice person, yes she was! Goodest Boi stepped off of Lukas and excitedly sniffed the legs and feet of the new woman, walking around her while the humans talked.

Lukas Nephus
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Cathedral neighborhood. Interaction(s): Juju Juju (GB) StaidFoal StaidFoal (Meira)

The dog was healthy. Completely healthy. This surprised Lukas almost as much as the faint glow and the strange sensation creeping up his hand. He had expected to feel some tiny sliver of power flowing into the dog but...was there really nothing to heal? This was the first time he had touched someone since coming here, maybe his power no longer poured out of him? Then there was the warm feeling in his arm and he felt less upset. Is this what dogs were like on this world?

These thoughts distracted him so that he did not notice the shadow fly over him. He was completely oblivious to his surroundings a moment later when the dog pounced on him and began nuzzling his face. He let's out a surprised laugh at the first licks, the same warmth engulfing him, but suddenly breaks down sobbing. It's as if a dam inside him finally breaks. Wrapping his arms around the dog, he holds it tight for a moment as he convulsively weeps. Then his breathing calms and the tears stop flowing. Lukas lets go with a few pets and says, "Good dog." There was a strange sense of being empty yet at peace. There was at least one good creature in this terrible world.

This was when Lukas became aware of the red haired beast woman. He sniffs and wipes his eyes with his sleeve, inadvertently pressing his other palm against the flower. It had been dropped along with his handkerchief when Lukas hugged the dog. At his touch the flower slowly stiffens, the base of its stem sinking into the earth while tiny leaves sprout from it.

"I...uh... I..." Lukas stammers meekly, there was nothing notable or outstanding about him except for the golden eyes. He looks at her outstretched hand. The chances of the dog being completely healthy were slim. Not even fleas? It was more likely that his death had stopped the outward flow of his healing. He manages a weak smile and reaches out to take her hand, letting her help him to his feet.

He instantly knew it was a mistake. As soon as their hands touched he felt his power flowing to her. Her fatigue, aching muscles, and partially healed injuries were immediately healed. Even something as slight as a headache, split nail, or cold was gone. Lukas didn't like to lie but he didn't want to tell the truth either. That left simply ignoring it and hoping she didn't notice it. If she did bring it up, he'd just play dumb. Maybe she'd think it was the glowing dog? He was starting to wonder about Fido.

Her strength surprised him as she pulled him up. She was much stronger than him. He felt sorry for the people who fought her and, then, he felt sorry for her - she looked like a nice person but she had probably done terrible things in this war. He didn't feel bitter at the thought, a lingering glow left him vaguely regretful. He immediately releases her hand and slides it into his pocket to get his handkerchief. As frown crosses his face briefly when he realizes it isn't there.

"I'm...Lukas... This is...uh...Fido. We were both alone...so we became friends. Now we're not alone." Lukas says quietly, looking down at the fluffy dog as it runs circles around the woman. The idea of being huddled in a confided space with the survivors of this city, hoping that its defenders would be successful but fearing that they would fail. Then what? Bringing back those who died from starvation only for them to starve again? Waiting until the citadel falls and the enemy massacres them...his healing would only damn him in that scenario. He slowly rubs his hands together, his voice wavering, "Will we be safe there?" He swallows as another thought occurs to him. They might conscript him into a militia and send him to fight. He would not kill. What would happen when they discovered that? What would happen if they discovered his power then?

At this point, the gigantic chess piece erupts from the cathedral with a mighty roar that echoes across the city. Lukas stares at it as it charges across the distance with wide eyes. That was something that had been summoned to conquer. Again he wondered why he was here. After a moment, he looks at the beast woman and repeats, "...will we be safe there?" This time the words are more skeptical than nervous.

Behind him, by his dropped handkerchief, the flower has perked up completely and looks like it had always been planted there.

Last edited:
Getting a response almost immediately to her SOS was a welcome surprise to Yunica, but when she attempted to locate the source of the signal she found herself looking down at some tiny creature that was in possession of a variety of gadgets according to her sensors. "What are you?" she blurts out over the comms before she could stop herself. Helpfully the Armor's computers then labeled the thing as being a rat, not that she had any idea what that meant.

Then the explosion of motion and noise that was Rook seized the clone's attention and in her surprise she drew her sword, the grey blade softly glowing as she settled into a one handed stance, left arm positioned protectively in front of her as if it held a shield. Once Yunica realized that the giant was not being a threat to her, she hesitantly returned the weapon to its scabbard.

The poor woman didn't get a moment of peace before another voice broke into the same comm channel that presumably the rat had used to talk to her. "What's this? A fleshy calling for help and another fleshy answering? Oh, did SINny drag you to this place too!?!? If so, congrats and welcome to crazy world! And let me know if you see a small demon child, I need to eat her soul."

Yunica's mouth just hung open at the bizarre communication she had just gotten. So much about what was going on did not make sense and she was still no closer to figuring it out than before she had activated the SOS.

Mention: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Interaction: Kaihaku Kaihaku

Nemu shot.jpgIce.png
Nemu and Ice-Dragon GloopInteraction: Kaihaku Kaihaku seasonedcat seasonedcat | Mention: Klicc Klicc nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer

"Oh no..." Nemu said, placing a hand over her mouth as the robot-man was launched backwards, taking down some feathery birb in the process "Uh... he will be ok right? Yeah, totally. He probably has some ultra-mega future tech that can repair itself. I'm sure it will be completely fine. He seems a little busy and I don't want to bother him when he's talking to the dragon. Maybe I should hold off on the picture for a bit. What do you think?"

Normally she would say this to Gloop, who wasn't one to add much to a conversation, but it was better than talking to herself. She looked to her side, realizing Gloop was long gone, "oh..." She glanced down at the picture of all the summoned she had just taken, then put it into her pocket, smiling slightly.

The slime was still sitting beside the rat-man, its body swaying slightly in contentment. It made not a sound, aside from the occasional drip of goo, and seemed to be intent on listening to the rat. Whether or not it could understand any of it was another story, seeing as it had no brain or ears to speak of. When a floating man approached it turned its gelatinous head towards him, regarding him and the offered lap.

A moment later Gloop began to flap its little wings, but its chubby body was much too heavy. At least, it should be. By all known laws of aviation, it should not be able to fly. Such small primitive wings are too small to get such a fat body off the ground. Gloop of course, did not care for such things, and flapped its wings even faster. Somehow, it managed to lift ever so slightly off the ground, hardly even half and inch. It hovered its way to Caedmon at a snail's pace.

When Gloop eventually climbed into his lap it looked rather pleased with itself. At least, as pleased as a slime could look. It was cold to the touch, like fresh snow, though not enough to cause immediate frostbite. However, after a while it might start to get uncomfortable. Gloop's blubbery mass was semi-solid and seemed to melt slightly into the arms of Caedmon. Should he poke its jelly-like body it would ripple and bounce back to its previous shape.

Nemu approached the two and giggled, "Oh hey, Gloop likes you! Be careful, they're super clingy! They uh, don't get out much since they're kinda illegal where I'm from" She scratched the back of her head awkwardly, "Wow! Also, you're really good at levitating! Could you, like, maybe give me some pointers sometime? I totally suck at self-levitation spells. I may or may not have failed the charms course... I'm Nemu by the way! It's very nice to meet you!"

Gloop happily wiggled like jello, but went perfectly still whenever a young woman wearing a lavender dress approached Nemu. The pink haired girl noticed her at about the exact same time as the slime and gasped, "Clementine? You got isekaied too!? No way! Wait, yeah of course I know you... you're like always receiving awards at ceremonies and stuff. You're the top witch in school, everyone kinda knows you. I'm surprised you know me! Oh, wait we're in the same charms class! You've got a better memory than me!" Nemu placed her fist into her palm, seeming to suddenly get an idea, "Wait a second!? We were definitely sent here as a team! I guess that means I'm not here because of my love potion... it doesn't make sense anymore, but I was kinda thinking that maybe this was some fantasy-dream because of the potion! It's crazy, I know, but I almost completed it! I was so close! Then I ended up here! Oh by the way, this is Gloop and Mr.... uh... what was his name.."

As Nemu talked, Caedmon could hear a growing sound of bubbles emanating from Gloop. The sound grew into a crescendo as it opened its slimy jaws and spat a ball of ice at Clementine. The magical ice shot towards the girl's face, but someone might be able to stop it in time. Certainly not Nemu, who had her back turned and seemed deep in conversation.

Charon's bouncing from foot to foot made it rather obvious that he was getting impatient for anything to happen, a familiar (to some) wooden sign bouncing on his chest. Didn't help that he and some of the others were under guard and not exactly allowed to go do whatever they wanted right now. At least not without getting hunted by the army which would be mighty inconvenient at the moment. But then the android froze as it picked up an SOS signal. For a moment he was confused, there were no Summoned out that way that he was aware of.... which made him wonder if it was a new Summoned. The newly emerged rampaging giant in addition to the conversation he just overhead on the radio gave him the answer.

Rotating his head towards Kotori and the others, he excitedly announced, "New Summoned! Lets go take a look!"

Reisen.jpg
Zasha
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic Mentions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer
When she felt the birdman melt into shadow in her arm, she groaned in disgust at having to feel such a thing. She'd seen plenty of movies where people do that, but actually having to feel it with her actual arms? That was just unsettling, like liquid smoke and slime running through her. Unpleasant, but at least bird brain did actually wake up and, ugh, he just snapped his neck into place. That's something she didn't need to see, and was about to comment on it.

But there was a ringing in her ears. Rather, it was like someone just smacked her behind the head from the massive SOS signal in the middle of this burning wasteland of a city. Not like she cared, but considering the people of all shapes and sizes around her, it was worth checking out just to see what mayhem she could get herself into. Saving the recording of a massive robot jumping into the city, she pocketed her phone and snapped her fingers. A single 10ft mech fell from seemingly thin air next to her, its digitigrade legs whirring to life as it stood up. She issued it its necessary orders of handling Ashe's requests, from protection to evacuation. This way, she wasn't obligated to just sit here and do nothing. That was boring, even if the amount of video was funny. No, she wanted to check out the place, maybe see what all the hype was about in this siege.

Once she finished mentally adding the orders, she gave a two finger salute to the older demigod and jumped out of the cathedral towards the SOS signal, her augmented body punching through walls and roofs when in the way and hopping from rooftop to rooftop. She clearly saw more than one person leave the cathedral, even if it was something as tiny as that rat. She didn't really give it the time of day, but seeing it go in the same direction meant that it was definitely smarter than it looked. Highly intelligent rats, that'll be most normal thing she'll see all day.

"Oi oi, this the channel for that distress call? The hell you blasting such a massive SOS in the middle of a warzone anyway?" She asked on the open channel, smashing through another wall. "Fuck that was someone's couch, wasn't it?" She shook her head to clear her hair of the debris and her sensors flared. Found her, and there was that rat too. Her legs launched her up and landed onto an adjacent roof overlooking the two. "Well, looks like I didn't have to look far to find either of ya. Pretty brave to just waltz into a city being sieged without having a damn clue what the hell is happening." She grinned, sitting on the edge of the roof, her eyes regarding the small, gun toting rat. "Seems kinda dangerous considering that we got big, angry, and stupid rampaging across the city." Her eyes looking into the distance of Rook going batshit on the city. "But I can't blame ya too much. After all, I'm here too."

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interaction(s): Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat

His expression still locked in a scowl, Caedmon shivered with excitement rather than cold as the gelatinous creature set down in his lap. He wrapped his arms around it and floated around like a ferris wheel a few times. This is my new sibling. The last surviving ESPer decided, having sensed something of the slime's true nature but somewhere along the lines drawing the wrong conclusion. Like me, it was not born but created in order to wage war.

1604567784822.png

He took one of his psi-crystals from his pouch and carefully pushed it deep within the slime using telekinesis. There, now he could now communicate directly with his new sibling. Sweet. He blushed with emotion at the thought. My new sibling is so sweet. He lowered his head to the slime and gave it a lick. His tongue stuck to the icy slime but he managed to pull free after a second - it was painful but worth it. His blush deepen as he murmurs, still scowling, "You are so sweet."

"Caedmon."
The ESPer answers flatly as the teenage girl warrior introduces him. Her name was Nemu and she had illegally made his new sibling Gloop in order to win an unwinnable war. At least that was how Caedmon interpreted what he heard and sensed from the two of them.

His emerald eyes sparkled intently as he stared at the second teenage girl. This formidable opponent was radiating emotions that made Caedmon distrust her immediately and deeply. His eyes narrowed slightly as he sensed something from his new sibling. So...this was someone to attack! An enemy. Caedmon reaches out preemptively and snatches the ice ball out of the air long before it can strike the second witch. He was wearing his temperature resistant battle suit and gloves, so he barely felt the magical cold.

"No. That's not the way." Caedmon tells his new little friend seriously, conveying his intent with telepathy as he sets down Gloop and stands to adopt a pitching pose. An enemy of Gloop was an enemy of his, no matter how dangerous the battle might be. "We need to do this together." He waits for Gloop to prepare a second magical blast of ice and winds up, throwing the one he'd snatched from the air at her in perfect synchronization with his new sibling. Always together. Two together are stronger than one and one.

Skat Anotatos
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interaction(s): YsFanatic YsFanatic Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Klicc Klicc

His tail twitching, Skat contemplates how to respond to this unexpected turn of events. The metal giant was the source of the distress signal but there was no emergency. This barbaric fool was in a complete panic despite their great size and power. The damage had been done. One of SIN's summoned - some kind of psychopath who wanted to eat a child's soul - now knew their location. He looked up at the barbarian with the rabbit ears and shook his head, sighing heavily. "Even a slight turn of Fortune can change the outcome of a entire war. The ramifications of this impulsive and inconsiderate action may cost us dearly in the battles to come. It should have been brought to the group for consensus." Granted, his tiny voice only sounded like squeaks to anyone without enhanced hearing.

He turned away from the gigantic metal figure, not bothering to answer its crude question pertaining to his ancestry. He'd seen too many barbarians like this, terrified and miserable, clinging to their misguided sense of sized based superiority, incapable of seeing the obvious in front of them. There was no reasoning with the ones like this, not until the completion of Phase 3. The merciful conqueror conquered twice. As he broke into a steady gait back to the assembled summoned, Skat opened a communication channel to the android and began to update him on the situation. "Zane, this is Patrician Skat Anotatos. Our position has been compromised. The shock of summoning was too much for one of our number and they broadcast a SOS signal. It was received by one of SIN's followers. A really nasty individual by the sound of it. Alert the others. We need to be ready."

It didn't occur to Skat, in this tense moment, that Zane might also be unaware of his existence.

IVAN FEDERICO

Ivan was tinkering with his weapon surrounded by battle ready Nortestran guards, when Charon suddenly swiveled his head in the group’s direction. Ivan was confused, and raised an eyebrow at Charon when suddenly the robot said, “New Summoned!” Ivan raised both eyebrows at this and a frown appeared on his face. SIN had brought more Summoned to Nortestra? How did Charon know? Ivan figured he had picked up some sort of symbol from the way he had suddenly tilted his head and then swiveled it around to face them. The gunslinger said, “How do you know Charon? What do you mean MORE Summoned? “ Ivan got to his feet off of the slightly charred chair he had been sitting in. Ivan cocked his gun, lights beeping and the frame configuring to a slightly smaller variant. Looking out over the wall, Ivan could see the Mollug forward army camp, bustling with activity. There were a lot of the fuckers, too many to count in fact. New Summoned in this case wasn't a good sign, just more chaos to fan the flames of war. If they turned out to be hostile, Ivan wasn't sure if the city would last, but if they were friendly… Perhaps the tide of battle could be shifted.

They were sitting on top of the second to last wall protecting Castellan’s last defenders and occupants. There had been activity in the occupied city and the no man's land stretching between the third and second wall. A massive pillar had come soaring out of the sky earlier and that had been the first hint that something was off today the group had received. Ivan had been hoping it wouldn't be more Summoned, but from the size of it and its material nature, he hadn't had much hope. The Rifle whirred for a second and beeped, speaking to Ivan for a second, telling him of an SOS signal it had received. So Charon was right? Some technologically advanced creature had suddenly appeared in the city? Could it be Summoned? Was it SIN? New Summoned was the only answer Ivan could come to. He groaned at the thought and walked over to Charon. They were standing at the edge of the wall, signs of battle and destruction evident from their viewpoint. “Might as well go check it out I guess.” the gunslinger said before jumping from the wall. His enhanced strength and the power of the Gun carried Ivan quite far, landing him on top of a tall habitation building with casual effort.

The roof had seen some combat, judging from the hundreds of arrows pincushioning the home and the several old rotting corpses. Ivan jumped from building to building, racing along the city rooftops towards the source of the signal. Ivan came across the destroyed cathedral, noting how similar it looked to the last church he had fought in front of, only several days ago. There were beings inside the church and outside of it. Ivan couldn't see Yunica or Skat from this side, so he entered the church first. Blasting a hole through the wall, Ivan strode in through his new opening into the pews of the cathedral. There were quite a few individuals inside, including a dragon and other strange looking entities.

“Alright yall! Are you Summoned?”

@ everyone still inside the cathedral

With Ivan's abrupt departure, Charon decided that there was no point to him waiting around, even if it meant leaving Kotori and Horny Horse behind. With a shout of "Wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeee!" the android also jumps off the wall, but unlike the gunslinger he shoves his hand into the wall as a means to keep his momentum at a safe velocity. Once he was close enough to ground level the soul eater pushes off from the wall and breaks into a run as soon as he lands, his trusters flaring to life in the process. It doesn't take him long to reach the area of the SOS before it abruptly vanishes, but thankfully at this point he was able to detect a piece of technology with familiar signal type and home in on that instead.

With Zasha's comments, Yunica realized that perhaps the SOS hadn't been a smart move after all. Feeling embarrassed, she deactivated the signal, completely missing Skat's exit in the process. "Sorry," the clone mumbles.

Perhaps just a few moments later Charon bursts onto the scene, skidding to a stop when he visually spots the Assault Armor. "Oh hey I know that tech! You are from the Alliance!"

Yunica was initially surprised when the suddenly appearing android recognized where her machine was from, but then Armor's computers ID'd the entity as Charon and started to display an abbreviated data entry on him. As the name sounded familiar she set to work reading the entry as quickly as she could.

Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Juju Juju

=VIRTUE=
Interacting: All the new summoned
Mentioned: All the old summoned​

Virtue couldn't help but break into laughter as Carmen's introduction was cut off. A remarkable first impression, she thought. Fortunately for everyone, the chaos seemed to settle without any near-fatalities, with Rook running off into the distance and no need for an... intervention. At Mother Voorjaar's wise request, the Goddess nodded slightly. "Very well. You shall all receive some generous aid of mine." She held her palm out, gently uncurling it to reveal a blinding ball of light. Over a few seconds, it dimmed and dissipated. Everyone, even those further away, would feel a slight warmth somewhere on their body. A yellow rune, half a foot long in diameter, appeared somewhere on their body. In the back of their minds, they'd be able to recall a map with some of the nations, namely Mollug, Nortestra, and Czarsnikei, brimming red—where summoned were located.

Everyone would also be able to recollect Virtue's soft voice.

"The surviving summoned who came before you? For it is to your benefit, I grant your wish. But I shall list only those with the utmost impact on this broken world. Currently trapped in the Red Kingdom, in the very city you are in, some of them lie.

"A man adorned in advanced technology, meant to restrain his gravity-bending power; his mind half mad, and half childish curiosity. With him is a tamed creature of blue and shifting shape. Together, a most dangerous duo.

"Another of a futuristic time, a gunman whose will and foolhardy sense landed him in a dire situation with a few others. His rifle once pierced the clouds.

"Pulled from a world of ruination: its guardians. A girl and her justice-hungry partner, who vowed to protect Nortestra only to be met with hasty imprisonment at the aforemention partner's own actions.

"Also with them: a night-skinned girl with hope and optimism for the world, despite its countless misfortunes.

"A being of metal and wiring; notably of eccentric attitude and a hunger for souls and desire for close-contact with species around him.

"Hailing from an oriental world, skilled with the curved blade and combat in general: a former 'shogun.'

"In the very arms of one of your peers is a beaming ball of white, able to inspire anyone he comes across and fill whatever empty pits in their soul may be present. A formidable summon, for certainty.

"Also summoned was a princess who controls both frost and fire, last seen in the Royal Palace itself, only to have 'quieted' under odd circumstances."
"Up north, in the snowy kingdom of Czarsnikei, more previous summoned have found themselves encased. They could only do so much in a land infested with feral demons.

"A summoner of ferocious monsters from below, he plans to take a step in the kingdom towards power.

"With them, a spirit who tries to maintain a neutral outlook, attacking only when provoked. Of oriental origin, she wields the curved blade with precision and skill, wandering wherever her feet take her.

"In a forced slave-pact with the aforementioned spirit is another one. Maniacal and of greed, he was once capable of freezing the entire planet in an indefinite ice age; the exact fate he brought upon his original world.

"A child—turned demon at such a young age—blinded and seeing the world in vastly different ways. She will gouge people's eyes, whereas in her vision she simply gives a face to a ball of clay.

"Hailing from the child's original world, formerly peers in a scheme by their now deceased superior, comes a demon of strength and power. For each of the seven sins that one commits, he gains an edge in battle."
"In the empire of ruin and self-conflict, some of the more competent summoned make their movements. They sought to restore order in a land of tyranny; only time will tell if they succeed.

"A creature of extraterrestrial origin. What he lacks in power is made up in strategy and will. With diplomatic measures and leadership, he leads a brewing revolution in Mollug.

"Joining his revolution is a fallen Goddess, empowered by what her followers believe her to be. With the right moves, she could become a powerful asset, or the worst foe.

"In Mollug lands far from the alien's movement is a man of three identities within himself, each of differing personalities. He moves to gain control through the dirty underbelly of Mollug."
"In the lands distant and between the three kingdoms, many others wander aimlessly. Some forever expanding, others in poor, dire conditions.

"Digging itself into a valley, an abomination of meat and tentacles corrupts the grassy lands in an expanding growth. It takes whatever creatures it finds, and 'evolves' them; controls them. Left unchecked, it will undoubtedly consume all that the continent stands for.

"Lost, wandering alone and hungry, an innocent, young girl. All she has is an imaginary friend of hers; a friendly voice that needs to protect her at all costs."

"More exist out in this world, but they are for you to stumble upon yourselves. To determine whether they will be of aid, or prove an obstacle. In fact, some are on their very way here." From the direction of Castellan, they'd hear an array of bells cast an alarm throughout the city. As the old summoned drew ever closer, a crack opened in the air behind Virtue. "I am afraid we must cut our time here short. It seems you all have some work to conduct..." As the bells continued gonging, Ivan blasted into the cathedral, just seconds after the Goddess vanished through the crack, which, too, was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back