The Diner - OOC

I forgot to post a detailed scene report and shit. I'll get a version for everyone and one for the agents soon.

Deputies, feel free to invent small details about people or places. I'll integrate them as best I can. 

Always be paranoid. 

Constantly. 

Only way to stay alive!

Entire town is a cult, or maybe two fighting cults! Both worship a god of death, want to fight over who has the better god of death. 

Much like a "my dad can beat up your dad" arguement but everyone dies.

Nah, you guys technically have it too largely because you're in the town and SD - you would've been in the searches and probably heard rumours of anything you didn't personally see.

I should have time to post tonight. :D. Even though the new Path of Exile dopamine treadmill is here in a couple hours.

Path of exile? 

And I should be able to post when I get home.

Pardon my confusion but, skinner-box? 

I did some reading and apparently it's an mmo... Sell it to me folks.

It's like Diablo. You click on different colours of zombie, monsters, or bandit until their numbers go down while stopping your numbers from going down. You can also press buttons to make their numbers go down faster. They then drop various items, and you spend half an hour sorting through to find the ones with the best numbers. When a special number is high enough from clicking on things, you get a number you can add to some other numbers that give your buttons better numbers, or make your other numbers better. 

Also there's a plot I guess.

Skinner Box is an informal nickname for an operant conditioning chamber.

It's like Diablo. You click on different colours of zombie, monsters, or bandit until their numbers go down while stopping your numbers from going down. You can also press buttons to make their numbers go down faster. They then drop various items, and you spend half an hour sorting through to find the ones with the best numbers. When a special number is high enough from clicking on things, you get a number you can add to some other numbers that give your buttons better numbers, or make your other numbers better. 

Also there's a plot I guess.

Skinner Box is an informal nickname for an operant conditioning chamber.

It also works as an excellent distraction while waiting for your L5R partner to finish typing up a novella-length accusation aimed at another samurai.

Also related: I failed to post.  I did get to act 4, though. :). I'll try when I wake up!

I see... 

I ended up playing dark souls again, been awhile since I played it last and it was giving me the puppy dog eye look. 

Regardless, if the plot wants to move forward, there's not much James and Frank can talk about without knowledge of the scene.

They've got the info in that post, but if that's not enough we'll be moving ahead anyway once Lena and Lex post.

It also works as an excellent distraction while waiting for your L5R partner to finish typing up a novella-length accusation aimed at another samurai.

Scorpion or bust.

They've got the info in that post, but if that's not enough we'll be moving ahead anyway once Lena and Lex post.

Scorpion or bust.

I am!  Shosuro, but Bayushi bushi by GM's insistance instead of Infiltrator.  And my betrothed is a Crane void shugenja trained by phoenix, so she has literally NO skill points in anything.  But will be terrifying if we get her to start gaining some power.

Scorpion or bust.

Must be me being a fool again then. 

I am!  Shosuro, but Bayushi bushi by GM's insistance instead of Infiltrator.  And my betrothed is a Crane void shugenja trained by phoenix, so she has literally NO skill points in anything.  But will be terrifying if we get her to start gaining some power.

How are you marrying her, instead of the Phoenix offering everyone involved a castle to get her into their clan...?

not sure what ya'll are talking about, but follow your heart bud! You can do it! 

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Etc etc.

Finally clued in that the report file was another thread, took to reading like that until my nose broke the screen. The lake seems to be an important part of this, once we have a good look at the body I'll get to thinking further ahead. 

As I stated in the post, the history of the lake, stories behind it, talking to the guy who found the body. Hell, checking up on the older folks in town to see if their alright is a good way to increase your presence in the community, remember, while we must solve the case our goal is to restore order. We have to stay as the good guys, even if the whole town is a cult to the deep ones. 

I am back from my labor day weekend vacation at the pirate festival.  I'm looking forward to seeing what @CoyoteGhost posts, since we will probably be on the same detail after lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back