• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Diamond and The Rough (Stardust & Poohead)

POOHEAD189

Warrior
a158b3789c1783829f8a317a12597200.jpg

Bahram had thought himself a dead man.

By Allah and all of the prophets, he should have been. His body, though young and strong, was scraped and tattered like his vest. He felt like one of the tossed applecores he sometimes had to take to keep from starving! Vainly he tried to recall what had led to his current predicament, lost in a living cavern of merciless darkness. He pressed his strong hand to his thick mane of dark hair, keeping himself steady. Slowly, his vision began to adapt to the lack of light, seeing there was the tiniest sliver of light every few dozen feet, though they were far away above him in the vastness of the cavern. Wherever he was, he was stuck here...

It had been that cursed vizier, he remembered. Bahram had been the last true thief in the city of Abasi Nahbi, City of Wonders. The last only theif, at least. There were plenty of other thieves, but they were able to hide in plain sight by serving their families or begging for jobs, some even choosing slavery over starvation. Bahram had no such luxury and too much pride for such nonsense. He was a thief and he liked it, if he was honest (which he usually was not). Running circles around the guards and impressing the women in the marketplace had been more fun than he cared to admit, but it seemed to have cost him his life. They had finally laid a trap for him, and had captured him. It took a day's travel to bring him to the so-called Cave of Devourering. A living cavern that swallowed all who entered, and he was tossed in as the vizier and his men erupted in mad laughter. Bahram had managed to give them one last, lewd motion with his fingers before he was swallowed, tumbling down a stone stairway and losing consciousness until now.

He was no longer groping blindly, but he still had little visibility. The young, lean thief slid his hands along the floor, feeling himself going stiff when he felt the bones of a previous victim!

"Oh yeah, that bodes well for me," He deadpanned, reaching out toward a dull light along the stone floor. Briefly he felt his fingers brush along something brass and covered in dust. He blinked, noticing how well the light reflected off of it. "Hey, what's this!?" He exclaimed, greed still apart of his nature. Unfortunately, he then sardonically remembered he was still stranded beneath dozens of tons of rock. "Lot of good it will do me while I starve to death... Ugh, who am I speaking to anyway..."

He rubbed what he found to be a lamp, unable to figure just how such a strange item found it's way so far below ground?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back